• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8582 users

[Interview] Code S Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-02 07:09:59
December 02 2012 07:02 GMT
#1
(Z)MVP_Sniper

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

This is the first GSL championship that you've taken in your career. Please begin by telling us your thoughts.

I don't think I've ever felt as happy as I did after I won. I don't feel all that emotional about taking the tournament, but I'm incredibly glad that I was able to persevere through and win the difficult final set.

You've played in the semifinals and finals within two consecutive days. How did you prepare for your matches?

Because I had to play two matches in a row, I felt that I had to focus on my fundamentals. I prepared for my games solely by practicing on ladder.

How did you feel when you allowed your opponent to make a comeback while you were ahead and take the series to match point?

Because I hadn't lost to all-ins but was defeated in macro games, I was very uneasy. But while I did feel nervous because I was being put under pressure in macro games, I never gave up hope that I could win.

You largely forewent Mutalisks during today's match. Was there a reason for this?

Because I mentioned Mutalisks during my post-semifinal interview, I believed that my opponent would become wary of Mutalisk play, so I decided to refrain from using Mutalisks on purpose.

What advice did DongRaeGu give you during the middle of the match?

DongRaeGu and my manager said many things to me, but now that I think about it, I can't really remember what they told me. I know for sure that it was helpful to me, but I can't recall what they said.

With this GSL victory, do you think that you've created an opportunity for yourself to surpass DongRaeGu?

When I watched DongRaeGu-hyung play in the IPL, I got the feeling that I still have a long way to go.

How did you feel when the foreign crowd began to chant "Sniper", your ID?

Even up to now, I haven't been all that popular. I hadn't been cheered on like that even once while I was in Korea, so I felt great.

Through today's victory, do you think that you have become the world's best Zerg?

I'm not sure that I'm at that level yet, but I've gained a lot of confidence in my skills.

Zerg has been very strong lately, so aren't you worried that people will think that you won because you play Zerg rather than because of your own skills?

I think that that's actually true (laughs). I did state that Terran players were shameless during yesterday's post-semifinal interview, but I just wanted to try saying it once, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.

Do you think that taking next season's Code S tournament will be an easy or a difficult path?

With this championship victory, I've become filled with confidence. I feel that if I want to avoid being called a bubble player [i.e. a one-hit wonder], I'll have to make it high up again.

During the past two Code S seasons, you were knocked out from the Round of 32 twice. Did something happen [that let you advance further this time]?

I became able to believe in myself because of all of the advice that Killer-hyung gave me. I think that was the most important thing for me.

With today's victory, you've earned a spot in the GSL Grand Finals. Around what kind of results do you think you'll achieve?

I haven't been able to check which players are participating yet. If I practice hard, I think I can reach a sufficiently high spot.

What are your goals as a professional gamer from now on?

My goal is to win a lot of championships, of course. I haven't decided on a number, but I want to achieve results that I can be satisfied with.

Please tell us any last words that you may have.

I'm thankful to my manager, who went through a lot of trouble to accompany and take care of me. I'm also thankful to my teammates for motivating me and practicing hard with me. I'm grateful to my parents, my immediate family, and my other relatives for always cheering me on and caring for me. Finally, I want to send my thanks to my team's sponsors, GOMTV and Lotte Chilsung, as well as my our partners, MYM and Wayi Spider.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
nAgeDitto
Profile Joined April 2011
United States428 Posts
December 02 2012 07:05 GMT
#2
Killer/Sangho doing awesome things for his team :D
Thanks for the post
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
December 02 2012 07:05 GMT
#3
Wow, I've missed the final totally... I didnt realised anything..

And my liquibet 0-2 from start. I bet all terran.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
December 02 2012 07:05 GMT
#4
Whoa, Sniper saying that was all for fun to drum up interest?
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 02 2012 07:07 GMT
#5
Thanks for this!
Refer to my post.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-02 07:09:09
December 02 2012 07:08 GMT
#6
thanks woz!

You largely forewent Mutalisks during today's match. Was there a reason for this?

Because I mentioned Mutalisks during my post-semifinal interview, I believed that my opponent would become wary of Mutalisk play, so I decided to refrain from using Mutalisks on purpose.


mindgames haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
December 02 2012 07:11 GMT
#7

Zerg has been very strong lately, so aren't you worried that people will think that you won because you play Zerg rather than because of your own skills?

I think that that's actually true (laughs). I did state that Terran players were shameless during yesterday's post-semifinal interview, but I just wanted to try saying it once, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.



So he was just trolling. Count me as a fan! xD
MirageTaN
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore871 Posts
December 02 2012 07:13 GMT
#8
Ever since Killer joined MVP , MVP has had lots of success.Finals of GSTL and a GSL champion
MVP and Sniper fighting!
#TLWIN TI7, TLDota BEST TL
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
December 02 2012 07:14 GMT
#9
Waiting for sniper to just destroy everyone in close matches at the GSL world final while we all root for him to go down.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 02 2012 07:17 GMT
#10
Congrats to Sniper, MiniDRG no longer.

DRG can be MiniSniper.

I just hope him winning the whole thing doesn't ruin his villain reputation, it's fun.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
December 02 2012 07:18 GMT
#11
On December 02 2012 16:11 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +

Zerg has been very strong lately, so aren't you worried that people will think that you won because you play Zerg rather than because of your own skills?

I think that that's actually true (laughs). I did state that Terran players were shameless during yesterday's post-semifinal interview, but I just wanted to try saying it once, so I hope that there are no misunderstandings.



So he was just trolling. Count me as a fan! xD


Maybe he was trolling. But I also think that it was just heat of the moment response to Ryung's action as well. So maybe after a day has past, Sniper felt he went overboard a bit with his comments.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 02 2012 07:21 GMT
#12
On December 02 2012 16:17 Dodgin wrote:
Congrats to Sniper, MiniDRG no longer.

DRG can be MiniSniper.

I just hope him winning the whole thing doesn't ruin his villain reputation, it's fun.

There will always be a villain in the GSL. with Heart in Code B for the moment I think Sniper will stay as the villain until we find someone else.
Congrats on your GSL championship Sniper!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
December 02 2012 07:24 GMT
#13
On December 02 2012 16:17 Dodgin wrote:
Congrats to Sniper, MiniDRG no longer.

DRG can be MiniSniper.

I just hope him winning the whole thing doesn't ruin his villain reputation, it's fun.

Instead of minDRG he can be himself now.
#TheOneTrueDong
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
December 02 2012 07:24 GMT
#14
I'll have a more complete version up soon ~_~
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
December 02 2012 07:38 GMT
#15
Haha looks like I called it

On December 01 2012 21:39 Hall0wed wrote:
Sniper confirmed in his interview that he will not use any mutalisk builds vs Hyun lol.



Also love that Sangho is helping MVP this much and getting so much credit from all the players, I hope he is getting paid some for his role in the team. The team even reached the GSTL finals with his help so he definitely should get some dough.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
December 02 2012 07:59 GMT
#16
Lol I wonder which comment claimed more victims in terms of bans and warnings - Ryung's Imba Imba or Sniper's Shameless Terrans.

They both seemed very potent
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
December 02 2012 08:01 GMT
#17
On December 02 2012 16:38 Hall0wed wrote:
Haha looks like I called it

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 21:39 Hall0wed wrote:
Sniper confirmed in his interview that he will not use any mutalisk builds vs Hyun lol.



Also love that Sangho is helping MVP this much and getting so much credit from all the players, I hope he is getting paid some for his role in the team. The team even reached the GSTL finals with his help so he definitely should get some dough.


GUESS WHO ASKED THAT QUESTION FOR YOU
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
December 02 2012 08:15 GMT
#18
closed cuz we were actually there this time thank god
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM883
TaKeTV 339
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason22
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 17
Nathanias 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 137
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo449
ArmadaUGS150
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr50
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.