• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:41
CEST 06:41
KST 13:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8950 users

Starleague live finals event? (sf bay area) - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 07:01:32
December 08 2009 07:01 GMT
#41
I sense it will be a TVZ for the final.
and its obvious who the T and Z will be.

Anyways I am in the SF area.
I am interested even if I have to pay a fee.
DIE!!!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 08 2009 07:08 GMT
#42
On December 08 2009 14:07 QuickStriker wrote:
If only if we have something like this in NYC area... T_T.....


Get a bunch of people to set something up? If I'm back in NYC in time for either the OSL or the MSL finals, I'd totally be down ^^
TranslatorBaa!
FastEddieV
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States614 Posts
December 08 2009 07:20 GMT
#43
TL San Jose represent! I was just talking about doing something like this on the IRC chat a few days ago. It's a great idea. Berkeley, SF, San Jose, they're all good locations. Having someone host the event at their house is the best idea, though, as long as we're not trying to cram 100 people into some downstairs livingroom that fits 10 comfortably. Maybe a tally of prospective attendees is in order?

[image loading]

Poll: Would you attend a Bay Area meetup?
(Vote): I'm there!
(Vote): No way!
platinum? more like leaf
Deleted User 37864
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
780 Posts
December 08 2009 07:30 GMT
#44
Wow. So many San Jose TLers!
Does anyone go to SJSU?
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
December 08 2009 07:48 GMT
#45
I didn't realize there were this many of us either. Last time someone tried to organize a bay area LAN there weren't that many responses from San Jose people.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
bigsack
Profile Joined August 2007
Korea (North)220 Posts
December 08 2009 08:05 GMT
#46
On December 08 2009 12:28 scyper wrote:
I vote for San Jose area!
I'm down too, but yeah.. for me it really depends on the matchup and the date of the finals.
I think I'll be able to pay maybe $10 for this event.


I would like to second that!
Hilary Clinton for 2008
John49ers
Profile Joined May 2009
United States237 Posts
December 08 2009 08:16 GMT
#47
San Jose would be great. I have three more friends willing to show up from there.

“The beauty of Bill's system was that there was always a place to go with the ball, ... I was the mailman, just delivering people's mail, and there were all kinds of houses to go to.”-Joe Montana
Disarray
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1164 Posts
December 08 2009 08:16 GMT
#48
I'm curious as to how you would actually go about getting the games to the venue. would you hope there was a dish network with the ogn channel there and you could get it onto a bigger screen ? or would you just stream them from a computer to a larger screen ?
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 08:56:41
December 08 2009 08:56 GMT
#49
On December 08 2009 17:16 Disarray wrote:
I'm curious as to how you would actually go about getting the games to the venue. would you hope there was a dish network with the ogn channel there and you could get it onto a bigger screen ? or would you just stream them from a computer to a larger screen ?


Right now the only method I have is use an online stream. I'll be looking into satellite tv too. If anyone can give me pointers that'd be great.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 18:19:04
December 08 2009 18:10 GMT
#50
On December 08 2009 17:56 EatThePath wrote:
Right now the only method I have is use an online stream. I'll be looking into satellite tv too. If anyone can give me pointers that'd be great.

OGN is an International upgrade to the Dish Network. You have to have some minimum service bracket, and if you do you can add the channel on for $4.99/mo.

[Edit] I also have an account at OGN if that helps; the direct stream from their website.
On December 08 2009 17:16 John49ers wrote:
San Jose would be great. I have three more friends willing to show up from there.

If the event ends up somewhere north of you, like Berkeley, I'm willing to carpool. I'm coming from Santa Cruz.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
December 08 2009 18:48 GMT
#51
On December 08 2009 16:30 scyper wrote:
Wow. So many San Jose TLers!
Does anyone go to SJSU?


I do.

On December 08 2009 17:16 Disarray wrote:
I'm curious as to how you would actually go about getting the games to the venue. would you hope there was a dish network with the ogn channel there and you could get it onto a bigger screen ? or would you just stream them from a computer to a larger screen ?


I used OGN's rtmp stream at Blizzcon and it looked fine on a projector.
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
December 08 2009 18:52 GMT
#52
you know, you can just copy the poll to the OP.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 21:24:36
December 08 2009 21:20 GMT
#53
@ superiorwolf and thatdontmakecent: Definitely interested in those projectors. Sounds like you're on board so I'll be in touch with you.

@ anch: Righto.

@ aers: What were you showing at blizzcon? How does that work exactly?
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
December 08 2009 21:24 GMT
#54
btw, here the link to the upcoming Bay Area LAN :D

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=107275
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
December 08 2009 22:26 GMT
#55
On December 09 2009 06:20 EatThePath wrote:@ aers: What were you showing at blizzcon? How does that work exactly?


laptop->projector, using OGN's official rtmp stream. if you go look at the blizzcon pictures there's a picture in there of the screen we were using.
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 02:15:33
December 09 2009 02:14 GMT
#56
It's super easy. Anything you can play on your laptop screen can be projected.

Aers, are you planning on attending? I'm curious about the screen you used.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 02:28:39
December 09 2009 02:25 GMT
#57
San Jose please! I am in Sunnyvale so anything near there would be great.

Edit: (I'm only in the Bay during winter break.)
If I can come I can bring my projector, which is pretty awesome.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Orbifold
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1922 Posts
December 09 2009 02:30 GMT
#58
I would come for sure if it was in SJ (and not a ZvZ). This is exciting!
Allow me to reintroduce myself...
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-09 02:45:31
December 09 2009 02:44 GMT
#59
Wow lots of San Jose people still. Would you guys be more willing to come to Berkeley if there were available car pools?

@ aers: I meant about playing an rtmp stream, projector hook-up I can handle. Do you have to do any tinkering or just find a player where you can paste in the ogn stream url?
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
December 09 2009 02:55 GMT
#60
On December 09 2009 11:44 EatThePath wrote:
@ aers: I meant about playing an rtmp stream, projector hook-up I can handle. Do you have to do any tinkering or just find a player where you can paste in the ogn stream url?

http://ogn.ferron.pe/

easy
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2072
Snow 124
Bale 30
NaDa 26
Noble 15
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
taco 523
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1484
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft617
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
C9.Mang0165
ArmadaUGS163
Maynarde139
Sick109
ViBE76
Livibee14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick641
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki145
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Lourlo1304
• Rush1026
• Stunt317
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 19m
OSC
8h 19m
Stellar Fest
8h 19m
OSC
19h 19m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.