• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9683 users

[Code A] Ro24 Day One Preview (S4) - Page 2

Forum Index > News
42 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
October 16 2012 01:40 GMT
#21
I agree, should ahppen. I'm just happy to get some GSL after so long
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
Mackus
Profile Joined January 2011
England1681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-16 01:45:02
October 16 2012 01:43 GMT
#22
I don't get the hype about Squirtle in PvT - Liquipedia only shows a 55% win-rate in 2012 although the GSL matches don't seem to be recorded. I look at his GSL history this year and his Terran opponents haven't been spectacular at all, only 1 being Taeja and I remember him at WCS Asia against XY a Chinese Terran again he was pretty unimpressive maybe complacency settling in being a massive favourite, I could agree with a 2-1 win but calling him a massive favourite is overkill I think.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 16 2012 02:01 GMT
#23
I hope HyuN doesn't get the yips. I want to see that confidence he displays in the IPL Fight Club come through in these matches, he has so much potential.
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
October 16 2012 02:21 GMT
#24
Just four matches today huh? GO Bbyong!!! CJ ENTUS FIGHTING!!!

On the other hand, I hope Hyun and Creator win. Not sure about Creator though, Alive is a beast.
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-16 02:40:43
October 16 2012 02:34 GMT
#25
On October 16 2012 10:43 Mackus wrote:
I don't get the hype about Squirtle in PvT - Liquipedia only shows a 55% win-rate in 2012 although the GSL matches don't seem to be recorded. I look at his GSL history this year and his Terran opponents haven't been spectacular at all, only 1 being Taeja and I remember him at WCS Asia against XY a Chinese Terran again he was pretty unimpressive maybe complacency settling in being a massive favourite, I could agree with a 2-1 win but calling him a massive favourite is overkill I think.


In Korea he is 61.5% in 2012 and he also just dominated Heart 4-0. While Heart isn't amazing I think most people would put him and Hack on a similar level. I definitely think Squirtle is the biggest favorite tonight.
DavoS
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States4605 Posts
October 16 2012 02:50 GMT
#26
I pretty much agree with all of these, except for Heart losing to Bbyong. His results have been too consistently good, and the fact that he's unpredictable makes this sort of tournament (where it's all about preparation) perfect for him.
"KDA is actually the most useless stat in the game" Aui_2000
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 16 2012 03:04 GMT
#27
On October 16 2012 11:21 silent_owl wrote:
Just four matches today huh? GO Bbyong!!! CJ ENTUS FIGHTING!!!

On the other hand, I hope Hyun and Creator win. Not sure about Creator though, Alive is a beast.


Yes, this is Ro24 so 12 matches spread over 3 days.
Gatesleeper
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada300 Posts
October 16 2012 03:07 GMT
#28
I think the real story of this article is now how disappointing it was to find out that Byun, Bbyong and B4 aren't actually brothers.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
October 16 2012 03:20 GMT
#29
On October 16 2012 12:07 Gatesleeper wrote:
I think the real story of this article is now how disappointing it was to find out that Byun, Bbyong and B4 aren't actually brothers.

could not agree more especially since i got trolled
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
October 16 2012 03:41 GMT
#30
Hyun has to win
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 16 2012 03:42 GMT
#31
On October 16 2012 12:41 GoSuChicken wrote:
Hyun has to win


Heh, I am not sure. Maybe he wants to focus on IPL FC considering how much money he is making there...
LowEloPlayer
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States205 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-16 04:41:05
October 16 2012 04:38 GMT
#32
hope creator vanishes from the scene :/ honestly there's just something fundamentally wrong about the way he plays a strategy game. I'm not saying by any means that he has no skill, it obviously does take skill to do that or else everybody would be winning majour tournaments, but really a strategy game being played by sitting back and massing up just seems silly. I think HOTS will play a factor in this with the anti-deathball provisions Blizzard is adding.

Enough about that, Iagree but I think Bbyong will 2-0 heart.

Also about their names, BBoongBBoong, Bbyong and Byun can make a Ed, Edd, & Eddy type show I think. Maybe it could feature MorroW and Maru (GSL knows http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls1/vod/66850 )
hmm... let's think about it
Zerg.Zilla
Profile Joined February 2012
Hungary5029 Posts
October 16 2012 04:50 GMT
#33
On October 16 2012 12:41 GoSuChicken wrote:
Hyun has to win

Hyun got this ...
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) ~Keep calm and inject Larva~
acrimoneyius
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States983 Posts
October 16 2012 04:55 GMT
#34
On October 16 2012 07:37 Pokebunny wrote:
Bbyong, BBoongBBoong, and Byun are brothers?!?!

Three players with korean IDs that are all bizarre and start with B...


I prefer to think of Byun, Hyun, and Sun as triplets representing their respective race in some mix of Dr. Seuss and Starcraft.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 16 2012 04:56 GMT
#35
On October 16 2012 13:38 LowEloPlayer wrote:
hope creator vanishes from the scene :/ honestly there's just something fundamentally wrong about the way he plays a strategy game. I'm not saying by any means that he has no skill, it obviously does take skill to do that or else everybody would be winning majour tournaments, but really a strategy game being played by sitting back and massing up just seems silly. I think HOTS will play a factor in this with the anti-deathball provisions Blizzard is adding.

Enough about that, Iagree but I think Bbyong will 2-0 heart.

Also about their names, BBoongBBoong, Bbyong and Byun can make a Ed, Edd, & Eddy type show I think. Maybe it could feature MorroW and Maru (GSL knows http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls1/vod/66850 )

lol, what you seem to describe is lategame zvp and pvp more than anything.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 16 2012 06:28 GMT
#36
On October 16 2012 13:55 acrimoneyius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2012 07:37 Pokebunny wrote:
Bbyong, BBoongBBoong, and Byun are brothers?!?!

Three players with korean IDs that are all bizarre and start with B...


I prefer to think of Byun, Hyun, and Sun as triplets representing their respective race in some mix of Dr. Seuss and Starcraft.


by.hero herojoin and liquidhero the heroes of the world
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 16 2012 06:32 GMT
#37
On October 16 2012 10:43 Mackus wrote:
I don't get the hype about Squirtle in PvT - Liquipedia only shows a 55% win-rate in 2012 although the GSL matches don't seem to be recorded. I look at his GSL history this year and his Terran opponents haven't been spectacular at all, only 1 being Taeja and I remember him at WCS Asia against XY a Chinese Terran again he was pretty unimpressive maybe complacency settling in being a massive favourite, I could agree with a 2-1 win but calling him a massive favourite is overkill I think.


well, i never ever use ELO as a true measurement of skill, but squirtle currently has highest PvT, as well as vT in general for ELO, its probably incredibly boosted by 4-0ing a terrible player in Heart, but it means his pvt is defenitly code S at least. also hack's tvp is meh so i see it easily being a 2-0 to squirtle.

as for creator, his chances against alive are gonna be slightly higher than alive's against creator, but im worried alive will pull the upset, he has amazing tvp after all.

also predicting hyun 2-0 and heart to win somehow with cheese.
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 16 2012 07:25 GMT
#38
On October 16 2012 08:48 Porcelina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2012 08:44 Pokebunny wrote:
On October 16 2012 07:57 Waxangel wrote:
On October 16 2012 07:37 Pokebunny wrote:
Bbyong, BBoongBBoong, and Byun are brothers?!?!

Three players with korean IDs that are all bizarre and start with B...


it's a joke

I don't get it...


I tend to call BBoongBBoong B4, then started to call Bbyong B2 and Byun fits in as B1. Eldest brother, middle brother, small brother.

I though it was because if you combine BBoong and Byun you get Bbyong.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 16 2012 08:05 GMT
#39
I'd say :
Vampire 0 - 2 HyuN
Squirtle 2 - 0 Hack
Heart 2 - 1 Bbyong
Creator 2 - 1 aLive

I realized quite late but this should be an awesome day of Code A ! O_O
LiquipediaWanderer
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
October 16 2012 08:53 GMT
#40
So terrible the Startale team kill. I wish both Hack and Squirtle could advance but when it comes down it I want Squirtle to win a GSL.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
JuggernautJason67
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 190
Dewaltoss 106
Hyuk 69
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift2475
Counter-Strike
Fnx 781
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5423
Khaldor894
Liquid`Hasu701
Other Games
summit1g7589
FrodaN2536
shahzam427
KnowMe378
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC115
ArmadaUGS113
Trikslyr50
ZombieGrub40
PPMD35
CosmosSc2 25
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH370
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21217
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
OSC
35m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 35m
Online Event
13h 35m
FEL
18h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.