• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:44
CEST 23:44
KST 06:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5803 users

Who needs 72 hours anyway! [M][T] - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 145 Next
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
July 20 2016 12:49 GMT
#181
On July 20 2016 21:48 Lunaticman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:42 Grackaroni wrote:
The storm has arrived.


It feels like this post has a lot of hidden information care to elaborate?

None at all. It's my attempt to be clever from your previous post.
On July 20 2016 21:02 Lunaticman wrote:
It feels like the calm before the storm...

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
July 20 2016 12:51 GMT
#182
On July 20 2016 21:49 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:48 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 21:42 Grackaroni wrote:
The storm has arrived.


It feels like this post has a lot of hidden information care to elaborate?

It's a joke based on your post and me posting.

To be fair, I saw 100.000.000.000% and figured there had to be something good in there.
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:54 GMT
#183
On July 20 2016 21:44 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:41 Lunaticman wrote:
Well I think rels is blue based on his posts so far. One mafia usually goes active in the beginning but I dont really have any scum vibes yet.

There is probably a 50/50 red or green on both of you so far.

And what do you think about me so far?

I'm pretty confident you're town.


Yeah I was almost certain you would say that, I was thinking of a way to summarise how I play with a picture.

[image loading]

Tbh I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.
Failure is not an option
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 12:55 GMT
#184
heyguysthisisemperorchampiontimetorecordanothermafiagame andthistimeit'samafiagameondamdyhost soo welldoa4pool
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:55 GMT
#185
On July 20 2016 21:49 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:48 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 21:42 Grackaroni wrote:
The storm has arrived.


It feels like this post has a lot of hidden information care to elaborate?

It's a joke based on your post and me posting.


Yes I know it is just that you timed it with Koshi so I though he was the storm.
Failure is not an option
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 12:56 GMT
#186
also, rolled mafai again
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 12:56 GMT
#187
wifom that yo~
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
July 20 2016 12:56 GMT
#188
Just because you're an extremely eager new player. I'm pretty doubtful you would play like this as mafia.
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:57 GMT
#189
On July 20 2016 21:55 emperorchampion wrote:
heyguysthisisemperorchampiontimetorecordanothermafiagame andthistimeit'samafiagameondamdyhost soo welldoa4pool


Please, spaces...

Don't be so SCUMMY... you dont want to be lynched day one...

*chuckles
Failure is not an option
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 12:57 GMT
#190
On July 20 2016 20:52 Skynx wrote:
I would check presidental mafia and newbie mafia for metas if you're really curious and have some free-time. I got some clients coming in so prolly last post till late night.


ooh buisness baller, eh?
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 12:59 GMT
#191
On July 20 2016 19:58 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 19:53 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:49 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.

How did you play as scum ?


I don't think it would be more than subtile differences tbh between me as a townie or mafia, the biggest thing I would say is that as mafia I would probably spend more time analzying the voting tenendcies before speaking. I would also probably try to spend time "mudding the water" raising suspicion on several players at once.

I don't think I want to reveal more than that otherwise I would spoil the fun.

Usually when I am mafia I make a critical misstake sometimes later in the week but they can be missed...

I also have a tenendcy to change play between playthroughs just to not get to predictable.

And you if I may ask? How do you play?

Why would revealing more about yourself would "spoil the fun" ?

I am an active player as either alignment. As town I have the most success finding scum by finding inconsistency in what they say. As scum I try to replicate that to destroy lynchbait.


This man is town for sure!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:00 GMT
#192
On July 20 2016 21:56 Grackaroni wrote:
Just because you're an extremely eager new player. I'm pretty doubtful you would play like this as mafia.


I agree I am eager, because I have been looking forward to this for a couple of days. But I would probably play like this either way tbh.
Failure is not an option
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
July 20 2016 13:00 GMT
#193
On July 20 2016 21:57 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 20:52 Skynx wrote:
I would check presidental mafia and newbie mafia for metas if you're really curious and have some free-time. I got some clients coming in so prolly last post till late night.


ooh buisness baller, eh?

No, I'm doing internship and they barely paid attention to me :/
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 13:02 GMT
#194
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.


8 hour irl mafia game, oh god I would die. Half the people in the room must have hated each other by the end
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:02 GMT
#195
On July 20 2016 21:59 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 19:58 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:53 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:49 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.

How did you play as scum ?


I don't think it would be more than subtile differences tbh between me as a townie or mafia, the biggest thing I would say is that as mafia I would probably spend more time analzying the voting tenendcies before speaking. I would also probably try to spend time "mudding the water" raising suspicion on several players at once.

I don't think I want to reveal more than that otherwise I would spoil the fun.

Usually when I am mafia I make a critical misstake sometimes later in the week but they can be missed...

I also have a tenendcy to change play between playthroughs just to not get to predictable.

And you if I may ask? How do you play?

Why would revealing more about yourself would "spoil the fun" ?

I am an active player as either alignment. As town I have the most success finding scum by finding inconsistency in what they say. As scum I try to replicate that to destroy lynchbait.


This man is town for sure!


haha, wow how did this read happen :D

I thank you for the vote of confidence though!
Failure is not an option
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 13:02 GMT
#196
On July 20 2016 22:00 Skynx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:57 emperorchampion wrote:
On July 20 2016 20:52 Skynx wrote:
I would check presidental mafia and newbie mafia for metas if you're really curious and have some free-time. I got some clients coming in so prolly last post till late night.


ooh buisness baller, eh?

No, I'm doing internship and they barely paid attention to me :/


:'( one day, one day

How are things in Turkey now btw?
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
July 20 2016 13:03 GMT
#197
I think Lunaticman has done everything a mafia does early game.

Ask a simple question about the setup:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 20 2016 20:29 Lunaticman wrote:
Rels since no one else seems to be active right now maybe you could help me explain a bit about the roles.

"Mason and Parity Cop vs Godfather goon and roleblocker

cop and jailkeeper vs Godfather, strongarm and role blocker

Jailkeeper and vigilante vs Godfather, Goon, Strongarm"

I do not recognize the jailkeeper, strong arm and godfather.


Call somebody blue / bluehunted + is self-aware
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 20 2016 21:41 Lunaticman wrote:
Well I think rels is blue based on his posts so far. One mafia usually goes active in the beginning but I dont really have any scum vibes yet.

There is probably a 50/50 red or green on both of you so far.

And what do you think about me so far?


Do "serious" scumhunting on a matter that was put forward as a joke. Bit too hard-try
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 20 2016 20:17 Lunaticman wrote:
I was expecting emperorchampion to be very active in the beginning since I spectated the last game played (the one with hilary and trump). Maybe he changed his playstyle or maybe he simply asleep.

What do you think Rels?



And lastly it maybe seems like he is trusting people too much and tries to buddy them.






That all said I don't scumread you. It's just something I saw . Game is young.
I had a good night of sleep.
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:03 GMT
#198
On July 20 2016 22:00 Skynx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:57 emperorchampion wrote:
On July 20 2016 20:52 Skynx wrote:
I would check presidental mafia and newbie mafia for metas if you're really curious and have some free-time. I got some clients coming in so prolly last post till late night.


ooh buisness baller, eh?

No, I'm doing internship and they barely paid attention to me :/


Yes I'm at work right now too and it is the same for me.
Failure is not an option
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 20 2016 13:03 GMT
#199
On July 20 2016 22:02 Lunaticman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:59 emperorchampion wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:58 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:53 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:49 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.

How did you play as scum ?


I don't think it would be more than subtile differences tbh between me as a townie or mafia, the biggest thing I would say is that as mafia I would probably spend more time analzying the voting tenendcies before speaking. I would also probably try to spend time "mudding the water" raising suspicion on several players at once.

I don't think I want to reveal more than that otherwise I would spoil the fun.

Usually when I am mafia I make a critical misstake sometimes later in the week but they can be missed...

I also have a tenendcy to change play between playthroughs just to not get to predictable.

And you if I may ask? How do you play?

Why would revealing more about yourself would "spoil the fun" ?

I am an active player as either alignment. As town I have the most success finding scum by finding inconsistency in what they say. As scum I try to replicate that to destroy lynchbait.


This man is town for sure!


haha, wow how did this read happen :D

I thank you for the vote of confidence though!


did I mean you or rels?
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:04 GMT
#200
On July 20 2016 22:02 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.


8 hour irl mafia game, oh god I would die. Half the people in the room must have hated each other by the end


Yes it is quite intense and I love the shit out of it. I would play it everyday if I could. The shocks. Someone could probably earn a living by recording mafia games and posting them online.
Failure is not an option
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 171
Nina 115
SpeCial 74
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 148
firebathero 68
910 39
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm2
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0170
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8800
Liquid`Hasu1696
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5755
shahzam513
B2W.Neo217
JimRising 181
Pyrionflax176
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS113
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream319
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 23
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1032
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.