• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8401 users

[MSL] Quarterfinal A - Page 52

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
February 26 2009 20:56 GMT
#1021
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Turbovolver
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia2451 Posts
February 26 2009 21:00 GMT
#1022
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Wow, Zero was always the favourite here, did anyone watch those games vs Jaedong?
The original Bogus fan.
Turbovolver
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia2451 Posts
February 26 2009 21:04 GMT
#1023
On February 27 2009 05:56 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.


How can you not think it's surprising that the weaker player was favoured 6 to 1 just because he spoke a bunch of English in an interview?
The original Bogus fan.
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
February 26 2009 21:06 GMT
#1024
On February 27 2009 06:04 Turbovolver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 05:56 Jayme wrote:
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.


How can you not think it's surprising that the weaker player was favoured 6 to 1 just because he spoke a bunch of English in an interview?

agreeed
I need to see Savior kick a "good" players ass
i need my faith in savior to be restored
cw)minsean(ru
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
February 26 2009 21:07 GMT
#1025
On February 27 2009 05:56 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.

What I'm saying is that I know people like to vote with their hearts sometimes and not their mind, but 6 to 1 for this matchup is just insane. It was pretty apparent going into this match from a pure skill standpoint it was going to be a toss-up, and due to this I figured it would more likely be like 2 or 3 to 1 in favor of MJY. I guess I underestimated the extreme level of fanboyism here.

From now on I may just auto-vote against sAviOr in future Liquibets because the reward for voting for his opponent is usually so much higher than the risk of sAviOr winning.

And yeah, I'm a CJ fan and not necessarily a sAviOr fanboy, whodathunkit?
Moderator
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
February 26 2009 21:12 GMT
#1026
On February 27 2009 06:07 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 05:56 Jayme wrote:
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.

What I'm saying is that I know people like to vote with their hearts sometimes and not their mind, but 6 to 1 for this matchup is just insane. It was pretty apparent going into this match from a pure skill standpoint it was going to be a toss-up, and due to this I figured it would more likely be like 2 or 3 to 1 in favor of MJY. I guess I underestimated the extreme level of fanboyism here.

From now on I may just auto-vote against sAviOr in future Liquibets because the reward for voting for his opponent is usually so much higher than the risk of sAviOr winning.

And yeah, I'm a CJ fan and not necessarily a sAviOr fanboy, whodathunkit?

lol
much like i dislike SKT but love Bisu

... i lied
i love SKT


boxer/iloveoov ftw
cw)minsean(ru
mog87
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1586 Posts
February 26 2009 21:14 GMT
#1027
All I have to say is this is no upset, Zero is the true muta whisperer, this doesnt mean saviors comeback is over, but seriously this was the worst possible match up for him, Zero or Jaedong or any good zerg is the best chance for savior to lose. No shame here, anyone who had savior as a favorite was either a die hard fan, or doesnt watch zero's games. The little 10 yr old looking kid is sick. Repeat this was no upset. And I am sure savior will continue to do well.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
February 26 2009 21:15 GMT
#1028
On February 27 2009 06:07 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 05:56 Jayme wrote:
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.

What I'm saying is that I know people like to vote with their hearts sometimes and not their mind, but 6 to 1 for this matchup is just insane. It was pretty apparent going into this match from a pure skill standpoint it was going to be a toss-up, and due to this I figured it would more likely be like 2 or 3 to 1 in favor of MJY. I guess I underestimated the extreme level of fanboyism here.

From now on I may just auto-vote against sAviOr in future Liquibets because the reward for voting for his opponent is usually so much higher than the risk of sAviOr winning.

And yeah, I'm a CJ fan and not necessarily a sAviOr fanboy, whodathunkit?


Yea I know 6 to 1 is really FAR because I expected ZerO to win. I voted Savior though simply because I came into the season too late to matter and I simply vote who I WANT to win, not who I believe will.

However if you compare the amount of fanboys Savior has to ZerO's and then the smart bets, a 6 to 1 ratio is not surprising at all. People bet with their hearts quite often, especially in the middle of the season when some can't catch up anymore.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
February 26 2009 21:50 GMT
#1029
woah my prediction was right ;P
amorpheus
Profile Joined May 2007
Bulgaria2144 Posts
February 26 2009 22:30 GMT
#1030
gj zero lux next then jangbi ...
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 26 2009 22:43 GMT
#1031
your still bonjwa in my heart Mae Jae Yoon
Forever Young
eatmyshorts5
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1530 Posts
February 26 2009 22:49 GMT
#1032
On February 27 2009 07:43 sung_moon wrote:
your still bonjwa in my heart Mae Jae Yoon

He should be a bonjwa in EVERYBODY's heart.

BF:BC2 ID: BisuStork//CJ Entusman #32
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
February 26 2009 22:52 GMT
#1033
it's ZvZ too bad for Savior.. Jangbi shall smash Zero if they meet (in the final?).
Xellos <3
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
February 26 2009 22:53 GMT
#1034
On February 27 2009 06:06 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 06:04 Turbovolver wrote:
On February 27 2009 05:56 Jayme wrote:
On February 27 2009 04:33 p4NDemik wrote:
Man, I jumped like 200 spots in liquibet because I picked ZerO ... I can't believe sAviOr was favored at a rate of 6 to 1.


Uh.. it's savior?

How is that rate surprising really. The only time I've really seen Savior at a disadvantage in liquibets was against Bisu in the MSL groups.


How can you not think it's surprising that the weaker player was favoured 6 to 1 just because he spoke a bunch of English in an interview?

agreeed
I need to see Savior kick a "good" players ass
i need my faith in savior to be restored

You can't prove a faith that isn't true...

Sadly, you can't deny it :\

I'm a sAviOr fan too but I know there's a snowball's chance in Hades of sAviOr dominating the field again
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 26 2009 23:04 GMT
#1035
expected and desired result for me tbh.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
February 26 2009 23:04 GMT
#1036
this run in the MSL was a bit too good to be true. semifinals would've been great, but as I said before, Ro8 was a huge improvement from the past year regardless. everyone needs to take a step back and realize that getting better is a step by step process. if you expect savior to magically return to being a bonjwa overnight, you will be disappointed for a long time. let's just enjoy that he got this far and is guaranteed a seed into the next MSL.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 26 2009 23:04 GMT
#1037
well actually idk about "desired"...

yea just expected. Would have been more exciting to see Savior in the next round even though I think Zero is a much better player these days and the games themselves would probably be better.
Signet
Profile Joined March 2007
United States1718 Posts
February 26 2009 23:46 GMT
#1038
*sigh* this result is still a drag on my day.

What's more, I don't think Zero has much chance of taking Leta or Luxury. Even though Leta's hype has been exposed as premature, zero is still a 41% ZvT'er. Yikes. ZvZ is the kid's forte, but Luxury has better stats, more games, and a 3-1 head to head record.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
February 26 2009 23:57 GMT
#1039
Trust me, ZerO is the scariest, most badass 41% ZvT'ers you will ever see when he plays ZvT.
Jaedong
eatmyshorts5
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1530 Posts
February 27 2009 00:01 GMT
#1040
On February 27 2009 08:57 Avidkeystamper wrote:
Trust me, ZerO is the scariest, most badass 41% ZvT'ers you will ever see when he plays ZvT.

Even though he loses more than half his games....

And Leta's TvZ is pretty good.
BF:BC2 ID: BisuStork//CJ Entusman #32
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 651
ComeBackTV 542
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 47
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech145
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 47
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45087
Jaedong 1404
Hyuk 1156
Mini 677
Horang2 512
Soma 490
BeSt 480
Larva 321
Soulkey 314
Rush 283
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 282
ZerO 282
Snow 211
Last 203
hero 83
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 55
Free 37
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 23
sorry 22
Shine 21
yabsab 21
Rock 20
Trap 19
HiyA 17
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1438
Dendi891
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1088
Fnx 835
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1934
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2939
singsing2016
B2W.Neo950
hiko779
byalli443
KnowMe129
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE89
Mew2King76
Trikslyr40
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile124
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2750
League of Legends
• Nemesis2025
• Jankos1122
• TFBlade737
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 55m
OSC
20h 55m
Stellar Fest
20h 55m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.