• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6843 users

Battle of the Drams Mafia - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 01 2015 15:30 GMT
#2584
i want to lynch Trfel.

i don't believe he can believe what he is saying.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 01 2015 15:54 GMT
#2588
On October 02 2015 00:35 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2015 00:30 marvellosity wrote:
On October 02 2015 00:02 Trfel wrote:
On October 01 2015 23:54 marvellosity wrote:
post 1 suggests that my entire play could come from mafia

post 2 Trfel backtracks and says it's referring to a tiny portion at the start?

it really makes no sense at all to me
There was a specific part of your play where you said "I never do this as mafia". I'm saying that there is absolutely no reason why you couldn't, it would be easy to do.

As for the rest of your play, you are capable of a high filter length as mafia. I see no reason why you couldn't produce an extremely high filter length in a really spammy game, if you really wanted to. If you're referring to thread involvement, I don't see you being involved to the point where you can't be mafia.

the fact you're characterising my play by filter length is pretty scummy tbh.
I don't think you want to know what I have to say about your play other than filter length.....

You do realize that you are my top townread, right?

i didn't.

i guess i'm going mad.

oh well.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#2851
i appear to have died.

gg
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-07 09:01:26
October 07 2015 09:00 GMT
#5183
gg wp town

GB: your post about listening to others and what have you especially applies to you. You tunnelled coolTLname to the lynch based on nothing and I told you why Damdred was 100% town and you just kept calling him mafia. It was really dull.

Day 1 The Shining was the classic of example of free hard townreads on a player for nothing.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-07 10:49:25
October 07 2015 10:46 GMT
#5186
no, the Shining townreads were quite different. My Damdred read was "he would 100% never do this as mafia, therefore he is 100% town"

none of the reads on Shining were like that.

edit: my general point was that you are actually quite obstinate yourself :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 12:22 GMT
#5206
I just couldn't believe rsoultin's famous "tone reading" could mean that she wasn't reading me as obvious town. It was confusing.

Also the Shining stuff is kinda indicative of my decreased confidence in my own mafiareads in the last ~6 months (due to laziness/busyness/whatever).

It came to mind I'd have pushed that as a shenanny lynch much harder in times gone by and probably got it, instead of frowning and giving up.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 13:17 GMT
#5237
the bromance is real
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 14:22 GMT
#5254
rsoultin, for future reference, if i have my tunnel on, the way you approached my push was basically the worst way of getting me to retract my (incorrect) scumread.

repeating omgus over and over and trivialising what i said to one piece of information (the read change) wasn't good. Normally when I'm tunnelled on someone I can get off it by their defence, but on this occasion it was only your sustained posting later on d1 that got me to doubt my read and not want to lynch you at the end.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:08 GMT
#5278
rayn, you need to follow in my footsteps, and become a lazy old grandpapa of TL Mafia.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:11 GMT
#5281
On October 08 2015 01:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 01:08 marvellosity wrote:
rayn, you need to follow in my footsteps, and become a lazy old grandpapa of TL Mafia.

I take a step forward and just quit.

that's not a step forward, that's shooting yourself in the foot.

If I can learn to sit back a bit (after a very long time always playing very intense and at a top level) so can you :>
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:21 GMT
#5287
On October 08 2015 01:14 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 01:11 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:08 marvellosity wrote:
rayn, you need to follow in my footsteps, and become a lazy old grandpapa of TL Mafia.

I take a step forward and just quit.

that's not a step forward, that's shooting yourself in the foot.

If I can learn to sit back a bit (after a very long time always playing very intense and at a top level) so can you :>

The thing is while rayn absolutely should do that you absolutely should not :p

The problem is I am very busy, I'm particularly active outside of work at the moment, weekends are usually a write-off, etc etc.

The funny thing is that on many occasions I've avoided the thread as town and thought to myself "god i'm being scummy". When I do decide to post (work is good for that) I'm very involved, but outside of work, in the times I have genuine downtime to just sit down, a lot of the time I don't want to think as much about mafia as I need to.

So... laziness.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:23 GMT
#5290
On October 08 2015 01:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv & JAT, i really did that when i got back. I got lynched for it.
I like winning, i hate losing. People would not listen to me even after i got lynched.
What am i supposed to do?

You had a fantastic run of games this summer or so where you pretty much reigned supreme for quite a while.

There are always rough patches.

Even where I was playing my hardest/best, there were still many games I was furious, or I almost get lynched, or everything goes wrong (see Personality)

shit happens bro
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:24 GMT
#5292
no-one pities you because you play like a tool, dear.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:26 GMT
#5296
On October 08 2015 01:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 01:21 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:14 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:11 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:08 marvellosity wrote:
rayn, you need to follow in my footsteps, and become a lazy old grandpapa of TL Mafia.

I take a step forward and just quit.

that's not a step forward, that's shooting yourself in the foot.

If I can learn to sit back a bit (after a very long time always playing very intense and at a top level) so can you :>

The thing is while rayn absolutely should do that you absolutely should not :p

The problem is I am very busy, I'm particularly active outside of work at the moment, weekends are usually a write-off, etc etc.

that's not a problem. you are never lynched because of it when you are town.
you have the charisma and writing skills to actually convince people to not lynch you even if they think you are mafia.

I'm not talking about in terms of getting lynched. It's clear lynching me as town is nearly impossible.

I mean in terms of game-solving, the thought it requires, the going back and checking/looking at stuff, missing and being unable to direct the flow of the game for long periods, etc etc
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:30 GMT
#5299
On October 08 2015 01:27 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 01:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:21 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:14 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:11 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:08 marvellosity wrote:
rayn, you need to follow in my footsteps, and become a lazy old grandpapa of TL Mafia.

I take a step forward and just quit.

that's not a step forward, that's shooting yourself in the foot.

If I can learn to sit back a bit (after a very long time always playing very intense and at a top level) so can you :>

The thing is while rayn absolutely should do that you absolutely should not :p

The problem is I am very busy, I'm particularly active outside of work at the moment, weekends are usually a write-off, etc etc.

that's not a problem. you are never lynched because of it when you are town.
you have the charisma and writing skills to actually convince people to not lynch you even if they think you are mafia.

Except when he isn't around. It almost happened :/

I've actually had more close shaves than I care to remember in this 3 year streak I'm on.

Palmar (as town) came within about a vote of getting me lynched in a large game quite a long time ago.
Had to claim cop to avoid a lynch in some game.
Almost got lynched by you in that game and got v lucky with chess timings.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:31 GMT
#5301
On October 08 2015 01:26 Onegu wrote:
Alright marv just for you the next game we play together I will play serious and get my game face on.

<3 I'm only teasing (ish).

:p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-07 16:36:32
October 07 2015 16:35 GMT
#5305
On October 08 2015 01:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 01:26 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:21 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:14 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:11 marvellosity wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:08 marvellosity wrote:
rayn, you need to follow in my footsteps, and become a lazy old grandpapa of TL Mafia.

I take a step forward and just quit.

that's not a step forward, that's shooting yourself in the foot.

If I can learn to sit back a bit (after a very long time always playing very intense and at a top level) so can you :>

The thing is while rayn absolutely should do that you absolutely should not :p

The problem is I am very busy, I'm particularly active outside of work at the moment, weekends are usually a write-off, etc etc.

that's not a problem. you are never lynched because of it when you are town.
you have the charisma and writing skills to actually convince people to not lynch you even if they think you are mafia.

I'm not talking about in terms of getting lynched. It's clear lynching me as town is nearly impossible.

I mean in terms of game-solving, the thought it requires, the going back and checking/looking at stuff, missing and being unable to direct the flow of the game for long periods, etc etc

mmm okay. but like... when you are not considered town noone will listen to you (unless you yell it to their faces).
except for you. you are listened to, always.

For example take Titanic VII or the game where Koshi mindlessly tunneled me and lynched me ove Onegu who was scum. I was so fucking close to throw that game for reals..... I hate that shit. I was right on everything (when it mattered) but he decided to call me mafia all game long.

idk... it's one thing to miss important stuff, but it's another thing for the town to miss ALL important stuff and cover it with dumbass meta shit. And that's what has happened lately.

Mafia by nature of the game is full of flawed, egotistical individuals (just to be clear, i'm not saying anyone who plays mafia is more flawed than anyone who doesn't :p) who make mistakes. Of course this doesn't stop me ranting about things that annoy me (unexplained firm townread meta) but meh, it is what it is, and when that fad passes, an equally dumb one will probably take its place.

Mafia is very much a game of imperfection and you're trying to approach it from an idealistic standpoint that the nature of the game isn't suited to

edit: yes, it's also very nice to have everyone listen to you by default somehow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:41 GMT
#5308
Townies were not stupid, or the circumstances of the game were that you were able to read townie stupidity as townie stupidty and not mafia stupidity, you happened to be in a rich vein of form, or however many other factors.

Like I said before there will always be highs and lows.

Enjoy the highs, and then just ride out the lows. Quitting because everyone is being shit just makes you a pussy. Don't be a pussy.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:44 GMT
#5310
hahahaha. that was great.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 07 2015 16:54 GMT
#5314
On October 08 2015 01:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am not quitting because i am a pussy.
I ma quitting because i don't enjoy playing with people who don't play.

I am playing fairly well as either alignment when people play (like XXX), and while i heavily disagree with the outcome of that game because it was for shit reasons, i agree with it. Like i should prolly killed other people or played better, or me and JAT should both played better on D1. But that game was actually a GAME, other games have felt like shit (in a sense that it's just -- boring) lately. deconduo game was good imo, except i didn't really get to play it because of the shit moosy pulled off. but it was a good game, for sure.

There will always be people who don't play too.

That's not a new thing. Maybe some games will have more inactivity or shitness than others, that will always be the case.

There's definitely a group of newer players who all play pretty hard though (Fidei, Rels etc, all these players I know next to nothing about :p)

Anyway I'm not going to carry on trying to convince you of anything. I just think you're being silly.

I would like you to continue playing. With me. You enhance my experience. Stop being selfish :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings175
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
OSC
10h 11m
Replay Cast
10h 11m
OSC
23h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.