• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9351 users

2011 in Review - TL Awards - Page 30

Forum Index > News
615 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 Next All
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
January 03 2012 06:28 GMT
#581
Good write up! I wish that there was some competition for player of the year in South Korea, since I've never been much of an IMMvp fan, but I do have to admit, this was his year. Hopefully someone else, anyone else will take the throne in 2012.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
UnknownReclaimer
Profile Joined March 2011
United States146 Posts
January 03 2012 06:44 GMT
#582
Great writeup, was a pleasure to read. I do wish there was something more they community could do for Day9 though, other than this. That man is quite possibly the hardest working man in eSports, and definitely the most passionate.
"And when he pops out.. WE SHIT ON HIM! HAHAHAHA!" - Geoff Robinson
rcee
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden23 Posts
January 03 2012 08:04 GMT
#583
Agree 100% with Idra being the most entertaining man in esports. I wish he'd stream more often, he's just awesome to watch
MasterTom
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands12 Posts
January 03 2012 08:42 GMT
#584
Great article... thanks TL!

TeamLiquid gets the most-awesome-sc2-community-site award from me
human_ko
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation676 Posts
January 03 2012 09:48 GMT
#585
is there a way to get idra's music? I really want to get some of those dubstep songs!!
that video of his is hilarious
WOrd, yo.
SgtPepper
Profile Joined November 2010
United States568 Posts
January 03 2012 09:53 GMT
#586
Great awards TL

My favorite moment of the year was easily watching Thorzain come back and win TSL3. The only moment I can think of where I cried out loud and jumped out of my seat.
"After I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I'm going to reconquer my tea shop! And I'm going to play Pai Sho every day."
Matkap
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain627 Posts
January 03 2012 09:55 GMT
#587
I just wanted to point out that a Antiga Shipyard, a map made by BLIZZARD, is nominated for best map of the year.
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
slimbo1
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany228 Posts
January 03 2012 10:36 GMT
#588
Where is White-Ra's award?
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 11:10:19
January 03 2012 11:10 GMT
#589
On January 02 2012 16:34 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 16:33 MorroW wrote:
On January 02 2012 16:29 IdrA wrote:
On January 02 2012 13:43 DueSs wrote:
On January 02 2012 11:04 IdrA wrote:
its team of the year, not most accomplished team of the year. mouz is a successful team with a lot of good players, but they dont really do anything otherwise. tl and eg are both out there interacting with the community and creating content and interest both for fans and to bring in new people to esports, mouz isnt, or they arent successful at it. tl and eg do a million times more for esports than mouz does. theres not a very clear winner in terms of whos won the most, but mouz clearly loses on the other stuff. (and eg wins but tl bias obv)

I don't think people have their panties in a wad because Mouz didn't win. I think they do because Mouz wasn't mentioned.

You said, "mouz is a successful team with a lot of good players"--isn't that AT LEAST good enough to be......... . ... .. .. mentioned?

not really. winning, even a team league, is still largely individual. you practice with your team and receive some support from them, but honestly that comes into play more in individual leagues more than team leagues. team leagues are all online, you're not there together talking and giving each other advice (unless you're eg cuz we're the best) you're all sitting at home playing your own individual matches and winning or losing on your own. and even the practice, most people are more likely to practice with friends and regular practice partners, whether theyre on their team or not.
its the extraneous stuff that really defines a team, particularly outside of korea.

hey greg ur team sounds pretty sweet, ill join for 4k a month

egs a poor team we cant afford that


You misunderstood mate! Morrow is totally willing to pay 4k a month to get to be on the team! Although we're obviously talking SEK and not dollar, so translated that's something like.. 500 dollars! Now how does that offer sound!?
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
January 03 2012 11:53 GMT
#590
On January 03 2012 08:40 EGalex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2012 00:58 Muruburu wrote:
On January 01 2012 21:58 EGalex wrote:
Folks, please don't bash the EG/TL tie for team of the year .

While I do think that a case could be made for EG edging out TL as the singular team of the year (even by just a hair), and while that may be my (admittedly biased) personal opinion, I don't think an objective argument can really be made for either side coming out noticeably on top. When you consider all aspects of what makes a team great, including player support, fan engagement, community presence, business development, and (of course) tournament results, the gap between EG and TL - if it exists at all - is just too minimal to warrant either team winning the award outright.

Both EG and TL have our respective strengths and weaknesses, but overall, I don't think there are any international teams doing a better job of running their StarCraft divisions than EG and TL. And I want to both thank and applaud Victor, James, Ken, and everyone over at TL for a job very, very well done. I mean this very sincerely. This is not meant to take credit away from any of the other very high-level international teams, of course; it's just that, as far as StarCraft goes, I think EG and TL are at the forefront of international teams.

I'm very happy to share both the rivalry and team of the year awards with TL. Speaking comfortably for Scott, Colin, Cody, and everyone over at EG, we have so much respect for what TL does for its players and the community, and we're very excited to move into 2012 with such an intense and storied rivalry intact.

Watching DreamHack Winter was a very interesting experience for me. On the one hand, I obviously want EG to win every tournament we enter (especially that particular event, which was so well-produced and carried such prestige), and as such, I was *absolutely* heartbroken when HerO defeated PuMa in game seven to take the event. The loss haunted me for the better part of a week, causing many fingertips-to-the-forehead head shakes and long-inhale-short-exhale sighs. Yet, at the same time, I found the logical part of my brain continually saying, "This is good for the sport. Liquid was overdue for a big win."

I think that this anecdote is aptly representative of the dilemma and conflict you constantly face as a team owner. On the one hand, you want the sport to grow and flourish, and you understand that in the big picture of things, in order for that to happen, it's necessary for multiple teams to do well, and for intense rivalries to develop. Yet at the same time, you genuinely want your players and your team to win every, single map they play, and if you're not doing everything it takes to win (within the rules), you're doing yourself, your players, and your fans an unacceptable disservice.

Somehow, these two desires, while in theory rather mutually exclusive, in practice coexist in every team owner's mind on a daily basis. And so, while on the one hand I hope that an EG player wins every single tournament in 2012, on the other hand I know that it's good for the sport if Liquid (and other teams) get their share of victories as well. So, Victor, and everyone at TL, I truly wish all of you good luck going into the new year.

Just, y'know, not too much luck, please .

-Alex
@ottersareneat on Twitter






This post needs more love. Thanks for writing this up Alex!


You're welcome... although, I think you're the only one that read it ;].


Nope. I did.

And I specially like how you put that other teams winning is good too, that is important and not many people would think of that.
MacDo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada69 Posts
January 03 2012 12:03 GMT
#591
On January 02 2012 11:47 Oddslynx wrote:
SlayersDragon should have been given some consideration for most entertaining player. I'm always smiling when I watch him play.


I expected SlayersDragon to win this award =(
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
January 03 2012 14:32 GMT
#592
Great article sir. I had0a great time reading it. I wish we could have had a voting breakdown though, would have been nice to see how close or how far apart candidates are in TL's opinion.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Chernobyl
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil143 Posts
January 03 2012 16:54 GMT
#593
On January 03 2012 21:03 MacDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 11:47 Oddslynx wrote:
SlayersDragon should have been given some consideration for most entertaining player. I'm always smiling when I watch him play.


I expected SlayersDragon to win this award =(



I agree.
I think they neglected the good entreteining players like white-ra, dragon and destiny.
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
January 03 2012 20:55 GMT
#594
Both my penis and I agree, the thread that follows this wonderful article is almost as good. Yes I read every page, no I didn't get mired in the discussion. Why argue on TL about TL bias (as blatant as it clearly is)? Kidding

Advice to HuK: play hard to get n some hair tosses, HerO needs to work for it <3 <3 <3 :D
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Zarathusta
Profile Joined September 2010
United States114 Posts
January 03 2012 21:34 GMT
#595
Fun write up, 30 pages of heated debate so far. Its hard to say who the best team is, because the only half decent foreigner team league has been looted by SlayerS for months now, individuals are changing teams like hairstyles, and there is no "season" per se, so most people only remember who did well in the last event, not through the whole year.

I would have liked to seen a unit of the year award. Who would win? The "broken to pieces" SCV? The "revolutionary" Warp Prism? The "OMG IT WILL MOVE WHILE BURROWED?!?!?!" Baneling? Or would it be a three way tie between the "most complained about units in SCII" Ghost, Colossus, and Infestor?
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
January 03 2012 21:36 GMT
#596
On January 01 2012 22:39 JayJay_90 wrote:
nice writeup!
i gotta agree with this tweet by mousesports though
Show nested quote +
@mousesports wrote:
Sorry @TeamLiquidNet but @EvilGeniuses is MILES ahead of you in your 2011 team comparison. And that beeing said by us. LOL


Why is mousesports even getting involved in this? Pretty pathetic IMO. Don't they have team shit to think about instead of opinion-based end of year awards on a community website?

Apparently not.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Goldbullet
Profile Joined August 2011
United States88 Posts
January 03 2012 23:20 GMT
#597
Loving what IdrA and what Nazgul is saying. People need to put things into perspective to fully grasp what measure were used in assigning the awards. Awesome write-up!! and let the haters hate!
may your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when u move, fall like a thunderbolt.- Sun Tzu
vitruvia
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada235 Posts
January 04 2012 00:17 GMT
#598
wow i havent heard of the 2 of the 4 dramas you mentioned, i'm ashamed to know the other 2 though. lmao
what quote?
GohgamX
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1096 Posts
January 04 2012 00:20 GMT
#599
Enjoyed this article, thanks But y u no make a manor award (for White-ra)?! Thanks again fun read.
Time is a great teacher, unfortunate that it kills all its pupils ...
DanceSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States751 Posts
January 04 2012 01:03 GMT
#600
Very nice write ^^, there were one or two things I missed out on till now
Dance.943 || "I think he's just going to lose. There's only so many ways you can lose. And he's going to make some kind of units. And I'm going to attack him, and then all his stuff is going to die. That's about the best prediction that I can make" - NonY
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 940
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC508
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 508
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50043
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1304
EffOrt 1182
Soma 695
Mini 596
Hyuk 582
BeSt 501
Light 459
Larva 415
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
ZerO 220
910 86
Mong 86
Leta 82
Sea.KH 62
Snow 57
firebathero 56
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 37
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Trap 15
Sacsri 15
Rock 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Shine 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva743
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1071
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1643
hiko1284
Beastyqt576
B2W.Neo398
Livibee195
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX178
XaKoH 144
ArmadaUGS115
djWHEAT79
KnowMe78
Mew2King71
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• poizon28 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2565
Other Games
• Shiphtur90
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 34m
Online Event
20h 34m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.