• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:29
CEST 04:29
KST 11:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6955 users

Corinthos' Stream of Consciousness

Forum Index > News
268 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All

Corinthos' Stream of Consciousness

Text byManifesto7
January 18th, 2009 09:02 GMT
Toptalent aka ilovecats, Yakii, Cadical, and now... Corinthos. If you have been with TeamLiquid for some time, you know these names instantly. They are legends. They are legends because these people have used their time, effort, and money to bring StarCraft to you. They are the ones that punch holes in the barrier that surrounds Korea and lets us peer in. They enrich our experience beyond all measure.

Recently we were informed that Corinthos will be stopping his streaming service on January 19th. He intends to spend more time on his studies and his health. We wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

If you have ever plugged his link into VLC, or installed TV Ants to watch a game on his site, take a moment to post here and say thank you. He richly deserves it.



Mani - When was the first time you started streaming BW, and what got you into it? The current site is your third "project" right?

Corinthos - I don't really have "projects". I take each stream as a task on its own. However, on my time line - yes the site would be one of the bigger tasks I've done. It came up late, and is unfortunately still incomplete, but it was something I wanted to try.

BW was the first thing I have ever streamed. The earliest I remember was converting VODs to flash format, and uploading it to my site as if it was youtube. During that time, I also wrote a script to bypass the login system of ogn, taking you directly to their live stream page. MBC's live stream web page didn't even require a login,so people could just type in the address in their browser and watch.

The first live mbc/ogn stream I relayed would be after sc2.org closed down. I also took liberty of relaying pgl, and a few blizzard streams (blizzcon, wcg, invite).

Mani - How many people tuned into those first efforts compared to the number you have today?

Corinthos - This is one of the main reasons why I feel satisfied and happy when looking back at history. Back then, there was not as many viewers who tuned into actual live events. Most people waited until afterward, and downloaded VODs (the torrent tracker was a big hit- and still is). So for record sakes, there was not more than a hundred for regular matches during the season. The finals peaked around 120-130, but it is much different today.

Today there are over 300 viewers watching regular season matches (osl, msl, pl). During the last OSL finals, I peaked at over 500+ viewers on the vlc stream, a milestone in my books. It makes you feel better knowing there are others staying up all night watching StarCraft with you.

Mani - I am also really impressed with it, considering it gets only word-of-mouth advertising.

How about on a personal level. I know you are a big fan of progaming obviously. Tell me some of your likes / dislikes / favorite memories of progaming?

Corinthos - I joined TeamLiquid "officially" back in 06. My first post was ironically in the Blizzard Invitational thread, where I asked how I could watch the event. (btw thanks Saro for the post search feature!) My StarCraft doesn't date back to the days were Grrr, Legionaire, Elky, etc played in starleagues. I came in the Boxer and iloveoov era. Both of these players are my favorites. I am a terran fan and player.

I liked skt1-telecom in general because of their great metal lineup. I loved the starleague intros back then, and I could feel the excitement from fans in Korea all the way to my monitor back at home. I do have some "dislike" for certain players. I never told anyone this, and I'm sure rocks will be thrown at me for mentioning this, but I don't feel the love for Ma Jae-Yoon.

When I think of him, the memories of the past always come back to me. The days were he sat in the msl - losing numerous games. I just didn't feel it in him. However, I have more respect for him now, he went through a lot in his career and proved he is a more than competent zerg player. I wish him all the best in 2009.

Mani - Did you make a proleague fantasy team this season?

Corinthos - Yes, I did make a fantasy proleague team this season. The players I chose were iloveoov, Bisu (captain), Tazza, Hwasin, Sea and Thezerg. Team - SK Telecom T1

Mani - I guess you were pretty happy yesterday then

Corinthos - Yeah, I was ecstatic over iloveoov's wins. I think I jinxed it though, because after I made a reply in the live report thread oov lost to + Show Spoiler +
Anytime
.

Mani - So you are busy at school these days. What do you study?

Corinthos - Indeed, I am a busy bee this term - need to cut the slack from the past. I studied computer science at University of Waterloo, but I'm in the process of changing majors. Most likely I will take accounting financial management or computing financial management.

Mani - And are you still going to follow progaming even though you aren't streaming?

Corinthos - I will definitely continue to follow progaming, hopefully guilt-free because I don't have much to contribute at the moment. I will probably take a more relaxed approach though, doing things on my own time.

Mani - That sounds like a good plan. Anything you want to say to the community in general?

Corinthos - I want to thank the community for their support and comments towards me. Also, thank you for tuning into my streams, it made all the effort worth it. There are many great people on TL and many awesome contributors. I hope each one will be recognized. I also want to say thanks to the TL IRC, it's really a great place to hangout - please check it out! I also noticed more users trying to provide streams, and I want to encourage them to continue to do so. I believe streams are an important aspect to the community, because just like any other sport, watching the event live is different as opposed to watching the re-run. I hope everyone continues to spread the word about sc, and make it big. Let's bring e-sports outside of Korea!

Lastly, I want to give shoutouts to people like talent/ilovecats, r1ch and zatic. These guys also were part of my influence, and they helped build some of the foundations. Also the people who upload on the tracker (too many to name) do a great job. I remember when I had a period with the tracker, it's also a lot of work if you don't have automated scripts (zatic!)

Mani - Thanks a lot.

Corinthos - Thank you.


I think it is obvious that when Corinthos and a TL member meet, Corinthos drinks for free! If you don't gave a chance to buy him a beer, at least give hime thanks in this thread.

- Mani
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorGodfather
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
January 18 2009 09:10 GMT
#2
Corinthos you rule!

Your streams were awesome, and I can't believe you did it for so long.

Thanks again.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
January 18 2009 09:11 GMT
#3
corinthos your streams were truly great, thanks for every moment
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
January 18 2009 09:13 GMT
#4
A moment to say thanks?? Day of TL silence more like it.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
RaiSad
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States325 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-18 09:15:56
January 18 2009 09:15 GMT
#5
thanks a lot Corinthos for ur stream,

I hope you can teach someone to continue ur great work. I often watch SC until 3, 4am and I can only do that because your stream is available.

wish u the best!
Burre
Profile Joined September 2008
Sweden154 Posts
January 18 2009 09:15 GMT
#6
Oh noes, bummer

Thanks a milli for the streams, they will be sorely missed.
Tekin
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2711 Posts
January 18 2009 09:15 GMT
#7
Nooo we go back to crappy Damu sports!
Cheers! //¯◡◡¯\\ 문채원 | 한지우 -___-
amorpheus
Profile Joined May 2007
Bulgaria2144 Posts
January 18 2009 09:16 GMT
#8
Thanks man, you're great.
FredSanford
Profile Joined October 2008
United States70 Posts
January 18 2009 09:17 GMT
#9
Cortinthos you rock thanks for all the hard work good luck in your studies again thanks your the #1 source for quick streaming SC next to yy for me
Darth Peter
Profile Joined October 2008
Romania438 Posts
January 18 2009 09:18 GMT
#10
Thank you Corinthos for giving me the chance to watch so many awesome games. We will miss your awesome streams!
cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
January 18 2009 09:18 GMT
#11
I'll echo everyone's thoughts in here - TYVM Corinthos. I could not have watched progaming live until you provided your streams, you truly are a superhero of our community.
THE ANSWER IS 288
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44322 Posts
January 18 2009 09:20 GMT
#12
Thanks man. You made the live bw experience accessable for me.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Star.Dj
Profile Joined August 2007
United States71 Posts
January 18 2009 09:20 GMT
#13
I haven't been paying attention to TL.net for that long, but anyone who helps the community as you have certainly deserves a big thank you Good luck in your studies!
brjdrb
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States577 Posts
January 18 2009 09:25 GMT
#14
thanks corinthos. i only used your stream a few times, but i'm still glad the opportunity was there. good luck with your studies!
Stork's biggest fan
Dr.Dragoon
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1241 Posts
January 18 2009 09:26 GMT
#15
Corinthos, I really appreciate all the streams you've given us, I''m guilty of indulging in them quite often . Thanks a bunch!
~o~ I have returned
blomsterjohn
Profile Joined June 2008
Norway474 Posts
January 18 2009 09:27 GMT
#16
/respect
Salv
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada3083 Posts
January 18 2009 09:28 GMT
#17
Thanks Corinthos,

You're alright!
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
January 18 2009 09:28 GMT
#18
Thanks Corinthos. All the best =)
DukE_ss
Profile Joined June 2007
United States689 Posts
January 18 2009 09:30 GMT
#19
T.t your streams will be missed corinthos. I still remember those days from sc2.org .
“When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.” William Arthur Ward "You are what you think, You become what you think, What you think becomes reality." Phil Hellmuth
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 18 2009 09:30 GMT
#20
thanks a lot!
you make me a happy cyborg!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2544
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever779
NeuroSwarm190
Other Games
summit1g5615
Coldzera 785
Day[9].tv721
JimRising 618
C9.Mang0293
PiGStarcraft217
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick814
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream376
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv721
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 31m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.