• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8513 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 96 Next
Kikimiki
Profile Joined March 2010
Egypt92 Posts
March 05 2011 20:32 GMT
#281
I am wonder how long till this franchise is milked out, maybe when they reach 1000 Pokemon the pokedex would run out of memory.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 05 2011 20:34 GMT
#282
On March 06 2011 05:32 Kikimiki wrote:
I am wonder how long till this franchise is milked out, maybe when they reach 1000 Pokemon the pokedex would run out of memory.


In my opinion, it'll be awhile because it has several components that are just appealing to a lot of people: competition, collection, simple storyline, creative animals and a positive atmosphere.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-05 20:50:46
March 05 2011 20:46 GMT
#283
Also, pokemon games are part of the shrinking group of games that's actually worth your money in playtime. Even the last games, when I wasn't that interested anymore, it took 40+ hours to just play the campaign, with only a comperatively small part of "grinding". And that's without the numerable collectables and secrets.

I'm not going to buy this generation though, I tried them out and after 4 games it all feels the same now still awesome, but I can replay diamond for free for almost the same feeling. When I used to know all the pokemon the new games really felt new.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-05 21:47:15
March 05 2011 21:46 GMT
#284
On March 06 2011 04:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 04:54 DreamScaR wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm so getting White!

Don't forget to access the Mystery Gift for that Liberty Pass!

I need to find someone around me to transfer my Celebi and Shiny Suicune x_X


I can help you if you need to. I have those already EV and IV Trained on my Platinum, so you don't have to worry about stealing or some shit like that.

The problem is, I just started, haven't even left my first town.


Er what do you mean IV trained?

You can't change IV's O.o

I shipped mine from Amazon and it wont come until the 9th or so...Perfectly fine waiting until then.

Transporting all the pokemon I want to complete the BW pokedex is going to take hours I just know it
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
March 05 2011 21:54 GMT
#285
On March 06 2011 06:46 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 04:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:54 DreamScaR wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm so getting White!

Don't forget to access the Mystery Gift for that Liberty Pass!

I need to find someone around me to transfer my Celebi and Shiny Suicune x_X


I can help you if you need to. I have those already EV and IV Trained on my Platinum, so you don't have to worry about stealing or some shit like that.

The problem is, I just started, haven't even left my first town.


Er what do you mean IV trained?

You can't change IV's O.o

I shipped mine from Amazon and it wont come until the 9th or so...Perfectly fine waiting until then.

Transporting all the pokemon I want to complete the BW pokedex is going to take hours I just know it


I think he means breeding until he has the best IV's, because it is possible to calculate them
JanBanan
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway29 Posts
March 05 2011 21:57 GMT
#286
Great game 150 new pokemon. giving me the feeling of playing the first one. i ahte when new and old pokemon are mixed. love the gfx.
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
March 05 2011 22:05 GMT
#287
If they ever do close off the franchise (which I doubt will EVER happen), they should find a way to combine each and every pokemon game into one massive, epic pokemon game that has every pokemon (500+ by now right?), like 10 different lands, pokemon that go to lvl. 1000 or make it harder to get to lvl. 100, and needs 1000+ hrs. of gameplay to finish.

If only... 8(
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 05 2011 22:22 GMT
#288
On March 06 2011 06:54 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 06:46 Jayme wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:54 DreamScaR wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm so getting White!

Don't forget to access the Mystery Gift for that Liberty Pass!

I need to find someone around me to transfer my Celebi and Shiny Suicune x_X


I can help you if you need to. I have those already EV and IV Trained on my Platinum, so you don't have to worry about stealing or some shit like that.

The problem is, I just started, haven't even left my first town.


Er what do you mean IV trained?

You can't change IV's O.o

I shipped mine from Amazon and it wont come until the 9th or so...Perfectly fine waiting until then.

Transporting all the pokemon I want to complete the BW pokedex is going to take hours I just know it


I think he means breeding until he has the best IV's, because it is possible to calculate them


Yeah, I did. Except legendaries aren't breedable, So in this case, resetting
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
adeezy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1428 Posts
March 05 2011 22:33 GMT
#289
This game has been released in some places in connecticut already, it's been out (the europe version) online, tommorow I'm gonna go cop Black, there's also a buy one get one half off deal in toys r us if you are tryna cop both or if u got a friend. It also comes with some 12 dollar stylun and game holder stuff but who needs that lol
I asked my friend how the ratio at a party was, he replied. "Let's just say for every guy there was two dudes."
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
March 05 2011 22:43 GMT
#290
On March 06 2011 06:54 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 06:46 Jayme wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:54 DreamScaR wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm so getting White!

Don't forget to access the Mystery Gift for that Liberty Pass!

I need to find someone around me to transfer my Celebi and Shiny Suicune x_X


I can help you if you need to. I have those already EV and IV Trained on my Platinum, so you don't have to worry about stealing or some shit like that.

The problem is, I just started, haven't even left my first town.


Er what do you mean IV trained?

You can't change IV's O.o

I shipped mine from Amazon and it wont come until the 9th or so...Perfectly fine waiting until then.

Transporting all the pokemon I want to complete the BW pokedex is going to take hours I just know it


I think he means breeding until he has the best IV's, because it is possible to calculate them

I think he means ev training
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 05 2011 22:46 GMT
#291
On March 06 2011 07:43 Scaramanga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 06:54 Wesso wrote:
On March 06 2011 06:46 Jayme wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:54 DreamScaR wrote:
On March 06 2011 04:45 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm so getting White!

Don't forget to access the Mystery Gift for that Liberty Pass!

I need to find someone around me to transfer my Celebi and Shiny Suicune x_X


I can help you if you need to. I have those already EV and IV Trained on my Platinum, so you don't have to worry about stealing or some shit like that.

The problem is, I just started, haven't even left my first town.


Er what do you mean IV trained?

You can't change IV's O.o

I shipped mine from Amazon and it wont come until the 9th or so...Perfectly fine waiting until then.

Transporting all the pokemon I want to complete the BW pokedex is going to take hours I just know it


I think he means breeding until he has the best IV's, because it is possible to calculate them

I think he means ev training


I mean both
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Dark-Storm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada334 Posts
March 05 2011 22:51 GMT
#292
Just to get a perfect Pupitar i had to breed almost 40 of them to get the max IV, and then EV trained mine, and it has Dragon Dance. after 1st turn it always attacks first and can mostly 1 shot/ or 2 shot anything.

It's such a pain to get the best IV.
I don't have Pet Peeves. I have Major psychotic Fucking Hatreds
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 05 2011 22:53 GMT
#293
On March 06 2011 07:51 Dark-Storm wrote:
Just to get a perfect Pupitar i had to breed almost 40 of them to get the max IV, and then EV trained mine, and it has Dragon Dance. after 1st turn it always attacks first and can mostly 1 shot/ or 2 shot anything.

It's such a pain to get the best IV.


999:59 hours on Pearl
over 500 hours on Platinum
I know the feeling man.

My high-school life went down the tube lol
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Helluva
Profile Joined September 2010
United States651 Posts
March 05 2011 23:04 GMT
#294
I wish they would add Pokemon for iPod/iTouch/iPad :/
<3
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
March 05 2011 23:07 GMT
#295
On March 06 2011 08:04 Helluva wrote:
I wish they would add Pokemon for iPod/iTouch/iPad :/

Your game would crash whenever a pokemon uses flash.
( ・´ー・`)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 05 2011 23:09 GMT
#296
On March 06 2011 08:07 prototype. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 08:04 Helluva wrote:
I wish they would add Pokemon for iPod/iTouch/iPad :/

Your game would crash whenever a pokemon uses flash.


Winning comment of the year!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
March 05 2011 23:25 GMT
#297
Just got this game, sooo much better than D/P.
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
March 05 2011 23:27 GMT
#298
On March 06 2011 08:07 prototype. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 08:04 Helluva wrote:
I wish they would add Pokemon for iPod/iTouch/iPad :/

Your game would crash whenever a pokemon uses flash.


lol Awesome! I almost spit my coffee out over my keyboard.
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 05 2011 23:37 GMT
#299
The game comes out in the US tomorrow, but why did it already come out in Europe? Europe is supposed to get all the games like six months after the US > : (
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
March 05 2011 23:39 GMT
#300
On March 06 2011 07:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 07:51 Dark-Storm wrote:
Just to get a perfect Pupitar i had to breed almost 40 of them to get the max IV, and then EV trained mine, and it has Dragon Dance. after 1st turn it always attacks first and can mostly 1 shot/ or 2 shot anything.

It's such a pain to get the best IV.


999:59 hours on Pearl
over 500 hours on Platinum
I know the feeling man.

My high-school life went down the tube lol


Almost 800 hours on HeartGold, so depressing. I think I'm maxed out on Emerald too. ai ya

I have a perfectly IV'd Salamence though, so it's not all for nothing.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason92
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 182
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 760
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9712
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1688
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5638
Liquid`RaSZi5420
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo292
Pyrionflax139
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS116
ZombieGrub100
IndyStarCraft 88
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV378
League of Legends
• TFBlade1146
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.