• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:25
CEST 07:25
KST 14:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8439 users

Ribbon Classic - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
July 13 2011 14:37 GMT
#81
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament
T H C makes ppl happy
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
July 13 2011 16:49 GMT
#82
2 to 3 weeks should be enough, maybe even 1.

Game has been busy for past few days and will be busy for next few days/weeks. After that Ribbon Classic will start.
ppp
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
July 13 2011 18:13 GMT
#83
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
July 13 2011 20:02 GMT
#84
On July 14 2011 03:13 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.

Awesome

Much love !
T H C makes ppl happy
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
July 14 2011 05:21 GMT
#85
On July 14 2011 05:02 Sinedd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 03:13 Ribbon wrote:
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.

Awesome

Much love !


I got in touch with Game, and we've reconciled as much as I think we're reasonably going to.

The tournament is happening. It'll be a few weeks off now (due to stuff that's boring and has nothing to do with any drama), but it'll be back and better than ever.

I personally will probably transition into sponsoring potted tournaments in the future, because I stress a lot less over a $100 pool when I'm only at risk for $20 of it, but this tournament with retain all the sponsorship money I originally promised.

I have absolutely no idea what we're doing for servers, but I think Game does so we're all good.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
July 14 2011 07:55 GMT
#86
On July 14 2011 14:21 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 05:02 Sinedd wrote:
On July 14 2011 03:13 Ribbon wrote:
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.

Awesome

Much love !


I got in touch with Game, and we've reconciled as much as I think we're reasonably going to.

The tournament is happening. It'll be a few weeks off now (due to stuff that's boring and has nothing to do with any drama), but it'll be back and better than ever.

I personally will probably transition into sponsoring potted tournaments in the future, because I stress a lot less over a $100 pool when I'm only at risk for $20 of it, but this tournament with retain all the sponsorship money I originally promised.

I have absolutely no idea what we're doing for servers, but I think Game does so we're all good.

Cool.

Any idea when the groups are going to be announced ? or is this a knockout format ?

We need more tournaments like this this is resurrecting the community from the ashes.
T H C makes ppl happy
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
July 18 2011 23:42 GMT
#87
On July 14 2011 14:21 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 05:02 Sinedd wrote:
On July 14 2011 03:13 Ribbon wrote:
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.

Awesome

Much love !


I got in touch with Game, and we've reconciled as much as I think we're reasonably going to.

The tournament is happening. It'll be a few weeks off now (due to stuff that's boring and has nothing to do with any drama), but it'll be back and better than ever.

I personally will probably transition into sponsoring potted tournaments in the future, because I stress a lot less over a $100 pool when I'm only at risk for $20 of it, but this tournament with retain all the sponsorship money I originally promised.

I have absolutely no idea what we're doing for servers, but I think Game does so we're all good.



The tournament has been re-opened/revamped. The server for this tournament will be Fish. I will be writing a guide on how to get on Fish and play on it shortly. The channel etc are in the OP. All players have been re-invited, waiting on confirmation.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
July 21 2011 15:19 GMT
#88
great
Looking forward to it happening soon
LML
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
July 21 2011 15:46 GMT
#89
On July 19 2011 08:42 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 14:21 Ribbon wrote:
On July 14 2011 05:02 Sinedd wrote:
On July 14 2011 03:13 Ribbon wrote:
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.

Awesome

Much love !


I got in touch with Game, and we've reconciled as much as I think we're reasonably going to.

The tournament is happening. It'll be a few weeks off now (due to stuff that's boring and has nothing to do with any drama), but it'll be back and better than ever.

I personally will probably transition into sponsoring potted tournaments in the future, because I stress a lot less over a $100 pool when I'm only at risk for $20 of it, but this tournament with retain all the sponsorship money I originally promised.

I have absolutely no idea what we're doing for servers, but I think Game does so we're all good.



The tournament has been re-opened/revamped. The server for this tournament will be Fish. I will be writing a guide on how to get on Fish and play on it shortly. The channel etc are in the OP. All players have been re-invited, waiting on confirmation.


Sweet !!!

would be awesome if you would put the grid/fixtures as fast as you gyus get the confirmation from the players and do all the stuff (like draw or something)

happy that this is gonna be going soon !
T H C makes ppl happy
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
July 21 2011 15:53 GMT
#90
On July 22 2011 00:46 Sinedd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 08:42 Game wrote:
On July 14 2011 14:21 Ribbon wrote:
On July 14 2011 05:02 Sinedd wrote:
On July 14 2011 03:13 Ribbon wrote:
On July 13 2011 23:37 Sinedd wrote:
sooo...

Im too lazy to read this...

when this is going to start ? anytime soon ? and the groups ?

I was pretty pumped for this tournament


Long story short: There was public drama, private drama, and some technical hiccups. Game has the prize money now and will start whenever he's ready.

Awesome

Much love !


I got in touch with Game, and we've reconciled as much as I think we're reasonably going to.

The tournament is happening. It'll be a few weeks off now (due to stuff that's boring and has nothing to do with any drama), but it'll be back and better than ever.

I personally will probably transition into sponsoring potted tournaments in the future, because I stress a lot less over a $100 pool when I'm only at risk for $20 of it, but this tournament with retain all the sponsorship money I originally promised.

I have absolutely no idea what we're doing for servers, but I think Game does so we're all good.



The tournament has been re-opened/revamped. The server for this tournament will be Fish. I will be writing a guide on how to get on Fish and play on it shortly. The channel etc are in the OP. All players have been re-invited, waiting on confirmation.


Sweet !!!

would be awesome if you would put the grid/fixtures as fast as you gyus get the confirmation from the players and do all the stuff (like draw or something)

happy that this is gonna be going soon !


Plan on it, 23/32 atm.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Sneazel
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland152 Posts
July 22 2011 08:01 GMT
#91
So when we will play Ribbon?
31 July
time 19 cet or 21 cet?
on my ICCUP mailbox i saw 21cet
but in this thread writes 19cet ;p
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
July 22 2011 08:16 GMT
#92
On July 22 2011 17:01 Sneazel wrote:
So when we will play Ribbon?
31 July
time 19 cet or 21 cet?
on my ICCUP mailbox i saw 21cet
but in this thread writes 19cet ;p


19 I apologize, I need to send new PMs to all the confirmed players that it will be 19CET.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
roman012
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria36 Posts
July 24 2011 14:49 GMT
#93
Looks promising

I want to ZvT on Ragnarok

soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
July 29 2011 02:17 GMT
#94
hopefully this weekend we can have this tour
ace hwaiting!!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
July 29 2011 02:56 GMT
#95
On July 29 2011 11:17 soujiro_ wrote:
hopefully this weekend we can have this tour


It is happening this weekend starting @ 19CET.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
July 29 2011 05:06 GMT
#96
On July 29 2011 11:56 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2011 11:17 soujiro_ wrote:
hopefully this weekend we can have this tour


It is happening this weekend starting @ 19CET.


Oh my god, MLG Anaheim, GSL Finals, and the Classic are going to be on the same day?

I need more computers!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 05:24:24
July 29 2011 05:22 GMT
#97
The OP has been updated with the groups and the draw. The groups will be played as single elimination and present 4 players for the semifinals.

If your name is linked in the draw after your race and ethnicity it is because of 2 things:
1)You were in TSL2, and I just hyperlinked your TSL2 database.
2) Your countries flag makes funny faces (Russia, Poland, Romania), for example:
ru :pl: ro

Therefore, I started to use TSL2 players to edit out those funny faces and present your ethnicity, and followed suit with the actual TSL2 players to meet status quo.

Edit: I'm just going to underline all the names for people who don't read the threads updates and only the OP :D
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
zobz
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada2175 Posts
July 29 2011 06:14 GMT
#98
Great idea for a tournament. I will likely watch it live, although replays would be a really nice option too. Your perogative of course. By the way more advertisements = more better quallity tournaments in the future yes?
"That's not gonna be good for business." "That's not gonna be good for anybody."
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
July 29 2011 06:15 GMT
#99
On July 29 2011 15:14 zobz wrote:
Great idea for a tournament. I will likely watch it live, although replays would be a really nice option too. Your perogative of course. By the way more advertisements = more better quallity tournaments in the future yes?


The replays will be available.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
July 29 2011 07:19 GMT
#100
Sweet !

cant wait for the cast !
T H C makes ppl happy
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2049
Shuttle 998
Dewaltoss 80
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 30
Noble 26
ZergMaN 13
Yoon 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1169
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor663
Other Games
summit1g8457
C9.Mang0304
PiGStarcraft290
Mew2King155
RuFF_SC269
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Rush1131
• Lourlo1104
• Stunt363
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 36m
OSC
16h 36m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.