• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:51
CEST 22:51
KST 05:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7617 users

Jaehoon - PvX enigma? - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
January 21 2011 06:43 GMT
#261
I also read the article more in depth instead of glossing over it, and white_horse is right. I read a netizen's comment "Ah I didn't know that Jaehoon thought of retiring, that's so depressing ㅠㅠ" and thought that Jaehoon was literally going to retire, but like white_horse said, Jaehoon was thinking about retiring after losing games left and right a while ago, but with persuasion from the new coaches along with Jaehoon playing really well recently, it looks like Jaehoon isn't going to retire anytime soon. The Korean netizens are proud of Jaehoon's decision and are cheering him on, and hope that he'll display even better games in the future.

So it seems that Sea didn't get in a fight with Jaehoon because of possible retirement reasons, but probably over some small matter or something. I feel really sorry for MBC though, since they've seen way too many great players leave their team, so I bet the new coaches were fighting really hard for Jaehoon to stay and try one more shot. MBC never wants to go through that pain again.
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 07:09:09
January 21 2011 06:49 GMT
#262
Wow, after reading the last page, I feel really bad for thinking Jaehoon was horrible and putting him on anti (though he's kicking my arse for it atm). If he's made that kind of decision to keep playing, I'll be sure to support him from now on.

Keep fighting (and sweating) Jaehoon~

Edit: Took him out of anti :<
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
January 21 2011 09:29 GMT
#263
On January 21 2011 14:57 white_horse wrote:
I just read the above article, and its really just a story about Jaehoon and how he got to be where he is now. I didn't read anything about sea in it. Some points to note from the article:

Jaehoon is really good during practice but becomes very nervous during games, which is partly why he doesn't achieve great results.

Jaehoon considered retiring last year but with coach lineup change, the coaches persuaded him to stay at least one more year and give it a shot, which he did.

The story is kind of depressing, Jaehoon seems like a really solid player and he practices a shit ton but hasn't been able to reach his goals or become a really good player yet. I hope he can do everything he wants to.

Thank you for clearing that up!

I hope he continues to be a progamer even after this year. I'm glad DES chose to do a profile on Jaehoon because not many pple knew just how bad his nerves were. It was really sad last year when Light had to go into the booth after his games to console him.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
January 21 2011 19:48 GMT
#264
On January 21 2011 14:57 white_horse wrote:
I just read the above article, and its really just a story about Jaehoon and how he got to be where he is now. I didn't read anything about sea in it. Some points to note from the article:

Jaehoon is really good during practice but becomes very nervous during games, which is partly why he doesn't achieve great results.

Jaehoon considered retiring last year but with coach lineup change, the coaches persuaded him to stay at least one more year and give it a shot, which he did.

The story is kind of depressing, Jaehoon seems like a really solid player and he practices a shit ton but hasn't been able to reach his goals or become a really good player yet. I hope he can do everything he wants to.

I don't remember exactly where I heard this but I remember someone on tl asked Sea about this why everyone in interviews always thanks Jaehoon for practice and asked if he was really that good in practice and Sea mentioned that they usually just mention their practice partners to make them feel better.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 21 2011 23:13 GMT
#265
On January 22 2011 04:48 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 14:57 white_horse wrote:
I just read the above article, and its really just a story about Jaehoon and how he got to be where he is now. I didn't read anything about sea in it. Some points to note from the article:

Jaehoon is really good during practice but becomes very nervous during games, which is partly why he doesn't achieve great results.

Jaehoon considered retiring last year but with coach lineup change, the coaches persuaded him to stay at least one more year and give it a shot, which he did.

The story is kind of depressing, Jaehoon seems like a really solid player and he practices a shit ton but hasn't been able to reach his goals or become a really good player yet. I hope he can do everything he wants to.

I don't remember exactly where I heard this but I remember someone on tl asked Sea about this why everyone in interviews always thanks Jaehoon for practice and asked if he was really that good in practice and Sea mentioned that they usually just mention their practice partners to make them feel better.

It was MrHoon.


On August 09 2009 15:22 MrHoon wrote:
Since there is a question of 'practicing with other teams' I will say what (T)Sea[Shield] has told me directly about practicing with other teams. I hope this gets quoted or stapled into everyone's head once in the future

Show nested quote +
MrHoon: Hey Sea, I was wondering how often progamers PRACTICE with other teams? Because in alot of interviews S-Class players always thank players like Jaehoon and etc. If you guys do practice often, how long/how many matches do you practice with them?

Sea[Shield]: A common misconception is that when we say we got help from other teams is that people believe we do this for like 10 hours. This is wrong. When we say in interviews "Thank you progamer X for practicing with me" we say that because we really don't have anything else to say and it makes the other player happy; common courtesy I guess. When another teammate even practices 1 game with us we are very happy and thankful, but most of our games are inhouse. We may play around with other gamers but practicing with opposite teams do not happen much as...
A) There are many many teammates to practice with so chances are you will always have a practice partner
B) If there is no-one to practice with, we will practice with online practice partners people first rather than other teams. It isn't good in the future if you practice with other teams if you catch my drift.
C) Training schedules are different for everyteam. Also during practice sessions we are usually not allowed to even get on Battle.Net or 3rd party servers.

Stork Hyung and I are very very close, but even then we really can't play together that often unless it's vacation or a holiday or like my team you didn't advance to Playoffs (laugh).


Then we proceeded to eat steak
Moderator。◕‿◕。
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
January 21 2011 23:37 GMT
#266
one arbiter: 100 minerals, 350 gas.
one observer: 25 minerals, 75 gas.
one army: something like 3k minerals and 1k gas.
recalling ONE OBSERVER into the terran main: priceless.
for everything you can't buy, there's Jaehoon's recall fail.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
February 22 2011 17:23 GMT
#267
Lol, everything I see from him makes me bust up laughing.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Diglett
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
600 Posts
November 04 2011 23:28 GMT
#268
Jaehoon is the secret weapon of the dream team.
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
November 04 2011 23:42 GMT
#269
ppp
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 00:09:43
November 05 2011 00:09 GMT
#270
^
OMG OMG (insert Day[9] laugh here) hahaha hahaha hahaha
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
November 05 2011 00:17 GMT
#271
rofl i saw that live.

lucky i wasnt drinking/eating anything otherwise i would probably choke to death haha
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
chocolatebunny
Profile Joined September 2011
301 Posts
November 05 2011 00:31 GMT
#272
lol im so very confused >.<
how is it that he only recalled one observer?

i mean it looks like he should recall his army

Edit: oh i get it >.< olololol
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
November 05 2011 00:33 GMT
#273
I knew this thread was gonna get bumped sooner .. lol
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
November 05 2011 00:37 GMT
#274
On November 05 2011 08:42 supernovamaniac wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLbnuQDDos&feature=channel_video_title


well.
starleague forever
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
November 05 2011 01:13 GMT
#275
looool snm
POGGERS
KenNage
Profile Joined May 2009
Chile885 Posts
November 05 2011 01:49 GMT
#276
loool i remember this xD, its funny but it actually feels bad about laughing at jaehoon :C
Kroml
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 02:33:48
November 05 2011 02:29 GMT
#277
Omg, I watched that game vs FBH, he looked like he was trying so hard, I tried to stop laughing but couldn't help it, ended up feeling so guilty for laughing at him. But seriously, what was that game ahahahahahahahahahahah, oh I feel so so bad
FraCuS
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1072 Posts
November 05 2011 04:00 GMT
#278
I'm sorry for LOL'ing, I'm just as bad too

That recall fail against Really got me laughing so fucking hard haha
Apink/Girl's Day/miss A/IU/Crayon Pop/Sistar/Exo K :D l Kpop and Kdrama Enthusiast
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 04:02:38
November 05 2011 04:02 GMT
#279
On November 05 2011 13:00 FraCuS wrote:
I'm sorry for LOL'ing, I'm just as bad too

That recall fail against Really got me laughing so fucking hard haha

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're much worse.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
November 05 2011 04:09 GMT
#280
On November 05 2011 13:02 Ryo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2011 13:00 FraCuS wrote:
I'm sorry for LOL'ing, I'm just as bad too

That recall fail against Really got me laughing so fucking hard haha

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're much worse.


*claps*
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 146
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 214
Dewaltoss 111
Hyuk 67
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift2082
Counter-Strike
fl0m1516
Fnx 753
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5096
Khaldor1039
crisheroes894
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g8006
FrodaN3110
shahzam435
KnowMe330
XBOCT308
C9.Mang0191
ArmadaUGS130
ZombieGrub45
Trikslyr28
CosmosSc2 21
PPMD14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2997
Other Games
• imaqtpie844
• Shiphtur281
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 9m
Online Event
14h 9m
FEL
19h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.