• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:44
CEST 03:44
KST 10:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8973 users

[Interview] MSL Semi-Final Day1 Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 22:52:49
February 10 2011 22:45 GMT
#1
Fomos

(Z)great > (Z)Choker
(loser is also known as (Z)ZerO)

[image loading]
"I want to beat (Z)Jaedong and change the paradigm of ZvZ"

- Thoughts on your first MSL final?
▲ I can't believe it yet. Maybe I'll start to understand the gravity of it once I get home and watch the VODs.

- You must have big expectations for your first final.
▲ I think all progamers dream of this situation. I would be ecstatic if I won, but I'm not anxious or anything just yet.

- You can be the first Samsung KHAN Zerg winner.
▲ Our only winner is (P)Stork, and I'm planning to ask a lot of players with final experience. I'm not going to be like (P)JangBi and enter the (Z)Kong line.

- Jangbi, Stork, and even KHAN in PL always finished second.
▲ I'll try to break the pattern (laughs)

- Your domination in Game1 was important.
▲ The concept was to dominate Zero by showing him a style which he has never seen before. I practiced Hive tech until my wrists hurt, but the overall philosophy was that.

- You lost in the only Hive game, Game2.
▲ I planned the game with Hive in mind for every game. For Game2, Zero played exceptionally well and I did lose, but I had fun and I played an entertaining match. Even after the match, the overbearing thought was that I played a fun game, rather than I lost, so it was satisfying in its own way.

- Did you 9pool because of the loss in Game2?
▲ I already planned to do that, but I had Hive tech in mind for that game too. Luckily the opponent showed a small opening, and I was able to exploit it.

- Your planning for multiple games really shone.
▲ I learned a lot from Survivor (lol). I looked at all my losses, and I watched Zero's past VODs. I even studied his Overlord scouting patterns, and I think that helped a lot.

[image loading]

- Whoever wins in the other match, it's still a ZvZ.
▲ I think anyone in my situation would want to play (Z)Hydra. But I want to beat the best player, so I hope that Jaedong advances. If the game goes standard ZvZ, then I think I would be at a disadvantage, but I'm going to show him a brand of ZvZ he has never seen before, and if that happens I think I can change the fans' image of ZvZ. I want to show them how exciting and entertaining ZvZ can be, and I want to lead the change in paradigm. If that happens, a lot of Zergs might imitate my play, and I would be pleased. Right now, rather than winning, I want to have fun at the finals first and foremost.

- What if Hydra wins?
▲ I'll still go to Hive tech if Hydra advances. Not that Hydra is a bad player, but I want to face the best of the best in the finals, so I hope that Jaedong wins.

- All of a sudden, you feel like a ZvZ master.
▲ All the players are being called "The four masters" or "Taek-Bang-Lee-Ssang", but if I win this time, I want to put all the good players in one group. I think that will be fun.

- Final words?
▲ All of our Zergs helped me practice. (Z)Chavi gave me a lot of help on Hive ZvZ and all my teammates supported me too. I don't think I can say that I've ever gone crazy practicing, but I want to go crazy for ZvZ in the two coming weeks.

More pictures in spoiler (warning: there be many pictures):+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


[image loading]



웅진 멘쓰즈
kyzers0ze
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Singapore1073 Posts
February 10 2011 22:50 GMT
#2
I would really love to see jaedong in a hive tech zvz
8==========))
Weedk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States507 Posts
February 10 2011 22:53 GMT
#3
On February 11 2011 07:50 kyzers0ze wrote:
I would really love to see jaedong in a hive tech zvz


Ahh, this sentence reminds me of Jaedong vs YellOw. Good times.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
February 10 2011 22:54 GMT
#4
Lol Great winning an MSL would be O_O.

MSL continues its tradition of somehow having worse players make it further than osl lol
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
February 10 2011 22:55 GMT
#5
Wow Zero looks a lot like oGsMC. Dunno why I never noticed before. Anyone else think so?
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 22:59:19
February 10 2011 22:56 GMT
#6
poor great is gonna have to get a silver medal vs hydra/jaedong

beating zero in a zvz box isn't exactly something a progamer would call an accomplishment I assume

EDIT:


On February 11 2011 07:54 SubtleArt wrote:
Lol Great winning an MSL would be O_O.

MSL continues its tradition of somehow having worse players make it further than osl lol


lmao this is so true

silver, calm, kwanro, mind

but then again look at bacchus 2009, type-b made a semi final and yarnc made a final -_-

and don't forget movie
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
Quarz
Profile Joined November 2010
448 Posts
February 10 2011 22:57 GMT
#7
On February 11 2011 07:54 SubtleArt wrote:
Lol Great winning an MSL would be O_O.

MSL continues its tradition of somehow having worse players make it further than osl lol


Yeah modesty and Calm are so great players compared to great or Zero.
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
February 10 2011 22:59 GMT
#8
ZerO won the only Hive tech game and great won all the traditional ZvZs? World will spin backwards.

Wasn't that great who said that he would win in case of a hive tech game?
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
February 10 2011 23:03 GMT
#9
On February 11 2011 07:55 red4ce wrote:
Wow Zero looks a lot like oGsMC. Dunno why I never noticed before. Anyone else think so?


zero is a zillion times cuter than iron. i was so looking forward to zero taking his first ever individual league win too.
legaton
Profile Joined December 2010
France1763 Posts
February 10 2011 23:04 GMT
#10
I'm going to show him a brand of ZvZ he has never seen before


Oh lol, Jaedong has seen everything in ZvZ.
No GG, No Skill - Jaedong <3
cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
February 10 2011 23:06 GMT
#11
Great had best not cheer for Jaedong lest he wants to start an apprenticeship into the kong line.
He might be the favourite against Hydra though.
THE ANSWER IS 288
Kamille
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Monaco1035 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 23:18:10
February 10 2011 23:17 GMT
#12
Jaedong will devour him easily nomnomnom.
Priphea
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 23:26:04
February 10 2011 23:21 GMT
#13
Ohhh man. great is so asking to be sent into the Kong Line, lolz. I can hear Yellow's evil laughter in the background already. "I finally won't be the only Zerg anymore~!!"

And damn, great dissing my boy Hydra?!?? Now I actually don't care if Jaedong beats Hydra; I want to see the Dong show this guy who's boss in the finals. I hope he gets a very heavy spanking. The only good thing that will come out of him getting the gold is the possibility of seeing TaekBangLeeSsang face off against each other in the next MSL, and that's still kinda bad since some people's favorite players are going to get eliminated very, very early. :/

Thanks for the translation! And ah, you're still mad at poor Zero... There's always a next time, there's always a next time. And I'm pleased to see that you added bonus pics. Bonus pics = The icing on top that completes the whole interview.
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
February 10 2011 23:23 GMT
#14
If Great really does create a group of death like that......
Writerptrk
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
February 10 2011 23:28 GMT
#15
On February 11 2011 08:23 ArvickHero wrote:
If Great really does create a group of death like that......

Pretty sure it's not possible; since both Stork and Jaedong made the Ro8, they're guaranteed to be in different groups.
Liquipedia
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
February 10 2011 23:31 GMT
#16
Jaedong you got this!

Also, congrats to great.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
CCGaunt
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States417 Posts
February 10 2011 23:33 GMT
#17
From the Pictures you can obviously see that Pocari Sweat is the deciding factor.
Thanks for translation.
Awesome that someone from SAMSUNG KHAN and a ZERG at that is doing so well.

I still believe in the TYRANT though.
Take me to Korea
FakePlasticLove
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States357 Posts
February 10 2011 23:33 GMT
#18
Bacchus OSL 09 final repeat incoming
All walls are great if the roof doesn't fall
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
February 10 2011 23:34 GMT
#19
Chavi helped? CHAVI?
lol sorry for great, Hydra is gonna win the MSL
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 23:35:56
February 10 2011 23:35 GMT
#20
That was such a cool interview from great! But, poor kid, I don't give him more than 10% chance of beating either Jaedong or Hydra.

- Whoever wins in the other match, it's still a ZvZ.
▲ I think anyone in my situation would want to play Hydra. But I want to beat the best player, so I hope that Jaedong advances.



- All of a sudden, you feel like a ZvZ master.
▲ All the players are being called "The four masters" or "Taek-Bang-Lee-Ssang", but if I win this time, I want to put all the good players in one group. I think that will be fun.

"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
Nina 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12806
Rain 2219
Artosis 648
Dewaltoss 21
NaDa 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever713
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift4956
Counter-Strike
taco 463
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1617
ArmadaUGS404
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1271
WinterStarcraft459
Other Games
summit1g7793
Day[9].tv710
shahzam664
JimRising 597
C9.Mang0171
PiGStarcraft165
Maynarde157
ViBE155
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick943
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv710
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 16m
OSC
11h 16m
Stellar Fest
11h 16m
OSC
22h 16m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.