• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9623 users

Starleague live finals event? (sf bay area) - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
nq07
Profile Joined January 2009
United States12 Posts
December 08 2009 05:09 GMT
#21
I'm in San Jose and would definitely be down for joining in for anything like this. I don't mind chipping in some for the venue also, though as many people have mentioned, it'd probably be best if we don't have it be too expensive. Seems like Berkeley would be the best place since the South Bay is pretty much shut down after 11pm.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
December 08 2009 05:12 GMT
#22
On December 08 2009 13:58 Superiorwolf wrote:
Definitely would come to this kind of an event if this goes down! There are a lot of TL members and SC fans in the area, so if this gets publicized we'll need a pretty large venue. I know a lot of people who would be willing to attend an event like this.

A house would be nice but I don't know if anyone would be willing to lend their house especially if a lot of people want to attend. I have a projector that we might be able to use if we don't find anything else (it's not great but it works).

I'm not sure when the finals are but they're probably on the TL calendar. Prefer Berkeley / SF area. I will pay a small admission price if it is required, but anything too high ( >$10) would prefer deter many people. Raffle tickets would be fun and exciting Hope this happens, and if you have some questions about TL in the Bay Area you can ask me or a lot of other TL members, there's quite a few LANs in Berkeley every year.

A TSL finals would be fun too haha



Traitor...



Us DC folks are going to work something out as well. Rob and I will figure it out.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
gchan
Profile Joined October 2007
United States654 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 05:18:14
December 08 2009 05:16 GMT
#23
For all the San Jose people, we could probably carpool. I wouldn't mind being designated driver. Also, I forget, but are finals usually on Friday or Saturdays? If it's Fridays, I might not be able to go because I work Saturdays.

Edit: Also, I'd be willing to shell out anything under $40, as well as bring some beer/food for people to share.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
December 08 2009 05:16 GMT
#24
The first people to show it on their schedule will be Fomos, swiftly followed by TL. Expect to see the date appear a couple of months in advance and the location to appear at the end of the month before it happens/the beginning of the month it happens.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
December 08 2009 05:23 GMT
#25
I'm in the southern part of San Jose, I'd probably come if I could get a ride (and i didnt have class at 8 am the next morning).
510Sushi
Profile Joined October 2008
Azerbaijan331 Posts
December 08 2009 05:35 GMT
#26
Im down for a berkeley event, and am willing to pay anything around 10 dollars.
Im not sure if there any any venues in berkeley that are open that late, but the recently opened shattuk hotel, is very nice and they might have space (dont quote me, but it might be a possibility)
i am the ghote
gchan
Profile Joined October 2007
United States654 Posts
December 08 2009 05:39 GMT
#27
You could probably rent a room on campus. It might not be the warmest, or most intimate social setting, but it'll get the job done. It'd also probably be the cheapest, especially if Superiorwolf has a projector.
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
December 08 2009 06:06 GMT
#28
A room on the campus would make sense. I'd be willing to host something in my apartment, but I doubt my downstairs neighbors would appreciate that. I'll see if I can find prices for hotel conference/event rooms in the area.

Any UC Berkeley student know what the procedure/cost is for reserving a room for this?
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 06:09:11
December 08 2009 06:08 GMT
#29
Guys, you do know a majority of us are under 21. -_-
I wouldn't mind drinking booze if you guys keep quite about it, but bars are no no.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
Elwinros
Profile Joined December 2009
United States93 Posts
December 08 2009 06:08 GMT
#30
Dis is pretty cool yo'.
Entry level StarCraft players -_-
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
December 08 2009 06:10 GMT
#31
On December 08 2009 12:23 Fixed wrote:
edit: hopefully there are some other 20 somethings that show up lol. I dont want to be the only non 16 year old.


Haha don't worry, I'm your age and I'll go.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 06:13:50
December 08 2009 06:13 GMT
#32
Most of the people who go to the Berkeley LANs are college age plus, although that still includes under 21 (and myself, still in high school lol :D that doesn't keep me from going to LANs all the time, they're really fun)
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Imagist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia484 Posts
December 08 2009 06:14 GMT
#33
Having hosted a couple of similar things in Australia, house parties are a really good way to do it while avoiding any sticky issues surrounding things like liquor licensing.

I know that semioldguy and Diggity have been known to have live Finals parties somewhere in SoCal (SD?) but I'm not sure where or whether they're planning anything for this set of finals.
I enjoy Starcraft when I'm not too busy being dynamic and attractive.
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
December 08 2009 06:14 GMT
#34
I have an HD projector that is available for an event like this, or a 42" plasma depending on the venue. I'm definitely down to be a part of this. I live in Santa Cruz also but I'm willing to travel as far as Sacramento if I have to. My vote is for Berkeley Area, because it's pretty central.

I'm willing to pay around $20 for this event. I like the idea of renting a space, like at a hotel or something. Someone mentioned taking over a pizza joint... that sounds fun too.

Moletrap came to the Berkeley LAN last month, if we want commentation he might be available. Nice graphic by the way EatthePath.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
December 08 2009 06:19 GMT
#35
On December 08 2009 15:08 MuffinDude wrote:
Guys, you do know a majority of us are under 21. -_-
I wouldn't mind drinking booze if you guys keep quite about it, but bars are no no.

Don't worry, it's been covered, bars are out of the question.
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 06:26:40
December 08 2009 06:26 GMT
#36
I was thinking, my parents live in the East Bay, about 15 minutes east of Berkeley. Depending on the weekend we could use their house, if that's the direction this event takes. Depending on the weekend we probably wouldn't have to worry about my parents being there either. Also depending on how many people would be coming. I could accommodate about 50.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
Rainmaker5
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1027 Posts
December 08 2009 06:43 GMT
#37
Honestly, I wouldn't offer a house that wasn't my own for a party full of internet strangers. It just seems like a bad idea. Mind, this is just a warning. I have no problem crashing your house.
(-_(-_(-_(^_(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-) CJ Fighting! "Beer -> soju -> whisky is a terrible build"~~ Scrarecrow.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
December 08 2009 06:47 GMT
#38
Haha I don't think Starcraft parties are the type that get too out of hand. I wouldn't expect more than a couple bangs of zergling rushes and maybe some nerdrage every so often!
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
December 08 2009 06:51 GMT
#39
this is such a good idea, every major city should do this
KTY
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-08 06:55:00
December 08 2009 06:53 GMT
#40
On December 08 2009 15:43 Rainmaker5 wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't offer a house that wasn't my own for a party full of internet strangers. It just seems like a bad idea. Mind, this is just a warning. I have no problem crashing your house.


I considered that as well. I'm waiting to see how the venue conversation pans out. I'd rather people know there are options, than abandon the idea all together. I also met many of the SC community folks at LAN before time, and I agree with Superiorwolf. Not the craziest folks. Still, my preference is conference room or restaurant... which I'm looking into now
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT318
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King66
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 1m
The PondCast
22h 1m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.