• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:02
CEST 01:02
KST 08:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6014 users

Jaedong returns to BW

Forum Index > BW General
1492 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 73 74 75 Next
MarineCA1
Profile Joined June 2015
93 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-04 22:39:48
July 16 2016 00:57 GMT
#1
mod edit #3:
On November 03 2016 23:13 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2016 22:21 eviltomahawk wrote:
Has anyone got a rough translation of that interview vid that was posted a couple pages back?


I'm assuming you mean this video
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2016 15:59 toriak wrote:
Interview with Jaedong.


I translated the video very roughly in about 30 min. I didn't recheck it, and I may have missed a bit here and there. But here is a (very) rough translation

----------

Hello, I am Progamer Lee Jaedong. It has been a long time since I have introduced myself like this. It’s nice to meet you.

A New Beginning, the Tyrant, Lee Jaedong.

Q. Can you tell us what you have been up to?
A. Well, this year was the last time I was on the stage… Well, to be honest I have relaxed quite a bit. When I was a progamer, I was always extremely busy, and I wasn’t able to find the time to relax. So I have been enjoying myself, I exercised quite a bit, and I traveled a lot. I also met my friends a lot.

Q. I heard that you were worried if you still had any fans left.
A. Well… Since it’s been a long time since I have done anything in Korea, I think that I must have lost a lot of fans. To be honest, I’m not really expecting anything. I used to have a lot of fans back in the day, but now… I really don’t have any expectations.

Q. You were on a foreign team for a long time. Were there any differences between your overseas life and here in Korea?

A. Well, when I was a progamer overseas, there was a much freer atmosphere. But when I would practice, or compete in a tournament, the mental attitude had only a few similarities. I mean, because of the competitive system in Korea being so fierce, it was a bit more difficult in Korea. I have so many fond memories of being overseas.

Q. Do you have a reason for why you decided on streaming?
A. Honestly, I was really worried… For a while, a lot of people were streaming. To be honest, I don’t want to say it was something I wanted to do from the start… I mean, I was watching a lot of the gamers that I am close with streaming, and I became a bit curious. “Ah… what is it like?” “Ah, how many fans are truly out there looking for me?” It’s really like there was something that wanted me to show myself a bit more. Something where I can communicate a bit more.

Q. (Starcraft: BroodWar) must be like your home. Do you have any feelings of coming back?

A. To be honest, I was really worried. It really is a lot to bear. I mean, it’s not like being a pro gamer again, but since I really built up a career a while ago, I felt quite a bit of pressure. I felt like fans would be expecting a lot, so there was that to worry about too. To be honest, it still isn’t very easy.

Q. From now on, what kind of content do you want to make?

A. Game contents… I mean honestly, I haven’t really thought about it. In Starcraft Broodwar, zerg really has that kind of image of being strong, so I guess I want to show games like when “The Tyrant, Lee JaeDong”’s condition was in its peak as my first goal.

Q. Lastly, for all of your fans who have been awaiting your return, do you have anything you would like to say?

A. To all of my fans, in the end I will be streaming, but it really wasn’t easy to make this decision. But for all of the appreciation, love, and stuff that I have received, I want to express my gratitude. As I remember all of the great things [during my BroodWar progamer days], I want to be able to communicate with my fans, and show them my appreciation.
It really would be nice if no one has super high expectations, and I would be very thankful to anyone who is interested in watching me. I will try my best to show the kind of skills I had in my hayday. Thank you.




mod edit #2:
On November 03 2016 14:16 stuchiu wrote:
confirmed



+ Show Spoiler [old post] +


mod edit:
http://www.fomos.kr/esports/news_view?lurl=/esports/news_list?news_cate_id=1&entry_id=30070
JD denies the rumors that he's going back to BW.



If you go to the website and translate it from korean to english , you will see that Jaedong is tagged as StarCraft 1 player.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/TzgUY

Website: https://kongdoo.com/#
Facebook Twitter Reddit
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
July 16 2016 01:00 GMT
#2
I don't know enough about this website's data to know if this means anything, but I think he was happier in BW and would love to see it again. Jaedong fighting!
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
MarineCA1
Profile Joined June 2015
93 Posts
July 16 2016 01:17 GMT
#3
On July 16 2016 10:00 CursOr wrote:
I don't know enough about this website's data to know if this means anything, but I think he was happier in BW and would love to see it again. Jaedong fighting!


I hope so. Bisudagger pls release the news. PLS!
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
July 16 2016 01:52 GMT
#4
Jaedong will break the dominion's hold. Zerg will once again rule the galaxy.
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 02:05:47
July 16 2016 02:05 GMT
#5
Geez, everything going full circle with the demise of SC2 in Korea. Too bad it will never be the same as those glorious years of BW.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
July 16 2016 02:24 GMT
#6
It is a matter of time anyway.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
July 16 2016 03:10 GMT
#7
Yes, Jaedong is playing broodwar again. Learn more details on Sunday during my cast.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11790 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 03:12:37
July 16 2016 03:11 GMT
#8
At this point, I'm only really waiting for the announcement. ^_^

Other than that. Yes pls. JD we need you!

@BD, we already know he's playing BW from other pros. Excited to hear what else though.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 03:15:02
July 16 2016 03:14 GMT
#9
On July 16 2016 11:05 Disregard wrote:
Geez, everything going full circle with the demise of SC2 in Korea. Too bad it will never be the same as those glorious years of BW.


What never lived cannot die

On July 16 2016 12:11 c3rberUs wrote:
At this point, I'm only really waiting for the announcement. ^_^

Other than that. Yes pls. JD we need you!

@BD, we already know he's playing BW from other pros. Excited to hear what else though.


Maybe he switched to terran
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11790 Posts
July 16 2016 03:27 GMT
#10
On July 16 2016 12:14 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2016 11:05 Disregard wrote:
Geez, everything going full circle with the demise of SC2 in Korea. Too bad it will never be the same as those glorious years of BW.


What never lived cannot die

Show nested quote +
On July 16 2016 12:11 c3rberUs wrote:
At this point, I'm only really waiting for the announcement. ^_^

Other than that. Yes pls. JD we need you!

@BD, we already know he's playing BW from other pros. Excited to hear what else though.


Maybe he switched to terran

As if he'd betray the Swarm.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
July 16 2016 03:59 GMT
#11
JD will never betray the Overmind
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
MarineCA1
Profile Joined June 2015
93 Posts
July 16 2016 04:05 GMT
#12
Jaedong is a zerg god, he can't leave the swarm.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
July 16 2016 04:15 GMT
#13
I can confirm he is not switching to Terran.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
July 16 2016 04:33 GMT
#14
Is he switching to protoss?? :o

Seriously though, this is really cool. Possibly my favourite player throughout bw and sc2, competing only with pre-scandal savior, so would love to see him go back and do well on his home turf again.

He isn't streaming sc:bw yet right? I guess he will?
MarineCA1
Profile Joined June 2015
93 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 04:42:34
July 16 2016 04:42 GMT
#15
Jaedong playing protoss..... lmaooo. That doesn't go well together.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 16 2016 04:42 GMT
#16
I wish he'd stream regardless. Miss watching Jaedong
When I think of something else, something will go here
Intari
Profile Joined May 2015
31 Posts
July 16 2016 05:49 GMT
#17
It now says "starcraft 2" under jaedong's name (((((
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
July 16 2016 06:23 GMT
#18
On July 16 2016 12:10 BisuDagger wrote:
Yes, Jaedong is playing broodwar again. Learn more details on Sunday during my cast.

+ Show Spoiler +
My penis cannot possibly get anymore erect
Flash should fear Sacsri
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 07:01:43
July 16 2016 07:01 GMT
#19
@BisuDagger, I will not be able to watch the cast tomorrow. Could you please make a post on TL regarding it tomorrow while you are casting so I can check it?
Shinokuki
Profile Joined July 2013
United States924 Posts
July 16 2016 07:13 GMT
#20
im just pissed off at sc2 for replacing bw on PL. Game failed horribly each time and almost all progamers expressed hint of dissapointment. Blizz shouldve ended there with sc1
Life is just life
1 2 3 4 5 73 74 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 145
910 50
Dota 2
monkeys_forever327
NeuroSwarm161
Super Smash Bros
PPMD83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9104
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi2943
shahzam556
JimRising 361
C9.Mang0207
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
gamesdonequick246
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.