• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:33
CEST 18:33
KST 01:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9593 users

Linux Mini Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 21:57 GMT
#2024
Although I was kinda hoping it was Trfel, but seems unlikely right now, because damdred called it very early

Trfel
SL
Eden
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 21:58 GMT
#2026
On February 02 2015 06:57 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
if i assume HF is town, i still dunno why he had so much beef with Damdred though


because he was ignoring everything people were saying and calling me mafia for having a problem with him saying nothing new

He was being a total bro

You were being a dickhole.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 21:59 GMT
#2031
I claimed Gentoo too.

I was kinda assuming the named townies would get actually named distros like "you are fedora" "you are centos" "you are elementaryos" "you are DSL" "you are slackware" etc etc.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:00 GMT
#2035
On February 02 2015 06:59 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 06:58 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 06:57 Holyflare wrote:
On February 02 2015 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
if i assume HF is town, i still dunno why he had so much beef with Damdred though


because he was ignoring everything people were saying and calling me mafia for having a problem with him saying nothing new

He was being a total bro

You were being a dickhole.


When 3 people post reasons that he has inconsistencies and he ignores them and calls them all mafia and doges with a summarised post of everything he had already said this game, it's very questionable.

I didn't find it questionable.

Then again, I hardly read it.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:00 GMT
#2037
lol
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:02 GMT
#2041
On February 02 2015 07:00 Holyflare wrote:
i actually abhor the way you play by the way, it's a total waste of a slot

you mad bro?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:02 GMT
#2043
I want to believe marv is obsessed enough to have palmar quotes on there...
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:03 GMT
#2046
On February 02 2015 07:02 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 07:02 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:00 Holyflare wrote:
i actually abhor the way you play by the way, it's a total waste of a slot

you mad bro?

a bit

It's quite efficient, honestly.

Especially with no time to read the thread. Just wait for someone to do your job for you and sheep that
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:04 GMT
#2050
btw yall know the mafia isn't going to concede right, so we're gonna do some funny stuff in here.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:05 GMT
#2052
On February 02 2015 07:04 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 07:03 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:02 Holyflare wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:02 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:00 Holyflare wrote:
i actually abhor the way you play by the way, it's a total waste of a slot

you mad bro?

a bit

It's quite efficient, honestly.

Especially with no time to read the thread. Just wait for someone to do your job for you and sheep that


you could also just not play in the game and achieve the same effect without any of us wasting time talking about you

I didn't ask you to talk about me?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:13 GMT
#2066
On February 02 2015 07:05 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 07:05 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:04 Holyflare wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:03 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:02 Holyflare wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:02 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:00 Holyflare wrote:
i actually abhor the way you play by the way, it's a total waste of a slot

you mad bro?

a bit

It's quite efficient, honestly.

Especially with no time to read the thread. Just wait for someone to do your job for you and sheep that


you could also just not play in the game and achieve the same effect without any of us wasting time talking about you

I didn't ask you to talk about me?

don't be obtuse.

Well it's sort of true. I don't think HF has any right to be mad at how I play mafia simply because it doesn't fit his standards. He himself is very guilty of what I consider to be a very detrimental way to play, which is to spam so much that no one that's on a reasonable time schedule can follow the thread.

Everyone knows I don't play on weekends, yet during the limited time I had this game, I managed to do quite a few things.

1) I actually built a case on sicklucker, based on mostly the massive overreaction to a joke made in the early game. It was just not a natural reaction at all.

2) I called (likely wrong now) holyflare mafia for being mad with Damdred for making sense. What Damdred said was essentially 100% correct. HF had no business being mad at him for that.

3) I read Damdred's case, agreed with it and sheeped it immediately.

Yes, I only have 5 pages of filter. I am NEVER going to change the fact that weekends aren't the time when I play mafia. And yes, I don't only play mafia to win, I also play it for theatrics, having fun, quoting movies, singing and just in general having a good time.

So back off with that "get off my lawn" attitude please.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:13 GMT
#2070
On February 02 2015 07:13 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 07:11 Trfel wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:11 LightningStrike wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:09 Trfel wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:08 Chezitwo wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:06 marvellosity wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:05 Chezitwo wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:04 marvellosity wrote:
wtf

i just opened it and it's blank

who deleted all my swearing

liar

i'd take a screenshot, but there's too many things i don't want to be seen

Now I'm going to call you even more of a liar.

Maybe we should lynch marvellosity before Robik just because we can?

No we win by lynching Robik.

But we laugh by lynching marvellosity.

He's on a 40+ game town no-lynch streak.

Only because he ragequits before he gets lynched.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:15 GMT
#2077
On February 02 2015 07:13 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 07:05 marvellosity wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:05 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:04 Holyflare wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:03 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:02 Holyflare wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:02 Palmar wrote:
On February 02 2015 07:00 Holyflare wrote:
i actually abhor the way you play by the way, it's a total waste of a slot

you mad bro?

a bit

It's quite efficient, honestly.

Especially with no time to read the thread. Just wait for someone to do your job for you and sheep that


you could also just not play in the game and achieve the same effect without any of us wasting time talking about you

I didn't ask you to talk about me?

don't be obtuse.

Well it's sort of true. I don't think HF has any right to be mad at how I play mafia simply because it doesn't fit his standards. He himself is very guilty of what I consider to be a very detrimental way to play, which is to spam so much that no one that's on a reasonable time schedule can follow the thread.

Everyone knows I don't play on weekends, yet during the limited time I had this game, I managed to do quite a few things.

1) I actually built a case on sicklucker, based on mostly the massive overreaction to a joke made in the early game. It was just not a natural reaction at all.

2) I called (likely wrong now) holyflare mafia for being mad with Damdred for making sense. What Damdred said was essentially 100% correct. HF had no business being mad at him for that.

3) I read Damdred's case, agreed with it and sheeped it immediately.

Yes, I only have 5 pages of filter. I am NEVER going to change the fact that weekends aren't the time when I play mafia. And yes, I don't only play mafia to win, I also play it for theatrics, having fun, quoting movies, singing and just in general having a good time.

So back off with that "get off my lawn" attitude please.


The point I want to make with the bolded is not that his way IS actually detrimental, or wrong, I'm just pointing out that we don't qgree.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:50 GMT
#2139
This is surprisingly enjoyable.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:50 GMT
#2141
On February 02 2015 07:50 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2015 07:50 Palmar wrote:
This is surprisingly enjoyable.

actually it isn't surprising

well I sort of expected the game to become extremely dull, but robik is adding some spice to it.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 01 2015 22:52 GMT
#2149
how do you not think I'm town Trfel?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 02 2015 04:14 GMT
#2549
Damdred town mvp.

Also I'm glad it was HF. Means I only voted mafia.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 02 2015 04:19 GMT
#2552
But everyone was trying to lynch me though!

Except of course town hero Damdred. Maybe marv should learn something from you on how to read people.

Town hero Damdred never doubted me, so when he presented his case I did not doubt him.

I would have followed you. My brother, my captain, my king.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 02 2015 04:30 GMT
#2554
And don't be surprised that your case got sheeped.

When you present a concise, well structured and insightful case, people are going to sheep it. I've written so much over the years on how sheeping is an essential (and very underrated) skill in mafia, and I actually pride myself in being a very strong sheep player.

When I have an idea I would like to be sheeped, so when others have an idea I try to return the favor.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 02 2015 15:23 GMT
#2578
On February 02 2015 23:12 Damdred wrote:
HTS was pretty towny d1 especially early part when I was talking to her with rsoultin not sure what was going on with that lol.

While I'm on the topic of underrated skillsets, HTS has an amazing ability look town when she is. She is just so painfully obviously town that it makes the game so much easier.

Like for some reason everyone seems to think the be-all end-all townplayer skill in mafia is to figure out who is mafia, when in reality it's only one of half a dozen or so very important skills that can't exist without each other.

The ability to convince, the ability to be townread, the ability to sheep when needed, the ability to control atmosphere and focus discussion etc etc etc.

This game was actually a very good example of how unimportant actually figuring out who the mafia is can be. If you polled people in this game, more than half of them would put me in the bottom half for performance as town here. But no one was more right on the mafia than I was this game. I literally tried to kill 3 people day 1 and those were the mafia. However:

I was not useful for direction/focus/atmosphere
I couldn't convince anyone to follow me
Half the players thought I was mafia.

I agree! I didn't play this game well at all. And of the two things I did right, only one of them was actually really good, and it wasn't the fact that I went after the entire mafia team. In the end my willingness to sheep Damdred's case and thus make a good judgement call is something I'm far more happy about than being right.

So yeah, don't sleep on players even if they are wrong sometimes. The #1 priority of any town player is to not get lynched.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1131
Mini 949
Shuttle 881
Soma 618
actioN 491
Rush 362
Larva 318
Light 315
BeSt 229
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Horang2 209
Snow 168
Dewaltoss 138
hero 137
firebathero 125
Aegong 73
Barracks 73
Zeus 64
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 32
Shinee 30
JYJ 28
Shine 28
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Sharp 24
Bale 23
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 15
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7847
qojqva2251
Dendi845
420jenkins161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1264
x6flipin974
Fnx 766
pashabiceps371
edward56
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby2492
Liquid`Hasu8
Other Games
singsing1383
B2W.Neo999
byalli470
ceh9360
Beastyqt332
Mlord326
Khaldor241
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe136
Trikslyr54
BRAT_OK 48
TKL 28
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV246
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH240
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV401
League of Legends
• Nemesis2573
• TFBlade833
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 27m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.