• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6891 users

[GSL] Season One Finals - Recap - Page 12

Forum Index > News
289 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
LordImmortala
Profile Joined October 2011
Korea (South)41 Posts
March 04 2012 01:17 GMT
#221
I really wanted a protoss win. But i guess DRG is pretty awesome..
Think differently. Try unique compositions.
zeroISM
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan161 Posts
March 04 2012 01:25 GMT
#222
One of the best finals ever, along with DRG vs MMA.
Both of them deserved to win, and somewhat this is what happened.
Congrats DRG, you deserve your own spot in the Gom's Wall of Fame.

(btw, the new trophy... I didn't like it very much :s)
♘
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
March 04 2012 01:25 GMT
#223
There are reasons why I think it's sad that this is my first teamliquid post. First of all it's beacause my main reason of posting is because I got spoiled about results of the GSL finals, which I am still about to see and enjoy with my friends when I wake up hungover tomorrow. Second of all it's because I, apparently, have an IQ below 80 since I didn't see the box where I could check for "no spoilers". Now I have done so and I'll probably be able to do my Liquidbets, check my Jinro (or MC, HerO, Ret or any other) stream and never post again since the site will continue to be absolutely marevelous for me, as it always has been. The only thing that I have to say as a complaint against this site spoiling the finals of a tournament that I've followed since the first game (which is no small feat mind you since I both work and do full time studies) is that you could've made the "no spoiler" checkbox as an option to un-check instead to check. This would make it so that everyone that wants to know and discuss the recent happenings of the GSL (or any other starcraft tournament) could do so by choice. And not make it so that I, and many with me, would be spoiled about the finals of one of the best (imo the best) GSL seasons as of yet. Yes I know that this makes me look like I'm stupid, and a whiner, for posting about this but please teamliquid change it to be the other way around, I don't have the heart to read posts like mine again.

Other then that, thank you for the awesome write up. Which I am going to read tomorrow after I've watched DRG winning against Genius with 4-2.
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
March 04 2012 01:55 GMT
#224
Seeing carriers didn't really excite me, it just kinnda made me sad that genius would probably lose

I think that Genius looked pretty nervous, you could see when he walked in and when DRG walked in.

On March 04 2012 10:25 Latringuden wrote:
you could've made the "no spoiler" checkbox as an option to un-check instead to check.

I agree with this
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
onedayclose
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1145 Posts
March 04 2012 02:07 GMT
#225
you took a picture of the stream and posted it on TL. really? really? Where is the TL GSL photographers/writers??!?!?!?!?!?
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
March 04 2012 02:17 GMT
#226
I loved the interviews and all the jabbing Genius and DRG do to each other. Stomping into each other's booths after a win wtih taunts. It's obvious they are great friends. It was very hilarious and cute.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
FidoDido
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1292 Posts
March 04 2012 02:19 GMT
#227
GOMTV apologized for the down time on the live stream: http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls1/news/67076

great finals, DRG deserved it (btw i think MKP is still kong hahaha)
LGIMSeed FantasyToss~~ Hipster Seed fan before he made Code A
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
March 04 2012 02:22 GMT
#228
On March 04 2012 05:09 NoobKing55 wrote:
If I were Genius I would be so mad at DRG for coming into the booth and showing off. I thought Koreans frowned on that kind of thing. It was extremely tasteless.

Look at his face during it, he is not taking it harshly.
[image loading]
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
FrodoAndTheSlobStix
Profile Joined September 2011
United States158 Posts
March 04 2012 02:46 GMT
#229
Can't believe drg won!! If genius just turtles and collosus push he would have won every game, Im not crying imba, but this games mechanics have been messed up since day one. Protoss and terran are just simply better races then zerg protoss turtle to death ball is unstoppable. You could tell genius was hurt when drg enterd, even i hurt a little

User was temp banned for this post.
You eat meat? Then your evil. Simple as that.
Khai
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia553 Posts
March 04 2012 02:47 GMT
#230
Really enjoyable finals series to watch but still I feel somewhat disappointed with Genius's performances. I feel like he threw at least 3 games in the series due to major blunders =S

Anyway, congratulations to DRG a truly deserving champion! Better luck to Genius next time, I hope this isn't the last I've seen of him in a major final.
Ziken
Profile Joined August 2010
Ghana1743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 03:00:39
March 04 2012 03:00 GMT
#231
Nice writeup, although the finals were underwhelming. Also is it just me or does dongraegue kissing the trophy look gay?
Every misfortune is a blessing in disguise.
The_Unseen
Profile Joined March 2011
France1923 Posts
March 04 2012 03:54 GMT
#232
Could like the entire world stop calling everything gay? It sounds so stupid
I got five reasons for you to shut up
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
March 04 2012 03:54 GMT
#233
Finally awesome non-terran finals, I dug the fuck outta those games! LOVING the new format of Code S, can't wait for season 2!
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
CinnaBuns
Profile Joined August 2011
United States34 Posts
March 04 2012 04:09 GMT
#234
First off, I just want to say that the new spoiler policy is excellent and a step in the right direction.

However, I can understand why a lot of people are upset. I think the only mistake TL made was not making the policy change more visible. Not everyone checks the site everyday, and the policy change article got wiped pretty quickly from the front page during that weekend's deluge of news items for MLG and Assembly.

But what's done is done. I hope everybody would've figured out by now after MLG, Assembly, and GSL what TL's new policy is. Keep up the good work!
how
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States538 Posts
March 04 2012 04:28 GMT
#235
So awesome, I wish my internet hadn't crapped out during the games, but I am so happy that DRG won. Sucks for Genius though. He is an amazing player I am sure he will win one this year.
http://twitter.com/howsc
iokke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1179 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 04:55:14
March 04 2012 04:52 GMT
#236
On March 04 2012 11:46 FrodoAndTheSlobStix wrote:
Can't believe drg won!! If genius just turtles and collosus push he would have won every game, Im not crying imba, but this games mechanics have been messed up since day one. Protoss and terran are just simply better races then zerg protoss turtle to death ball is unstoppable. You could tell genius was hurt when drg enterd, even i hurt a little


lol? "This is not a balance whine but P and T are simply better races than Z, the current GSL champion, since day 1". Riiiiight, your entire post is a silly balance whine

Didnt know the results till i came on TL, and I have gsl subscription, but it was still cool to see a big announcement. Like the new format
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down. rerereredit.. I never get it right the 1st time
Shyndashu
Profile Joined September 2011
United States136 Posts
March 04 2012 06:33 GMT
#237
The production was great. Artosis was on point with analytical commentating. Tasteless was funny as always. The matches were epic and fun to watch. And DRG has won a GSL which I thought was gonna happen this year anyways. Can't wait for the next one and I'm definately going to buy a season pass. The countless days getting up at 4 A.M. to watch the GSL/GSTL this past month have been awesome!
3rdEYEsix
Profile Joined February 2012
United States28 Posts
March 04 2012 06:49 GMT
#238
On March 04 2012 05:09 NoobKing55 wrote:
If I were Genius I would be so mad at DRG for coming into the booth and showing off. I thought Koreans frowned on that kind of thing. It was extremely tasteless.


By saying Tasteless do you mean Passionless??? Because its easy to see that DRG still has his passion. Hes flying world wide destroying NERDS! DRG iSalute you!!!

SwiftRage <0 drg...drG...dRG....DRG!!!!!
|| Team Emanations || NA/EU Channel: MN8 || twitch.tv/thirdEYEsix || "Manifesting Ideas Daily" -thirdEYEsix
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
March 04 2012 07:14 GMT
#239
On March 04 2012 10:25 Latringuden wrote:
There are reasons why I think it's sad that this is my first teamliquid post. First of all it's beacause my main reason of posting is because I got spoiled about results of the GSL finals, which I am still about to see and enjoy with my friends when I wake up hungover tomorrow. Second of all it's because I, apparently, have an IQ below 80 since I didn't see the box where I could check for "no spoilers". Now I have done so and I'll probably be able to do my Liquidbets, check my Jinro (or MC, HerO, Ret or any other) stream and never post again since the site will continue to be absolutely marevelous for me, as it always has been. The only thing that I have to say as a complaint against this site spoiling the finals of a tournament that I've followed since the first game (which is no small feat mind you since I both work and do full time studies) is that you could've made the "no spoiler" checkbox as an option to un-check instead to check. This would make it so that everyone that wants to know and discuss the recent happenings of the GSL (or any other starcraft tournament) could do so by choice. And not make it so that I, and many with me, would be spoiled about the finals of one of the best (imo the best) GSL seasons as of yet. Yes I know that this makes me look like I'm stupid, and a whiner, for posting about this but please teamliquid change it to be the other way around, I don't have the heart to read posts like mine again.

Other then that, thank you for the awesome write up. Which I am going to read tomorrow after I've watched DRG winning against Genius with 4-2.


I know its a pain, but to be fair, you came to a Starcraft 2 news/discussion/fan site the day after the biggest tournament on the planet and expected to not see the news somewhere? Just hold off, watch it on GOMTV, then come here afterward.

I do the same for mixed martial arts news. If I cant watch the event live, I avoid MMA websites like the plague or I'm prepared for a big splash picture spoiler.

The spoiler tick box is a bit backwards though I agree
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 04 2012 07:16 GMT
#240
How is Team Liquid the author?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 120
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69229
Calm 11446
Rain 2455
Bisu 1766
FanTaSy 810
Stork 606
Shuttle 563
soO 500
Rush 298
firebathero 236
[ Show more ]
Soma 235
Snow 213
Last 169
Light 107
Mind 95
Pusan 70
Sea.KH 65
Sharp 63
hero 49
ToSsGirL 41
Free 36
Bale 36
Trap 35
Mong 28
Hm[arnc] 26
Aegong 23
zelot 19
Sexy 16
Noble 14
yabsab 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
HiyA 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2028
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
gofns34346
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax286
Trikslyr43
Chillindude17
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 9m
OSC
10h 9m
Replay Cast
10h 9m
OSC
23h 9m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.