• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:52
CEST 01:52
KST 08:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8298 users

[SONGS] Two new songs from blAke and your opinion!

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
blAke139
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Switzerland199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 11:58:22
October 10 2011 18:35 GMT
#1
Hi there guys.

I think some of you may already know me. I am the guy who made the song about the Marine that lost his GF and the song about StarCraft and its community.
Still some of you may need a short introduction: My name is blAke and I am a "rapper" from Switzerland. Because I love StarCraft 2 I make songs about it (oh i'm such a nerd). Anyways, nuff said.

As the title says I made some new songs (two, to be specific). They are not yet mastered perfectly, but before I put even more effort in it, I want your opinion.

I want to make a cool video for one of those songs. I can't decide which one, they are totally different.

So here are the two songs:

blAke - Sacrifice (Original Gaming Song)
I recorded this song today and it is not yet mastered correctly (as you might hear). It is a song about gaming, not StarCraft 2 in general, but still, I think it is relevant enough.

blAke - VIP (Original StarCraft Song)

That is more of a funny song, with a clip it would be eventually. Please forgive me for the last part that sounds like I swallowed a whole frog family, it would make sense if you would know the concept for that clip (that I already made for both songs) :-P

LYRICS TO THE SONGS
Lyrics for Sacrifice
+ Show Spoiler +

she looked at me, i’ve seen her thoughts in her eyes
maybe she can’t really understand it even though she tries
so I, asked myself, how to tell it otherwise
that she can feel what I feel when I reach out for the skies

alright: “what I do is not just playing a game.
what I do is being proud and not just living in shame
it is not just a hobby, it is not just a phase
it is having fun, enjoying live just every fuckin day
It’s my way. It’s interacting, socializing, challenge.
it’s messing with a friend on xel naga caverns
it is esports, it’s suspense, it’s winning and failing
it’s sharing, it’s caring, it’s training, it’s gaming
it is a passion I have, I won’t change that for nothing
when I play with some friends its like the whole world is stopping
I’m huffing when you tell me that I am a freak
fascination for sports is just something antique
for me that’s unique, for you that seems weak
when I play every day every weak so to speak
it’s just me, I’m a geek, that is something I keep
And believe me, that game goes deeper than deep

REFRAIN
It’s not a sacrifice
not a god damn joke
we’re not bad at life
we’re not god damn broke
we’re a union of souls
a union that rolls
we are people with heart we are people with goals
we don’t sacrifice a great part of life
and i really really don’t wanna be at strife
it is what I do
and I love it too
even if that may seem strange to you

i tell her just listen, you would really be surprised
about all the excitement these people can’t hide
they shine when they talk about their games and their passion
they just want understanding, they don’t need your compassion
that’s the same thing with me, I won’t hide who I am, never
just because those stereotypes say I am lesser
I am clever, but I would never declare me as something better
just because you like something I don’t or whoever
I endeavour to tell people that gaming is good
there are friendships developed that usually never would
cause when two people meet in a game they are equal
nobody cares for your color we’re all people
it’s evil that a lot still think we’re asocial
where else do you just meet strangers and get vocal
we’re in total isolation, that is what you believe
you are clearly mistaken, NOT in the least

REFRAIN

you see, every man is different
some are just lazy and others are diligent
some like dogs, others like pigeons
some do not and others believe in religions
I like to play with some friends on a LAN
I like to embrace the person that I am
I don’t care what those people say don’t care why they try to hate
as long as they let me play my favourite game
I am what I am, I hope you like me for that
and don’t judge me for something that society lacks
fun, passion, friendship, goals
just enjoying your free time as a whole
you control what you like, and what you don’t
but if you never ever try how do you know it’s a no
there are a lot of people out there that feel there are holes
in their souls but they don’t know the reason for those
some find cure in a simple hobby like that
others, have more problems and don’t know where they’re at
we, take our controllers or the mouse on the mat
start the game, play on and there is no more lack

REFRAIN


Lyrics for VIP:
+ Show Spoiler +
I’m the VIP, Very important protoss
my play is expensive, yours is low cost
oh baws, i’m gonna crush your face
forcefielding your ramp and then crush your base
that is not just a matter of my race these days
I’m just better than you, that means you’re disgraced
you misplaced you’re army like a bronze noob boy
i’m really freaking sure that you are unemployed
come on, throw your units right in to mine
i need six supply to own yours combined
suck my blue sword until you resign
consider my style refined fo long time
the truth may be hard to understand sometimes
but this here is pretty clear, I am not surprised
you can’t beat the VIP if you’re playin in a straight-line
I recommend cheats or go watch a little day9
nobody can kill me in that oldschool way I
better my styles and gain even more playtime
hey fine, I think i got to go
own another noob on ladder like a fuckin pro

REFRAIN
This game of you is so lost
I am the VIP
very important protoss
that’s how they callin me
they sayin i am so boss
you go all in I see
but don’t think that you just get a win for free
who’s gonna win you’ll see, yeah you’re right it’s me

pewpewpew, I shoot with my lasers
blink into your bases while wearing a blazer
my razor sharp blades, you see there are shades
my DTs come mate, you see your hopes fade
i'm a zealot, a stalker, a sentry, a void
me, i'm immortal, against me, you're broiled
I’m made of steel, I am the VIP
you don’t mess with me, if you’re not so OP
or terran, yeah you’re right I said it
and I will go now and whine about terran on reddit
I won’t give any credit to your play at all
it doesn’t deserves any, go play with yo balls
ha, my archons will mess you up, run
after-game I will be like “sup son?”
I erased your color, from the map, you’re done
for me, that’s really serious it ain’t no fun, hu.

REFRAIN

blink to your nat, put on a hat
blinking right back, killing your tech
that is what I do every day, stealin your points
you’re roach/hydra combo certainly dissapoints
you can move fast, but where is your DPS
you’ll have complaints like this player of EG has
come on, is that all that you got
you had one chance, one shot, and now you lost
haha

I like my hat

REFRAIN (2x normal, 1x stupid)



Soooo. Tell me what you think TeamLiquidiants. If you don't like it, don't tell me, or I might freak out and run in circles.

You'll find my other two songs right here:
My YouTube Channel!

Also, because everybody does that:
Follow me on Twitter!
I never used that for this, but if I get enough followers, I may use it more serious

Thank you for your time and have a good one!

TL:DR; Two new songs, click the links, listen and vote!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll: Which song do you like better?

Sacrifice (Original Gaming Song) (19)
 
68%

VIP (Original StarCraft 2 Song) (9)
 
32%

28 total votes

Your vote: Which song do you like better?

(Vote): Sacrifice (Original Gaming Song)
(Vote): VIP (Original StarCraft 2 Song)




Poll: For which song would you like a music video more?

for Sacrifice! (24)
 
75%

for VIP! (4)
 
13%

for none you noob! (4)
 
13%

32 total votes

Your vote: For which song would you like a music video more?

(Vote): for Sacrifice!
(Vote): for VIP!
(Vote): for none you noob!

Check out my original SC2 Songs: http://www.youtube.com/user/blAkeMusic4Life
Opec
Profile Joined June 2011
42 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 18:48:25
October 10 2011 18:45 GMT
#2
The beat on sacrifice is great. I'd definetly say it's the best one of the two.

Edit: Your voice really reminds me of Athene in this by the way. Just thought it was funny.
Piou
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium415 Posts
October 10 2011 19:01 GMT
#3
i love "Sacrifice, it tells a story that a lot of us can identify to i guess
http://www.youtube.com/PiouStarcraft - http://www.facebook.com/pioustarcraft
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
October 10 2011 19:08 GMT
#4
Can anyone post the lyrics here? I can't check YouTube at work but I can't wait to read what it's about either! XD

Thanks!
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
blAke139
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Switzerland199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 19:22:02
October 10 2011 19:19 GMT
#5
Lyrics for Sacrifice
+ Show Spoiler +

she looked at me, i’ve seen her thoughts in her eyes
maybe she can’t really understand it even though she tries
so I, asked myself, how to tell it otherwise
that she can feel what I feel when I reach out for the skies

alright: “what I do is not just playing a game.
what I do is being proud and not just living in shame
it is not just a hobby, it is not just a phase
it is having fun, enjoying live just every fuckin day
It’s my way. It’s interacting, socializing, challenge.
it’s messing with a friend on xel naga caverns
it is esports, it’s suspense, it’s winning and failing
it’s sharing, it’s caring, it’s training, it’s gaming
it is a passion I have, I won’t change that for nothing
when I play with some friends its like the whole world is stopping
I’m huffing when you tell me that I am a freak
fascination for sports is just something antique
for me that’s unique, for you that seems weak
when I play every day every weak so to speak
it’s just me, I’m a geek, that is something I keep
And believe me, that game goes deeper than deep

REFRAIN
It’s not a sacrifice
not a god damn joke
we’re not bad at life
we’re not god damn broke
we’re a union of souls
a union that rolls
we are people with heart we are people with goals
we don’t sacrifice a great part of life
and i really really don’t wanna be at strife
it is what I do
and I love it too
even if that may seem strange to you

i tell her just listen, you would really be surprised
about all the excitement these people can’t hide
they shine when they talk about their games and their passion
they just want understanding, they don’t need your compassion
that’s the same thing with me, I won’t hide who I am, never
just because those stereotypes say I am lesser
I am clever, but I would never declare me as something better
just because you like something I don’t or whoever
I endeavour to tell people that gaming is good
there are friendships developed that usually never would
cause when two people meet in a game they are equal
nobody cares for your color we’re all people
it’s evil that a lot still think we’re asocial
where else do you just meet strangers and get vocal
we’re in total isolation, that is what you believe
you are clearly mistaken, NOT in the least

REFRAIN

you see, every man is different
some are just lazy and others are diligent
some like dogs, others like pigeons
some do not and others believe in religions
I like to play with some friends on a LAN
I like to embrace the person that I am
I don’t care what those people say don’t care why they try to hate
as long as they let me play my favourite game
I am what I am, I hope you like me for that
and don’t judge me for something that society lacks
fun, passion, friendship, goals
just enjoying your free time as a whole
you control what you like, and what you don’t
but if you never ever try how do you know it’s a no
there are a lot of people out there that feel there are holes
in their souls but they don’t know the reason for those
some find cure in a simple hobby like that
others, have more problems and don’t know where they’re at
we, take our controllers or the mouse on the mat
start the game, play on and there is no more lack

REFRAIN


Lyrics for VIP:
+ Show Spoiler +
I’m the VIP, Very important protoss
my play is expensive, yours is low cost
oh baws, i’m gonna crush your face
forcefielding your ramp and then crush your base
that is not just a matter of my race these days
I’m just better than you, that means you’re disgraced
you misplaced you’re army like a bronze noob boy
i’m really freaking sure that you are unemployed
come on, throw your units right in to mine
i need six supply to own yours combined
suck my blue sword until you resign
consider my style refined fo long time
the truth may be hard to understand sometimes
but this here is pretty clear, I am not surprised
you can’t beat the VIP if you’re playin in a straight-line
I recommend cheats or go watch a little day9
nobody can kill me in that oldschool way I
better my styles and gain even more playtime
hey fine, I think i got to go
own another noob on ladder like a fuckin pro

REFRAIN
This game of you is so lost
I am the VIP
very important protoss
that’s how they callin me
they sayin i am so boss
you go all in I see
but don’t think that you just get a win for free
who’s gonna win you’ll see, yeah you’re right it’s me

pewpewpew, I shoot with my lasers
blink into your bases while wearing a blazer
my razor sharp blades, you see there are shades
my DTs come mate, you see your hopes fade
i'm a zealot, a stalker, a sentry, a void
me, i'm immortal, against me, you're broiled
I’m made of steel, I am the VIP
you don’t mess with me, if you’re not so OP
or terran, yeah you’re right I said it
and I will go now and whine about terran on reddit
I won’t give any credit to your play at all
it doesn’t deserves any, go play with yo balls
ha, my archons will mess you up, run
after-game I will be like “sup son?”
I erased your color, from the map, you’re done
for me, that’s really serious it ain’t no fun, hu.

REFRAIN

blink to your nat, put on a hat
blinking right back, killing your tech
that is what I do every day, stealin your points
you’re roach/hydra combo certainly dissapoints
you can move fast, but where is your DPS
you’ll have complaints like this player of EG has
come on, is that all that you got
you had one chance, one shot, and now you lost
haha

I like my hat

REFRAIN (2x normal, 1x stupid)
Check out my original SC2 Songs: http://www.youtube.com/user/blAkeMusic4Life
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
October 10 2011 19:40 GMT
#6
Blake, the sacrifice lyrics is amazing... It's emotional to say the least... Great work dude.
Maybe I'll message you to have some video done with PT-BR subtitles.

"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
October 10 2011 19:41 GMT
#7
I like the lyrics better for Sacrifice, however I would rather want a video with VIP.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
October 10 2011 19:45 GMT
#8
Really REALLY good stuff! VIP is EXTREMELY good!

I rather have audio than half-arsed music videos honestly; if you make a music video better make it good otherwise it drags down a good song :p
England will fight to the last American
Spray
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States402 Posts
October 10 2011 19:48 GMT
#9
I swear you are athene!!!
HuK Fighting~~!
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
October 10 2011 19:52 GMT
#10
I really really dig the lyrics of sacrifice, great job their <3
Thugh you should turn VIP into a video, way easier.
blAke139
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Switzerland199 Posts
October 10 2011 20:12 GMT
#11
Haha, I am not Athene
Check out my original SC2 Songs: http://www.youtube.com/user/blAkeMusic4Life
Gorg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany261 Posts
October 10 2011 20:33 GMT
#12
great work once again. thx supporting esports in your own way with this.
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
October 10 2011 20:39 GMT
#13
very talented
http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
DertoQq
Profile Joined October 2010
France906 Posts
October 10 2011 21:04 GMT
#14
I like your voice. But idk, I liked "what up" better. However, it's still better than most of the others song people are doing ^_^

keep up the good work.
"i've made some empty promises in my life, but hands down that was the most generous" - Michael Scott
blAke139
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Switzerland199 Posts
October 11 2011 05:32 GMT
#15
On October 11 2011 06:04 DertoQq wrote:
I like your voice. But idk, I liked "what up" better. However, it's still better than most of the others song people are doing ^_^

keep up the good work.


Even if that sounds kinda cocky: I love "What up", I am really proud of that song
I really try hard to get another song on the same level
Check out my original SC2 Songs: http://www.youtube.com/user/blAkeMusic4Life
nimm2
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland2 Posts
October 11 2011 06:34 GMT
#16
Thanks for these songs! I'd love to have a nice fondue now!
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 12:46:48
October 11 2011 06:53 GMT
#17
I am not a fan of VIP, but Sacrifice alright, better than most of those terrible sc2 parodies people like to make, at least ^_^
blAke139
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Switzerland199 Posts
October 11 2011 11:57 GMT
#18
On October 11 2011 15:34 nimm2 wrote:
Thanks for these songs! I'd love to have a nice fondue now!

I don't like fondue ;(
Check out my original SC2 Songs: http://www.youtube.com/user/blAkeMusic4Life
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
October 11 2011 15:03 GMT
#19
RAP again -_-
Nachtwind
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1130 Posts
October 11 2011 15:21 GMT
#20
Schweizer Curse of sc2 rap
i just came :drool:
invisible tetris level master
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10065
Rain 653
Artosis 471
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4112
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor995
Other Games
summit1g9938
shahzam698
JimRising 563
Day[9].tv529
PiGStarcraft177
C9.Mang096
ArmadaUGS95
NeuroSwarm68
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Scarra564
• Day9tv529
• Shiphtur188
Upcoming Events
OSC
8m
CranKy Ducklings0
Stellar Fest
13h 8m
OSC
22h 8m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.