• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9367 users

[M][I] Rayn let's be nice Invite Take 2 - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 Next All
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
January 18 2016 09:40 GMT
#661
yeah for me it was a culmination of things that kinda led to not being invested. i was very into the last game and then the effort i put in felt wasted, i was pissy because the game was ruined because someone just doesn't like playing an alignment, i was wrong about pretty much everything last game, then we get here and got people in shit moods, randoms posting in the thread, and just rampant inactivity and fighting....i mean it was good for my alignment in terms of winning but it was not pleasant in the slightest to be a part of.

only thing on the mod end is there probably should have been a pm sent to notify of the restart and say "plz respond within x time if you do not want to be in the restart" and maybe consider subbing hf there because of exigent circumstances, but overall i don't blame you and there wasn't much you could do about what happened, sometimes the mafia gods just fuck you over.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 18 2016 10:07 GMT
#662
I considered sending everyone PM's, but I figured restarting the game as quick as possible was the best way to reduce the annoyance from the aborted game, plus it could delay the start of the new game when everyone that signed up should have enough time from game start that an additional 24h shouldn't matter.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 18 2016 10:19 GMT
#663
I do like though how rayn liess about me and when I call him out on it I'm being unreasonable. Real cool.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 18 2016 10:49 GMT
#664
On January 18 2016 19:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
I do like though how rayn liess about me and when I call him out on it I'm being unreasonable. Real cool.

someday i'm going to learn how to actually play this game, like, for real
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 18 2016 11:09 GMT
#665
On January 18 2016 19:49 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2016 19:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
I do like though how rayn liess about me and when I call him out on it I'm being unreasonable. Real cool.

someday i'm going to learn how to actually play this game, like, for real

You already know, you just think you don't.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 18 2016 11:18 GMT
#666
Ace jailed scum Cephiro N1 btw. Trfel almost shot him which ironically wouldn't have gone through.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 18 2016 11:55 GMT
#667
what happened here? Why did people quit?

Also hf pls so bad lynch me when afk on a weekend.
Computer says mafia
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 18 2016 12:31 GMT
#668
I didnt really read the thread but im sure there was massive town on town violence and bm so scum deserves the win ;p
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 18 2016 12:32 GMT
#669
On January 18 2016 19:49 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2016 19:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
I do like though how rayn liess about me and when I call him out on it I'm being unreasonable. Real cool.

someday i'm going to learn how to actually play this game, like, for real


I believe in you!
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 18 2016 12:36 GMT
#670
On January 18 2016 21:34 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 08:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Vote Count

Palmar (5) Trfel, VisceraEyes, Holyflare, ritoky, DoYouHas
Trfel (4): AlotSomuch, NocturneMage, geript, raynpelikoneet
Holyflare (2): Palmar, Ace
raynpelikoneet! (1): Holyflare
AlotSomuch (1): Cephiro

Not voted (1): Damdred

Currently, Palmar is being lynched. You have until Sunday, Jan 17 12:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), or to lynch someone. Voting is mandatory and done in this thread.



lol not even close

GIVE THEM THE STATS ritoky cepiro goat and whoever else

AlotSomuch
Profile Joined January 2016
95 Posts
January 18 2016 13:06 GMT
#671
So....yeah...first TL game. I think it went swimmingly! Down a drainpipe!
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2016 13:23 GMT
#672
On January 18 2016 18:24 ritoky wrote:
that was the least enjoyable experience i have had in a while, and i have a baby.


LMAO

Thank God this game was invitational. Can you imagine uncivilised people playing this? It would be a mess!
I'm adorable.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 18 2016 13:30 GMT
#673
to be honest, invitational games tend to be awful.
Computer says mafia
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2016 13:31 GMT
#674
ftr folks

hf never at any point contacted the mods about not wanting to play the game + obviously to us had time to both see that the game was restarting and at least see that he'd received a pm, if not actually read it

we def prob should have sent out confirmation pms and i know that i at least will in the future regardless of how soon this was after the first game and the indisputable fact that every single one of you who was in both games would have still been playing d1 had the first game not been aborted. we should have taken into account the fact that some of you might have had motivation issues because of the first game

nevertheless, there was NO REASON for ANYONE to assume that hf's complaints in thread were legitimate here. he is more than aware to contact the hosts if he has an issue rather than throwing a fit in-thread with the expectation that any mod action would be taken. this is a game of deception. the bleed over from the obs qt should never have happened, and although i'm not sure that people still wouldn't have been (incorrectly) confused there, it certainly didn't help

simply put do not assume before a host posts that anything said in-thread is true. this is mafia. @.@

(also ftr lex still doesn't think we should have sent pms lol after looking this over to make sure my bitchiness is within acceptable levels)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 18 2016 13:41 GMT
#675
Ok warning, rambling rant.

The thing is, people put completely unreasonable expectations into invite games. Invite games tend to be bad because it's usually filled with a bunch of people who mostly just show up because of the prestige of having been invited. I'd much rather play with 8 newbies who still think lying as town is a good idea than a bunch of salty, lazy veterans.

I get it, rayn wanted to have a nice game. He wanted a game where he could play with everyone actually trying. But the problem is, you simply cannot have such a game on demand. It's basically impossible.

A player who signs up for a game does so because he genuinely wants to play. A player who is invited is mostly just dragged into the game.

Yes, the overall quality of the people invited to invite games tends to be relatively high, but half of us have obligations or are afk so the end result usually is worse than when you have a bunch of enthusiastic people who for some reason have still not been added to the invite lists.

I also just don't like the exclusivity, I think the game is way too complicated for anyone to make a call on who should be invited and who shouldn't.

Let's not do too many of these in the future pls.
Computer says mafia
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2016 13:43 GMT
#676
Of course you should, I only agreed to replace into the first game because it was starting and I was asked to /in last second. If it could have been that you got more people for a reroll I would have gone on the replacement list again.

I also didn't have time to see a reroll and contact you since I had my pm already.

Either way I stuck it out and people spammed the thread from obs and while the host message wasn't intended to be directed towards me it wouldn't have necessarily been posted if I was mafia. Rayn sure took my posts and the obs spam and the host message to mean I was town at least. You should be requesting bans for those people.

justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 18 2016 13:55 GMT
#677
On January 18 2016 22:41 Palmar wrote:
Ok warning, rambling rant.

The thing is, people put completely unreasonable expectations into invite games. Invite games tend to be bad because it's usually filled with a bunch of people who mostly just show up because of the prestige of having been invited. I'd much rather play with 8 newbies who still think lying as town is a good idea than a bunch of salty, lazy veterans.

I get it, rayn wanted to have a nice game. He wanted a game where he could play with everyone actually trying. But the problem is, you simply cannot have such a game on demand. It's basically impossible.

A player who signs up for a game does so because he genuinely wants to play. A player who is invited is mostly just dragged into the game.

Yes, the overall quality of the people invited to invite games tends to be relatively high, but half of us have obligations or are afk so the end result usually is worse than when you have a bunch of enthusiastic people who for some reason have still not been added to the invite lists.

I also just don't like the exclusivity, I think the game is way too complicated for anyone to make a call on who should be invited and who shouldn't.

Let's not do too many of these in the future pls.

Apart from this failure - how do you come to this conclusion? I think invite games are a pretty good (if not the only) solution if you are tired of people signing up and not playing the game because you cannot avoid those people otherwise. For example (and I don't think using this one is mean): if coag signs up for a game I immediately think twice about joining it - not because I hate him or anything but because I know he will be dead weight regardless of his alignment. You can't realistically keep him from joining because wisdom of the crowds is not really a thing. So you have to pray he doesn't join the games you want to play in.
Sure there might be problems when people have an ego and aren't invited but you have to keep in mind that the one who organizes the game is in charge of the invites (and rightfully so) so the choice of players will always be subjective. This is not an "official TL game for the best players". This is a round of mafia someone decided to organize to have a game with the people he wants to play with.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2016 14:36 GMT
#678
And let's not forget why the last game was cancelled because someone replacing out would have seemed alignment indicative :/
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 18 2016 14:36 GMT
#679
On January 18 2016 22:43 Holyflare wrote:
Of course you should, I only agreed to replace into the first game because it was starting and I was asked to /in last second. If it could have been that you got more people for a reroll I would have gone on the replacement list again.

I also didn't have time to see a reroll and contact you since I had my pm already.

Either way I stuck it out and people spammed the thread from obs and while the host message wasn't intended to be directed towards me it wouldn't have necessarily been posted if I was mafia. Rayn sure took my posts and the obs spam and the host message to mean I was town at least. You should be requesting bans for those people.


hf will you address your bads pls it's very important 2 me
Computer says mafia
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 18 2016 14:40 GMT
#680
On January 18 2016 22:43 Holyflare wrote:
Of course you should, I only agreed to replace into the first game because it was starting and I was asked to /in last second. If it could have been that you got more people for a reroll I would have gone on the replacement list again.

I also didn't have time to see a reroll and contact you since I had my pm already.

Either way I stuck it out and people spammed the thread from obs and while the host message wasn't intended to be directed towards me it wouldn't have necessarily been posted if I was mafia. Rayn sure took my posts and the obs spam and the host message to mean I was town at least. You should be requesting bans for those people.


This kind of speculation is not modconfirming anyone as town by any means. You're speculating whether I would've posted it if you were mafia or town; I would've in either case. The reason I posted it was to prevent people from outside the game from continuing to post inside the game.

As for requesting bans for them, I feel that's way out of proportion. This game has been such a mess that the only ban I'm requesting is for Rayn due to posting his role PM which isn't close to being a gray area/excusable.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC462
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
JuggernautJason111
Nina 66
ViBE24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18096
Soulkey 215
White-Ra 194
Mini 153
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever145
League of Legends
Doublelift3171
Counter-Strike
fl0m1375
shoxiejesuss422
C9.Mang0182
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4749
Khaldor1882
Liquid`Hasu1301
Trikslyr54
Other Games
summit1g5710
ArmadaUGS2938
shahzam461
B2W.Neo438
Pyrionflax193
ZombieGrub103
Mew2King72
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• musti20045 23
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• HerbMon 9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV447
League of Legends
• TFBlade929
• Noizen100
Other Games
• Scarra1116
• imaqtpie1073
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 34m
OSC
15h 34m
Stellar Fest
15h 34m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.