• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:24
CEST 07:24
KST 14:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8439 users

Ribbon Classic - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
June 21 2011 09:12 GMT
#41
On June 21 2011 10:03 bITt.mAN wrote:
It's like jousting in period-armour for the real feeling of being an origional BW knight.


Best analogy ever. I should do A Knight's Tale style intros for the players :D
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
June 22 2011 06:29 GMT
#42
On June 21 2011 18:12 Sayle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 10:03 bITt.mAN wrote:
It's like jousting in period-armour for the real feeling of being an origional BW knight.


Best analogy ever. I should do A Knight's Tale style intros for the players :D


lol... as long as you don't OD in the process, we need you to cast.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
June 22 2011 13:11 GMT
#43
Omg this will be so awesome! Any BW tour with $ these days is a good tour in my eyes
Forever Vulture.. :(
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
June 22 2011 16:40 GMT
#44
On June 21 2011 18:12 Sayle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 10:03 bITt.mAN wrote:
It's like jousting in period-armour for the real feeling of being an origional BW knight.


Best analogy ever. I should do A Knight's Tale style intros for the players :D

Hahaha that'd be so awesome

Looking forward to the tourny, I've barely even seen half these maps, let's see what the players can bring to the table ^_^
Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
June 25 2011 16:45 GMT
#45
On June 20 2011 00:03 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2011 23:31 Game wrote:
Confirmed:
LRM)TriX
gNs.I-LML
LRM)HulkToss
LRM)OyA
vTv.Jumper
Michael(OD)
dredredre
[FR]DeWALT
LancerX
dM-GoTuNk
gNs.I-Teddy
LRM)Bakuryu
TechnicS
Nb.TerroR
[KiDCaNaDa]
Nb.FlaF
MarinE[AoV]
Manner]AlfiO
sas.kashu
gNs.I-trutaCz
dsaqwe
iFU.Zaraki

Hmm... Terrans check your inbox's? :D

game obviously anxiously waiting on scan's acceptance...right?
lololol

also where's my invite???
jerk


i thought the same
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
June 25 2011 16:55 GMT
#46
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 10:43:06
July 01 2011 10:42 GMT
#47
Unfortunately, due to drama, we're going to be postponing this tournament indefinitely, so that we have enough time to recollect ourselves and not half-ass a tournament at the last minute.

I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the tournament, but I'd rather have a well-planned, well set-up tournament with a positive message than one having to be redone at the last minute for reasons that make a lot of people go in heated. I still intend to sponsor a tournament, but just as circumstances made my choice of map pool suddenly relevant, circumstances have conspired to add a negative political element to a tournament intended to have a positive one.

I look forward to sponsoring the tournament anew once things are properly settled.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
July 01 2011 16:55 GMT
#48
Sounds reasonable, but please make it happen - I'm really looking forward to this!
화이팅
fazek42
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Hungary438 Posts
July 01 2011 20:51 GMT
#49
On July 02 2011 01:55 XsebT wrote:
Sounds reasonable, but please make it happen - I'm really looking forward to this!


Indeed, indeed.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
July 01 2011 20:55 GMT
#50
Take all the time you need! We all hope this tournament can come to fruition. I'm dying to games on these maps.
May the BeSt man win.
LRM)TechnicS
Profile Joined May 2008
Bulgaria1565 Posts
July 02 2011 09:21 GMT
#51
so today we won't be playing games for this tournament?
Enjoy the game
astroorion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1022 Posts
July 02 2011 11:39 GMT
#52
Could you post the player list, or has it not been announced yet?
MLG Admin | Astro.631 NA
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
July 02 2011 12:45 GMT
#53
On July 01 2011 19:42 Ribbon wrote:
Unfortunately, due to drama, we're going to be postponing this tournament indefinitely, so that we have enough time to recollect ourselves and not half-ass a tournament at the last minute.

I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the tournament, but I'd rather have a well-planned, well set-up tournament with a positive message than one having to be redone at the last minute for reasons that make a lot of people go in heated. I still intend to sponsor a tournament, but just as circumstances made my choice of map pool suddenly relevant, circumstances have conspired to add a negative political element to a tournament intended to have a positive one.

I look forward to sponsoring the tournament anew once things are properly settled.


add to OP pls.

also
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 02 2011 13:37 GMT
#54
This feels so cute lol.
best of luck
▲ ▲ ▲
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
July 03 2011 06:40 GMT
#55
On July 01 2011 19:42 Ribbon wrote:
Unfortunately, due to drama, we're going to be postponing this tournament indefinitely, so that we have enough time to recollect ourselves and not half-ass a tournament at the last minute.

I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the tournament, but I'd rather have a well-planned, well set-up tournament with a positive message than one having to be redone at the last minute for reasons that make a lot of people go in heated. I still intend to sponsor a tournament, but just as circumstances made my choice of map pool suddenly relevant, circumstances have conspired to add a negative political element to a tournament intended to have a positive one.

I look forward to sponsoring the tournament anew once things are properly settled.



I dont see how the "drama" is in anyway related. Do the tourney... pm the ppl who were supposed to play... host in on west/fish/whatever. No issue. If your gonna sponsor a tourney you should actually go through with the tourney rather then pull out for a very vague unclear reason.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 11:00:38
July 03 2011 10:09 GMT
#56
On July 03 2011 15:40 puppykiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 19:42 Ribbon wrote:
Unfortunately, due to drama, we're going to be postponing this tournament indefinitely, so that we have enough time to recollect ourselves and not half-ass a tournament at the last minute.

I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the tournament, but I'd rather have a well-planned, well set-up tournament with a positive message than one having to be redone at the last minute for reasons that make a lot of people go in heated. I still intend to sponsor a tournament, but just as circumstances made my choice of map pool suddenly relevant, circumstances have conspired to add a negative political element to a tournament intended to have a positive one.

I look forward to sponsoring the tournament anew once things are properly settled.



I dont see how the "drama" is in anyway related. Do the tourney... pm the ppl who were supposed to play... host in on west/fish/whatever. No issue. If your gonna sponsor a tourney you should actually go through with the tourney rather then pull out for a very vague unclear reason.


My reasons are as follows

1. There are technical hurdles that need to be jumped, according to Game (who I assume knows better than I). These aren't prohibitive, but we needed more than an afternoon to do it. Running the tournament on a new server undelayed with such short notice wasn't a feasible option, and there wasn't much I could do to change that even if I wanted to. 24 hours before the tournament was supposed to start, no one knew for sure what server it'd be on.

2. This means I had to make the decision quickly. While postposting a tournament last-second sucks and makes people angry, postponing it during the Ro32 would be a much bigger deal, as I'd be ripping off players who contributed to the tournament.

3. My goal in making this tournament was ultimately to try and warm the oft-frigid relationship between the BW and SC2 communities. This was to be a test case for running a tournament before I did a more ambitious project (with maps custom-made for the purpose, larger prize pools, etc). Because this was scheduled to run right after Game's ICCUP-induced retirement, the theme of the Tournament has gone from "Ribbon's Hippy Love-fest" to "The Yellow Memorial Tournament" and now to the "Fuck You ICCUP Starleague".

EDIT: STREAM-OF-CONSCIOUSNESS RANT DELETED

tl;dr: I sent Game the prizepool, and he already had his personal fee. It's all in his hands now when it starts.
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
July 03 2011 16:58 GMT
#57
I will fix the OP within the week on what server, time and date, and after I re-invite the players. Sorry for the inconvenience players and viewers alike.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 00:50:45
July 11 2011 23:28 GMT
#58
I AM A DEER
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
July 11 2011 23:45 GMT
#59
--- Nuked ---
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
July 12 2011 00:05 GMT
#60
On July 12 2011 08:28 Ribbon wrote:
It appears that I've been robbed.


What do you mean?
If you are claiming that Game took your money, I highly doubt that.
LML
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2049
Shuttle 998
Dewaltoss 80
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 30
Noble 26
ZergMaN 13
Yoon 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1169
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor663
Other Games
summit1g8457
C9.Mang0304
PiGStarcraft290
Mew2King155
RuFF_SC269
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Rush1131
• Lourlo1104
• Stunt363
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 36m
OSC
16h 36m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.