• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

TL Mafia LIX - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 27 Next All
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 14:15 GMT
#3747
Ninjad. So anyway, let's double lynch tomorrow.

On January 30 2013 19:34 AxleGreaser wrote:
Which might explain why I didn't vote for double Lynch.


Also curious what Axle means by this, given Toad's entire premise for not double-lynching was incorrect.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 15:52 GMT
#3748
On January 29 2013 20:57 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 20:05 Toadesstern wrote:
On January 29 2013 19:14 Oatsmaster wrote:
Toad, why double lynch?

because there's 3 people I want dead as fast as possible: Annul, mkfuba, Axle.


Just finished a 20 hour shift.

I'm not opposed to anyone in this list dying. Still want to kill Vivax for his play this game.

Ill be back in the morning when i'm more coherent.



On January 31 2013 00:34 Adam4167 wrote:
##Vote Axlegreaser
##Vote Double Lynch


Ninja votes, promises to contribute without doing so.

Hi Adam.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 17:11 GMT
#3750
What do you make of Clarity and Adam, fuba?
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:13 GMT
#3755
The odds aren't 11/2, unless you really think some of the townies have a decent chance of flipping mafia.

There's only a certain number of people I'm lynching into, and I know who I want to lynch tomorrow. Plus with a double lynch tomorrow we can revive a bit of flagging interest, and town can really debate a target, rather than me (and toad) ruling by diktat.

Not being funny but like 90% of town hasn't had a say in a lynch really all game, and I think tomorrow's a pretty good time to do so.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:21 GMT
#3757
On January 31 2013 06:17 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:13 FiveTouch wrote:
The odds aren't 11/2, unless you really think some of the townies have a decent chance of flipping mafia.

There's only a certain number of people I'm lynching into, and I know who I want to lynch tomorrow. Plus with a double lynch tomorrow we can revive a bit of flagging interest, and town can really debate a target, rather than me (and toad) ruling by diktat.

Not being funny but like 90% of town hasn't had a say in a lynch really all game, and I think tomorrow's a pretty good time to do so.
Yeah, the subjective odds are different, and I can take myself out, and all that jazz.

But I'm skeptical that a double lynch is going to create oodles of discussion, a lot of us that aren't saying much also didn't say much on our earlier double lynch day (at least about lynch targets), and more skeptical that the value of any extra discussion is higher during the next cycle than one ... 2 or 3 down the road.


You were skeptical about gonzaw being mafia because there were no mason claims from people he'd talked to, despite the overwhelming evidence that was his lack of trying to help town when he was outed.

I rather say I prefer my judgement on the dynamics and feel of a thread than yours, because you tend to put the emphasis on the wrong things.

The last double lynch was decided pretty much before the day arrives, this one is not. Do you know which 2 players we're going to lynch tomorrow? Maybe you can guess, but everyone has different opinions. On Day/Night 2 BKE/Chez was getting pretty damn certain already.

So yeah, I think it will force town to be active at this point tomorrow, whereas town has kinda died a bit of a death today, and I think that's a good thing. And I want to eliminate people I think are possibly mafia asap.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:34 GMT
#3759
There's no real reason to hold it for later. Mafia have a whole list of pseudo-confirmed townies that they can hit that we are never going to lynch.

I'd rather have these players alive and able to talk about things tomorrow than not.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:40 GMT
#3761
On January 31 2013 06:38 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:34 FiveTouch wrote:
There's no real reason to hold it for later. Mafia have a whole list of pseudo-confirmed townies that they can hit that we are never going to lynch.

I'd rather have these players alive and able to talk about things tomorrow than not.
Mafia has 1 KP max. They're not magically dropping a list of players overnight.


irrelevant? if we get a bunch of lynches wrong we're down say 2 more townies from lynches and 2 more almost-confirmed townies from NKs

so... double lynch now while they're still around

also for other reasons i just mentioned

just do what i fucking say for once for god's sake.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:42 GMT
#3763
In that case I expect town to lynch precisely who I want to lynch tomorrow.

Otherwise... we could double lynch and then there's not so much of an argument about things.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:45 GMT
#3765
On January 31 2013 06:45 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:40 FiveTouch wrote:
On January 31 2013 06:38 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 06:34 FiveTouch wrote:
There's no real reason to hold it for later. Mafia have a whole list of pseudo-confirmed townies that they can hit that we are never going to lynch.

I'd rather have these players alive and able to talk about things tomorrow than not.
Mafia has 1 KP max. They're not magically dropping a list of players overnight.


irrelevant? if we get a bunch of lynches wrong we're down say 2 more townies from lynches and 2 more almost-confirmed townies from NKs

so... double lynch now while they're still around

also for other reasons i just mentioned

just do what i fucking say for once for god's sake.

Do what you fucking say is, in part, a problem that you're saying the double lynch will help solve.

If we get a bunch of lynches wrong and are losing townies, I don't see how a double lynch helps that. We're magically going to double lynch scum or 2 scum when we couldn't single lynch scum for 2-3 days?


ok, i submit to your argument, because you've been so god damn correct this game.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:47 GMT
#3766
On January 31 2013 06:45 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:40 FiveTouch wrote:
On January 31 2013 06:38 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 06:34 FiveTouch wrote:
There's no real reason to hold it for later. Mafia have a whole list of pseudo-confirmed townies that they can hit that we are never going to lynch.

I'd rather have these players alive and able to talk about things tomorrow than not.
Mafia has 1 KP max. They're not magically dropping a list of players overnight.


irrelevant? if we get a bunch of lynches wrong we're down say 2 more townies from lynches and 2 more almost-confirmed townies from NKs

so... double lynch now while they're still around

also for other reasons i just mentioned

just do what i fucking say for once for god's sake.

Do what you fucking say is, in part, a problem that you're saying the double lynch will help solve.

If we get a bunch of lynches wrong and are losing townies, I don't see how a double lynch helps that. We're magically going to double lynch scum or 2 scum when we couldn't single lynch scum for 2-3 days?


also, you appear to be arguing against using a double lynch later, when the only reason we'd use a double lynch later is because we hadn't killed all the mafia yet.

so well done there.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:52 GMT
#3768
Why are you so incapable of just trusting my judgement? Jesus :/
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 21:58 GMT
#3771
What's going to happen tomorrow right. Is that there's gonna be some people shouting that you should get lynched. And some people shouting that annul should get lynched. And Toad probably saying fuba should get lynched.

And then I probably won't be able to stop what I think is a completely suboptimal lynch, and it'll be rubbish. Whereas if we double lynch, town will much more readily agree to my lynch target, if there's another one up for grabs.

It's basically a win for everyone.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 22:00 GMT
#3773
On January 31 2013 06:58 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:52 FiveTouch wrote:
Why are you so incapable of just trusting my judgement? Jesus :/

I'm fine with your judgment when I think it's right

I just don't think it is in this case. I don't see this as a judgment call at all, I think it's just straight-up better to hold our other double lynch for later.


That's because you judge the 'maths' or 'objective information' - say gonzaw not masoning anyone - over such things as thread atmosphere and town morale (or gonzaw not doing anything)
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 22:01 GMT
#3774
On January 31 2013 06:56 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 00:52 FiveTouch wrote:
On January 29 2013 20:57 Adam4167 wrote:
On January 29 2013 20:05 Toadesstern wrote:
On January 29 2013 19:14 Oatsmaster wrote:
Toad, why double lynch?

because there's 3 people I want dead as fast as possible: Annul, mkfuba, Axle.


Just finished a 20 hour shift.

I'm not opposed to anyone in this list dying. Still want to kill Vivax for his play this game.

Ill be back in the morning when i'm more coherent.



On January 31 2013 00:34 Adam4167 wrote:
##Vote Axlegreaser
##Vote Double Lynch


Ninja votes, promises to contribute without doing so.

Hi Adam.


Hi friend.

I didn't feel like I had anything overly important to contribute, so I didn't.

Anything you'd care to discuss?


I think you're mafia
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 30 2013 22:14 GMT
#3780
On January 31 2013 07:08 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 06:58 FiveTouch wrote:
What's going to happen tomorrow right. Is that there's gonna be some people shouting that you should get lynched. And some people shouting that annul should get lynched. And Toad probably saying fuba should get lynched.

And then I probably won't be able to stop what I think is a completely suboptimal lynch, and it'll be rubbish. Whereas if we double lynch, town will much more readily agree to my lynch target, if there's another one up for grabs.

It's basically a win for everyone.
I swear you didn't type this British before being outed.

That still leaves us what you're calling a rubbish lynch tomorrow. In that case it doesn't stop a suboptimal lynch. That wording makes it sound like we'll just robo-lynch your target of choice and then have a normal lynch discussion concerning target #2, instead of just having a normal lynch discussion concerning the only lynch.

I'm going to assume this is just poor wording or whatever, and not push this point.


If Axle flips mafia, then we have one mafia left to find. I'd much rather lynch the scummiest two guys right away and increase our odds of hitting mafia right then, drastically, then save it for some hypothetical situation later when town might be in trouble and it's a desperation move, rather than it being an empowering move.

I would say it amazes me that you can't see this stuff, or don't consider it more important than your arguments, but it doesn't at all, sadly.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 31 2013 12:55 GMT
#3880
Hurray!

On January 31 2013 10:10 yamato77 wrote:
Hey axle

gives us your reads for when you flip town


Your lack of faith is disturbing.

annul, answer Stutters' question already.

Toad, I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone else to tell town who/why they want to lynch before we do. It can't hurt and it might give us extra information.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 31 2013 13:29 GMT
#3884
On January 31 2013 22:24 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 21:55 FiveTouch wrote:
Hurray!

On January 31 2013 10:10 yamato77 wrote:
Hey axle

gives us your reads for when you flip town


Your lack of faith is disturbing.

annul, answer Stutters' question already.

Toad, I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone else to tell town who/why they want to lynch before we do. It can't hurt and it might give us extra information.


I'm going to tell the thread who the last mafia is 2 hours prior to deadline. I'm also going to jail him for maximum success.
So make everyone spill out their reads if you want to, I'm not going to stay up until 2am.


Why don't you tell us all this in the morning then instead of before the deadline? I'd prefer not to have some wifomy night action stuff again ;p And you can't possibly die, so there's no risk.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 31 2013 13:38 GMT
#3886
On January 31 2013 22:34 Toadesstern wrote:
Because unlike you I have a set of balls and have no problem with calling my read. Yes I'm that certain about the guy being mafia.


Ah, ok, thanks for being a complete twat. Np.
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 31 2013 13:43 GMT
#3887
For my own entertainment, the final vote count day 1

Day 1 Votecount


FiveTouch - 7
DearestSnot
FiveTouch
debears
JieXian
mkfuba07
yamato77
prplhz


austinmcc - 3
Oatsmaster
austinmcc
sandroba

Chezinu - 1
grush57

Toadesstern - 4
Toadesstern
Vivax
Stutters695
djodref

gonzaw - 3
Gonzaw
mocsta
axlegreaser
Chezinu

annul - 1
annul

BroodkingEXE - 1
BroodkingEXE
Artanis & marv
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
January 31 2013 13:45 GMT
#3889
On January 31 2013 22:44 Toadesstern wrote:
I'm also not going to mason anyone anymore. Only useless people left

Unless of course... someone being a mason who still hasn't masoned Marv? I might consider masoning you to proxy mason Marv that way.


I don't think so... grush masoned me this cycle, and I think that's everybody accounted for?
Artanis & marv
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 42m
OSC
9h 42m
Replay Cast
9h 42m
OSC
22h 42m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.