• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7853 users

[GOM] Mirror, Mirror - Page 2

Forum Index > News
49 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-31 17:14:21
July 31 2009 17:07 GMT
#21
On August 01 2009 01:55 Avidkeystamper wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
" Despite EffOrt's recent weakness to Calm in the MSL, expect him to handle July with ease."

Uh..spoiler?


The result isn't revealed. Just said EffOrt showed weakness in his MSL games vs Calm. If that's a spoiler, you guys are too sensitive. Or I'm too insensitive. I never did understand squeamishness over spoilers... especially in news articles. If someone tells you there was an excellent game, knowing the result, for me, rarely ruins a fresh viewing of the game... and if someone tells you the game was crap, you can avoid wasting 5 to 60 minutes watching it. That's how I feel about spoilers, anyway. I know I'm in the vocal minority so I try to respect TL's spoiler tradition but in this case, unless a mod thinks I'm stepping over the line, I'm leaving it in the open.
tyreek
Profile Joined June 2009
United States141 Posts
July 31 2009 17:18 GMT
#22
(Z)July > (Z)EffOrt I really want to see July go to Blizzcon but I doubt that will happen.



STORMMMMMMUUUUUUUUU
Deletrious
Profile Joined December 2007
United States458 Posts
July 31 2009 17:51 GMT
#23
July is really motivated to go to Blizzcon, and Effort still has to prove we can stand the spot light to win a medal.

No honestly the smart money is effort. I Love both these guys but I do hope July can prove himself and prevail.
Bow before the Dongjwa.
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
July 31 2009 18:17 GMT
#24
Both the finals and 3rd place series are going to be one-sided rapes worse than the semis.
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
July 31 2009 18:28 GMT
#25
i want iris to win
he could use a gold
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
July 31 2009 18:30 GMT
#26
IRIS FOR THE ****ING WIN! BERSERKER TERRAN!
Felby
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway81 Posts
July 31 2009 19:03 GMT
#27
iris wins

no contest
xdeviance
Profile Joined July 2009
United States38 Posts
July 31 2009 19:08 GMT
#28
CJ FIGHTING!
Lets go Iris and EffOrt!
EffOrt.!
gumbum8
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States721 Posts
July 31 2009 19:23 GMT
#29
If Flash wins this, then the three GOM titleholders would be bisu, Jaedong, and flash...
Interesting, at least for me :l
but really, has anyone REALLY been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
ototoxicity
Profile Joined July 2009
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-31 20:34:40
July 31 2009 20:26 GMT
#30
[edited] nvm I didnt read the article completely
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
July 31 2009 20:36 GMT
#31
On August 01 2009 05:26 ototoxicity wrote:
is there going to be a 3rd place match?


It say in the article that there will be so yeah.

Check out also upcoming event in the right top corner on TL. It clearly stands there that the 3rd place match will take place on 2nd of August.

Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
July 31 2009 20:55 GMT
#32
Iris v Flash was actually probably the final I most wanted out of the possible ones. They have such opposite approaches to TvT that it makes for great games.
mog87
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1586 Posts
July 31 2009 22:07 GMT
#33
On August 01 2009 00:23 Garnet wrote:
The lack of so many teams allowed Iris to go this far. But this is it. Flash will get his 2nd gold.


Yes the lack of 1 team(SKT1) allowed him to go so far, bullshit. MBC. OGN, and eStro havent played since the GSI, so thats a very moot point. Only real threats on SKT are fantasy and Bisu(whom Iris is currently 1-0 vs in their MSL series) and I guess Best..
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 31 2009 23:07 GMT
#34
On August 01 2009 01:04 Jawa~ wrote:
I know it's whiny of me, but that's a pretty big spoiler on the front page ><


The matches were five days ago, if you haven't watched yet you're either not worried about spoilers or don't really care enough.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Sigh
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2433 Posts
July 31 2009 23:33 GMT
#35
Finally Flash will win something, about time.
If not, that will be truly sad after that epic TvT against FBH.
NaDa/Flash/Thorzain Fan
Jawa~
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States291 Posts
August 01 2009 00:20 GMT
#36
On August 01 2009 08:07 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2009 01:04 Jawa~ wrote:
I know it's whiny of me, but that's a pretty big spoiler on the front page ><


The matches were five days ago, if you haven't watched yet you're either not worried about spoilers or don't really care enough.



I wasn't "spoiled" because I had already seen the matches, but there are plenty of times where I don't get a chance to watch games for a week or so, and avoid the threads like plague until I get up to date on the games I care about. Like I said, it was a minor whine but apparently 5 days is a long time to TL
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
August 01 2009 01:34 GMT
#37
On August 01 2009 09:20 Jawa~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2009 08:07 Pokebunny wrote:
On August 01 2009 01:04 Jawa~ wrote:
I know it's whiny of me, but that's a pretty big spoiler on the front page ><


The matches were five days ago, if you haven't watched yet you're either not worried about spoilers or don't really care enough.



I wasn't "spoiled" because I had already seen the matches, but there are plenty of times where I don't get a chance to watch games for a week or so, and avoid the threads like plague until I get up to date on the games I care about. Like I said, it was a minor whine but apparently 5 days is a long time to TL


TL's spoiler policy is incredibly generous. The busy are pampered here, but in typical sports news 5 hours is an eternity. 5 days is so late it's retarded. If SC2 e-sports gets big in the west I predict the spoiler policy to go out the window simply so we can compete with other websites. As a news writer that hypes upcoming events and wants to justify his opinions, it's annoying to accommodate the spoiler-sensitive (more than half my articles tends to be in spoilers already, and people still complain about spoilers often).

Spoilers made a lot of sense back when there were no streams for western viewers and everyone had to wait for youtube vods or battle reports to find out what happened. These days, when livestreams abound and vods are available to anyone very quickly, it's something of a relic policy that serves little purpose, imo, except to satisfy traditional expectations. The majority of staff still supports TL's spoiler policy, which is why people still get banned for particularly egregious violations, but personally it's very stifling thorn in my side, especially when the policy isn't explicitly outlined. People use personal opinion to decide what is and isn't a spoiler and that generates tons more complaining.
The Storyteller
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
Singapore2486 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-01 02:39:18
August 01 2009 02:38 GMT
#38
Effort vs July won't be that favourable for Effort. In fact, I think there's a high chance he'll lose. + Show Spoiler +
I thought he was joking when he implied he was practising only for PL, but he really seems to be just turning up for his individual leagues, losing ASAP and then going back to practice for PL.


As for Iris's win, I didn't watch the games, but form the write up it seems that Iris's experience really helped him. Hoepfully he'll help CJ formulate more of those brilliant builds for PL.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
August 01 2009 04:15 GMT
#39
Finally a CJ player in the final, and Berserker of all ppl! <3 Iris

I believe!

sorry im a little drunk, just fucking excited about this, im just depressed and at least this cheers me up
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-01 05:42:39
August 01 2009 05:35 GMT
#40
On August 01 2009 02:07 Tadzio wrote:
[...] If someone tells you there was an excellent game, knowing the result, for me, rarely ruins a fresh viewing of the game... and if someone tells you the game was crap, you can avoid wasting 5 to 60 minutes watching it. That's how I feel about spoilers, anyway. I know I'm in the vocal minority so I try to respect TL's spoiler tradition but in this case, unless a mod thinks I'm stepping over the line, I'm leaving it in the open.

As in a good tragedy, the interesting stuff is not as much the outcome of a game, as the string of events that eventually led to it. I would go even further and say that knowing the end in advance can actually enhance the experience. But anyway.

I would usually root for CJ, but I'm kind of pissed after what Effort said about Iris before their series, so I'll be a dick and hope he'll get denied a title again and grow even more frustrated than he obviously is right now. Flash is more talented than him in my book and and still needs a confidence boost so let's go LYH!
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
SortOf 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2332
Shinee 70
HiyA 31
NotJumperer 16
sorry 15
Mong 12
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1423
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
JimRising 679
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft585
Other Games
summit1g7183
Coldzera 774
C9.Mang0357
PiGStarcraft249
ArmadaUGS39
RuFF_SC231
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick919
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream391
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Lourlo1326
• Rush1197
• Stunt318
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.