• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:21
CEST 12:21
KST 19:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8053 users

So1 Finals: Slayers_`Boxer` vs Anytime[gm] - Page 3

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
November 09 2005 12:13 GMT
#41
Holy shit Mani.... Holy shit. ^_^
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
scrapperdog
Profile Joined August 2003
United States779 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-10 16:02:20
November 09 2005 15:18 GMT
#42
post edited by scrapperdog for being to harsh .. Good try, did not suit my taste.
Yes I am one of the Billions that hovz speaks about
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
November 09 2005 16:47 GMT
#43
sorry, cos its obviosu you put alot of time and effort into this but i absolutely hated the "story" report, i read the first report and just looked down at the result... seriously how could anyone enjoy this youd be far better off just doing it normal style.... the osl final is not the time to experiment
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
Andas_007
Profile Joined October 2003
Romania1 Post
November 09 2005 17:01 GMT
#44
My god ! Best Battle Report I ever read in 7 years..... GRATZ !!!
NoName
Profile Joined October 2002
United States1558 Posts
November 09 2005 19:30 GMT
#45
On November 10 2005 00:18 scrapperdog wrote:
Well you asked ... I hated the report. Having to wade through all that crap in order to follow the game action sucked.


you can read the live game thread for that
Wam-bam-ba-boom! Bada-bing!
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
November 09 2005 20:06 GMT
#46
On November 10 2005 01:47 x2fst wrote:
sorry, cos its obviosu you put alot of time and effort into this but i absolutely hated the "story" report, i read the first report and just looked down at the result... seriously how could anyone enjoy this youd be far better off just doing it normal style.... the osl final is not the time to experiment


Yeah, I thought a lot about that before putting paper to pen, the fact that this was the finals. However, in reality, this OSL finals was a real let down. The score may have been 3:2, but Boxer won two games because of A) an unscouted vulture mine trap, and B) Anytime's expanding arrogance in the face of a turtling terran. The other three games were pretty much rape by Anytime.

So, how does one make a lousy OSL finals interesting? Maybe this isn't the answer, but a traditional battle report on lousy games makes for a lousy report. I still put all the relevent information about the games in the story. Hell, that's what drove the plot. But, it is just in a different format than normal. This wont become the norm, beleive me. I have to sleep. But, a change of pace never killed anyone.
ModeratorGodfather
Hwoarang
Profile Joined August 2004
Korea (South)235 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-09 20:18:53
November 09 2005 20:18 GMT
#47
That was such a good read, even better than watching the VODs themselves

Mani has got to be one of the greatest writers of all time ever... EVER !
To do is to be -(Aristotle) To be is to do -(Edison) Do be do be do -(Sinatra)
MaTRiX[SiN]
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden1282 Posts
November 09 2005 20:50 GMT
#48
I loved this report, possibly the best I ever read.
aka StormtoSS
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
November 09 2005 22:04 GMT
#49
On November 10 2005 05:06 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2005 01:47 x2fst wrote:
sorry, cos its obviosu you put alot of time and effort into this but i absolutely hated the "story" report, i read the first report and just looked down at the result... seriously how could anyone enjoy this youd be far better off just doing it normal style.... the osl final is not the time to experiment


Yeah, I thought a lot about that before putting paper to pen, the fact that this was the finals. However, in reality, this OSL finals was a real let down. The score may have been 3:2, but Boxer won two games because of A) an unscouted vulture mine trap, and B) Anytime's expanding arrogance in the face of a turtling terran. The other three games were pretty much rape by Anytime.

So, how does one make a lousy OSL finals interesting? Maybe this isn't the answer, but a traditional battle report on lousy games makes for a lousy report. I still put all the relevent information about the games in the story. Hell, that's what drove the plot. But, it is just in a different format than normal. This wont become the norm, beleive me. I have to sleep. But, a change of pace never killed anyone.


Ok fair enough, but what I look for in the battlereports (that i consider the 'trademark' of this site) is not only a report but strategical analysis, I think the format you used was lacking in that area. I think if you comprimised the 'story' aspect of the report in favour of more focuss on the build etc then it would be a more interesting report, I mean I read these reports because im interested in the game of starcraft, not because im looking for entertainment, you know what I mean?
I think you could make the report more interesting by concentrating on the specific reactions of the players in the game (eg "oh the seat was running down boxers face...." or whatever) than making up a largely fictional story that is only loosely focussed on the stratigical aspect of the game.

Just my humble opinion;)
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
Ekii
Profile Joined September 2005
Poland346 Posts
November 09 2005 23:57 GMT
#50
wowowow
Absentem, qui rodit amicum, qui non defendit alio culpante, solutos qui capiat risus hóminum famamque dicacis, fingere qui non visa potest, comatissa tacere qui nequit, hic niger est, hunc tu, romane caveto!
Szelkye
Profile Joined December 2003
United States18 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-10 01:49:14
November 10 2005 01:48 GMT
#51
When starting to read the report, it was hard to follow but then I got used to the style and it got a little easier. In the end, watching the vods disappointed me since the report made the games sound hell of interesting and in reality it the games seemed very one sided. (not so when reading).
Why did God name his only son after a swear word?
MaGnIfIcA
Profile Joined October 2002
Norway2312 Posts
November 10 2005 02:27 GMT
#52
Woah, great work on the report mani!
Wannabe sMB member yo, so spankable-.-v;;
Sunce
Profile Joined October 2005
Poland111 Posts
November 10 2005 04:10 GMT
#53
awesome report indeed! I almost felt the protoss magic
dedicated
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
November 10 2005 04:37 GMT
#54
Marry me <3

JK, awesome report.
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
westvolk
Profile Joined November 2005
United States29 Posts
November 10 2005 10:35 GMT
#55
Wow, my first post. I have been reading TL on and off for a year, but never felt compelled enough to join in the discussion... This changed however with this report. The "reporting" style caught me off guard. I hesitate to say that I loved or hated it, simply because I don't like the idea of shoe-boxing things. To those who really hated it, I got this bit of experience to share: When I first started reading the report (at work) and noticed how it was more of a sci-fi short story, I held myself back from reading any further (hard as it was since I did really look forward to finding out if boxer had won); instead I popped open my notebook at home on the couch with a beer at night and utterly enjoyed it- enjoyed it for what it was. I share the feeling of some here that it was not a "play-by-play report" and I would enjoy a strategical analysis still. But who says that this cannot be accomplished in a new thread, once people had a chance to look at the VODs. Finally, kudos to manifesto for doing any type of report (the man does this for free and on his own time, just so that we may enjoy the thrill of it as well), and especially kudos for doing it in great style. Just one man's opinion of course. Cheers!
XaI)CyRiC
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4471 Posts
November 10 2005 15:26 GMT
#56
Great report, regardless of subjective preference. Even if you don't like this style of report, you have to acknowledge that it was done very well. I thoroughly enjoyed the report, I thought Mani was very clever in the way he managed to let you know what was going on despite the narrative perpective. I would love to have one of these reports for each major series (it'd take too much time to do it for all matches), it really brings the matches to life.

That said, I can understand why some people don't like this type of report. It does lack strategic discussion, and it can be hard to know what's going on if you're not used to that perspective. This type of report should by no means replace the standard play-by-play with strategic commentary ones, but it'd be great to have one of these as a supplement. The best thing would be to have one of each type of report for a given match, but that's not very realistic. I'd prefer if Mani did one of these whenever it's possible for him, as it's easy for any number of people to make a standard report. This type of report, though, I feel is unique to Mani, at least at this level of quality.

Lastly, I don't understand anyone who "hated" this report, as that's just a lack of respect and appreciation of what went into putting it together. Maybe I interpret "hate" more strongly than others, but it's quite harsh to use that term in reference to anything that was obviously so carefully and wonderfully crafted. You can "dislike", "not prefer", or criticize it, but hate? I think it's unnecessarily harsh, and don't think this report deserved anything close to that level of disdain.
Moderator
scrapperdog
Profile Joined August 2003
United States779 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-11-10 16:00:41
November 10 2005 15:49 GMT
#57

Lastly, I don't understand anyone who "hated" this report, as that's just a lack of respect and appreciation of what went into putting it together. Maybe I interpret "hate" more strongly than others, but it's quite harsh to use that term in reference to anything that was obviously so carefully and wonderfully crafted. You can "dislike", "not prefer", or criticize it, but hate? I think it's unnecessarily harsh, and don't think this report deserved anything close to that level of disdain.

I hated the report. That does not mean I hate the person that wrote it, does not mean I dont have respect for the effort and time he put into it, and does not mean it is not ok for other people to love it. It means I hated it. I also hate the Monet painting at our local musuem. That does not mean I hate Monet as a person, it does not mean I dont have respect for his status as a painter, and it does not mean I want to go on a crusade to stop other people from liking giant impressionistic waterlillies.
I would like to say I thought it was a good try, and obviously he worked hard on this. If I was a teacher he would get an "A" even if it did not suit my taste. If this was just a normal battle report and not an osl final it would have worked a lot better for me. It is kind of like turning on the super bowl only to find out they are going to experiment by having Sigfried and Roy doing the commentary. Even if they did a great job I probably would not like it.
Yes I am one of the Billions that hovz speaks about
DuSkie
Profile Joined November 2004
Czech Republic451 Posts
November 10 2005 16:50 GMT
#58
oh yea Anytime rox
STD
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden350 Posts
November 10 2005 20:31 GMT
#59
NO! BOXER
*cries*
Chibi[OWNS]
Profile Joined May 2003
United Kingdom10597 Posts
November 10 2005 22:21 GMT
#60
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9879
StarCastTV_EN223
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings43
CranKy Ducklings SOOP0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5825
Jaedong 2428
EffOrt 1718
actioN 880
BeSt 661
Soma 444
Killer 438
Horang2 438
Pusan 296
ZerO 265
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Zeus 144
Rush 90
soO 76
HiyA 67
JYJ 56
Mong 32
Shinee 31
ToSsGirL 31
Barracks 28
Bale 28
NaDa 23
Sexy 22
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Terrorterran 20
JulyZerg 12
Noble 9
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc3382
XaKoH 341
Counter-Strike
edward70
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes978
WinterStarcraft828
Other Games
gofns48898
singsing1322
olofmeister1161
ceh9543
byalli369
Livibee195
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream374
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 153
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1920
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 39m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.