• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:23
CEST 11:23
KST 18:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6486 users

[OSL] Cleave the Heavens - Page 2

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
intoyourrainbOW
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States168 Posts
July 11 2008 06:10 GMT
#21
secretly i've been wishing that nada would be the only progamer with a golden mouse. i think july is an amazing player, but i never really liked him based on purely superficial reasons--he looks like one of those fat, pudgy arrogant assholes. and old vs. new? it's time we stop puttong our hopes in the old and realize that they'll never regain what they once had. they left their marks in the progaming scene. let's move on.
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
July 11 2008 06:10 GMT
#22
july in his month taking backho in 4 sets on the 4th of july and having 666 in his 66.63 zvp winning percentage the fates are all pointing to july
OMG you nasty gurl
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
July 11 2008 06:10 GMT
#23
We'll be able to watch this live with the DAUM player, right? right??

...and what's the time conversion?
Hello
brie.mihai
Profile Joined April 2007
Romania95 Posts
July 11 2008 06:10 GMT
#24
july's arm looks awkward.
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
July 11 2008 06:10 GMT
#25
On July 11 2008 15:10 intoyourrainbOW wrote:
secretly i've been wishing that nada would be the only progamer with a golden mouse. i think july is an amazing player, but i never really liked him based on purely superficial reasons--he looks like one of those fat, pudgy arrogant assholes. and old vs. new? it's time we stop puttong our hopes in the old and realize that they'll never regain what they once had. they left their marks in the progaming scene. let's move on.


the point about old was valid until july gets to the osl finals oh wait thats now
OMG you nasty gurl
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 06:13:20
July 11 2008 06:11 GMT
#26
On July 11 2008 15:10 PH wrote:
We'll be able to watch this live with the DAUM player, right? right??

...and what's the time conversion?


yes it will be on daum, and for my timezone est 17:30 converts to 4:30am if that helps at all with your conversion in whatever timezone your in
OMG you nasty gurl
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 11 2008 06:12 GMT
#27
On July 11 2008 15:10 PH wrote:
We'll be able to watch this live with the DAUM player, right? right??

...and what's the time conversion?
TL time is KST, so you can work it out for yourself
and yes, you can watch live using daum
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 06:15:02
July 11 2008 06:14 GMT
#28
Wow, I started reading the write-up without looking at the author, and I just knew it was a certified Plexa article.

Your writing ability is awesome and the speed you churn these reports out is nothing short of amazing... you're completely reviving the lost of art of the battle report, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Thanks Plexa! And congrats on the red.

Edit - That said, I love Best, but I want to see July make history.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 06:34:06
July 11 2008 06:25 GMT
#29
On July 11 2008 15:10 Kuja900 wrote:
july in his month taking backho in 4 sets on the 4th of july and having 666 in his 66.63 zvp winning percentage the fates are all pointing to july


thinking this over further 666 is the devils number so i wonder who that sign favors i hope its july with best being the devil toss apprentice
OMG you nasty gurl
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
July 11 2008 06:36 GMT
#30
I am so excited for this that it hurts. July will come back. He is on a roll and wants to take it for the true kings of starcraft, the old school.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7625 Posts
July 11 2008 06:49 GMT
#31
This is one of the best OSL write ups I've ever read.

I'm comparing it to the days of mensrea and wax...

I wasn't nearly as hyped about the final until I read this report, and I love julyzerg

Best is scary, to be honest if he mastered the multi-task-timming oriented style to bisus level, with his macro/micro he would be the jaedong/flash of protoss meaning the best by miles.

I have never once rooted against a zerg (except jinnam and I was young and foolish then, or that zerg leggionaire had to face in courage ... I hated him too) but I have a feeling I would like a toss who could keep up with my hero and his nemesis.

Yellow,reach,boxer

Jaedong,Flash,Best ... we will see

Thanks!
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
July 11 2008 06:50 GMT
#32
On July 11 2008 15:49 AttackZerg wrote:
This is one of the best OSL write ups I've ever read.

I'm comparing it to the days of mensrea and wax...

I wasn't nearly as hyped about the final until I read this report, and I love julyzerg

Best is scary, to be honest if he mastered the multi-task-timming oriented style to bisus level, with his macro/micro he would be the jaedong/flash of protoss meaning the best by miles.

I have never once rooted against a zerg (except jinnam and I was young and foolish then, or that zerg leggionaire had to face in courage ... I hated him too) but I have a feeling I would like a toss who could keep up with my hero and his nemesis.

Yellow,reach,boxer

Jaedong,Flash,Best ... we will see

Thanks!


wouldnt Yellow Boxer Garimto be more fitting then Yellow Boxer Reach
OMG you nasty gurl
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
July 11 2008 07:12 GMT
#33
As with most everyone else, I really think Best is going to take this one. I will be rooting for both players. A Best win is expected, but I'll always be hoping for the old school Zerg to come out on top and show everyone that you've never been around too long to win an OSL.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
July 11 2008 07:23 GMT
#34
On July 11 2008 16:12 Mikilatov wrote:
As with most everyone else, I really think Best is going to take this one. I will be rooting for both players. A Best win is expected, but I'll always be hoping for the old school Zerg to come out on top and show everyone that you've never been around too long to win an OSL.


how can u say "most everyone else" you cant go through 3 posts in this preview thread without a differing opinion, july life time is 66.63% in the matchup and is seasoned in finals he should by no means be automatically considered the underdog
OMG you nasty gurl
TheOvermind77
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States923 Posts
July 11 2008 07:23 GMT
#35
Ok, I'm a noob when it comes to watching this stuff, but I think I might start...

Is this going to be streaming (live) from anywhere? I thought that you could watch some of these live but maybe I'm wrong ><.
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me.
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
July 11 2008 07:26 GMT
#36
Tonight I experienced something quite ridiculous. I couldn't fucking sleep properly because of a final in bloody starcraft. That was quite the wakeup call.
I'm nervous as shit about this one. If July takes this tomorrow I'll basically be going nintendo sixtyfoooour - if he loses that'll probably set my mood down for the rest of the weekend.

BW shouldn't get to you this way - it's borderline scary.

That said, Tushin fighting!
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
Xiberia
Profile Joined September 2007
Sweden634 Posts
July 11 2008 07:30 GMT
#37
On July 11 2008 16:23 TheOvermind77 wrote:
Ok, I'm a noob when it comes to watching this stuff, but I think I might start...

Is this going to be streaming (live) from anywhere? I thought that you could watch some of these live but maybe I'm wrong ><.

You can usually watch OSL/MSL/PL through Daum player or the Gom player. Oftentimes R1CH or Corinthos set up relays for people to use. Those are usually announced in the IRC channel a bit before the games, so just idle in there.
imDerek
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1944 Posts
July 11 2008 07:44 GMT
#38
I'm really looking forward to this

BeSt fighting!!
Least favorite progamers: Leta, Zero, Mind, Shine, free, really <-- newly added
Victor
Profile Joined November 2005
New Zealand1016 Posts
July 11 2008 07:49 GMT
#39
Excellent read <3 Plexa and TL. I can't imagine life without sites like TL :D

GOGO Best. I want Boxer to get a golden mouse before July so this finals is not for you July
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
July 11 2008 07:59 GMT
#40
Epic write-up for an epic match-up. I'm so freaking excited.
Super serious.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 180
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1271
Bisu 885
Soma 344
hero 176
EffOrt 111
HiyA 90
Pusan 65
Killer 36
ZerO 35
Mong 27
[ Show more ]
sorry 25
Bale 24
Rush 20
Sharp 20
Shinee 15
Noble 12
Terrorterran 10
JulyZerg 9
League of Legends
JimRising 424
Counter-Strike
edward48
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft796
crisheroes526
Other Games
gofns45858
olofmeister1144
singsing1094
ceh9612
Livibee212
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS47
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream577
Other Games
gamesdonequick531
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH334
• StrangeGG 32
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2386
League of Legends
• Rush1534
• Jankos1494
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
37m
Afreeca Starleague
37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.