• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8065 users

[Interview] KT Rolster vs. Woongjin Stars Winners!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 08:27:42
December 19 2010 07:42 GMT
#1
(T)Flash-(T)fOrGG, "We want to continue our winning streak"
With the help of many people I was able to overcome the difficult times"

[image loading]


- Your thoughts on winning?
▲ (T)fOrGG= I thought (T)Really would come out on Fortress so I mainly prepared for a terran but I was a bit surprised when (P)Flying came out instead. However I think I was able to win by dealing with it well.
▲ (T)Flash= I’m really happy we were able to win 4:0 and now we’re on a 3 game winning streak… I hope we can continue this momentum and keep winning like we did last season.

- (T)Flash this is your first interview after dropping out of the MSL.
▲ (T)Flash= Usually if I lose a game I get over it within 10 to 30 minutes but that day it took the rest of the day... Afterward I did nothing and just got some rest. I just spent my time as I usually do and because my loss was due to my own lack of skill, though it’s disappointing, since I can focus more on proleague and the OSL I’ll just have to show more impressive results there.
▲ (P)Violet= I’d really hate to have to play (T)Flash in the survivor tournament after working so hard to get through the prelims (laughs).

- (T)fOrGG you seem to have recovered after slumping a bit.
▲ (T)fOrGG= I still haven’t completely recovered yet. I’ve changed the way I’m thinking about games – I think that may be why I’m on a winning streak right now. I want to keep this winning pace going.

- Did you not predict (P)Flying would use drops?
▲ (T)fOrGG= I wasn’t really anticipating it but (P)Reach hyung did use drops during practice. In the beginning because there were a lot of dragoons and he blocked my scouting scv, I did somewhat predict drops but I just didn’t deal with it as well as I should’ve.

- (T)Flash – your game was disadvantageous from the start.
▲ (T)Flash= It was a really bad start. By dropping out of the MSL I’m sure many fans were worried about my abilities but through today’s game I think I’ve shown that I’m still doing okay so I’m happy about that. I think I still have fortune on my side. I’m really glad I was able to have a come back in a game like this and I hope my fans don’t worry about me anymore.

- (T)Flash you made a scouting error in the beginning.
▲ (T)Flash= It wasn’t a mistake. It’s difficult to completely explain the situation but it wasn’t a mistake – I scouted that way on purpose. This is my own tuned strategy so to explain it would be revealing too much. Just think of it as a type of mind game (laughs).

- With the revival of its protoss line, KT is doing much better as well.
▲ (T)Flash= It’s a big relief. Everyone’s abilities have gotten better, and recently during practice the games have played out well too. Our confidence is overflowing. We’ll have to make sure not to get overconfident but I believe if I just hold my ground other players will also follow suit. I’m sure we’ll be able to show good results.

- (Z)Action mentioned yesterday in his interview after qualifying for the MSL that he felt extremely frustrated after practicing with you.
▲ (T)Flash= For Action’s MSL game I personally suggested we practice together. (Z)Action thought Triathlon was a good map for him but after practicing with him he grew very frustrated… though I don’t remember the specific details of our games together I do remember him getting very frustrated (laughs). To add to this, (T)Suny hyung and (T)BarrackS hyung also played really well but I think (Z)Action just relayed the information incompletely… he wasn’t frustrated just because of me (laughs).

- (T)fOrGG – what do you believe is necessary to get out of your slump?
▲ (T)fOrGG= Recently my games have struggled during the lategame so if I can work on perfecting my management I believe I can fully recover.

- Now it feels like in the LeeSsang record, you’ve pulled ahead.
▲ (T)Flash= I sent an encouraging text to (Z)Jaedong hyung and I believe Hwaseung will be able to pull out of their losing streak soon as well. In the past when my teammates were losing, Coach Lee pulled me aside and told me that if I continue playing my part, my teammates would soon follow suit and recover and I received a lot of strength from those words. I believe if (Z)Jaedong hyung doesn’t waver and continues to play his part, his Hwaseung teammates will also soon follow suit and catch up to him.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ (T)fOrGG= We’re on a winning streak so I hope we can continue riding this momentum.
▲ (T)Flash= Though it was a bit hard after dropping out of the MSL, I recovered from it faster than I thought. The people around me comforted me a lot and it was then I realized I have a lot of people who care for me. Because of this, I believe I’ll be able to recover even better in the future. Also, recently when my mother saw the icyhot patch on my hand, she told me she hoped I would drop one MSL or OSL. After hearing that, I realized I really do have a lot more to learn from my mother. My mother was worried when she told me that, and I was so touched – I just wanted to say how very, very thankful I am to her for her thoughts.

Source: fomos plus a little bit of desports




(P)Stats-(P)Violet, "We still have a long way to go"
(P)Violet, "Rather than flat insults, we need healthy criticism"

[image loading]


- Your thoughts on winning?
▲ (P)Violet= Woongjin’s zerg are very strong so I knew it would be a tough match but I’m so happy we were able to win and I think it’s just important for us to keep up this momentum.
▲ (P)Stats= The score was 4:0 and the team is also on a winning streak so I’m happy about that but there’s still a long way to go so I think we’ll have to keep working hard.

- You guys won back to back against Woongjin zergs.
▲ (P)Violet= Because I won the first set nicely, I thought that the other players would also follow suit after me. Though I did anticipate a zerg, I kept my mind open to other races as well. I was able to use the play I wanted to, and though I worried a lot because I lost to (Z)Action and (Z)HoeJJa a lot during practice, because I was able to win after unimpressive results recently, I think the players that followed after me felt even stronger and were thus able to win.
▲ (P)Stats= I was anticipating a zerg from the moment I started practicing for this set. Coach Kang said it would definitely be a zerg player so I only practiced my pvz and I think the result was good because of that. Personally, I’m very satisfied.

- With the protoss line winning, KT was able to win.
▲ (P)Violet= I won, and the team also won so I’m so happy. My gameplay was also pretty good so I’m satisfied in that regard as well. I hope that we can stretch our abilities to the max to continue getting these results. Above all else, I’m so happy (P)Stats is doing well. To be honest, I should have been doing better but I think I just added pressure to Stats to do better so I felt really sorry. I’ll have to play better in the future. Right now we’re on a 3 win streak and I’ve only won 2 games so it’s not yet time to be completely satisfied. I’ll have to focus on increasing my abilities even more.
▲ (P)Stats= Though our recent performance has been good, I don’t think we can easily relax and take it easy yet. Because we lost a lot in the 1st round, we still have a long way to go. We’ll have to keep our winning streak going, (P)Violet hyung will hopefully keep doing well, and our teammates will hopefully keep trying hard.

- Your games were similar.
▲ (P)Stats= I didn’t share any strategies with (P)Violet hyung.
▲ (P)Violet= We didn’t share any information while preparing for today’s matches but we sit next to each other and we regularly share information with one another so that’s probably why our games were similar. Also, you usually start taking after the person who does well and I think that’s why my play style is starting to take after (P)Stats’ style. Also, Woongjin’s players’ strategies were similar so our reactions were similar as well. But still, today (P)Stats did better (laughs).
▲ (P)Stats= No! I think (P)Violet hyung did better (laughs).

- (P)Stats you suffered a bit because of your opponent’s use of burrow.
▲ (P)Stats= Originally after going to attack I was going to use psionic storm to inflict some damage but because of my opponent’s burrowed zerglings my expanding timing was delayed as well as my attack timing. However, because zerg was also in a situation where they had to build units, I wasn’t in that bad of a situation.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ (P)Stats= I want to give a huge thank you to (P)Tempest hyung and (Z)HoeJJa hyung for helping me practice, and also extend my thank you to the coach and coaching staff who believed in me to send me out, as well as Coach Lee Kil Man.
▲ (P)Violet= I want to thank (Z)Action and (Z)HoeJJa for helping me practice and I also want to say that I think they are both amazing players.
Compared to the other players, I surf the starcraft community boards a lot but lately there’s been a lot of harsh posts. I want to address those people. A starcraft player puts in hours of thought and effort for one game. I wish they wouldn’t insult that hard work. I really wish they’d either keep those thoughts to themselves or not post those insults. Though even bad attention is somewhat good, when reading those posts, it is really hard for the player. If encouragement is too much, rather than straight out attacks I wish they would give healthy criticism instead. Maybe it’s because my teammates have become like my family now, but when I read those posts, it really tears my heart up. I just hope they think of our feelings just a little bit please.

Source: fomos plus a little bit of desports
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 07:46:01
December 19 2010 07:45 GMT
#2
Yesss Flash <3
Thanks for the quick translations!
:)
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 19 2010 07:48 GMT
#3
Thank youuuu Smix~

Wow I really like Flash's resolve. Wonder if this will help KT get on its feet in PL if Flash can practice more with them? Also Flash-Jaedong would make a cute homo fanfic.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
AppleTart
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1261 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 07:51:30
December 19 2010 07:51 GMT
#4
Flash is really strong, even after being eliminated, he makes no excuses. It seems he can find happiness in everything in his life. I really admire him. A true Bonjwa!
always tired -_-
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
December 19 2010 07:56 GMT
#5
So fast! Thanks!
133 221 333 123 111
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
December 19 2010 08:05 GMT
#6
Kinda only half the team.... But thanks for the translations!
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
December 19 2010 08:05 GMT
#7
Wow, fast. TY Smix <3
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 19 2010 08:07 GMT
#8
Yeah don't slump flash you got to take the osl .....
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
December 19 2010 08:07 GMT
#9
On December 19 2010 17:05 moopie wrote:
Wow, fast. TY Smix <3

Thank Flamewheel for bugging her to do it so fast too.

Thanks smix~
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
December 19 2010 08:09 GMT
#10
lol I would love to see Flash go to Oz, if only for a lil.

Oz'z lineup has been so bad lately that I think even Jaedong and Flash combined would have a hard time getting them high in the rankings XD
Jaedong and Baby
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
December 19 2010 08:12 GMT
#11
- Flash you made a scouting error in the beginning.
▲ Flash= It wasn’t a mistake. It’s difficult to completely explain the situation but it wasn’t a mistake – I scouted that way on purpose. This is my own tuned strategy so to explain it would be revealing too much. Just think of it as a type of mind game (laughs).

That's the second time in recent games that this 'strategy' was used :3 I don't like it.

On December 19 2010 17:07 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 17:05 moopie wrote:
Wow, fast. TY Smix <3

Thank Flamewheel for bugging her to do it so fast too.

flamewheel knows I'm all about the <3
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 19 2010 08:13 GMT
#12
Anyone is going to do the interview for msl group G ???? please
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 19 2010 08:14 GMT
#13
On December 19 2010 17:13 Sawamura wrote:
Anyone is going to do the interview for msl group G ???? please

I can do it tomorrow if it's still not up o.0
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 19 2010 08:17 GMT
#14
thanks for the fast interview smix!
haha forgg needs to work on his lategame cause all he knows are timing attacks
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
December 19 2010 08:19 GMT
#15
wow, that was fast!
Thanks a lot for translating, smix! <3
화이팅
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
December 19 2010 08:27 GMT
#16
she told me she hoped I would drop one MSL or OSL.

lol, I don't get this part. O_o why would Flash's mom hope that he'd drop MSL or OSL? So that he could get some rest because she has seen him 'overworking' recently?
Action mentioned yesterday in his interview after qualifying for the MSL that he felt extremely frustrated after practicing with you.
Isn't that what non-Flash KT members all feel
anyway Flash fighting! Normally I would be very worried for him after each loss but after the MSL dropout I just had a feeling that he'll be fine. Thanks Smix0rz! It was nice having you in the stream today
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
December 19 2010 08:28 GMT
#17
On December 19 2010 17:27 mnesthes wrote:
Show nested quote +
she told me she hoped I would drop one MSL or OSL.

lol, I don't get this part. O_o why would Flash's mom hope that he'd drop MSL or OSL? So that he could get some rest because she has seen him 'overworking' recently?


yes, exactly
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 19 2010 08:41 GMT
#18
thanks smix and flamewheel for the translation ^^
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
kassi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States290 Posts
December 19 2010 08:45 GMT
#19
Thank you for translating! That was super fast!

I love Flash. Sometimes I think he gets a little cocky but then when things happen, I love the way he admits his faults and pulls himself together. Bonjwa =) I don't know about this whole scouting thing though... it makes me panic when I see him do this "planned missing". And, that picture of KT protoss too cute (although I really miss Violet's glasses)... Pictures in which the progamers are actually smiling instead of giving the -.- face make me happy.

ps. Clearly Flash lost MSL to please his mom >.>
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 19 2010 08:47 GMT
#20
On December 19 2010 17:41 Sawamura wrote:
thanks smix and flamewheel for the translation ^^

She did all of it I just did the pestering ><

▲ Violet= I want to thank Action and HoeJJa for helping me practice and I also want to say that I think they are both amazing players.
Compared to the other players, I surf the starcraft community boards a lot but lately there’s been a lot of harsh posts. I want to address those people. A starcraft player puts in hours of thought and effort for one game. I wish they wouldn’t insult that hard work. I really wish they’d either keep those thoughts to themselves or not post those insults. Though even bad attention is somewhat good, when reading those posts, it is really hard for the player. If encouragement is too much, rather than straight out attacks I wish they would give healthy criticism instead. Maybe it’s because my teammates have become like my family now, but when I read those posts, it really tears my heart up. I just hope they think of our feelings just a little bit please.

Sponsored. A while back I thought about this and realized that I shouldn't say somebody is sucking, I should just talk about the other player.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 221
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason36
MindelVK 29
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21891
Shuttle 691
White-Ra 139
Hyuk 126
Dewaltoss 104
firebathero 72
Trap 47
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Rock 17
[ Show more ]
Bale 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9885
qojqva1482
Counter-Strike
fl0m1515
Fnx 838
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2872
Khaldor1216
crisheroes1149
Liquid`Hasu517
Other Games
summit1g4649
FrodaN1582
Beastyqt451
XBOCT259
C9.Mang0185
ArmadaUGS175
QueenE79
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 74
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie877
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 57m
Online Event
15h 57m
FEL
20h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.