• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:33
CEST 14:33
KST 21:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13520 users

GOM TV S2 MSL (May 07 - Jul 07) - Page 6

Forum Index > Articles
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 06 2007 06:06 GMT
#101
Generally I avoid using tags whenever possible, except for new players where it IMHO can really help and well... for rA, because like semioldguy said the tag is kinda different for him.
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-06-06 06:25:23
June 06 2007 06:24 GMT
#102
Sea can be just "Sea"

I like simply "Ra" but I can see how the "Nal" is like part of his name now

I actually had this problem when making LiquiScoop cards, I was not sure whether to have clantags there or not, like July[Z-zone] or savior[gm] (not even sure if savior is still in GM)
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
June 06 2007 07:04 GMT
#103
There are some other players I think it would be necessary to use tags for like Yellow[name] or anyone else who takes their handle from a previous progamer.

Also how does everyone feel about capitalization? i.e. comparing Savior to sAviOr or Hwasin to HwaSIn
Moderator
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 06 2007 07:22 GMT
#104
I just call Yellow[name] Yarnc, like most people on TL :p

And I don't capitalize anything but the first letter
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
June 06 2007 13:51 GMT
#105
i did whatever spelling they had in the KeSPA

but I agree it should be just Hwasin and Savior and Ra instead of all the funky capitalization
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
June 09 2007 21:42 GMT
#106
OK, bracket for this round is done. It will be updated weekly.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

On June 08 2007 08:25 Live2Win wrote:
Notice: Because OverSky will be entering the army within a month, he will not be participating in the GomTV2 MSL anymore. To replace him, MBC will hold a Wild Card round like they did for BoxeR of the 8 people who lost in the Sweet 16. This means our heros Ever)P(TT, Oov, Stork, and Ra still have 1 chance to get in.
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
June 09 2007 21:45 GMT
#107
Should you maybe change the top of the bracket to say "Round of 8" instead of Round of 16?
Moderator
Ftrunkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia2474 Posts
June 09 2007 21:56 GMT
#108
oooh hwasin vs bisu rematch. hwasin looked pretty angry at bisu when he got mass scouted haha
@NvPinder on twitter | Member of Gamecom Nv | http://www.clan-ta.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/ftrunkz | http://www.twitchtv.com/xghpinder
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
June 11 2007 10:59 GMT
#109
I don't use tags because they can change. Like we don't always see [NC]...YellOw do we?

I do have some weird thing about leaving tags to unknown, lesser skilled players, and then stripping them of it once they enter a starleague. Like I use to write reports with Much[gm], Free[gm], etc... then once they entered a league I just called them Much and Free.

A few exceptions are like Ever)P(TT... since TT is just gay imo.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
June 11 2007 11:00 GMT
#110
Also, an IMPORTANT schedule update for this MSL.

MSL WILL NO LONGER PLAY ON SATURDAYS. They moved it to Sundays on the same time. Dunno why, but that's the way it's gonna be. Thursday and Sunday.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
HungerForMore
Profile Joined September 2006
Afghanistan420 Posts
June 12 2007 16:14 GMT
#111
On June 11 2007 20:00 Live2Win wrote:
Also, an IMPORTANT schedule update for this MSL.

MSL WILL NO LONGER PLAY ON SATURDAYS. They moved it to Sundays on the same time. Dunno why, but that's the way it's gonna be. Thursday and Sunday.


That's great! Sunday is the day you got a hangover, it's the best day to just sit and watch bw.
Savior 4 Life
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
June 12 2007 17:46 GMT
#112
Notice: Because OverSky will be entering the army within a month, he will not be participating in the GomTV2 MSL anymore. To replace him, MBC will hold a Wild Card round like they did for BoxeR of the 8 people who lost in the Sweet 16. This means our heros Ever)P(TT, Oov, Stork, and Ra still have 1 chance to get in.

Wow thats wonderful news. Now Savior cant face a zerg before the finals which raises the possibility that we will get a savior vs bisu MSL final even more (if nothing unexpected happends). Wouldnt it be great if savior reached both finals this season again? Dont think anyone has reached both finals at the same time twice in a row before.
GeLaar
Profile Joined January 2003
2421 Posts
June 12 2007 23:03 GMT
#113
the wild card games will be played at 6:30 pm korean time. if anyone with the appropriate powers sees this, please update the calendar.
Brood War is alive and well.
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
June 18 2007 10:27 GMT
#114
Boomshakalaka. Sorry about the lethargic updates. I've been really busy with school, work, and a girl. LOL.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
June 18 2007 10:32 GMT
#115
PICS of da GURL!
ModeratorGodfather
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
June 18 2007 10:32 GMT
#116
On June 06 2007 22:51 Hot_Bid wrote:
i did whatever spelling they had in the KeSPA

but I agree it should be just Hwasin and Savior and Ra instead of all the funky capitalization


Oh my bad. I don't know how I missed these posts. Such a long time ago. Hmmm I actually agree with you Hot_Bid, but out of habit a while ago, I tried memorizing the players handles by how they spelled it. Like instead of Slayers_`Boxer`, I tried to write it SlayerS_`BoxeR` and Nal_rA instead of Nal_Ra. So I would watch closely in the games for the handles on how the progamers themselves typed their names. If I haven't been able to keep up with it, for example Sheis. I don't know how he spells it so I just spell it Sheis.

I guess out of habit I do funky capitalization but for the newer players I'm mixed bag. If it really bothers people I'll adjust.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-06-18 22:45:37
June 18 2007 22:45 GMT
#117
i don't think it bothers people it's just easier for you to write

Savior
Chalrenge

than having to remember

sAviOr[gm] (is he even in gm anymore?)
n.Die_cHaLrEnGe

and having to type that crap out every time
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 18 2007 22:51 GMT
#118
not to mention those caps look incredibly ugly and retarded
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
June 18 2007 23:50 GMT
#119
I follow jkillashark's convention, if only because certain players have, by now, iconic capitalizations. Nal_rA, SlayerS_`BoxeR`, [NC]...YellOw, [ReD]NaDa - they look ...different as Nal_Ra, Slayers_`Boxer`, [NC]...Yellow, [Red]Nada. (And of course GoRush and GGPlay look awful as Gorush and Ggplay.) This is only of course if I'm bothering to include the clantag as well; if I remove the SlayerS or the [NC] then since I'm abbreviating anyway I tend to write Boxer, Yellow. (Though I still like rA)

For newer players, I try to respect that as well. So for example, when I use the full spelling of savior's nick it's always sAviOr[gm], but otherwise it's Savior. DArKeLf[S.siR] gets to keep all that when I'm referring to his full name, but otherwise it's DarkElf.

It's pretty arbitrary in some senses, I know, but I'm keen on capitalization. Some nicks just look a lot better capitalized in the right way.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
June 19 2007 02:14 GMT
#120
On June 19 2007 08:50 GrandInquisitor wrote:
I follow jkillashark's convention, if only because certain players have, by now, iconic capitalizations. Nal_rA, SlayerS_`BoxeR`, [NC]...YellOw, [ReD]NaDa - they look ...different as Nal_Ra, Slayers_`Boxer`, [NC]...Yellow, [Red]Nada. (And of course GoRush and GGPlay look awful as Gorush and Ggplay.) This is only of course if I'm bothering to include the clantag as well; if I remove the SlayerS or the [NC] then since I'm abbreviating anyway I tend to write Boxer, Yellow. (Though I still like rA)

For newer players, I try to respect that as well. So for example, when I use the full spelling of savior's nick it's always sAviOr[gm], but otherwise it's Savior. DArKeLf[S.siR] gets to keep all that when I'm referring to his full name, but otherwise it's DarkElf.

It's pretty arbitrary in some senses, I know, but I'm keen on capitalization. Some nicks just look a lot better capitalized in the right way.


Word. =]
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings114
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
SHIN 182
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35848
Hyuk 1592
Bisu 1533
Shuttle 1335
EffOrt 364
Mind 362
Larva 300
firebathero 254
Soma 180
Mini 163
[ Show more ]
ZerO 150
Last 141
Hm[arnc] 92
Leta 90
Zeus 78
Pusan 67
hero 54
Hyun 54
Killer 42
Sexy 40
Bale 37
Trap 37
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 27
Aegong 24
sorry 21
zelot 16
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2541
qojqva1318
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe443
XaKoH 414
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1559
crisheroes327
Other Games
gofns34988
singsing2579
B2W.Neo1161
Happy231
DeMusliM224
Livibee115
ToD113
Mew2King108
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8683
League of Legends
• Jankos1630
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 27m
INu's Battles
23h 27m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.