• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:24
CEST 14:24
KST 21:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6899 users

Cosmic Horror Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 21 2011 22:49 GMT
#22
/in!

I've always wanted to play in a smaller game.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 23 2011 22:23 GMT
#108
...and right away wiggles and palmar make themselves the topics of the day.

On August 24 2011 01:12 Palmar wrote:
Right.

This is not what happened. My win condition is to eliminate all threats to town. I did not slip, you're trying to manufacture evidence out of something that doesn't exist. My joke can't even be shrugged off as bad town play because nothing exists in it that would indicate I'm not town.
This post sets off a lot of alarm bells for me. So many that I'm just gonna go ahead and ##vote Palmar

Wiggle's plan is awful and super-pro EA, yeah, but the more interesting part of his posts to me is how much he's pushing that everyone should breadcrumb. This is my third try on typing up something about breadcrumbs, and I'm not at all sure what to think about them anymore. They can be really useful in piecing everything together lategame, yeah, but I'm really worried about how they can be used to manipulate town. Breadcrumbing pro-town stuff all game long and then revealing it all when it's LYLO or something is a really good plan for smart scum. So our only option would be to look back at people's crumbs after they die, which again leaves town open to manipulation if scum can make some really good connections that aren't there.
So basically, the only way we should trust any sort of breadcrumbing scheme if if the person who made the crumbs claims them and then flips town. And, if that's the case... why do we even need breadcrumbs? I understand that, especially in a game like this where the blues' actions are so critical, it's really appealing to try to set up a system where everyone can deduce what happened, but looking at the setup, I don't think it's a good idea in this game.

alright I hope that made sense. One more thing: What happens if an insane doctor visits EA?
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 23 2011 23:08 GMT
#113
On August 24 2011 07:35 Palmar wrote:
Care to explain what alarms it sets off? You seem to be perfectly fine with throwing down a vote based on nothing but "setting off alarms".


You made a post containing something that could be taken as scummy, tnk pointed it out, you go 'derp' and tell him to stop looking for things that aren't there. So far so good.

Then, once tnk pushes you a bit, you get really defensive. That post I quoted just doesn't feel like a post that a comfortable player makes.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 25 2011 09:55 GMT
#243
Sorry about being gone, last day in town for a bunch of friends. Reading up now!
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 25 2011 10:48 GMT
#244
Alright, I think the CC lynch is a mistake. People have made exactly the argument I would already-- his posts are blatant and frequent, there's not even a hint of him trying to do anything sneaky, etc.

Wiggles, sorry about the rambling post on breadcrumbs. I meant the conclusion to be solidly negative, trying to dissuade people from breadcrumbing by explaining how useless they are without a way to solidly claim before death. I looked at the setup, and saw no DTs!

Tnk looks like the best lynch to me, as well. Jumping on someone who's playing badly but not scummily and pushing them hard for a lynch seems more like scum trying to keep from getting lynched day one than anything else.

##unvote
##vote tnkted

:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 25 2011 10:54 GMT
#246
do tell
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 25 2011 11:25 GMT
#248
I don't really see it. Drawing evidence to support a pretty scary-looking case against you-- especially evidence that's a frustrating, memorable, and recent experience of just about the same situation-- isn't all that damning to me.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 26 2011 04:59 GMT
#316
On August 26 2011 10:27 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 10:20 Sevryn wrote:
On August 26 2011 09:45 JeeJee wrote:
On August 26 2011 09:35 Sevryn wrote:
On August 26 2011 08:00 Jackal58 wrote:
Cyber cheese is on the right track. Kind of. Psych visit Mr. Wiggles. If Psych dies we lynch Wiggles. Now let's continue hunting scum.
If tnkted is scum so is Palmar and Sevryn. Lynch tnkted.

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope.
Psych visit who you want to visit but if we tell the psych to visit Wiggles for one Wiggles is someone who has a higher chance than normal to be the EA IMO and by telling the Psych who to visit each day the EA visits someone else and his job of find the psych goes twice as fast making his win condition easier to fulfill.

yeah no, this doesn't apply to this variation at all. ea cannot assume that the person we tell the psych to visit isn't the psych. this variation is workable, provided we don't auto-lynch anyone just because psych suicides.


On August 26 2011 08:35 Jackal58 wrote:
On August 26 2011 08:31 JeeJee wrote:
On August 26 2011 08:27 Jackal58 wrote:
I'll buy that Ferryman. Makes more sense to me than the EH push.

On August 26 2011 08:16 JeeJee wrote:
On August 26 2011 08:00 Jackal58 wrote:
Cyber cheese is on the right track. Kind of. Psych visit Mr. Wiggles. If Psych dies we lynch Wiggles. Now let's continue hunting scum.
If tnkted is scum so is Palmar and Sevryn. Lynch tnkted.


how is sevryn remotely related to tnkted?


Subtle disconnects.
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 25 2011 02:08 Sevryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 01:40 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
I believe it's in towns best interests to randomly lynch from the get-go, as I've stated a few times in now, so I've been following bandwagons to try and put a lynch through
If I happen to be lynched because of it, so be it, at least towns not wasting a chance to lynch

its in scums best interest for town to randomly lynch and ignore scum slips while i was reading the thread i was going to do a write up on CyberCheese however tnkted beat me to it this guy self admitted to jumping on bandwagons. he plays the IDC if i get lynched card this guy is scum.
##vote Cyber_Cheese


not sure if serious.. all that post shows is sevryn going "I was going to make a case against CC but tnkted did it already"
i did pretty much the same thing, am I related now too?


+ Show Spoiler +
On August 26 2011 03:52 Sevryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 02:31 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
On August 25 2011 23:41 Palmar wrote:
On August 25 2011 23:36 Forumite wrote:
On August 25 2011 23:15 Palmar wrote:
On August 25 2011 23:07 Forumite wrote:
On August 25 2011 23:01 Palmar wrote:
I have a new strategy, I'll never vote for people I think are town. I'll actually force a no-lynch over it. I'm just not going to spam the thread away trying to convince people I'm right.
Right...


What's your reasoning to believe Wiggles is town?

I don´t trust the primary argument made against him. Meta is usefull, sometimes, but I don´t think it´s applicable in finding a new kind of 3rd party with an unknown optimal play, especially as the meta argument focused specifically on his first post, which wanted to start a discussion more than anything. Since then wiggles has sometimes overreacted in his defences, there might be something there, but some players has said that Wiggles is hard to read, and I´m prepared to trust that Meta more than what Ferryman brought up.


Then take a look at some of the things that have happened in the game.

Wiggles decided to vote Eiii in his opening post. There is nothing wrong with randomly voting, but the fact that he felt the need to specify it was a pressure vote (through linking an awesome song by bowie/queen), shows inherent signs of guilt, and not wanting to stick his neck out. I don't even understand what the purpose of voting someone with the intent of only pressuring would be. At he point in time he threw down that vote it'd have been more sensical to go after one of the players that have posted, or to simply claim the vote on Eiii was to get rid of lurkers.


Basically, that vote was because he was lurking, and because when he actually got around to posting, I wanted him to say something substantial and not just a one-liner before disappearing. The vote draws attention to him, and makes it harder to lurk unnoticed. As well, I was somewhat making fun of the random voting that was happening before my post, as people were all trying to pressure each other, and I was throwing my own in there as well.

Now, he's starting to post more again, and should hopefully pick up his activity and actually discuss things in the last 24 hours before the lynch.

I want to talk about this post, though:
On August 25 2011 23:01 Palmar wrote:
Actually screw it.

I have a new strategy, I'll never vote for people I think are town. I'll actually force a no-lynch over it. I'm just not going to spam the thread away trying to convince people I'm right.

##Unvote tnkted
##Vote Mr. Wiggles
Trying to force a no-lynch is pretty anti-town, as it gives mafia a free round of night kills without any extra information for town. (If mafia's smart, they're not going to hit town mislynch targets).

I'm also interested in this post, because it comes 45 minutes or so before the deadline for the lynch, when tnkted was at 6 votes. This means that he was in danger of having an additional person vote for him, assuring his lynch. By unvoting him, you assure that it will take at least two people to make sure the lynch goes through, and so close to the deadline, it is much more likely that we will instead be forced to use one of our extensions, much better saved for further days.

So, it seems likely to me, that either you and tnkted are scumbuddies and you wanted to save him from the lynch, or that only you yourself are scum, making what looks like a bold town statement in order to assure that the extension is used on Day 1.

##Unvote
##Vote Palmar

Trying to save who you think is townie is not scum play as palmar proved in TL Mafia XLIV I will switch my vote to wiggles so we can get him lynched I still think ferryman made a very strong case against him. Cyber cheese needs to pick up his play.

##unvote
##vote Mr. Wiggles


Subtle disconnects.


a stunning argument

okay that actually makes sense


who would you like psych to visit?

same question @ eii


If you're still talking about using the psych to try to find the EA and lynch someone, I think that's an awful idea. So really, psych'd just be trying to predict who the EA would hit. :/ Anyway, forum or navi.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 26 2011 05:05 GMT
#318
On August 26 2011 02:31 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote Palmar


Oh, come on. We've already used an extension with our votes split, and you throw a third person into the mix?

I'm fine with lynching either wiggles or tnk at this point. The two voting for CC (Erandorr and JeeJee) need to move their votes to one of those two, now.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 26 2011 08:51 GMT
#325
...it's still a no lynch today unless someone switches to tnk. C'mon now.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 27 2011 23:28 GMT
#435
I don't like lynching jeejee for a supposed 'hey guys i'm scum lol' breadcrumb in one of his posts.

I DO like lynching him because he kept his vote on CC and was one of the few who forced a nolynch yesterday.

so let's do this ##vote JeeJee
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 28 2011 07:26 GMT
#452
yeah, I don't really see how threatening us is going to help you any in this situation.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 29 2011 09:35 GMT
#519
Why play to win when you can choose to roleplay and just roll over and get lynched as blue? Not the best last-minute attempt
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 30 2011 10:01 GMT
#557
On August 30 2011 07:58 Jackal58 wrote:
Eiii doesn't normally lurk.
are you kidding me
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
September 01 2011 11:14 GMT
#638
...alright, I haven't posted once today. Not really sure how that happened, but it's my fault and I'm going to fix it.

Unfortunately it looks like we're headed for another extension. The jeejee lynch was unamious, and given the way it was started scum probably felt like he wasn't worth saving, so I really doubt we'll be able to figure out too much by looking at that day's actions. What we do have is the whole day 1 no-lynch fiasco-- one in which immediately following the extension, wiggles added a new lynch candidate into the lynch and stuck with it until the end of the day, even when it was clear that a palmar lynch wouldn't get the support it needed to do anything except siphon votes away from other candidates.

Between his voting behavior at the end of day one and ferryman's extensive writeups on how his posting behavior indicates that he's scum, wiggles is our best lynch for today.

##vote Mr. Wiggles
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
September 02 2011 09:20 GMT
#672
On September 02 2011 08:04 Jackal58 wrote:
4 People have died and all 4 have been sane. That makes me think the EA has been inactive


I don't understand this logic. It's pointless to assume that, because all the deaths so far have been sane, that the EA hasn't been sending in night actions. So trying to use that justification to show that the EA is a lurker when you could just point out that EA's best chance at winning is to fly under the radar for as long as possible seems just as pointless.
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
September 03 2011 21:56 GMT
#692
If every single red was involved in splitting the vote d1, that would be hilarious. It's worked well enough so far, though! :D

##vote tnkted
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
September 07 2011 01:08 GMT
#733
bleh

I really don't have a good scum or EA suspect at all. Navi's only questionable action recently was immediately jumping on the jeejee vote and then really questioning jackal hardcore about how he saw the crumb, trying to discredit him-- I mean, what does he expect jackal to say, 'I'm psyc/red/EA'? but he keeps pressing after jackal just says that he thinks it was written weird.

I feel that jackal and cyber aren't red, so I'm looking at navi, forumite, and kurumi. Forumite seems to be playing normally, and I can't find anything even remotely malicious in his posts. I'm going to go ahead and make the meta read that a scum wouldn't idle out of the game, either.

so, ##vote Navillus. I'm really not comfortable with how the game is atm, though I admittedly haven't been doing much to turn things around :/
:3
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
September 07 2011 10:44 GMT
#738
Without a stronger-than-I-have-now argument for navi being scum, there isn't much I can do to deflect a lynch off me. I'd ask people to look at my votes-- I voted jeejee without hesitation, pointing out more scummy things he'd done, and pushed wiggles when it wasn't clear that he was going to be the day's lynch. Especially with only two scum left, I don't think it'd be anywhere close to a smart play for one red to secure the lynch of their only remaining buddy in that situation.
:3
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings217
SHIN 155
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 329
SHIN 155
Railgan 46
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70853
Calm 11091
Rain 2483
Bisu 1619
FanTaSy 861
soO 557
Stork 526
Shuttle 451
Soma 276
Rush 247
[ Show more ]
Snow 221
firebathero 193
Last 155
Light 106
Mind 86
Pusan 70
Sea.KH 68
ToSsGirL 50
hero 48
Sharp 45
Bale 43
Free 39
Trap 36
Killer 35
Mong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
sorry 26
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 13
HiyA 13
Noble 13
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8614
Dendi498
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns30536
singsing2187
B2W.Neo525
Pyrionflax241
ToD145
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 85
• Gemini_19 14
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos3528
• Nemesis535
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1211
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 36m
OSC
10h 36m
Replay Cast
10h 36m
OSC
23h 36m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.