• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:03
CEST 13:03
KST 20:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7371 users

[Interview] MSL Group A Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 12:47:20
July 01 2010 10:53 GMT
#1
Both interviews are done, and you did not see this translation thread

+ Show Spoiler +

(Z)EffOrt: I fooled (T)Flash

[image loading]

-Thoughts on being the first to advance to ro16?
▲ I didn't really wanted to be in the opening match initially, but since I won 2:0 in such a hasty fashion it felt like I was flying, I'm so happy! I came here thoroughly prepared and got pretty good results.

-You met (T)Flash in the winner's game.
▲ Before our match we said to each other in the waiting room, that we will advance together, however we each thought 'I will advance first'. We've already said during the group selection that we wish to beat each other, and in the end I won, so I'm very happy.

-Your mind game was exceptionally strong, and you seem to be unusually confident against the (T)Flash, who has 100 dan vision. (T/N: probably means flash sees all aka hax)
▲ Recently I tried alot of different freestyle strategies, and I discovered alot of pretty good plays. In one particular, it doesn't matter how good (T)Flash's vision is, if I could act well, I could definitely fool him. And since my acting skill is better than flash's vision, I'm very confident.

-Your thoughts on this season?
▲ I've only gotten into ro16, and I hope I can make a better mark in BoX series. I hope I can go further in this MSL.

-(T)sKyHigh will play soon.
▲ I actually played alot of games with him, we studied maps and practiced together. Since we are very good teammates, I hope he can advance as well.

-You seem to have stagnated abit after your OSL win.
▲ Whenever everyone think I'm in a slump and in a losing streak, I can only think about how I must play better. Now that I finally got some results, its very sweet.

-Anything else you want to say?
▲ (T)sKyHigh you better advance. (laugh)


+ Show Spoiler +

(T)Flash: I will show my champion strength.

[image loading]

-Thoughts on advancing?
▲ I'm very happy to have advanced, my only regret is that I didn't win 2:0.

-What do you think of the match against (T)Classic?
▲ I predicted his strategy, so I was able to win easily.

-In your match against (Z)EffOrt you were beaten by mind game.
▲ During the match even I thought I was a goner, after the match the coach told me that he went hive without making a single lurker, and I thought it was pretty ridiculous. However, I did lose, and I hope we can play again in the future.

-What's your goal this season?
▲ The ultimate goal is winning the final of course, but I still have to take it one step at a time. Even if I'm losing I must show my strength as a champion, and go the extra distance.

-Your recent results has been inconsistent.
▲ I don't mind, I can take it. I have been searching for my form in my recent matches, and now I've already regained the feel I had last season.

-What's the reason for going mech in the final match?
▲ Terrans have alot of strategic choices on Odd-eye, I merely chose one of them.

-You might have to play against a teammate in ro16.
▲ Looks like I made a mistake in group selection, I hope (P)Violet hyung can advance in second place (laugh).

-It seems like your choice of drinks has changed?
▲ No, it's just that I already drank all the ones that I had, and the coach had to buy more for me on the spot (laugh).

-Any last thoughts?
▲ There's alot I want to say, it's about one of our team member whose identity I will not disclose. Last season I won the most-win award, but then he goes to the other teammates and said 'flash should have played better'. Saying those kind of things really hurt me. For the team I have won 2 consecutive most-win award and I sacrificed alot for it, and because of that I feel that I have worked harder than anyone. I hope after he has seen this interview he would feel a little guilty towards me. Saying those things behind my back really disappointed me. We are all working hard for the same team, so there should be no reason to say bad things between team members.
(T/N: Ok I did some extra reading and apparently there is abit of lost in translation, the person in question is someone that works with the team but it may not be a player, so it could be a team/management staff for all we know. Flash was being pretty vague.)


Source: http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203811&extra=page=1
http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-07-01/19564.html

Edit: I accidentally forgot to add 'Ro32' in the thread title, I wonder if its a big deal? If so can some mod fix it?
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
July 01 2010 10:56 GMT
#2
thanks for super-fast tranlations : >
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
July 01 2010 10:58 GMT
#3
lol effort!
and nice, thanks!
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Rio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Vietnam598 Posts
July 01 2010 11:01 GMT
#4
CJ fighting
What ever ---------------------------------------------------™
Hallucination
Profile Joined May 2010
United States249 Posts
July 01 2010 11:20 GMT
#5
Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

Flash vs Effort in a series PLEASE
scrubtastic
Profile Joined May 2009
1166 Posts
July 01 2010 11:32 GMT
#6
what? another series where effort embarrasses flash with just lings?

+ Show Spoiler +
I mean it was so pathetic, flash failed so hard to lose 3 in a row from a 2-0 lead+ Show Spoiler +
I mean my D+ friend can build a supply depot to block some lings in the min line+ Show Spoiler +
eh don't mind me I'm just being a sarcastic prick


Thanks for the translation!
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
July 01 2010 11:35 GMT
#7
On July 01 2010 20:20 Hallucination wrote:
Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

Flash vs Effort in a series PLEASE


Kekekeke! That is from George Bush Right?

AH, Finally Flash interview
SO LONG. *touching*
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
FireGuyX
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1712 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 11:37:02
July 01 2010 11:36 GMT
#8
I'm glad Flash advanced despite losing, still it wasn't a box series so it doesn't matter. I don't see Effort winning another starleague unless he doesn't have to play Flash or Jaedong.
Flash, ForGG, and Movie fan.
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
July 01 2010 12:16 GMT
#9
Hope whoever said Flash should have played better can back up his statement... like "was just kidding guys..." - _ -
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 12:22:41
July 01 2010 12:18 GMT
#10
Effort is either a very bad TvZ practice partner, or Skyhigh is just plain bad.
-Any last thoughts?
▲ There's alot I want to say, it's about one of our team member whose identity I will not disclose. Last season I won the most-win award, but then he goes to the other teammates and said 'flash should have played better'. Saying those kind of things really hurt me. For the team I have won 2 consecutive most-win award and I sacrificed alot for it, and because of that I feel that I have worked harder than anyone. I hope after he has seen this interview he would feel a little guilty towards me. Saying those things behind my back really disappointed me. We are all working hard for the same team, so there should be no reason to say bad things between teammates.

lol drama. Well I wonder if Flash would transfer to another team.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
kawatan
Profile Joined January 2010
288 Posts
July 01 2010 12:20 GMT
#11
my money is on forgg.
alexpnd
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1857 Posts
July 01 2010 12:23 GMT
#12
Who is the traitor? I'd like to hate him. lol.

GJ on tricking flash cause thats all you got buddy. Can't wait for the next rounds.
www.brainyweb.ca //web stuff!
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
July 01 2010 12:25 GMT
#13
lol glad they asked about the missing pocari sweat hahaha

and i wonder who's that teammate?

tnx for the fast translation
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
July 01 2010 12:29 GMT
#14
-Your recent results has been inconsistent.
▲ I don't mind, I can take it. I have been searching for my form in my recent matches, and now I've already regained the feel I had last season.

Just what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the translation.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
July 01 2010 12:38 GMT
#15
burn the traitor!
POGGERS
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
July 01 2010 12:40 GMT
#16
On July 01 2010 19:53 themonkyguy wrote:
Both interviews are done, and you did not see this translation thread

+ Show Spoiler +


-Anything else you want to say?
▲ (T)sKyHigh you better advance. (laugh)



UH OH.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
July 01 2010 12:42 GMT
#17
I dont think it was forgg, my tip would have been lux, hes a giant douche and was on the team at that time iirc
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
July 01 2010 12:46 GMT
#18
Ok I did some extra reading and apparently there is abit of lost in translation, the person in question is someone that works with the team but it may not be a player, so it could be a team/management staff for all we know. Flash was being pretty vague.
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
July 01 2010 13:07 GMT
#19
Thanks for interview.
God, when I think of it, when a z makes 3 saturated bases without a single lurker and only around 10 speedlings... Mother of god, if that's what it takes to beat him.
It's somewhat the same thing JD tried against him on Triathlon.
In the woods, there lurks..
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
July 01 2010 13:22 GMT
#20
During the match even I thought I was a goner, after the match the coach told me that he went hive without making a single lurker, and I thought it was pretty ridiculous.


Lol Flash, Effort totally outplayed you, its ok to admit it for once
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings129
SHIN 63
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 263
OGKoka 252
mouzHeroMarine 206
SHIN 63
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55250
Calm 9876
Rain 2799
FanTaSy 1138
soO 1010
BeSt 931
Bisu 586
Stork 377
Soulkey 336
Soma 265
[ Show more ]
Rush 219
firebathero 210
Last 134
Snow 81
Mind 79
Pusan 73
Light 68
ToSsGirL 58
Sexy 50
Shinee 47
Sharp 38
Mong 36
Killer 31
hero 28
Trap 23
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 17
yabsab 17
HiyA 16
zelot 16
sorry 15
Shine 14
Terrorterran 11
Noble 9
IntoTheRainbow 5
scan(afreeca) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7292
League of Legends
Reynor78
Counter-Strike
byalli681
x6flipin213
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns27674
singsing1947
Pyrionflax236
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 68
• Gemini_19 2
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• Jankos3137
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 57m
OSC
11h 57m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.