• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:12
CEST 05:12
KST 12:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7050 users

IdrA to eSTRO - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 29 2008 22:03 GMT
#141
draco thought too highly of himself i guess, and he though it would only take a couple of months for him to start winning some games. But since he didn't he gave up.
I hope IdrA knows himself better, i wish you good luck but its going to be hard, and i guess you know it.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
January 29 2008 22:13 GMT
#142
ehhh.... you guys are so easy to jump the bandwagon on the next foriegner to go to korea. I mean dont get me wrong im excited for idra and the prospect of foriegners actually being able to be taken seriously but I do not believe Idra is our savior.... He is in top five foriegners probally however, draco when he went was more active, had way higher apm(which i dont care what you say, will make a difference in korea), and was the top player outside of korea. I just think people are naieve to think draco who played tons with koreans, almost stricktly koreans, who was insanely familiar with their play and styles, was not better prepared for korea. He was not very active at all in xlo besides a few tourneys here and there, however, was playing jpod and vs many koreans non stop. Now I am not sure but i am under the impression that idra trains mostly with usa a members. please feel free to correct me if i am wrong
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
UbRi
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Italy603 Posts
January 29 2008 22:37 GMT
#143
I guess the point is that even if draco was better than idra their skill was anyway too low to be taken into consideration, no matter how good they are both, they would have to improve at least x4 times to succeed, thus I think that what counts is not the skill but the willpower to improve, who knows if Idra will do better than draco, we can't actually know
Zeller
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States1109 Posts
January 29 2008 22:43 GMT
#144
I think Idra gonna get good and maybe beat a few decent names , and then come back after a year or so
Last.Epic , Epic[LighT]
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
January 29 2008 23:08 GMT
#145
idra has played plenty of koreans and plenty on hamachi. also idra used to play tons with testie who impressed koreans so much that he got an invite from CJ.

So in essence what I said means, it's not about who's the best foreigner, it's about who can handle the pressure the best and push themselves further.

Very true. I think that's the most important thing. A low-skilled player would very very quickly surpass a higher skilled player once they're both in the training environment of a pro team, so long as the low-skilled player keeps his chin up and his focus strong for 10 hours every day and the high skilled player gets frustrated and loses motivation.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
January 29 2008 23:10 GMT
#146
I think he might do as good as Assem. And if he does that, it's going to be amazing.
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
We Are Here
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Australia1810 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-29 23:42:02
January 29 2008 23:41 GMT
#147
On January 30 2008 07:37 UbRi wrote:
I guess the point is that even if draco was better than idra their skill was anyway too low to be taken into consideration, no matter how good they are both, they would have to improve at least x4 times to succeed, thus I think that what counts is not the skill but the willpower to improve, who knows if Idra will do better than draco, we can't actually know
give idra 1 year, he will improve by 3 folds i just know it

and best of luck idra!
He who turns those around him into allies, possesses the most terrifying ability in the world.
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
January 29 2008 23:50 GMT
#148
On January 30 2008 07:03 jkillashark wrote:
I think it's less about skill or about performance, but more about willpower to push yourself to match and go beyond the Koreans. It's definitely true not everybody was made to be a progamer. But those who do show the potential by no means is the best. They have to push theirselves to the point where they are showing all that their potential is worth. Hopefully when eSTRO decided to recruit IdrA, they saw that potential. I pray for the best willpower to be bestowed in IdrA and hopes that he does well in Korea.

So in essence what I said means, it's not about who's the best foreigner, it's about who can handle the pressure the best and push themselves further. Without a doubt Pj and Lx were top foreign gamers, but after a year and a half, they were just starting to lack the willpower as did Draco.

I fully agree. I mean they could take someone low in the top 200 foreigners, and make him top 10 in a couple of months with the training they have in korea, if he's talented. So talent and devotion are way more valuable than current skill level.
The question is: when he arrives in korea, will he not get bored by losing 90% of the time day in day out for an entire year. Only the most motivated persons get through that stage without getting sick of BW.
And yeah ofcourse he also lacks alot of social contact in korea, but judging by uh.. a few things.. he already lacked it in the US
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
January 30 2008 00:49 GMT
#149
[QUOTE]On January 30 2008 08:50 RaGe wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 30 2008 07:03 jkillashark wrote:
also lacks alot of social contact in korea, but judging by uh.. a few things.. he already lacked it in the US[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHA
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA
DIE!!!
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
January 30 2008 01:13 GMT
#150
Wow, I just met Idra not that long ago at a LAN. Congratulations, Idra.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-30 01:25:49
January 30 2008 01:23 GMT
#151
Ya, you know that feeling when you start winning a lot against some pretty good competition, you start feeling pretty good about your skill. Like "hey, I'm starting to get this game figured out". Then you meet a truly top gamer who just rapes you so easily, as if he weren't trying. I don't know about you but things like that are realllllyy demotivating. Imagine that feeling several hours a day, for several months at a time. This is what you have to go through to make it in progaming. If you can endure that and still maintain your drive, focus, desire, and most importantly; the belief that you can be the best. Then, and only then, would a player have the chance to succeed in korea. That takes some incredible will power to say the least. Especially when you know from the beggining how stacked the odds are against you.

I must say Idra seems the most commited and reasonable of any gamer I've seen recently.
He has admitted himself that he may have no chance of making it, but even then hes willing to go and try. This is a situation that hasn't really happened before. All the other gamers already had high hopes going into it. As someone mentioned with draco, this lead to them becomming demotivated really quickly.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
JoMal
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Trinidad/Tobago1177 Posts
January 30 2008 03:06 GMT
#152
Do we really know the "true" reason why Draco left Korea ? I thought that someone with his passion wouldn't be so easily de-motivated. I believe that there were other reasons for him leaving. I wish SunCow had made it though. I'd love to see a foreign zerg in korea. Has there even been one ?
Oh you mad cause i'm stylin on you
Kingsp4de20
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States716 Posts
January 30 2008 19:58 GMT
#153
[QUOTE]On January 30 2008 09:49 toopham wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 30 2008 08:50 RaGe wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 30 2008 07:03 jkillashark wrote:
also lacks alot of social contact in korea, but judging by uh.. a few things.. he already lacked it in the US[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHA
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kramus
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1259 Posts
January 30 2008 20:19 GMT
#154
So this means we're going to see idra on TLPD soon right??
Pwntrucci[sR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1519 Posts
January 30 2008 20:44 GMT
#155
I don't think losing a ton is that bad for moral. When I started playing on pgt I went 10-150 and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Also I believe Idra is leaving feb 15th.
bg
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
January 30 2008 20:49 GMT
#156
On January 30 2008 07:13 likeaboss wrote:
ehhh.... you guys are so easy to jump the bandwagon on the next foriegner to go to korea. I mean dont get me wrong im excited for idra and the prospect of foriegners actually being able to be taken seriously but I do not believe Idra is our savior.... He is in top five foriegners probally however, draco when he went was more active, had way higher apm(which i dont care what you say, will make a difference in korea), and was the top player outside of korea. I just think people are naieve to think draco who played tons with koreans, almost stricktly koreans, who was insanely familiar with their play and styles, was not better prepared for korea. He was not very active at all in xlo besides a few tourneys here and there, however, was playing jpod and vs many koreans non stop. Now I am not sure but i am under the impression that idra trains mostly with usa a members. please feel free to correct me if i am wrong

agreed. draco/pj, and idk who else > idra, yes, they quit the korean scene but man, theyre great.
LumberJack
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3355 Posts
January 30 2008 21:52 GMT
#157
On January 30 2008 08:08 NonY[rC] wrote:
also idra used to play tons with testie who impressed koreans so much that he got an invite from CJ.


I think that was probably just a false rumor ;( not that it matters
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 30 2008 22:08 GMT
#158
On January 31 2008 05:44 Pwntrucci[sR] wrote:
I don't think losing a ton is that bad for moral. When I started playing on pgt I went 10-150 and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Also I believe Idra is leaving feb 15th.


how can you lose like that?
didnt you do this strat?

[image loading]

According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
JoMal
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Trinidad/Tobago1177 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-30 22:25:29
January 30 2008 22:25 GMT
#159
On January 31 2008 06:52 LumberJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2008 08:08 NonY[rC] wrote:
also idra used to play tons with testie who impressed koreans so much that he got an invite from CJ.


I think that was probably just a false rumor ;( not that it matters


<3 LumberJack, lol.

Oh you mad cause i'm stylin on you
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
January 30 2008 22:28 GMT
#160
On January 31 2008 07:08 AnOth3rDAy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2008 05:44 Pwntrucci[sR] wrote:
I don't think losing a ton is that bad for moral. When I started playing on pgt I went 10-150 and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Also I believe Idra is leaving feb 15th.


how can you lose like that?
didnt you do this strat?

[image loading]



u should post this pic in a korean forum

with Teamliquid.net tag on it
w/e
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft431
RuFF_SC2 158
Nina 91
-ZergGirl 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2289
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto20
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 405
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Other Games
summit1g8683
JimRising 754
Day[9].tv500
C9.Mang0343
WinterStarcraft261
ViBE174
Maynarde148
Livibee138
Sick135
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick982
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv500
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 49m
Stellar Fest
9h 49m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.