• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:04
CEST 18:04
KST 01:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8375 users

[MSL] Quarterfinal A - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 52 53 54 Next
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
February 25 2009 22:22 GMT
#21
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0

cw)minsean(ru
SayTT
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden2158 Posts
February 25 2009 22:23 GMT
#22
I don't know if I can watch this match live, my nerves might explode
-,-
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 25 2009 22:23 GMT
#23
The mutalisks of Kim Myung Eun make-up the army of hell itself.

Unless sAviOr pulls some genius shit he will get raped.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 25 2009 22:24 GMT
#24
On February 26 2009 07:22 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0



Get 'Er Done Kickass Cuban Gangster is his new nickname.
RIP Aaliyah
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
February 25 2009 22:24 GMT
#25
On February 26 2009 07:22 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0


Savior is actually a better player than he was in 2005-2007. He's just playing against players with much better mechanics (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, etc.). So, he has to make up for that with his game sense, which will be minimalized by the ZvZ matchup. Zero really isn't better than Savior at ZvZ imo, so that's why I think Savior will win.
Dgtl
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada889 Posts
February 25 2009 22:26 GMT
#26
Crap I won't be able to watch live I hope these games are good. I enjoy ZvZ but only in WL or ro16 and lower. I don't think that ZvZ is good for important games like ro8's, ro4's and finals they are too short and are too much of a rock, paper, scissor MU.
^______________^
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
February 25 2009 22:29 GMT
#27
If GGPlay was still CJ Zero would have nobody. NOBODY! Let's hope Savior takes this 3-0. No point having an epicly drawn out zvz bo5 imo. I just want Savior in semis!
KT_Violet
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 25 2009 22:31 GMT
#28
On February 26 2009 07:24 3 Lions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:22 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0


Savior is actually a better player than he was in 2005-2007. He's just playing against players with much better mechanics (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, etc.). So, he has to make up for that with his game sense, which will be minimalized by the ZvZ matchup. Zero really isn't better than Savior at ZvZ imo, so that's why I think Savior will win.


He actually has some pretty ridiculous micro ability, it's his late-game multi-task that suffers.


RIP Aaliyah
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
February 25 2009 22:33 GMT
#29
On February 26 2009 07:22 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0



I don't know if it is just a shadow, I mean he did win 9 in a row.
Also, when he beat Bisu and Leta he played down right amazing.
But yeah, he isn't quite up to the standard he set before.

Does anyone really think though that he is a favorite to win the MSL? Not that I wouldn't make love to a man for it to happen, but some other players look really tough.
DarkIce101
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada2 Posts
February 25 2009 22:35 GMT
#30
Hey everybody, I'm new to this site and was wondering what time this tourney will be streamed live. Or have I already missed it? It gets confusing with the time difference since I'm in Atlantic Canada. Thanks!
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-25 22:37:02
February 25 2009 22:36 GMT
#31
On February 26 2009 07:35 DarkIce101 wrote:
Hey everybody, I'm new to this site and was wondering what time this tourney will be streamed live. Or have I already missed it? It gets confusing with the time difference since I'm in Atlantic Canada. Thanks!

It will be streamed at 4:30 on the North American east coast.

edit: in the morning, just for clarification
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-25 22:42:18
February 25 2009 22:39 GMT
#32
On February 26 2009 07:35 DarkIce101 wrote:
Hey everybody, I'm new to this site and was wondering what time this tourney will be streamed live. Or have I already missed it? It gets confusing with the time difference since I'm in Atlantic Canada. Thanks!


hey, TL's time is set to Korean Standard Tim (KST) but you can set your own time zone by clicking on "Time" (top right corner)

edit : or not ? It seemed to work in the past :[
Terran & Potato Salad.
Odies
Profile Joined July 2003
Denmark275 Posts
February 25 2009 22:40 GMT
#33
Savior is gonna 3-0 this easy
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
February 25 2009 22:40 GMT
#34
On February 26 2009 07:33 Trezeguet23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:22 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0



I don't know if it is just a shadow, I mean he did win 9 in a row.
Also, when he beat Bisu and Leta he played down right amazing.
But yeah, he isn't quite up to the standard he set before.

Does anyone really think though that he is a favorite to win the MSL? Not that I wouldn't make love to a man for it to happen, but some other players look really tough.


agreed. I'm just saying that the domination Savior showed 2005-2007 completly overshadows a 9 game win streak. (Which is amazing, don't take it the wrong way)

Well. There are a fuckton of Savior fanboys who are out there screaming for an MSL win. But you have to look at the field he's playing in.
ZerO is a competent player, and ZvZ is "rock paper scissors" enough to crush Savior's dreams

you also have to realise there is a hugee talent depth right now in the MSL

Hwasin, Leta, Nada to name a few, are on a warpath and lighting shit on fire with their eyes. Each could potentially give savior a run for his money..

that aside, i will wholeheartedly root for Bisu in the OSL and Savior in the MSL.
cw)minsean(ru
kemoryan
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Spain1506 Posts
February 25 2009 22:40 GMT
#35
On February 26 2009 07:24 3 Lions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:22 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
On February 26 2009 07:18 Trezeguet23 wrote:
I am really excited that savior is at least somewhat back, but I agree that his strengths are his game sense and his clever macro. Unfortunately these are both minimized in ZvZ. Too bad his MSL run hinges on such a "rock paper scissor" match-up.


finally a voice of reason

Savior is showing a shadow of his former skill
rather than the polished shiny savior of 2005
he is showing a new dirty GET 'ER DONE KICKASS CUBAN GANSTER VERSION 2.0


Savior is actually a better player than he was in 2005-2007. He's just playing against players with much better mechanics (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, etc.). So, he has to make up for that with his game sense, which will be minimalized by the ZvZ matchup. Zero really isn't better than Savior at ZvZ imo, so that's why I think Savior will win.


Exactly. I don't know why people say Savior is a shadow of his former self. Savior not dominating doesn't mean he's playing worse than before, it's just that competition has got much harder... although I'm not really sure if he's in fact better than before, that could be debatable.
Freedom is a stranger
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
February 25 2009 22:41 GMT
#36
Anybody want to date us on the most recent ZvZ quarterfinal? I'll take a stab, I think it's the Gorush-July one in MBC's MSL season 2 (Bisu's second MSL).
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
February 25 2009 22:42 GMT
#37
On February 26 2009 07:41 thunk wrote:
Anybody want to date us on the most recent ZvZ quarterfinal? I'll take a stab, I think it's the Gorush-July one in MBC's MSL season 2 (Bisu's second MSL).

correct. I also remember a Jaedong vs Luxury Bo3 in Arena MSL
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
February 25 2009 22:43 GMT
#38
On February 26 2009 07:42 3 Lions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:41 thunk wrote:
Anybody want to date us on the most recent ZvZ quarterfinal? I'll take a stab, I think it's the Gorush-July one in MBC's MSL season 2 (Bisu's second MSL).

correct. I also remember a Jaedong vs Luxury Bo3 in Arena MSL

but was that a quaterfinal?
lets make this harder
ever see a ZvZ MSL/OSL final??
boo yah
cw)minsean(ru
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
February 25 2009 22:44 GMT
#39
On February 26 2009 07:43 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:42 3 Lions wrote:
On February 26 2009 07:41 thunk wrote:
Anybody want to date us on the most recent ZvZ quarterfinal? I'll take a stab, I think it's the Gorush-July one in MBC's MSL season 2 (Bisu's second MSL).

correct. I also remember a Jaedong vs Luxury Bo3 in Arena MSL

but was that a quaterfinal?
lets make this harder
ever see a ZvZ MSL/OSL final??
boo yah

Savior vs Chojja, Savior vs Silver in MSL
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
February 25 2009 22:45 GMT
#40
On February 26 2009 07:44 3 Lions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2009 07:43 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
On February 26 2009 07:42 3 Lions wrote:
On February 26 2009 07:41 thunk wrote:
Anybody want to date us on the most recent ZvZ quarterfinal? I'll take a stab, I think it's the Gorush-July one in MBC's MSL season 2 (Bisu's second MSL).

correct. I also remember a Jaedong vs Luxury Bo3 in Arena MSL

but was that a quaterfinal?
lets make this harder
ever see a ZvZ MSL/OSL final??
boo yah

Savior vs Chojja, Savior vs Silver in MSL


-.-
pwned
cw)minsean(ru
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 651
ComeBackTV 542
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 47
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech145
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 47
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45087
Jaedong 1404
Hyuk 1156
Mini 677
Horang2 512
Soma 490
BeSt 480
Larva 321
Soulkey 314
Rush 283
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 282
ZerO 282
Snow 211
Last 203
hero 83
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 55
Free 37
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 23
sorry 22
Shine 21
yabsab 21
Rock 20
Trap 19
HiyA 17
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1438
Dendi891
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1088
Fnx 835
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1934
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2939
singsing2016
B2W.Neo950
hiko779
byalli443
KnowMe129
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE89
Mew2King76
Trikslyr40
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile124
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2750
League of Legends
• Nemesis2025
• Jankos1122
• TFBlade737
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 56m
OSC
20h 56m
Stellar Fest
20h 56m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.