• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:38
CEST 14:38
KST 21:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War15.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10476 users

WCG USA National Finals - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
September 02 2008 15:51 GMT
#41
he beat sea[shield] for gods sake lol
I'm like, the coolest
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
September 02 2008 16:43 GMT
#42
I look at it like this, if Idra doesnt win, I'd consider it a huge loss for him considering how much training and effort hes putting into his game as of late. Does usa have one spot or two again?
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
September 02 2008 16:48 GMT
#43
1. Yosh
2. NonY
3. Idra/G5 (toss up) whooooooa O_O!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
September 02 2008 17:43 GMT
#44
1.Yosh (This guy is pure talent he will win for sure one of rare ppl that actually use his brain )

2. Nony/Idra ( Both are kinda the same. Great mechanics every game same BO robot style dont help vs inventive players )

3. G5 ( G5 really sold player and maybe will surprize all because there is alot of terrans and he is good PvT)

4. Artosis (Artosis is same style as Idra just alot weaker dont think he is mass gaming while making tons of vods)

The rest dont think got even small chance to win this.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
September 02 2008 18:02 GMT
#45
Idra>Yosh>Nony>Idra>Yosh>Nony>Idra>Yosh>Nony>Idra>Yosh>Nony>Idra>Yosh>Nony>Idra

it´s an endless circle
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
September 02 2008 18:51 GMT
#46
This is what I love to see. The predictions are so spread out, its great. There is no clear winner to everybody and that is fantastic. For years USA has always had a wide spread skill base but no one who could really be called a top foreigner and compete with the likes of Mondragon / Draco etc... Now we have many and its great to see. I can't wait for this US Finals. My only wish was that iNc and LZ were there.
Colbi
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States535 Posts
September 02 2008 18:57 GMT
#47
Agreed with G5, I still hope iNc and Lz plan on at least coming to LA to hang out. I heard Geoff is planning on going to observe and Lz's brother qualified for CNC3, so he will probably be there also.
Editor-in-Chief for Team EG - http://www.twitter.com/LColbi
hooktits
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States972 Posts
September 02 2008 19:04 GMT
#48
I am hoping machine and nyoken do well considering machine is only zerg player and nyoken is pretty good and representing the east coast. Either way ill be happy with any one who wins as long as they can bring USA the gold ^^
Hooktits of Tits gaming @hooktits twit
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
September 02 2008 19:43 GMT
#49
Louder
Future
Skew
Blind
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States2529 Posts
September 02 2008 19:55 GMT
#50
Idra
Nony
Yosh
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
September 02 2008 20:39 GMT
#51
On September 03 2008 04:43 -StrifeX- wrote:
Louder
Future
Skew


I agree completely - places 7-10 in no particular order.


I really don't see anyone having a hope of winning outside idra/nony/yosh. Since it's only one spot I think idra has the best chance - if he's learned nothing else in korea, he's learned to play under pressure better than anyone else who will be at the finals by playing in courage tournaments and such. I think yosh probably has the second best chance... he is incredibly fast (doesn't spam like some people with 300+ apm hands do to get his 300 apm) and multitasks better than most foreigners I've seen.

I don't see artosis/g5/nyoken/machine having a chance breaking into the top 3, much less the top one. I think they're all good players but it's just not going to be their year.

In any case, I am looking forward to watching some epic games between nony/yosh/idra, should be good stuff.
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
September 02 2008 20:43 GMT
#52
If IdrA can't even win WCG USA, I think his chances of passing Courage are a longshot. But if he can beat Sea[Shield], Yosh and NonY should be no problem.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
TvAll
Profile Joined June 2008
Trinidad/Tobago49 Posts
September 02 2008 20:55 GMT
#53
It all depends on the initial groups for me, I hope that NonY wins so maybe he can get his shot at going to korea. Idra should win bcuz I mean com'on he does this for living ! But deep inside I think yosh is going to spoil the show =[
I<3oov
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
September 02 2008 20:57 GMT
#54
On September 03 2008 05:55 TvAll wrote:
It all depends on the initial groups for me, I hope that NonY wins so maybe he can get his shot at going to korea. Idra should win bcuz I mean com'on he does this for living ! But deep inside I think yosh is going to spoil the show =[


I hope groups are something like this:

Group 1:
Louder
Future
Skew
Artosis
Nyoken

Group 2:
Yosh
Nony
Idra
G5
Machine

KEK
Hitokiri
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Spain306 Posts
September 02 2008 21:00 GMT
#55
The great thing about Yosh is that the man has been around for longer than anyone in that list, and he has posted extremely good results in the past 7 years. He went head to head with Guilliame and Smuft in WCG Canada 2001 (I think), and went for very exciting games against Doggi (though to be honest he wasn't the best) and his other oponents. His TvT is methodical and safe; probably his best match-up and will probably beat Idra.
255 255 255 552 255 255 255 522 52255 553
DeepGreen
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States175 Posts
September 02 2008 21:30 GMT
#56
It's interesting that people say that Idra must win this to prove his training has been "worth it." Yet, in Starcaft, even the best players lose regularly -- it's not like Idra is playing a bunch of bumbling retards.

Just for example, a couple posters brought up the fact that he beat Sea. My guess is, Sea is still the superior player. We can apply the same concept here: being the better player does not GUARANTEE a win. They play the matches for a reason, after all.
So I told him your car was like that when I got here and as for your grandmother she shouldnt have mouthed off like that
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
September 02 2008 21:41 GMT
#57
On September 03 2008 06:30 DeepGreen wrote:
It's interesting that people say that Idra must win this to prove his training has been "worth it." Yet, in Starcaft, even the best players lose regularly -- it's not like Idra is playing a bunch of bumbling retards.

Just for example, a couple posters brought up the fact that he beat Sea. My guess is, Sea is still the superior player. We can apply the same concept here: being the better player does not GUARANTEE a win. They play the matches for a reason, after all.




Smart man
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-02 21:50:30
September 02 2008 21:50 GMT
#58
On September 03 2008 03:51 G5 wrote:
This is what I love to see. The predictions are so spread out, its great. There is no clear winner to everybody and that is fantastic.


Agree 100%

There hasn't been a response like this since I started playing WCG and it's completely awesome

Also, I agree with DeepGreen. Truth
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Beside_kr
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada902 Posts
September 02 2008 23:42 GMT
#59
A couple of years ago I heard about a rule WCG had that said no player could represent more than one country at the WCG grand finals, does anyone know if there is any truth to this, if so, Yosh may be disallowed to compete in the finals if he wins as he represented Canada in 2001
Cuffs, cuffs, you can't break those cuffs
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
September 03 2008 02:31 GMT
#60
I think that rule might mean in the same WCG year? I mean I know Olympic athletes can switch countries so I don't think it should be a problem.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 284
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31419
Calm 6720
Rain 1799
Bisu 1577
Jaedong 733
Horang2 620
FanTaSy 480
BeSt 355
Rush 328
Stork 259
[ Show more ]
Soma 244
Zeus 195
Larva 149
Light 127
Snow 121
Free 119
ZerO 107
Barracks 101
Mind 84
Pusan 83
910 81
Mong 78
Killer 54
Sea.KH 43
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 36
NaDa 29
Shinee 28
Sexy 22
Hm[arnc] 19
Noble 17
Aegong 16
sorry 14
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6410
Counter-Strike
fl0m2598
olofmeister1043
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns36133
singsing2057
B2W.Neo669
dupreeh416
crisheroes268
Lowko266
hiko221
RotterdaM50
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3334
• Jankos2734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.