• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:12
CEST 09:12
KST 16:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7111 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 00:10 GMT
#847
On September 25 2014 09:06 MysteryMeat1 wrote:
I've only played the cell game with oats, and in cell he barely contributed at all. He was not memorable and hasn't played differently than that game.

I think a few things have happened this game, and damdred has been keeping up on it. Oats also hasn't really said anything but calling geript and DP mafia. I don't think failing to change reads is a scumtell, i think newer information needs to be taken into account, and if it supports your reads or disagrees with your reads then it matters.



What new information about dp do I have for instance?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 01:39 GMT
#869
I think geript at this point I'm just vastly disagreeing with your method of scum hunting. I really do not like lets flip one person at this stage and get to the other if we can pin down two scummy people that's fine.

Just for arguments sake, if we lynch MM and he flips red should we flip you to? If abuse flips green does that make hapa scummy or town?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 02:28 GMT
#880
On September 25 2014 11:23 geript wrote:
@Hapa/Yam/VE/Prom
What do you guys make of Oats/Damdred having no opinion of each other. It seems like most everyone active has a specific read on their partner. But like Damdred has mostly been bitching about me thinking his pairing is a good flip despite explaining it multiple times while saying/thinking nothing about his partner and Oats is mia on any actual intelligent issue.


This is the biggest mess of wifom at least when it comes to me. If I gave opinions or town reads on Oats you would start screaming die damdred die like you have been screaming at hapa and abuse.

I have no opinions about Oats because hes quiet in the QT overall and he hasn't done anything hugely alignment oriented in the thread. I'm not going to give some opinion that isn't their and tell you i'm secure in knowing hes not scum. I think its highly likely that hes town based on that i'm town, but thats not a real basis for an opinion and I would be remiss in basing my read on that.

And I have stated many times i disagree with your method of scum hunting this game, look at the people who are acting scummy not at the people who you can't tell if they are town or not.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 03:21 GMT
#886
You are taking what I said out of context. Obviously because we've talked it must be a ton right? It could be a little or it could be a lot. As of now oats activity in the thread matches activity in the qt. A bit less in the qt probably.

And no I do not agree with reading myself as scum based on a faulty associative read that is not proven. What you say doesn't jive with you is just you painting null things as scummy.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 03:31 GMT
#889
Why do I have to have the same views as other players?

It is prudent to be paranoid in this situation I do not know his alignment and just because reads align does not mean that one is town. Oats has been a lowish activity poster in the games I've played with him, and that is not alignment indicative. I haven't seen anything scummy from him so personally I'm assuming he's town but I really have no basis for it that can be proven so I'm being cautious.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 03:37 GMT
#891
Just because I assume something based on something else doesn't make it true.

An assumption is not something I am prone to form an opinion on or form some form of read on. I will wait to form that as oats talks more, its a natural progression and caution is a good thing
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 03:56 GMT
#897
Awesome I'm scum because I don't have a developed opinion on my qt partner. Perfect sense
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 04:01 GMT
#901
This push on me feels so scummy right now lol.

You guys do not even have a case on me
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 04:07 GMT
#909
But only you and MM are wanting to lynch me and I've been involved since the start here. And I'm not really tunneled on you I think your scummy in certain things and your using a bad scum hunting method and your case is bad.

MM is scummier in his posts
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 04:14 GMT
#916
On September 25 2014 13:10 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 13:07 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 25 2014 13:06 geript wrote:
On September 25 2014 13:03 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 25 2014 12:53 geript wrote:
On September 25 2014 12:53 Hapahauli wrote:
We're still lynching VE today.

I havent' seen a single person disagree with my case.

Look at Damdred specifically what I posted.


I did and it's an interesting observation, but that's about it. It's plausible to talk with a null read about scum-reads. The QT is there... it's hard to ignore it unless you're super suspicious of your partner.

Hell being on the same page isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would be one thing if he thought Oats was mafia. Oats null? I'm very unconvinced by the argument.

At the very least, it's not stronger than the one on VE.

I disagree. The odds of VE/CR being a mafia/mafia pair is reasonably low. We both agree on that. Where's the double mafia pair then Hapa?


Why care about the mafia pair? I care about my mafia reads. VE is by far my strongest. I have a good case on him, apparently everyone thinks I have a good case on him, so lets lynch him.

As for the mafia pair, I don't know. I'm re-reading. If I have an opinion worth posting, I'll post it.

Yah well, you're going to have to convince me of a pair because I don't trust you fully and I think your read can be wrong and the implications of having a bad read there are exceptionally detrimental.


the irony
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 04:23 GMT
#921
I'm going to bed before I get frustrated.

Geript says I'm 100% mafia, only mafia deals in absolutes. He doesn't care which of myself or oats is lynched just one of us needs to die. There's plenty of scummy stuff in the thread to look at but he's not actually scun hunting.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 13:18 GMT
#1029
The most annoying thing is that some of the people I want to talk to aren't here while I'm awake but are when I sleep. I also hate being called bad by said people, I'm catching up
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 14:25 GMT
#1034
On September 25 2014 16:08 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 15:48 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 25 2014 15:36 geript wrote:
Say what you want DP, I still don't trust Hapa.


Maybe but he looks much more like I would expect and therefore better to me right now.

I don't particularly want to lynch Hapa OR VE today.

Talk to me about Damdred Geript.

I felt like he asked some pretty crappy questions of me, and then rode that initial questioning to the bank. He rehashed the same questions a bunch, asked people about what they thought of me a bunch, and said he was waiting for me to respond a bunch.

Doesn't really come across as genuine or effective scum-hunting.

Thoughts?

I think the likeliest mafia/mafia pair is damdred/oats. I even just pointed out some shit about him at the top of the page. Right now with as ridiculously as CR is acting though, he might just actually be mafia and VE also be mafia. Part of the problem is I have no clue how to read Damdred as each and every time I've tried to read him I've thought he was scum and he was town. And each and every time he has no clue how to actually read me. So he might legitimately just be awful at reading me and a less experienced player. I just can't see how anything in his filter makes him town and I think there's good reason to think at least 1 person in each other group is town. Yes, deep down I still think CR is 3P but with how he's playing that's a crap shoot; and honestly I'm seriously betting not the martyr one.


This is incorrect about me, I made you as mafia d1 on Palmars arnie got a gun, I had doubts about you in season of a witch because of fall off in later phases and weird posts but I never really pushed you and tried to figure out your alignment. Fanfic was a disaster though i'll admit, but before the mod kill I probably didn't want to kill you because your scenerio was plausible in my mind.

On September 25 2014 19:27 DarthPunk wrote:
I want to know what damdred thinks about everything that isn't me.

##VOTE: Damdred

Let's dance bish.


I think its really to bad that we aren't in the same timezone so we can actually talk some of this stuff through real time instead of hours apart with the other waiting and taking heat for it. Also before I move on to other people I would like to point out that a lot of the heat I took about you was because I hadn't updated my read on you from MM. I had nothing new to go on in your regard I do now so will be updating it a bit. And thanks for answering the questions even if you thought they were asinine.

On September 25 2014 21:11 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 19:55 DarthPunk wrote:
WHERE DID YOU GO OATS?| SO FRUSTRATING.

SORRY.

I dunno man, I thought my scumread on you was kinda out there but damdred agrees heartily with it. Which makes me fear for buddying. And that Im wrong.

You guys arent scum together.

Im not killing him today though, lotta other dudes who need killing.
Geript. CR. Prome possibly. vayne.





Like what? You aren't even trying to figure out my alignment in our QT you are just asking me what I think about certain players from time to time I think we have like twelve posts in their and i have 7 of those. I'm happy you aren't going to kill me today but I just don't know how to feel about you.

Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 15:50 GMT
#1037
On September 26 2014 00:15 Oatsmaster wrote:
What do you mean "Like what"?

Im saying you might be buddying me because I didnt feel like I explained my scumread on DP well enough.

Anyway as I said, not interested in lynching you today.

Who Im interested in lynching.
PROMETHELAX.
His first content post is so bad.
He waffles around geript, posts about some not very relevent posts, then gives a bunch of reads with no reasoning and never attempts to make any effort, other than bitching to VE to give him reads, to get info to expand his scumreads. all his scumreads are "they havent done anything".
super weak.
Then he goes onto Vayne, none of the points he brings up is good.
His main point is that town Vayne would read the OP. Totally not a point at all. Why would scumVayne purposely push a case based on bad info? Literally it makes no sense to not check how the role works as scum because you dont want to get caught like that. Bad bad bad.
Continuing, he doesnt post about the biggest issue in the thread, the Hapa/VE stuff. Its huge. He doesnt care.
Showing that his mindset is off and isnt aware of the normal thread atmosphere cause hes scum.

OK.
##vote Promethelax

Hes gonna come back and post a wall of text but dont get suckered. Stay the course and LYNCH HIM.
Majority lynch.
no lynch is the absolute worst thing that can happen.


I felt like I did explain why I was scum reading DP at the time decently well. I suppose i'm being prudent in how I look at our partnership currently and you should act the same way towards me until our alignments are known to each other. So I can understand the stance.

The case is not bad, Prom posts a few big posts that seem good at face value but their are several issues within each.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 16:03 GMT
#1042
I thought you said I was the bes tl ynch today MM? Or are you just wanting to kill anyone?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 16:07 GMT
#1045
Ninja kush in the building.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 16:12 GMT
#1047
Why is vayne the best lynch kush?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 16:26 GMT
#1049
On September 26 2014 01:06 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 01:00 kushm4sta wrote:
halp i only have like 5 to 10 min to spend on this game right now and then not again until after eod. i dont know who to vote

Read Oats filter fast and tell me what you think


What do you think grack
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 18:18 GMT
#1068
On September 26 2014 02:58 MysteryMeat1 wrote:
The reason i wanted to lynch oats over Damdred was in the case of it not being a MafiaxMafia pair, i would rather have damdred alive over oats.

One thing i did like was that Damdred didn't rush to town read his partner. Like most of the people in this thread have been doing.


But you said I was the best lynch even after you said you would lynch oats earlier. And you guys gave me hell about not having an opinion on Oats at that point. So whats changed
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 25 2014 18:21 GMT
#1071
@Prom,

Yamatos style of townplay has been pretty simple the past 6 games I think i've played with him. Its been mostly a running narrative with his thoughts thrown in. He seems generally invested in the thread at this point, and has some thoughts it seems behind what he is saying, even if they are simplistic and not expounded upon yet they are their. This has been a staple of yamatos town game for awhile now, and while it would be pretty easy to fake this as scum, yamato generally becomes really demotivated pretty fast and just lurks and taunts a bit. Neither of which he is doing here, so i'm town reading him for now if his play degrades then i'll start looking at him again it just looks like town yamato.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1261
910 727
ggaemo 687
actioN 478
Mong 231
Shuttle 101
Dewaltoss 98
Hm[arnc] 34
soO 31
Leta 30
[ Show more ]
yabsab 29
ZergMaN 22
Bale 20
Noble 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
Fuzer 49
League of Legends
JimRising 565
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor812
Other Games
summit1g8748
ceh9439
Happy319
olofmeister279
PiGStarcraft228
Mew2King122
ArmadaUGS44
trigger10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2364
League of Legends
• Rush1319
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 48m
OSC
14h 48m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.