• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10312 users

The Halo 2 Thread

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Saltydizzle
Profile Joined July 2011
United States123 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 00:24:08
August 23 2011 00:20 GMT
#1
IMO Best fps of all time. Some of my best gaming moments were spend playing this game. Gameplay is so crisp and clean. When my buddies and I get fucked up and start shittalking, the old Halo 2 comes out to end it. I can remember playing with my buds getting to lvl 43 Team Slayer (no easy task) Although FFA was easily my favorite.
I started this thread thinking about memories, BXR, BXB, double shot, all the things that took skill to a new level. I cannot forget LOCKOUT or MIDSHIP, or ivory tower, some of the most classic maps ever, what a disgrace to remake them... Or Beaver Creek which when the game first came out was the most popular and was truly fun... I wish they would put Halo 2 back online. Oh how I wish..... I spent alot of time of Halo 2 forums in the past. I remember a montage contest. These were the best of them.... So start talking guys, get those memories flowing, post some montages, GLHF.

I can remember every kill, every name, every song of this montage. All against pros... ogres walshy watch the names bros 4:48 so much skill.....Seriously 3 in a row.....


Some of the sickest stickys ever...


GOGOGOGO
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
August 23 2011 00:24 GMT
#2
Just paste the url into your post, it auto-embeds.

Also, I agree with everything. I'm not sure how successful this thread will be, but Halo 2 will always be tied for my favorite FPS of all time (Unreal Tournament GOTY sharing its spot). I've been trying to find old MLG casts on Youtube and can't, and it saddens me
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
August 23 2011 00:27 GMT
#3
Best FPS ever? I think not (TF2 or for the love of God Bioshock or Deus Ex or the next Deus Ex Human Revolution would take that prize) but I see where you're coming from. I have a lot of good memories from playing Halo with my friends--for all its faults, Halo was always a clean and fluid experience with very little downtime.

I mostly played locally (IE not online) with multiple system hookups--that was fun! I can't say I have many memorable moments because I was pretty bad, though getting triple kills with the mongoose was always fun.

Nice montages by the way, fun to watch.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
SaLaYa
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States363 Posts
August 23 2011 00:32 GMT
#4
H2 is the best FPS in my opinion... god I miss it!
Cornell 2014 // eYe_am_SaSsY
Saltydizzle
Profile Joined July 2011
United States123 Posts
August 23 2011 00:45 GMT
#5
On August 23 2011 09:27 jeeeeohn wrote:
Best FPS ever? I think not (TF2 or for the love of God Bioshock or Deus Ex or the next Deus Ex Human Revolution would take that prize) but I see where you're coming from. I have a lot of good memories from playing Halo with my friends--for all its faults, Halo was always a clean and fluid experience with very little downtime.

I mostly played locally (IE not online) with multiple system hookups--that was fun! I can't say I have many memorable moments because I was pretty bad, though getting triple kills with the mongoose was always fun.

Nice montages by the way, fun to watch.


At the time it was released, imo the best. They still own all the sequels imo.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
August 23 2011 00:59 GMT
#6
Oh man I loved h2 so much, I agree with the best fps ever claim. Shame they had to make sequals, even the campaign was great. Most interesting physics engine I've ever had the pleasure of playing around with
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Saltydizzle
Profile Joined July 2011
United States123 Posts
August 23 2011 01:05 GMT
#7
On August 23 2011 09:59 n.DieJokes wrote:
Oh man I loved h2 so much, I agree with the best fps ever claim. Shame they had to make sequals, even the campaign was great. Most interesting physics engine I've ever had the pleasure of playing around with


Yea campaign was great too! Anyone remember the Mission Outskirts! You better it was an early one when the Heli went down, skull on the top left. Hunters come down. You can get on the roof in that map pass all shit.
Dozle
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada147 Posts
August 23 2011 01:08 GMT
#8
>Best fps of all time

I think that is being a little generous (read: Way to generous)
Saltydizzle
Profile Joined July 2011
United States123 Posts
August 23 2011 01:09 GMT
#9
On August 23 2011 10:08 Dozle wrote:
>Best fps of all time

I think that is being a little generous (read: Way to generous)

Did you not see the first set of letters in my post?
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
August 23 2011 01:10 GMT
#10
On August 23 2011 10:08 Dozle wrote:
>Best fps of all time

I think that is being a little generous (read: Way to generous)


It's called an opinion.

It's my favourite FPS of all time. Best game MLG had. Reach might get there eventually but H3 was terrible.
BW4Life!
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 01:16:40
August 23 2011 01:13 GMT
#11
On August 23 2011 10:05 Saltydizzle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 09:59 n.DieJokes wrote:
Oh man I loved h2 so much, I agree with the best fps ever claim. Shame they had to make sequals, even the campaign was great. Most interesting physics engine I've ever had the pleasure of playing around with


Yea campaign was great too! Anyone remember the Mission Outskirts! You better it was an early one when the Heli went down, skull on the top left. Hunters come down. You can get on the roof in that map pass all shit.


Compared to the E3 demo, the invasion of Earth in the actual game was a joke. "Oh they found Earth by accident blah blah" what a load of shit. I wanted to see a full scale invasion of Earth.

And those snipers... why oh why make them insta-kill. The campaign was ok but nothing on H1.

Edit:

Best montage

BW4Life!
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
August 23 2011 01:16 GMT
#12
On August 23 2011 10:05 Saltydizzle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 09:59 n.DieJokes wrote:
Oh man I loved h2 so much, I agree with the best fps ever claim. Shame they had to make sequals, even the campaign was great. Most interesting physics engine I've ever had the pleasure of playing around with


Yea campaign was great too! Anyone remember the Mission Outskirts! You better it was an early one when the Heli went down, skull on the top left. Hunters come down. You can get on the roof in that map pass all shit.


Jackals with Beam Rifles on Legendary.

I'd rather forget Outskirts :p

The hidden sword was pretty cool though!
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
BilltownRunner
Profile Joined July 2010
United States229 Posts
August 23 2011 01:16 GMT
#13
god damn i played so many halo 2 games! Still played it until 4/15/10 when the servers got shut down.

Got to like 46 or so in doubles and mid 40's in TS.

miss that game so much.
LiamTheZerg
Profile Joined March 2011
United States523 Posts
August 23 2011 01:23 GMT
#14
Was the game the best fps of all time? No.

But did it produce the best memories of every fps i've ever played? yes.
Jjakji | Sage | Seal | Shuttle | DongRaeGu | oGsTheSTC | Bomber | Curious | Oz
Zodiac7777
Profile Joined November 2010
81 Posts
August 23 2011 01:37 GMT
#15
Halo 2 was an amazing game i remember i got to level 44 in TS with my friend and we loved every second of it. God great memories.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
August 23 2011 02:20 GMT
#16
It was a great game, and i have many great memories

Did anyone else spend more time in lobby waiting for games in host boxes, than actually playing though?

Stupid cheaters.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
November 02 2014 16:03 GMT
#17
I don't normally necro old threads, but there is a huge 50k ESL Halo 2 tourney on Nov 8.

Some of my old favorite players like Naded, Tsquared and OGRE 2 are going to be playing, it should be amazing.

http://teambeyond.net/master-chief-collection-launch-invitational-rosters-announced/
ramon
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4842 Posts
November 02 2014 17:52 GMT
#18
that is crazy, what is up with all the huge tournament for old games out of nowhere
bisu
Kirsed
Profile Joined May 2013
9381 Posts
November 02 2014 18:18 GMT
#19
On November 03 2014 02:52 ramon wrote:
that is crazy, what is up with all the huge tournament for old games out of nowhere


Halo 2 anniversary comes out this month I think they're going to be playing that version too.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
November 02 2014 18:22 GMT
#20
On November 03 2014 01:03 KillerSOS wrote:
I don't normally necro old threads, but there is a huge 50k ESL Halo 2 tourney on Nov 8.

Some of my old favorite players like Naded, Tsquared and OGRE 2 are going to be playing, it should be amazing.

http://teambeyond.net/master-chief-collection-launch-invitational-rosters-announced/


YES

YES

YESSSSSSSS
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 243
BRAT_OK 101
JuggernautJason57
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 945
Shuttle 700
Zeus 80
Hyun 48
soO 46
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva1928
420jenkins544
Counter-Strike
fl0m5456
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu567
Other Games
Grubby3249
FrodaN930
KnowMe230
Livibee159
Pyrionflax115
QueenE73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick587
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 77
• 3DClanTV 55
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• FirePhoenix35
• 80smullet 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1879
Other Games
• Shiphtur632
• imaqtpie597
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 28m
Patches Events
20h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.