• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:21
CEST 15:21
KST 22:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War635.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9354 users

Personality Mafia! - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 19 2011 22:15 GMT
#1434
VE, could you explain what made you decide not to protect anyone on night one? I honestly can't think of a reason why a medic wouldn't want to attempt to save someone, unless you die if you protect a scum or something.

Node and Flamewheel, you guys should sub out if you don't have the time to make 2-3 posts a cycle.

Misder, I would like a huge post from you giving your opinions of at least 2-3 people, not named Palmar or Curu.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 20 2011 00:32 GMT
#1442
On August 20 2011 09:01 Scamp wrote:
Good lord, what the hell happened while I was away?

Pretty much everything I wanted to talk about is now moot.


Mind sharing what you were thinking, even if it might not apply anymore?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 22 2011 00:00 GMT
#1515
Another problem with a quicklynch is that if you cast the single vote and end the day, there could be another red check and we have to wait an entire additional cycle.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 22 2011 02:37 GMT
#1537
lol why me curu?

Seems to me that you don't appreciate all my well thought out plans.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 22 2011 04:40 GMT
#1581
-_-

On August 22 2011 12:20 redFF wrote:
LOLOLLOLOLOLOLL
haha
##Vote Sandroba


I went through your post history and the only time you ever mentioned Sandroba was when you asked curu about him. What made you suddenly decide he was scum and vote for him within a couple minutes of the day post?

On August 22 2011 12:38 redFF wrote:
ERM


I DID NOT DO THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WTF JUST HAPPENED.

probably pandain the role thief.


How could pandain be the role thief? He already proved that his role as Qatol was to ban people by removing their powers. Are you saying he can both ban people and steal other people's roles? That doesn't really make any sense.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 22 2011 15:06 GMT
#1594
Just a reminder, make sure to submit your self-analysis based upon the day four lynch.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 23 2011 03:58 GMT
#1644
On August 19 2011 23:47 Pandain wrote:
atmosphereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


GG. Thanks for hosting Ver and Incog.

If anyone wants an amusing read, take a look at around page 66 and on for all of us trying to bait curu to say his bomb trigger :p
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 23 2011 14:21 GMT
#1673
Its extremely difficult to balance a game with 32 blues. Mafia needed to have some pretty powerful roles or things would have spiraled out of hand had some things gone the other way. For example, imagine some combination of LSB's vig shot going through day one, the list checker invention given to a town who wasn't role blocked, a successful medic protection on Foolishness, a witch brings Meapak back to life, ghrur shoots pandain instead of kurumi or a information role coming up red. Town had some pretty strong roles too and out of all those kp, the only one that went through was Jackal's attempted suicide on sandroba, which accidentally killed syllo.


2 shot vig that only kills scum
nurfed inventor
conditional vig
role claim vig
rng tracker + watcher + day 1 bulletproof
mass mason
day vig
dt + 3 person mason
vote rigger
multishot conditional assassin
witch
double vote + bodyguard
role cop
conditional vig
inventor after twin sac
vet + dodge one lynch
admiral akbar
conditional vig + mason
medic
politician
conditional vote rigger


I think the biggest problem was there never was a time where someone could push a lynch or punish someone for being scummy. Day one we had the aidnai fake red check, day two bum randomly throws a nuke at chez, day three we have a red check, and day four was rigged. With such a high mafia kp, town really needed to hit at least a couple of scum during the first two cycles. People can't be allowed to have 10 posts by endgame. I'm not sure what the solution to this would have been, besides continuously hounding them or threatening vig shots.

The roles were pretty imaginative and did a good job matching the personalities. Perhaps, rather thing forcing post restrictions on people, give some suggestions and encourage, but not require it. I can see how the framing role can be pretty frustrating for town. Perhaps a no flip or night action only modification would have worked out better. Other than maybe a limit on the number of bombs Barundar could use, mafia roles seemed reasonable. I liked that fact that we were given a suicide bomber and role thief in order to counteract any insanely strong town powers or role claimers.

Just curious, did I get the forced role claim + role thief power since they were both of the roles I made for PTP/PTP2 or was that just a really big coincidence :p

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 23 2011 15:10 GMT
#1679
On August 23 2011 23:23 Curu wrote:
Oh I just realized the Traitor was unlynchable and gave the Mafia 1 KP and a mislynch too.

-_-


Traitor also could never be recruited so we if accidentally shot him, he died. We got one guess in order to communicate with him and we were looking for a Fishball, but we ended up going with tnkted because of this:

You are Showtime!

Enter a deal with the mafia from day 1 to act with them and be converted. Successfully enter the town's blue circle and subvert control over everyone, effectively winning the game on your own. Get vigi'ed by a crazed townie before you are converted and lose.


We were kinda hoping he would just jump on a lynch one of the days, but I understand what BC was thinking, being worried about accidentally getting a scum lynched.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 23 2011 16:35 GMT
#1683
On August 24 2011 01:28 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
You as a team were retarded, and you failed to find me once.


Not our fault we can't distinguish your town play from your traitor play <3
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 24 2011 03:15 GMT
#1709
Another smaller game with a tighter leash on lurkers would definitely be fun. Something else that should probably be steered away from in future games were the rivalry-type roles. They are nice for flavor, but the mechanics rarely seem to work out. The day one lynch was essentially decided before the game started when Kav and aidnai both attacked each other because of their role pm's. Jackal was forced to unnaturally push kurumi to be lynched, even though he probably had a town read and had nothing to gain for actually following his restriction. It might work out if one is town and one is scum, but that is a fairly serious nerf to the scum member. In general, any roles that require people to do things, but not be allowed to explain why, seem really unnatural.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 548
Railgan 64
MindelVK 29
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 67045
Calm 10812
Bisu 2401
FanTaSy 1152
Stork 731
soO 418
Rush 360
firebathero 223
Snow 176
Last 143
[ Show more ]
Mind 97
Light 95
hero 79
Sharp 79
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 56
Free 46
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 38
Sexy 35
Bale 33
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Rock 10
Sacsri 9
Shine 9
Noble 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Terrorterran 7
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1087
Counter-Strike
fl0m3183
byalli848
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
gofns31693
singsing2435
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi570
Beastyqt313
Pyrionflax243
Happy151
Hui .122
Mlord120
Khaldor26
Chillindude16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV246
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV526
League of Legends
• Jankos3080
• Nemesis2897
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1362
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 39m
OSC
9h 39m
Replay Cast
9h 39m
OSC
22h 39m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.