• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:09
CEST 20:09
KST 03:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9203 users

When do you plan to pick up your Starcraft 2 copy? - Page 5

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
July 14 2010 02:43 GMT
#81
Not going to get it right away. During the beta break, I realized how much better of a game Broodwar was, so I'll be sticking to that for a while.

Being rank 1 diamond felt so pointless. I don't get this system at all. Being C on icc actually shows how much I still need to improve.
GANDHISAUCE
pherzu
Profile Joined May 2010
United States7 Posts
July 14 2010 02:48 GMT
#82
I don't plan on buying it as it is now. Bnet 2.0 is a joke compared to what it should be after a decade long wait for SC2. Not to mention all of the other issues I am sure most of you already know about. The gameplay is solid enough and fun, but SC: BW is still vastly superior. It doesn't help that Blizzard is price gouging as well.

I suspect I'll buy the game at some point, probably when the SC2 battlechest comes out in a few years (I mean, what's another few years of waiting where SC2 is concerned?), or perhaps a bit sooner if I hear of significant improvements to Bnet 2.0 and if the gameplay also continues to improve ... or if my friends finally wear me down to the point I just have to buy it to play any games with them at all. Time will tell.
Mista_Masta
Profile Joined January 2009
Netherlands557 Posts
July 14 2010 03:18 GMT
#83
Delivered by Amazon. I'll be on vacation until the 30th though, so I'll have to miss out on approximately 72 precious hours of SC2-gaming.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 03:36:08
July 14 2010 03:34 GMT
#84
There should be another option, like "other" because I won't be buying it soon. However I voted "after a few days", but by days I might mean months, or not buying it at all. If anything I'm looking forward to single player than I am with multiplayer. During the beta I found I wasn't as into the game as I imagined. I find myself always loading up SCBW though, so I guess I'm not done with SCBW. I am in no rush to play SC2.

Edit - I wouldn't be surprised to find myself buying SC2 when the first expansion comes out lol, which is what? in a years time?
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Insight
Profile Joined December 2009
19 Posts
July 14 2010 03:41 GMT
#85
On July 14 2010 04:40 Sentient66 wrote:
Where's the option for "I won't buy it?"

^
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
July 14 2010 04:03 GMT
#86
On July 14 2010 08:19 Empyrean wrote:
I'm likely not going to buy SC2 for quite some time after release, personally.

It's not worth my money right now.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
pianoblack
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada24 Posts
July 14 2010 04:05 GMT
#87
I'll be working at my EB Games selling it at midnight, and/or picking it up midnight at my EB Games!
Garaman
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States556 Posts
July 14 2010 04:05 GMT
#88
not buying it due to grievances
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
July 14 2010 04:27 GMT
#89
After work on the 27th. Got it reserved but with other things I have to take care of, I won't be going to the midnight release.
it's my first day
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 14 2010 05:04 GMT
#90
On July 14 2010 07:53 Yurebis wrote:
[x] When Blizzard gets their act together
IOW
[x] Never LOL

lol, this is what I was going to write. At the very least 10 years from now when all three expansions have been released and Blizzard stops caring I'll pick it up
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Jepulis
Profile Joined July 2010
Finland140 Posts
July 14 2010 05:27 GMT
#91
Will probably get it on around 29-30th. Since its being mailed :/
poutipou
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada30 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-14 05:40:25
July 14 2010 05:39 GMT
#92
[x] Never.
Edit: w00t happy birthday icon =D
[...]-lisk.
5FDP
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany44 Posts
July 14 2010 05:43 GMT
#93
midday. don't think there is some crazy midnight sale here
nobody wants to be a loser drone and mine all day (Tasteless)
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
July 14 2010 05:56 GMT
#94
Where is the "In a few years" option?
bias-
Profile Joined October 2004
United States410 Posts
July 14 2010 06:23 GMT
#95
I'm boycotting SC2. Never thought I'd say that.
For serious minds, a bias recognized is a bias sterilized.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 14 2010 06:44 GMT
#96
I probably won't buy SC2 until I see changes that a lot of the community expect such as LAN, cross realm, etc. If there is a sale then I might consider getting it.
XJungWonx
Profile Joined December 2009
United States72 Posts
July 14 2010 06:46 GMT
#97
i will just wait for sc3......
Ultralisks + Dark Swarm FTW
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 14 2010 06:54 GMT
#98
When's the option for "not buying for a long time"?
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zozo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Brazil2579 Posts
July 14 2010 06:58 GMT
#99
On July 14 2010 06:41 Bob300 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 03:52 Zozo wrote:
Getting mine on blizzard's store online, screw standing in a line!

To bad it wont be there. Someone said a few weeks after release so it doesn't ruin sales.


Wrong

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25626576261&sid=3000&pageNo=2#29
EGM guides me
lokiM
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3407 Posts
July 14 2010 07:14 GMT
#100
On July 14 2010 04:40 Sentient66 wrote:
Where's the option for "I won't buy it?"

i was looking for this as well =\
You can't fight the feeling.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 922
IndyStarCraft 271
ProTech135
Rex 115
UpATreeSC 69
BRAT_OK 43
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31526
Shuttle 794
Mini 412
Hyuk 153
Rush 150
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 91
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 29
Sacsri 22
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Rock 16
Shine 13
White-Ra 3
Dota 2
Gorgc8193
qojqva1744
Counter-Strike
fl0m1569
Fnx 867
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1458
crisheroes1325
Liquid`Hasu241
Other Games
summit1g2076
FrodaN1643
Beastyqt564
XBOCT260
Mlord245
DeMusliM209
ArmadaUGS171
KnowMe143
C9.Mang0135
XaKoH 107
QueenE94
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1056
ComeBackTV 910
TaKeTV 682
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH315
• EnkiAlexander 83
• StrangeGG 47
• Hinosc 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• 80smullet 9
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie728
• Shiphtur338
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 51m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 51m
Online Event
16h 51m
FEL
21h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.