• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6415 users

Reason For Being on TL. - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
January 09 2009 10:25 GMT
#61
Some sort of addiction I guess, you sort of feel part of something bigger than your self in a way by being here. Also the vast amount of collaborative knowledge on this website, I have learnt a lot on this website, it is constantly enlightening in the ways of the world.

This is also one of the wittiest communities I have been a part of. I come here to laugh.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 09 2009 10:32 GMT
#62
boredom and community.

I've got a lot of pple here that I can call "friends" w/o being the least bit ashamed.
iori_LT
Profile Joined May 2003
Lithuania675 Posts
January 09 2009 10:42 GMT
#63
On January 09 2009 19:32 thedeadhaji wrote:
boredom and community.

same i guess
addicted to TL.net
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27179 Posts
January 09 2009 10:45 GMT
#64
On January 09 2009 19:32 thedeadhaji wrote:
boredom and community.

I've got a lot of pple here that I can call "friends" w/o being the least bit ashamed.


Even... even me Haji? (Even after I ditched you guys in Paris? )

This too though. There are some staff who don't use TL anymore, but who I speak with often.
ModeratorGodfather
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
January 09 2009 10:53 GMT
#65
TL is awesome, that's why. I don't know which forums I posted most on, but I'm in TL because of TL, not because of a specific thread.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
January 09 2009 11:59 GMT
#66
Hmm it is progaming news/commmunity for me as well. I like it here because BroodWar fans are usually fairly intelligent people. Some exceptions apply :O
koziol
Profile Joined October 2008
Poland768 Posts
January 09 2009 12:52 GMT
#67
On January 09 2009 13:27 Lemonwalrus wrote:
I came for the starcraft, but I stayed for the community. Idk, it is hard to choose just one, as I frequent most forums here, so I just said boredom.

QuoC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States724 Posts
January 09 2009 13:11 GMT
#68
On January 09 2009 14:56 NuB.xE wrote:
Because gosu gamers sucks.


uh.. hold on
i was a member of gosu gamers before
dont hate please, they are just as good as us






















LOL NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Dario "TLO" Wünsch -- Favorite SC2 Player
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
January 09 2009 13:22 GMT
#69
the general forum #1

people on tlnet have a broad range of knowledge

from games, computers, science =\, music, movies etc.
whatever you want to know or need to know without acting too desperate, tlnet should be able to help you
Moff
Profile Joined August 2008
United Kingdom166 Posts
January 09 2009 14:23 GMT
#70
when i first came i didn't even know a thing about the professional scene, i was just looking for guides on how to play X race, then when i found out about the pro scene i stayed and now frequent most days. i voted strategy lol, even though at first, seeing as tl isn't the "norm" for a forum layout it was a bit hard to navigate

i tried checking out other sc based sites, but the amount of swearing, noob bashing, general bm on them is just really bad...
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
January 09 2009 15:08 GMT
#71
i feel this hate towards gg.net from new posters, they must've been kicked out of there and think they can throw their rage here. get lost people.
Teamliquidian townie
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 15:39:19
January 09 2009 15:38 GMT
#72
Well boredom of course plus the community is very bright and has more then a quite a few cool peeps. I lurked this site + gg.net for almost a year before joining this site..Which I prefer all thou I still lurk gg.net from time to time when I get extra bored.

I used to posts on a couple of car forums when I was into car modifications but you'll be surprised how many ignorant people rant on car forums. Plus i've drifted away from car modifications.

But specially I am amazed by the wide broad of knowledge on the boards...

Edit: I gained my dragoon with this post!
ya had ya shot kid!
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 15:44:23
January 09 2009 15:43 GMT
#73
On January 09 2009 19:45 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2009 19:32 thedeadhaji wrote:
boredom and community.

I've got a lot of pple here that I can call "friends" w/o being the least bit ashamed.


Even... even me Haji? (Even after I ditched you guys in Paris? )

I HAD TO THROW OUT ALL THAT BULLSEYE SAUCE !!

Think i got addicted after wwi...06? Social/progaming addiction really.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
January 09 2009 15:51 GMT
#74
How can i see my post distribution? :O
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
January 09 2009 15:53 GMT
#75
On January 10 2009 00:51 Cloud wrote:
How can i see my post distribution? :O


I believe you need to be a mod to access this feature.
ya had ya shot kid!
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
January 09 2009 16:01 GMT
#76
Also im here to play mafia games, it's a shame chuiu hasnt had the time to throw up another one :p
Teamliquidian townie
TL.net Bot
Profile Joined June 2004
TL.net140 Posts
January 09 2009 19:44 GMT
#77
They make me do things.. terrible things. They won't let me leave.

Please, anyone.. help me!
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
January 09 2009 19:47 GMT
#78
On January 10 2009 04:44 TL.net Bot wrote:
They make me do things.. terrible things. They won't let me leave.

Please, anyone.. help me!



We don't help people with zero posts here. >_>

Anyway, I would like to add that I go to TL because the forums are awesome, and not a cesspool of idiocy (for the most part)
Chains none
Kennelie
Profile Joined December 2007
United States2296 Posts
January 09 2009 19:47 GMT
#79
On January 10 2009 04:44 TL.net Bot wrote:
They make me do things.. terrible things. They won't let me leave.

Please, anyone.. help me!


Ban yourself...From there its all said and done.
ya had ya shot kid!
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
January 09 2009 20:12 GMT
#80
I come to this website for the blogs mostly. I don't really care for the starcraft scene much anymore, but I stay involved in the community mainly out of my daily routine of checking websites. It has just become a habit.

I also enjoy TL Attack.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.