• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:44
CEST 03:44
KST 10:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8973 users

[Interview] MSL Semi-Final Day1 Winner - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
February 10 2011 23:40 GMT
#21
Wow great sneaking out of nowhere to go all the way to the finals. I hope hydra advances and beat him though.
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
barkles
Profile Joined May 2010
United States285 Posts
February 10 2011 23:50 GMT
#22
Poor Zero
I guess...there's next year...?
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
February 10 2011 23:54 GMT
#23
On February 11 2011 08:50 barkles wrote:
Poor Zero
I guess...there's next year...?

Next year? whats wrong with next season? or the one after that?
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Zaxro
Profile Joined November 2009
United States261 Posts
February 10 2011 23:54 GMT
#24
Good interview thanks for translating. I really like Zero (he is probably my second favorite zerg after JD) but I also really like Great, good to see him get far. Zero's weak ZvZ did him in though, imo his ZvP and ZvT are S-class or very close to it, but his ZvZ is not very good. Great's ZvZ is pretty good but either Hydra or Jaedong are gonna be heavy favorites in the final.

Also thanks to Great I am back in the top 5 in liquibet after dropping out of the top 10 from Stork losing the OSL, I thought Zero's ZvZ would probably fail him.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
February 10 2011 23:59 GMT
#25
If TBLS ends up in the same group I hope great loses in Ro32 due to karma.
boomer hands
amazingoopah
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1925 Posts
February 10 2011 23:59 GMT
#26
(Z)great believes he will revolutionize ZvZ... good to dream kid, but the Dong will probably bitchslap you as if you were Yarnc!

Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
February 11 2011 00:02 GMT
#27
Another silver for KHAN?
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
February 11 2011 00:03 GMT
#28
I'm going to show him a brand of ZvZ he has never seen before, and if that happens I think I can change the fans' image of ZvZ.


sounds like great is trying to develop strategies to force hive tech zvz's

:D this makes me happy
jaedong imba
gongryong
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1430 Posts
February 11 2011 00:07 GMT
#29
I kinda like this kid, until he utters these abominations:

But I want to beat the best player, so I hope that Jaedong advances.

Right and wrong. JEADONG is the best player ever in BW. Wrong, because there is no way to beat the BEAST!

If the game goes standard ZvZ, then I think I would be at a disadvantage,

Just getting at the booth opposite JAEDONG already puts you at a massive disadvantage.

but I'm going to show him a brand of ZvZ he has never seen before

No son. JAEDONG has been all there, has seen all that. If you think his mutaling is wicked, you'll wish you hadn't build that queens nest and double mound once he rally's his ultralisks to YOUR main and start to consume YOUR drones, lings, hydra, lurker, heck even defiler! YES, JAEDONG is THAT IMBA! LOL! Kids these days. They win one little game and they think they know anything.

GO JAEDONG GO!!!
JAEDONG ÜBERBONJWA!
Zariel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1312 Posts
February 11 2011 00:13 GMT
#30
"Great: I hope I get to vs jaedong."


Wow, very daring soldier, i like it.
sup
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
February 11 2011 00:23 GMT
#31
Balls of steel. He's got this, dudes. He'll pull out some totally sick strategies and beat The Dong(or Hydra!) in the finals, I'm sure of it.
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Darth Saros
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Czech Republic245 Posts
February 11 2011 00:40 GMT
#32
On February 11 2011 09:07 gongryong wrote:
I kinda like this kid, until he utters these abominations:

Show nested quote +
But I want to beat the best player, so I hope that Jaedong advances.

Right and wrong. JEADONG is the best player ever in BW. Wrong, because there is no way to beat the BEAST!

Show nested quote +
If the game goes standard ZvZ, then I think I would be at a disadvantage,

Just getting at the booth opposite JAEDONG already puts you at a massive disadvantage.

Show nested quote +
but I'm going to show him a brand of ZvZ he has never seen before

No son. JAEDONG has been all there, has seen all that. If you think his mutaling is wicked, you'll wish you hadn't build that queens nest and double mound once he rally's his ultralisks to YOUR main and start to consume YOUR drones, lings, hydra, lurker, heck even defiler! YES, JAEDONG is THAT IMBA! LOL! Kids these days. They win one little game and they think they know anything.


Well I saw a Jaedong hive-tech game and...oh, you are right actually-Yellow is a god, so he doesn't count.

Thx for the interview.
Only BW...And everybody and your granny should know about CYBERPUNK 2077.
k.taeyang
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Peru145 Posts
February 11 2011 00:40 GMT
#33
I think he is mind gaming JD :D
Saying he is developing lot of strategies for Hive for Jaedong to practice like hell Hive tech, while great tries to get better with standard and cheesy plays :D
노력은 절대 배신 하지 않다 - 이제동 Hardwork never betrays - Lee Jae Dong
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
February 11 2011 00:46 GMT
#34
On February 11 2011 07:50 kyzers0ze wrote:
I would really love to see jaedong in a hive tech zvz


My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the translation!
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
February 11 2011 00:56 GMT
#35
Let's go great! The last, best hope of KHAN... this season. Honestly it would be lol if great wins a final after Stork gets stomped like that (poor Stork though :/).

Also, go me, I called the result... if not ZerO winning the Hive tech game, that's silly.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Raigeki
Profile Joined September 2010
Hong Kong207 Posts
February 11 2011 01:02 GMT
#36
ZerO is the "Bisu of OSL" of MSL
Azriel
Profile Joined December 2010
Mexico462 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 01:05:34
February 11 2011 01:04 GMT
#37
On February 11 2011 09:40 k.taeyang wrote:
I think he is mind gaming JD :D
Saying he is developing lot of strategies for Hive for Jaedong to practice like hell Hive tech, while great tries to get better with standard and cheesy plays :D

For real. Folks: do not be surprised if great wins with 9pool and mutalisks.

Anyway, go great! his playstyle is very fun and he deserves to win MSL.
Crimson)S(hadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Philippines954 Posts
February 11 2011 01:06 GMT
#38


=(
"It's the end of the BW era which i devoted everything to for 10 years. I tried playing sc2, but my BW memories run too deep; I felt like I was playing an entirely different game" -ToSsGirL
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
February 11 2011 01:08 GMT
#39
Another ZvZ MSL final, with Great as the opponent. Lame.
Graphics
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 01:41:20
February 11 2011 01:37 GMT
#40
Why did he mention the 'kong' line? I think he is going to jinx it...

EDIT: although I have to say, by.great is an excellent player. KHAN often sends him as ACE.... I don't see why he can't beat zero.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
Nina 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12806
Rain 2219
Artosis 648
Dewaltoss 21
NaDa 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever713
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift4956
Counter-Strike
taco 463
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1617
ArmadaUGS404
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1271
WinterStarcraft459
Other Games
summit1g7793
Day[9].tv710
shahzam664
JimRising 597
C9.Mang0171
PiGStarcraft165
Maynarde157
ViBE155
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick943
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv710
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 16m
OSC
11h 16m
Stellar Fest
11h 16m
OSC
22h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.