• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:00
CEST 22:00
KST 05:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8904 users

Starleague live finals event? (sf bay area) - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Moletrap
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1297 Posts
December 09 2009 04:18 GMT
#61
Heh, I had been toying with the idea of organizing something like this. Well, I'd probably go.
aka Moletrap
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 04:25:06
December 09 2009 04:24 GMT
#62
It's ridiculously hard to find a venue willing to help you with this at 2am. I organized the nerd gathering at Blizzcon and we ended up paying over a thousand dollars for a convention center room at a hotel. PM me if you want any advice, but using internal connections is definitely the way to do this - if you take it to the competitive market everyone is going to end up paying like $50 cover.

That being said it was super fun
Moderator
Sad[Panda]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States458 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 04:35:54
December 09 2009 04:34 GMT
#63
On December 08 2009 12:40 Saturnize wrote:
Can i get a ride down to SF i live in Seattle :O


Actually if I have the money / time off from work to go I could actually do that lol which I am considering if I do have the money :o but a place for you to stay would be your own to find

I live in Port Orchard, WA
( O.O) ("\(t.t )/") ~ I'm just looking for someone to hug
Deleted User 37864
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
780 Posts
December 09 2009 04:40 GMT
#64
On December 09 2009 03:48 aers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2009 16:30 scyper wrote:
Wow. So many San Jose TLers!
Does anyone go to SJSU?


I do.

Show nested quote +
On December 08 2009 17:16 Disarray wrote:
I'm curious as to how you would actually go about getting the games to the venue. would you hope there was a dish network with the ogn channel there and you could get it onto a bigger screen ? or would you just stream them from a computer to a larger screen ?


I used OGN's rtmp stream at Blizzcon and it looked fine on a projector.


that's awesome! u go to sjsu?
let's hang out :c
although last day of school was today
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
December 09 2009 04:41 GMT
#65
On December 09 2009 13:34 Sad[Panda] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2009 12:40 Saturnize wrote:
Can i get a ride down to SF i live in Seattle :O


Actually if I have the money / time off from work to go I could actually do that lol which I am considering if I do have the money :o but a place for you to stay would be your own to find

I live in Port Orchard, WA

I have a comfortable couch in Oakland, just outside of berkeley that I you could crash on if the two of you make the trip.

What if we were able to get someone to sponsor the event? Like Eudomonia in berkeley, that's where the LAN on the 19th is being held, I wonder if they would be willing to help us out at all.
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 05:13:56
December 09 2009 05:12 GMT
#66
On December 09 2009 13:41 falcon913 wrote:
What if we were able to get someone to sponsor the event? Like Eudomonia in berkeley, that's where the LAN on the 19th is being held, I wonder if they would be willing to help us out at all.


That would be awesome. Could help with venue, or swag. I think it might be helpful to see if there is anything on campus that could work for a venue. I'm messaging some of the folks from the last Berkeley LAN. If anyone has any info that would be nice
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
December 09 2009 05:27 GMT
#67
On December 09 2009 13:24 Chill wrote:
It's ridiculously hard to find a venue willing to help you with this at 2am. I organized the nerd gathering at Blizzcon and we ended up paying over a thousand dollars for a convention center room at a hotel. PM me if you want any advice, but using internal connections is definitely the way to do this - if you take it to the competitive market everyone is going to end up paying like $50 cover.

That being said it was super fun


For that reason, it's probably best to do it at someones house who can host.
RIP Aaliyah
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
December 09 2009 07:18 GMT
#68
On December 09 2009 14:27 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2009 13:24 Chill wrote:
It's ridiculously hard to find a venue willing to help you with this at 2am. I organized the nerd gathering at Blizzcon and we ended up paying over a thousand dollars for a convention center room at a hotel. PM me if you want any advice, but using internal connections is definitely the way to do this - if you take it to the competitive market everyone is going to end up paying like $50 cover.

That being said it was super fun


For that reason, it's probably best to do it at someones house who can host.


Does anybody have a farm whose barn we could use? ;D

However it works out I want as many people as possible to come. Any admission price will be as low as possible, definitely not over $20. In fact, if you guys have friends who are not dedicated starcraft fans but might enjoy coming, see if they would be into it. Economy of scale and whatnot.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 07:27:45
December 09 2009 07:23 GMT
#69
If this ends up happening I'm definitely in if it doesn't clash with school D:

I'm also close to SJ. I live in Cupertino :O

edit: I would probably need a ride to the place and back though because I can't drive yet!
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
December 10 2009 00:06 GMT
#70
Well for all of you who live in San Jose, or the Bay Area, be thinking of a venue for an event like this. A rec hall, a university lecture hall, anything that might be suitable for a Starleague final.

Last OSL final was at like 2am, but are they always that late? I'm a bit new to pro sc as well . Has there been a final at an earlier time? I'm asking if we should just assume it will be at 2am, or if it may be different.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
Rufio
Profile Joined December 2009
241 Posts
December 19 2009 18:22 GMT
#71
Sounds like fun. I'm up for this.
"Rufio Rufio Ru Fi OOOooo" - The Lost Boys
nobodyhome
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States139 Posts
January 08 2010 18:42 GMT
#72
bump.

is anyone willing to host this? the finals for osl/msl are coming up soon. it'd be best if there was someone who has access to some university rec hall and has a projector. i'm from san jose and i'm willing to pick up people on the way there if rides are needed.
bm
nobodyhome
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States139 Posts
January 08 2010 22:48 GMT
#73
reading the thread again, looks like there are a ton of people who live in san jose area. that seems to be the best location for this. either that or one of the people from berkeley can host.

the osl finals is next saturday night. anyone up for hosting?
bm
gchan
Profile Joined October 2007
United States654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-09 22:36:20
January 09 2010 08:26 GMT
#74
I think nobody's home will be up for hosting.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
January 09 2010 08:56 GMT
#75
If I lived in the area, I would easily pay $10 for a cool place with food and booze.

No booze = no go
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
gchan
Profile Joined October 2007
United States654 Posts
January 11 2010 07:38 GMT
#76
Re-Bump for this. Does anybody still want to do it? If we're going to use a room in Berkeley, somebody has to go check out the room soon. If not, we have to find a different venue that will be open at midnight.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
January 14 2010 01:10 GMT
#77
HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS ITS IN THREE DAYS? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW!

OK LET'S GET THIS STUFF ROLLING!

Three days until grand finals, Saturday 16th it starts at 12:00am Sunday so it's not that late which is nice

Anyone have a house? I have a projector not that great
We can look for lecture hall in berkeley I will ask around if anyone can get one for us
venues are pretty unlikely at this point
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
510Sushi
Profile Joined October 2008
Azerbaijan331 Posts
January 14 2010 01:12 GMT
#78
hey im there if we get a venue, and am willing to pay around 10$ if needed,
so yah
i am the ghote
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
January 14 2010 01:16 GMT
#79
if we cant get anything to work we can delay it by a day or a week or something and just make sure no one has watched the games or read about them. that's how they did it in DC for their meetup

that would solve lag issues with the connection and other possible problems... also we could have better time like at 7 or 8 pm.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
510Sushi
Profile Joined October 2008
Azerbaijan331 Posts
January 14 2010 01:19 GMT
#80
yah i think that would work out better for alot of people, i would still like to watch it live though
well yah if we can get a place, and by friday people want to go i would be totally down for it
i am the ghote
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
JuggernautJason81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15640
Dewaltoss 112
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever248
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3618
Khaldor1797
Liquid`Hasu829
Other Games
summit1g4660
fl0m1106
Beastyqt682
shahzam432
FrodaN407
byalli239
KnowMe171
ArmadaUGS165
C9.Mang0164
UpATreeSC102
Mew2King63
PPMD4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie871
• WagamamaTV268
• Shiphtur234
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h
Stellar Fest
17h
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.