• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8813 users

[Interview] MST Group 5 Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 14:53:40
November 18 2010 14:43 GMT
#1
KIM TAEK YONGGGGGGGG

[image loading]

- Thoughts on qualifying for the MSL?
▲ Before the match I had a feeling it would be a tough battle. My opponent in Set 1, Orion, hasn't played much in the Proleague and must have had more time to prepare than I did, but my strategy countered his. I felt very lucky. [T/N Corsairs massacre Zerg air? Say it ain't so, Beesuit!]

- This is your 12th straight time in the MSL
▲I knew I'd been qualifying for a while, but I didn't know it was my 12th time. Thinking back, it's been a long time since I've played qualifiers, I've always stayed in the MSL. That said, my inability to do well has left me frustrated. Lately I've been on a hot streak, and I have to go far this time.

- What was the key to winning Game 1?
▲ Countering his Mutas was key. I kept on making Corsairs, and luckily for me, he kept on making Mutalisks. Once I defended the first wave of Muta+Scourge and countered him, I had the advantage.
.
- You're on an 8-game PvZ win streak
▲ I'm just playing like I do in practice, things are just going well. It feels like my opponents are intentionally losing to me, haha [T/N MATCH FIXING?!]. I'm really surprised that I'm on such a streak - someday I'll lose. Still, I want to push this as far as I can and rack up long winning streaks.

- Circuit Breaker is said to be a difficult for Protoss?
▲ The starting positions are a bit far away, and it's easy to get vulture harassed. I was in a bit of trouble in the middle, but because I had a good economy, I mustered up a strong force. After taking out my opponent's first tank I felt I had a big advantage and could win.

- Once you macroed up you went immediately for a push break
▲ During practice my troops clump together often and I have a hard time breaking tank lines. This time, my Zealots and shuttles were able to successfully close in on the tanks, and so I broke them.

- You finished Round 1 in the Proleague with a perfect record, and also qualified for the MSL - nicely done! Your goals for this season?
▲When I was in a slump I had no idea how or why I was losing, but recently matches have all been going smoothly. My goal for this season is to win an individual championship - it's been more than two years since my last one.

- Are you confident?
▲ It all depends on my own effort. If I keep on working hard, I feel that nothing's impossible.
.
- Final remarks?
▲ I'd like to thank all my practice partners. Paralyze and Hyuk both have OSL matches tomorrow, I hope they can advance, and we can all participate in the Selection Ceremony together.

Source: PLU

REALLY

[image loading]

- Thoughts on advancing to the MSL two times in a row?
▲ Has it been two straight? I had no idea, haha. It feels like my first time.

-You defeated Hyun twice, has your TvZ improved a lot?
▲ Because my practice partners were Woongjin's Zergs, I definitely improved a lot. I performed poorly in the past because I wasn't mentally in the zone yet. Now that I've got it all together, I'll do better and better.

- Your match against Bisu was unfortunate
▲ Yeah, although it's over now, I still have regrets. I had bad control and got my first tank sniped, and after finishing my 3rd, I even screwed up my rally. I played poorly. I hope to be put into Bisu's group again and challenge him once more. I lost in the Proleague to him too, so if I meet him again I have to win.

- You had been doing well in TvP
▲ I had a lot of confidence before the match, but it collapsed all of a sudden, haha. I'm working very hard right now, and I'm confident I can do better.
.
- There are already 3 Woongjin players in the MSL now
▲ The individual leagues really come down to your fundamentals - they all have strong fundamentals, so it's natural that they advanced, haha.

- Do you wish to do well in the individual leagues a lot?
▲ This is my first time in the individual leagues after changing teams, so I hope to put up strong performances. I don't have any concrete goals yet though.

- Final remarks?
▲ I want to apologize to Hyun-hyung for beating him twice in advancing. In MBC, Hyun's called the "Mother Zerg", but my practice partner was the "son of the Queen", so I had to win, haha. I'm really sorry. Thanks to Piano and Zero for supporting me in between the matches.

Source: PLU
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
November 18 2010 14:59 GMT
#2
Really, as a Woongjin fan, please improve your TvZ before MSL starts.
And stop channeling Fantasy in you bio control.
웅진 멘쓰즈
RandomAbuse
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
187 Posts
November 18 2010 15:16 GMT
#3
Lol I like Reallys face, he seems really happy.
Kawatan wrote: "Defilers are mid units".
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 15:18:52
November 18 2010 15:16 GMT
#4
On November 18 2010 23:43 Funnytoss wrote:

- You finished Round 1 in the Proleague with a perfect record, and also qualified for the MSL - nicely done! Your goals for this season?
▲When I was in a slump I had no idea how or why I was losing, but recently matches have all been going smoothly. My goal for this season is to win an individual championship - it's been more than two years since my last one.




I think i'm not the only one to hope this comes true.
Bisu fighting!


€: Thx for translation.
wat
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
November 18 2010 15:34 GMT
#5
- Final remarks?
▲ I want to apologize to Hyun-hyung for beating him twice in advancing. In MBC, Hyun's called the "Mother Zerg", but my practice partner was the "son of the Queen", so I had to win, haha. I'm really sorry. Thanks to Piano and Zero for supporting me in between the matches.


LOL Mother Zerg?! What a cute nickname for Hyun, even though i don't really like him
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 16:28:51
November 18 2010 16:26 GMT
#6
Yeah Kim Taek Yong! I hope you win both leagues (one can dream)
Hoping Really's TvZ gets better since he has Soulkey and Zero to practice with. I almost forgot he had come from another team.
Thanks for the interviews.

Afrotoss playing tomorrow night, better tune in.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
November 18 2010 16:27 GMT
#7
On November 19 2010 00:34 Invictus wrote:
Show nested quote +
- Final remarks?
▲ I want to apologize to Hyun-hyung for beating him twice in advancing. In MBC, Hyun's called the "Mother Zerg", but my practice partner was the "son of the Queen", so I had to win, haha. I'm really sorry. Thanks to Piano and Zero for supporting me in between the matches.


LOL Mother Zerg?! What a cute nickname for Hyun, even though i don't really like him


Sea said he and Saint call Hyun "Mum". lol
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
November 18 2010 16:47 GMT
#8
NO MORE MOTHERFUCKING MODESTY

30-WIN GOALS ARE TOO LOW

TIME TO WIN A TITLE

KIM. TAEK. SHIN.
boomer hands
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 18 2010 16:52 GMT
#9
My goal for this season is to win an individual championship - it's been more than two years since my last one.


shit got serious
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
November 18 2010 17:27 GMT
#10
Thanks for the quick translations!

Is "son of a queen" a reference to Zero?
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 18 2010 17:28 GMT
#11
YEAHHHHH BISUUU! he's lookin like his old self!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
November 18 2010 17:36 GMT
#12
On November 19 2010 02:27 Aesop wrote:
Thanks for the quick translations!

Is "son of a queen" a reference to Zero?


I think so cos Zero's nickname is The Little Prince.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
November 18 2010 17:45 GMT
#13
TY translation. Hell ya Bisu. I hope if really matches up with him again that Bisu will dominate again!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 18 2010 18:47 GMT
#14
Bisu looks scarier than Flash this season, to be honest.
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
November 18 2010 18:53 GMT
#15
On November 19 2010 03:47 _Quasar_ wrote:
Bisu looks scarier than Flash this season, to be honest.


Don't say that till he takes a game off of jaedong or flash!

I'm really happy for Bisu, and I like how his goal is to win an individual title, if he does this I will be amazed and we really will have another protoss era in broodwar!
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 18 2010 19:50 GMT
#16
none of the above have yet taken a game from each other, so we still have to know )

But... the Total Starcraft is here. No more notion of a "build order". Just an adaptation, calculation and mind games - everywhere, every second. This season has to be a brilliant one. I'm really looking forward to seeing its final and deciding parts. )) All is there - current aces, one of them badly longing for the revenge on the other, the third one, returned from a slump when his fans almost lost hope, new promising players (Neo Generation )) ) and many many fields for them to prove themselves... or to fall on...
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 18 2010 19:50 GMT
#17

- Circuit Breaker is said to be a difficult for Protoss?
▲ The starting positions are a bit far away, and it's easy to get vulture harassed. I was in a bit of trouble in the middle, but because I had a good economy, I mustered up a strong force. After taking out my opponent's first tank I felt I had a big advantage and could win.

Bisu dodges the map imba question!
Moderator
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
November 18 2010 19:53 GMT
#18
Map imba questions are imba themselves. They can only be dodged. =)))))
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
November 18 2010 19:55 GMT
#19
On November 19 2010 04:50 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +

- Circuit Breaker is said to be a difficult for Protoss?
▲ The starting positions are a bit far away, and it's easy to get vulture harassed. I was in a bit of trouble in the middle, but because I had a good economy, I mustered up a strong force. After taking out my opponent's first tank I felt I had a big advantage and could win.

Bisu dodges the map imba question!

they're only imba once bisu loses on them.

so this season no map will be imba
boomer hands
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
November 18 2010 21:57 GMT
#20
GOGO REALLY!!! I'm sure he'll be able to do well, if the only P he looses to is bisu, thats not bad.

Now that he can beat z's. i'm pumped. just no teamkill plz!
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC127
EnkiAlexander 11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50771
Bisu 2259
Horang2 1301
Hyuk 615
BeSt 480
EffOrt 428
Mini 398
Light 354
Soma 329
Larva 287
[ Show more ]
ZerO 185
Shuttle 152
Rush 138
Mong 93
Leta 89
Barracks 83
Snow 69
Pusan 63
Sea.KH 59
ToSsGirL 50
Mind 47
Aegong 33
Yoon 30
JYJ 28
Sexy 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4808
XaKoH 401
Counter-Strike
Fnx 719
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1431
Khaldor1190
Lowko430
Other Games
gofns35645
singsing2086
olofmeister1294
B2W.Neo445
hiko402
Livibee198
Beastyqt167
Liquid`VortiX90
Mew2King75
ZerO(Twitch)15
djWHEAT14
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 258
ComeBackTV 198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 124
Other Games
BasetradeTV52
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 51m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 51m
Online Event
21h 51m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.