• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7144 users

DreamHack Leipzig 2020 BW LAN - SURVEY

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
October 18 2019 14:06 GMT
#1
Hungry for more foreign StarCraft action after DreamHack Montreal, the AfreecaTV LA LAN, the NY LAN Tournament, and Corrupted Cup? Let's keep the ball rolling and see if we can bring Brood War to DreamHack Leipzig in January 2020.

DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD'S PURPOSE IS TO GAUGE COMMUNITY INTEREST. NOTHING IS SET IN STONE YET. THE OP WILL BE UPDATED AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

Date: 25-26 January 2020
Location: DreamHack Leipzig
Tournament type: BYOC (You'd need a BYOC ticket - 109 euro/ea)

Poll: Interested?

I'd watch. (72)
 
71%

I'd like to come, but I don't have a computer to bring with. (15)
 
15%

I'd come and compete. (14)
 
14%

101 total votes

Your vote: Interested?

(Vote): I'd come and compete.
(Vote): I'd watch.
(Vote): I'd like to come, but I don't have a computer to bring with.



A few people are looking into possible prize purse contributions and such, I'll keep youse posted.

WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7176 Posts
October 18 2019 14:14 GMT
#2
What a BYOC ticket offers? Based in that poll i asume not a computer ofc.
Q~Bert
Profile Joined June 2006
United States670 Posts
October 18 2019 15:00 GMT
#3
On October 18 2019 23:14 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
What a BYOC ticket offers? Based in that poll i asume not a computer ofc.


... Or based in the acronym BYOC: Bring Your Own Computer.
aka: Yaj
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7176 Posts
October 18 2019 15:30 GMT
#4
On October 19 2019 00:00 Q~Bert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2019 23:14 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
What a BYOC ticket offers? Based in that poll i asume not a computer ofc.


... Or based in the acronym BYOC: Bring Your Own Computer.

damn it makes a lot of sense.didnt know that was the term LOL. So what a BYOC ticket offers ?
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
October 18 2019 15:51 GMT
#5
On October 18 2019 23:06 Ziggy wrote:
Hungry for more foreign StarCraft action after DreamHack Montreal, the AfreecaTV LA LAN, the NY LAN Tournament, and Corrupted Cup? Let's keep the ball rolling and see if we can bring Brood War to DreamHack Leipzig in January 2020.

DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD'S PURPOSE IS TO GAUGE COMMUNITY INTEREST. NOTHING IS SET IN STONE YET. THE OP WILL BE UPDATED AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

Date: 25-26 January 2020
Location: DreamHack Leipzig
Tournament type: BYOC (You'd need a BYOC ticket - 109 euro/ea)

Poll: Interested?

I'd watch. (72)
 
71%

I'd like to come, but I don't have a computer to bring with. (15)
 
15%

I'd come and compete. (14)
 
14%

101 total votes

Your vote: Interested?

(Vote): I'd come and compete.
(Vote): I'd watch.
(Vote): I'd like to come, but I don't have a computer to bring with.



A few people are looking into possible prize purse contributions and such, I'll keep youse posted.


Can you explain the tournament type line a bit more? I interpret this line as you have to bring your own computer and pay 109€ to get a seat (whatever "ea" means) which sounds like a rip-off to me.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
October 18 2019 16:03 GMT
#6
Nach Ostdeutschland fahr ich nur auf Ketten.
iFU.spx
Profile Joined April 2011
Russian Federation386 Posts
October 18 2019 16:08 GMT
#7
Definitely no. With byoc and 109euro It sounds like a expensive party, not a tournament.
Q~Bert
Profile Joined June 2006
United States670 Posts
October 18 2019 16:29 GMT
#8
On October 19 2019 01:08 iFU.spx wrote:
Definitely no. With byoc and 109euro It sounds like a expensive party, not a tournament.


Will there be girls there?
aka: Yaj
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
October 18 2019 17:04 GMT
#9
On October 19 2019 01:08 iFU.spx wrote:
Definitely no. With byoc and 109euro It sounds like a expensive party, not a tournament.


As much as i like the idea, i have to agree with this. So no until something changes?
Broodwar for life!
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
October 18 2019 17:23 GMT
#10
I mean what would be the prize pool then? If it's like a 5k$ tournament then 109eur for a ticket is fine..
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-18 18:32:51
October 18 2019 18:31 GMT
#11
On October 19 2019 02:23 kogeT wrote:
I mean what would be the prize pool then? If it's like a 5k$ tournament then 109eur for a ticket is fine..


this is the only good reason to charge this much.
I clicked on "I will attend and play" before seeing that. But 109 just for a table+chair, nothx
LML
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
October 18 2019 18:52 GMT
#12
Quite expensive, why Dreamhack to have a BW Lan, booking a Internet cafe seems like a cheaper option.
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-18 19:12:36
October 18 2019 19:01 GMT
#13
This was the reason I felt DreamHack Montreal was also a deterrent for many people. It was BYOC AND ~150$ to basically reserve a table (a "seat").

LA LAN had no sort of extra cost, and NYC LAN has about a 30$ charge (20$ for a computer, and 10$ which adds to the prize pool). At least if there's a cost, and it's very minimal, it's no big deal.

It's not logical for many players to pursue it with an extra cost that's just a "seat." But as Koget said, if there's a huge prize pool, then that's a different story. It's all about the value, especially if people are going to travel.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
October 18 2019 20:46 GMT
#14
On October 19 2019 01:03 GeckoXp wrote:
Nach Ostdeutschland fahr ich nur auf Ketten.


Was about to post this. Glad someone else already did.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10873 Posts
October 18 2019 23:55 GMT
#15
I think it would be pretty difficult to bring your own computer from USA to Europe, I for one do not like playing on a laptop, and putting a Desktop into your luggage and onto a plane with security now a days is a big hassle, I have done it before but they legit thought I had a bomb and TSA basically raped me.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
October 21 2019 11:17 GMT
#16
visibility bump
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
kaby
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation195 Posts
October 21 2019 13:31 GMT
#17
So this is pretty much a 'Rus_Brain, please think about this' thread, right? Because without a prize pool it is not going to happen.

Then we need to bump this one up once more, I guess.
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
October 21 2019 13:51 GMT
#18
No, this is a bump to, as stated in the OP, gauge interest in a potential event. DreamHack were kind enough to sponsor a decent prizepool at DH Montreal and this thread is to see whether Europe would be as keen to partake in a similar initiative.

While nothing has been confirmed yet, I wouldn't have brought it up if I hadn't contacted the same people who managed to secure us that CAD 2k in Montreal. I'm in talks with one more person, who has a considerable amount of experience running events, and figured throwing this subject out there wouldn't hurt (and could possibly see what they themselves could do in terms of prize purse contributions).

I'm clearly not suggesting we meet up to play 'for fun'. I wouldn't come myself if there were no money on the line. We're seeing how much interest there is in a BYOC tournament. Once that's done, we'll see what can be done in terms of prizes. And only then does everyone decide if it's worth bothering. Exactly the same process as in the case of DH Montreal. If you're not interested, that's perfectly all right. But please do not insinuate mendicancy or anything along those lines.
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
October 21 2019 14:35 GMT
#19
byoc (don't want to play on laptop), plane trip, $109 entry fee, all this makes it a bit much. (while I did go to big lans in the past, I feel too old for it now.)

So nice effort, would be great if something could happen. But for me, while I am planning on going to the inferno online gathering in Stockholm, I'll end up sitting this one out.
Moderator
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
October 21 2019 19:43 GMT
#20
On October 19 2019 04:01 SuGo wrote:
This was the reason I felt DreamHack Montreal was also a deterrent for many people. It was BYOC AND ~150$ to basically reserve a table (a "seat").

LA LAN had no sort of extra cost, and NYC LAN has about a 30$ charge (20$ for a computer, and 10$ which adds to the prize pool). At least if there's a cost, and it's very minimal, it's no big deal.

It's not logical for many players to pursue it with an extra cost that's just a "seat." But as Koget said, if there's a huge prize pool, then that's a different story. It's all about the value, especially if people are going to travel.


Plus, if the extra money goes back to people in the scene i don't mind. I gladly donated 250 $ to corrupted cup, an event i didnt even attend. No regrets. But i have no personal relation to DH. Thats different for me.
Broodwar for life!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 40m
OSC
10h 40m
Replay Cast
10h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.