• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:50
CEST 10:50
KST 17:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9999 users

Bunkie Interview!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-25 15:32:14
March 25 2009 08:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Recently, an immensely popular player appeared on the SKT1 team who has showed up at every game. Even though he has yet to play a game, the adorable body and expressions have garnered him much attention from many fans.

In an attempt to understand this player, Fomos has interviewed him. Because he’s from another planet, there may be some language difficulties…today’s interviewee is “Bunkie.”

(This interview was unable to be conducted normally, so it was done through internet chat. It was very natural, and the conversation is very casual.)

Very glad to finally meet you, we have many questions. First, introduce yourself.
-My name is Bunkie, age 12. Even though my head is very big, I’m considered very handsome on my planet. My family includes my father, mother, and sister “Tingkie.” I like Boxer and all the SKT1 gamers. This is my 6th month on Earth, and I currently fill the position of SKT1’s mascot.

Your personal information says you’re from the planet Quaoar. Can you tell me what it’s like over there?
-Quaoar is the 9th planet of the Solar System, discovered recently by Earthlings. It’s…pretty far from Earth. (T/N: He refers to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50000_Quaoar )

[image loading]


Even though it’s not very polite to ask…your height is 170 cm, but you seem taller…is it because of your big head…
-By Earth standards, it’s 170 cm. But right now I’m having a growth spurt…relatively, my head’s been getting bigger and bigger, I’m getting slightly worried…
Haha

You love computer games and Starcraft. How skilled are you?
-I think my Starcraft skills are pretty decent, but I have a very average record on Battle.net. My Bunkie 1-wave all-in build sometimes succeeds, sometime fails. If the 1-wave build fails, following up with 2-wave build sometimes gets me victory…

You like Boxer, any particular reason?
-He looks like me…and I feel really similar to him…a lot of his tactics are fresh and unique, and he taught me the “Bunkie Build.”

I like your answer…When can we see your sister “Tingkie?”
-Tingkie’s still on Quaoar. She’s been contacting me a lot recently, trying to get me to get her Bisu’s autograph…She’s still little, but I heard she might come next season. She said that if the family won’t let her, she’ll sneak off to Earth…I’m kind of worried about her…

Hope Tingkie can come soon…by the way, since you came to SKT1, the team’s had a pretty good image. What do you think?
-Seems like it…because the players always practice with me, compared to last season, they can defend against the 1-wave all-in’s better. It’s all thanks to Bunkie.

[image loading]


Bunkie’s been really popular lately and has a fan club…do you feel it?
-Every time I see someone join the fan club, I’m very happy. But, to surpass the numbers of Best’s fan club, I have a long way to go…that’s my goal. Every time fans take pictures with me or give me snacks, I’m very happy…but my stomach’s been getting bigger and bigger lately…troubling…

Do you see Best as a rival? Who’re you close with?
-Best’s always mean to me….he pulls my tongue and presses on my eyes…I’m only 12, so I can’t beat him, and my Bunkie Build isn’t good against him either…so I’m trying to surpass him with number of fans…I’m close with Gorush. He’s very handsome and funny, but occasionally he does some very weird dances~~
Haha~~~

Do you have deep impressions of any fans?
-Once I was in the audience, and a fan grabbed my neck and tried to molest me…wah, terrifying…

I see…last time, I saw you do stuff with your ears. Besides that, do you have any other performance techniques?
-My real specialty is break dancing. I like to dance, but because it makes the clothes dirty, many people won’t let me…so, next time, I’ll get around and move a bit. Recently, I’ve been getting chubby, I don’t know if I can still move it like I used to…

We’ll eagerly await…now to ask some realistic issues…the weather’s getting warmer and warmer, many people are worried for Bunkie. Especially if we get to the finals stage, a lot of people say Bunkie will die from the heat in there…what do you think?
-If the team really makes it to the final, even if I die from overheating it won’t matter. Even though I’m slightly worried, but it’s OK~~ If we’re really at the finals, heat isn’t an issue.

I see…any last thoughts? Also say something to the Fomos members.
-Thank you very much to everyone’s care and support, but I hope everyone loves SKT1 more, hope everyone will cheer for us so we can win. Fomos is a site I go to a lot, because there’s a lot of pictures of me which I like…Also, recently there’s been a lot of people dissing SKT1 players. I hope people stop saying those things…if you have to, diss me…Lastly, I hope for everyone’s continued support~~

[image loading]
Bunkie’s Personal Information
Name Bunkie
Birthday 2008/4/13 (Quaoar)
Height 170 cm
Weight 0 kg
Blood type O
Nickname Hal_Ra(Bung)
Hobby Video games
Specialty Starcraft
Race Terran
ID Bunkie
E-mail Bunkie@Cyworld.com
Fan club http://cafe.daum.net/bunkie

PS Rumor has it Bunkie is actually IntoTheRainbow or Shudder_V, or both alternating~~

---

Translated from Chinese at http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=147037&extra=page=1

Original Korean and images from Fomos.kr
TranslatorBaa!
pubbanana
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3063 Posts
March 25 2009 08:51 GMT
#2
Cute.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE.

For anyone wondering what he means when he says that Boxer looks like him: The Korean fans have been teasing Boxer because he has a big head since he first became a progamer. It's pretty much on the same level as Nal_rA's orgasm face in terms of the ratio of affection to mockery.
Wachet, stehet im Glauben, seid männlich und seid stark.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
March 25 2009 08:52 GMT
#3
Oh RainbOw, how you have fallen...
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 25 2009 08:56 GMT
#4
On March 25 2009 17:52 Last Romantic wrote:
Oh RainbOw, how you have fallen...


Yeah, I shat bricks when I read that people think it's Rainbow O_O
TranslatorBaa!
naonao
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States847 Posts
March 25 2009 08:58 GMT
#5
I bet Tingkie is a real hottie
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
March 25 2009 09:13 GMT
#6
I love Bunkie so much - he always gives me free stuff and we play a lot at most of the events - I smacked him on the nose once and he chased me round the press line infront of all the T1 players and coaches. He's a big part of the reason I'm a huge T1 fan these days and why I always try to go to T1 PLs as often as possible. I know who he is, but I can't bring myself to connect the man to Bunkie!
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
March 25 2009 09:19 GMT
#7
On March 25 2009 18:13 NeverGG wrote:
I love Bunkie so much - he always gives me free stuff and we play a lot at most of the events - I smacked him on the nose once and he chased me round the press line infront of all the T1 players and coaches. He's a big part of the reason I'm a huge T1 fan these days and why I always try to go to T1 PLs as often as possible. I know who he is, but I can't bring myself to connect the man to Bunkie!


Because it's Rainbow??
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1332 Posts
March 25 2009 09:54 GMT
#8
we need to see a bunkie showmatch with KTF mascot, you people in korea make it happen.
Freedom will be defended at the cost of civil liberties.
lxginverse
Profile Joined May 2008
Monaco1506 Posts
March 25 2009 10:26 GMT
#9
Bunkie pwns all...
fromis_9 enjoyer
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51695 Posts
March 25 2009 10:30 GMT
#10
Tingkie = SKT's new rival mascot to Shonyu? (Female KTF Mascot)
Also, I feel sorry for Shudder if he is the new mascot, former OSL participant turned mascot hahaha.
Commentator
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
March 25 2009 10:47 GMT
#11
funny...complaining about heat. It must be Al Gore
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
March 25 2009 10:56 GMT
#12
Ahhhh cuuute!!!
< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
Sprite
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1015 Posts
March 25 2009 11:01 GMT
#13
Bunkie Build LOL!
Firebathero is still the best!
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
March 25 2009 11:40 GMT
#14
On March 25 2009 19:47 disciple wrote:
funny...complaining about heat. It must be Al Gore


Or it gets unbelievably fucking hot in those suits. (I know you're not serious but those things get really really hot)

Old job when i was 15 was be in a statue of liberty suit and sing at traffic.

FUCKING HOT
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
prOxi.Beater
Profile Joined December 2008
Denmark626 Posts
March 25 2009 11:50 GMT
#15
Hahaha. Bisu go home, Bunkie Build > all!
Nobody beats the Beater
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
March 25 2009 11:53 GMT
#16
Personally I hate these mascots, so annoying ~.^
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
March 25 2009 11:57 GMT
#17
Bunkie next bonjwa k?
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
March 25 2009 11:59 GMT
#18
BUNKIEEEEEEEEEEEEE I FUCKING LOVE YOU <3333333333333!
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
March 25 2009 12:13 GMT
#19
Bunkie vs Best rivalry! Gogogogo!
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
lgd-haze
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden547 Posts
March 25 2009 12:44 GMT
#20
On March 25 2009 17:46 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:

Do you have deep impressions of any fans?
-Once I was in the audience, and a fan grabbed my neck and tried to molest me…wah, terrifying…



Hahaha, what do we call that sexual orientation?
Flying Tushin!!
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 887
Larva 637
ggaemo 583
Mind 497
Stork 306
Leta 173
PianO 140
Killer 40
Hyuk 27
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 21
Dota 2
XcaliburYe103
League of Legends
JimRising 404
Reynor100
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
Other Games
summit1g10691
C9.Mang0221
Sick189
Mew2King156
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream196
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2351
League of Legends
• Stunt1339
• Jankos1095
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 10m
Online Event
2h 10m
FEL
7h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.