• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:20
CEST 15:20
KST 22:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9060 users

Star Wars: The Mafia Awaken

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 02 2016 14:57 GMT
#8
[image loading]

I am either shadowing, co-hosting or playing this.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 02 2016 18:03 GMT
#27
mhhhh...
tbh since I am very much a learning by losing doing guy, I am not sure if shadowing (or additional coaching for that matter) will help me.

so yolo /in
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 02 2016 18:33 GMT
#30
So... to remind me of the things I want to watch for and maybe get some feedback from you guys before and after the game some of the problems I perceive in my town game (and since my town game is kinda meh I have even more trouble as scum, especially against some of the real good players):
  • Really struggling to see motivations/goals behinds posts. I am either only looking at the content or can easily see motivations for both alignments behind posts, without being able to decide which is more likely.
  • Struggling to get information from interactions between other people. My standard reaction to two ppl having a fight in the thread is to ignore that.
  • Often feeling the need to comment on things not because I get some information of that, but because I fear getting scum read if I do not comment, resulting in super scummy posts where I feel forced to reach a conclusion.
  • Generally not very confident in my reads + fear of being wrong + second guessing myself all the time = waffling like a mofo.
  • Only way I know to getting TR is to put tons of effort into huge, shiny, but useless posts. Which will probably get me killed at some point.
  • Generally not many original thoughts and/or going against the thread sentiment.
  • Getting very defensive when scum read.
  • My style of play is also pretty reactive overall and I am not asking enough/the right questions.

Funnily if I am in Obs mode I only need to barely skim some filters/pages to have a decent idea of who scum is, but in the game I am only able to find scum when they have logical gaps in their filters and/or I can't follow their thoughts at all. Or they are literally doing jack all. So I probably haven't found a decent / or my way of scum hunting yet. Do want to do/try more VCA though. Maybe I just need to trust my gut and play more games. xD

So. TLDR: I am bad and need to:
[image loading]
Any advise?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-03 12:54:24
February 03 2016 12:51 GMT
#51
mh 15/13 maybe HtS will make the game bigger if we get like 17 ppl?
this should have enough roles to play around with the balance a bit.

disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-03 13:07:18
February 03 2016 13:07 GMT
#53
On February 03 2016 22:03 NocturneMage wrote:
If I join as the 17th player, she will make this a 17-player game. The question is whether I should join to troll the shit out of disformation.

edit: Actually why not. I can't troll HTS so I'll troll scumformation instead.

/in

Perfect. My dream will come true.
One of us will roll town vig, the other will roll scum.
We will shoot each other N1.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 13:16 GMT
#55
Oh, we already have 17? Missed one then.
When is the game going to start? Today?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-03 13:42:55
February 03 2016 13:41 GMT
#62
Would be more hyped if I got more sleep this night. Whoever lives in the apartment above mine thought it would be good idea to start using a power drill for two hours straight starting at 9 am, cutting my sleep down to five hours.

Hope that I don't roll scum the third game in a row, especially since I want to/need to work on my town game a bunch.
TBH would love to just roll VT.
Would take Vig, too, just to shoot NM N1.
Hope that I don't roll the traitor, really not digging that parity cop things, especially with possibly miller(s) and/or GF in the game.

But let us see what RNGesus has to say about that.

edit:
/confirm and flowers
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-03 13:56:42
February 03 2016 13:51 GMT
#65
On February 02 2016 23:35 Half the Sky wrote:
Game Mechanics and Setup


1 There are no notifications unless absolutely necessary.

Not sure what this means.
Guess: Saves are not notified, RB's are only notified if the RB'ed player would have performed an action?

edit: to formulate the question in an other way:
when are notifications absolutely necessary?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 13:58 GMT
#68
On February 03 2016 22:56 Half the Sky wrote:
disformation there is no traitor in this game. Which scum role are you referring to?

I thought I made it pretty clear with the bolded for each role what they should be but if something isn't clear...

Also "no notifications" means that the only role that gets notified if roleblocked are investigatives (DT/tracker) that get "no result" if roleblocked. And of course, saves are never notified, veteran doesn't get notified if he incurs kp.

Of course there is a traitor in this game.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 14:21 GMT
#78
On February 03 2016 23:15 NocturneMage wrote:
Well it is his significant other, I would think someone would know well enough to make that judgment.

Besides, there's never any harm in getting anyone to try, all they can say is no.

Show nested quote +
On February 03 2016 22:41 disformation wrote:
Would take Vig, too, just to shoot NM N1.


Not happening if you get policy lynched d1.

Meh. Don't think policy lynches are really a thing.

On February 03 2016 23:18 NocturneMage wrote:
Also on the movie itself, was there anyone here who did NOT like Star Wars? A surprising number of people I knew were disappointed, and that's not counting the people that were whining about Han Solo.

There were some things that were kinda mehish, but overall I'd rate that thing like 8.5/10.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 14:22 GMT
#79
On February 03 2016 23:20 NocturneMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2016 23:35 Half the Sky wrote:
Poe Dameron

[image loading]

He can fly anything and blast anyone away. He may blast one player of his choosing at night.

General Hux

[image loading]

The ruthless commander of the Starkiller base squad, General Hux wields a powerful gun he can use to assassinate any one player of his choosing.


So if these guys get roleblocked when they shoot, they get their bullets back right?

On February 02 2016 23:35 Half the Sky wrote:
Game Mechanics and Setup

7 Vigilante bullets are not refundable if roleblocked or shot into protection.

disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-03 14:52:43
February 03 2016 14:46 GMT
#84
On February 03 2016 23:40 Half the Sky wrote:
IMO, if you were a purist - and I am not - there were apparently many reasons to complain.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/40-unforgivable-plot-holes-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens_b_8850324.html

Overall I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, the Han Solo thing made me cringe, but it is what it is.

Things that bothered me from that list: 4,6,12
Yeah, there was a lot of plot convenience going on, but that didn't bother me too much. The movie was basically all setting up for a new trilogy anyway.
Was extremely glad kylo killed han solo, cause that sets up kylo to become a pretty awesome villain in the future.

edit: was also kinda awkward how hard han solo had to carry those newbs.
edit2: kinda generally dislike the theme of the force running in only "the" family and that basically all force user are related to each other.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 15:02 GMT
#87
How many scummers are there in a 17 player game? 4?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 15:07 GMT
#89
On February 04 2016 00:06 Rels wrote:
That is the usual number for 17, although I'm pretty sure you won't be given a direct answer as it's a semi-open setup.

Fair enough.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 15:11 GMT
#92
Cool. < 25% to roll scum. Really would like to roll town, so I like those odds. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 15:33 GMT
#95
On February 04 2016 00:11 disformation wrote:
Cool. < 25% to roll scum. Really would like to roll town, so I like those odds. xD

Feeling incredible stupid. Been too long since I have worked with probabilities, but I feel this is kinda inaccurate. Will maybe ponder this further.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 16:56 GMT
#111
On February 04 2016 01:25 NocturneMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 00:47 Koshi wrote:
On February 04 2016 00:33 disformation wrote:
On February 04 2016 00:11 disformation wrote:
Cool. < 25% to roll scum. Really would like to roll town, so I like those odds. xD

Feeling incredible stupid. Been too long since I have worked with probabilities, but I feel this is kinda inaccurate. Will maybe ponder this further.

You should have stayed silent.


He probably didn't have enough coffee Koshi.

(If you don't get it, you'd have to reference the PYP obs qt.)

TBH feeling like shit the last two days. Sleep schedule is FUBAR and I can't tell if I an having not enough or way too much coffee so I currently can't brain at all. Like even less than usual. Head feels like it is stuffed with cotton and/or ny brain is going to flow out if my ears in the form of some muddy liquid any moment now.

@koshi : i would prefer for you to just call me an idiot to my face instead of heavily implying it, if you take the time to call me out on something. this way of doing it kinda pisses me off.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 17:36 GMT
#116
On February 04 2016 02:00 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 01:56 disformation wrote:
On February 04 2016 01:25 NocturneMage wrote:
On February 04 2016 00:47 Koshi wrote:
On February 04 2016 00:33 disformation wrote:
On February 04 2016 00:11 disformation wrote:
Cool. < 25% to roll scum. Really would like to roll town, so I like those odds. xD

Feeling incredible stupid. Been too long since I have worked with probabilities, but I feel this is kinda inaccurate. Will maybe ponder this further.

You should have stayed silent.


He probably didn't have enough coffee Koshi.

(If you don't get it, you'd have to reference the PYP obs qt.)

TBH feeling like shit the last two days. Sleep schedule is FUBAR and I can't tell if I an having not enough or way too much coffee so I currently can't brain at all. Like even less than usual. Head feels like it is stuffed with cotton and/or ny brain is going to flow out if my ears in the form of some muddy liquid any moment now.

@koshi : i would prefer for you to just call me an idiot to my face instead of heavily implying it, if you take the time to call me out on something. this way of doing it kinda pisses me off.

lol. wasn't my intention at all.
The only thing I implied was that your previous calculation was correct.

Oh...
Well, good we talked about that. xD
Seems I am about as good at interpreting implications as in maths. xD

On February 04 2016 02:10 Half the Sky wrote:
disformation, I'm being honest, the way you mention about your schedule, far too little sleep and drinking way too much coffee. I'm habitually used to 4-5h at worst/sometimes but I am even trying to improve on this. Really aim to try to get to bed by 2am, the only time I go later than that is if I'm sick or if I'm on holiday.

If I'm working abroad I try to aim for 6, anything above that is dreamland especially in southeast Asia, given my track record there, and the ~8h time difference I have had a very bad time trying to get sleep. (Onegu you could probably shed light on this given your frequent travels to Asia, and your travel route is 10x worse than mine lmao.)

Hopefully your job hunt isn't terribly taxing, but once you find something I can't imagine it being too bad.

Hang in there.

Thing is: to be really really fit I need ridiculous amounts of sleep and days are just too short to do that. Perfect amount of sleep for me seems to be 9 hours. After having slept pretty badly last two nights I can probably straight up sleep 11 hours the next time I get the chance.

On February 04 2016 02:25 boxerfred wrote:
Regarding sleep: when playing Mafia, I have 4-5 hours. Without mafia, I have 6-7 hours.

Had that happen to me as well a few times. Especially in games I was really invested in. Like wake up after 5 hours of sleep and having to check the thread via phone, reading a scum read on me and being fully awake. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 18:51 GMT
#127
Mh. Actually the problem might be dehydration. Drank a lot of water and feeling way better. Will take a short nap after dinner so I can play for a bit when the game starts.
May the RNGesus be with you.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
February 03 2016 19:00 GMT
#131
On February 04 2016 03:53 NocturneMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 03:12 darthfoley wrote:
may the force be with you


....unless you roll dark side.

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Mh. Actually the problem might be dehydration. Drank a lot of water and feeling way better. Will take a short nap after dinner so I can play for a bit when the game starts.
May the RNGesus be with you.


##shoot disformation

Joking, though I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Thanks.

On February 04 2016 03:55 NocturneMage wrote:
oh lord, Moosy is in this game?

LOL disformation, forget me trolling you, looks like you'll have your hands full!

Meh. Let's see how it works out.
Just means it is a target rich environment for my vig shot. :p
1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 853
SteadfastSC228
TaKeTV 221
ComeBackTV 193
LamboSC2145
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 15
IndyStarCraft 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 228
LamboSC2 145
ProTech134
Rex 80
BRAT_OK 22
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37281
Shuttle 2997
Bisu 917
Horang2 908
Jaedong 715
Mini 641
EffOrt 606
Light 489
BeSt 360
Soma 355
[ Show more ]
firebathero 333
Stork 326
Hyuk 324
Snow 169
Rush 165
Zeus 162
Last 155
ggaemo 145
ZerO 143
Pusan 85
Leta 83
hero 70
sorry 60
Killer 56
Mong 48
Sharp 47
Mind 39
Shinee 30
Aegong 29
Shine 28
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 25
soO 24
Sexy 22
Trap 22
Yoon 20
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
NotJumperer 14
HiyA 11
Sacsri 9
zelot 7
JulyZerg 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6365
qojqva1649
Dendi806
420jenkins88
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
Reynor103
Counter-Strike
x6flipin356
markeloff139
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1980
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 156
Other Games
gofns34148
singsing2161
olofmeister1329
B2W.Neo1058
Mlord252
DeMusliM214
Livibee176
Liquid`VortiX133
Hui .127
Mew2King116
ArmadaUGS104
QueenE84
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan10
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1856
League of Legends
• Jankos2258
• Nemesis1133
• TFBlade860
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 40m
Stellar Fest
23h 40m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.