• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:43
CEST 03:43
KST 10:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9035 users

[Interview] EVER 07 OSL PvP Semifinal Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
.dragoon
Profile Joined May 2007
United States749 Posts
December 15 2007 05:28 GMT
#1
SuperJongMan translated this for the live report thread. Here it is by itself and cleaned up a bit.


[image loading]



- Last week watching Up lose 0-3 to Jaedong, he reminded me of myself last season. I know that feeling and I didn't want to lose like that. I'm really happy I won 3-0.

- Persona was the map I had the hardest time on, and go figure Bisu uses a build I never fought against. In Fantasy and Blue Storm, I had the build lead so I think that lead to my victory.

- When I first attacked on Persona, I found out he went dual robo. If he immediately counter rushed, It would have been a very difficult situation, but I bought time well and was able to win the center fight.

- Originally, in Set2, I was gonna take my nat and do a speed zealot reaver hit. However, with the 1-0 lead, I changed my plans. The Contain move worked well so I was able to win.

- Set 3. You blocked the 2 gate well.
--With a lot of practice, I developed the know-how to stop 2 gate. The build was a counter 2 gate build so I just controlled hard trying to not take damage.

- Because you were fighting the guy who beat you in the MSL finals, wasn't it intimidating?
-- I wasn't particularly worried that it was Bisu. I was really worried about what strategy was coming on Persona (Seems Stork had special attention on this map). I don't think my MSL finals defeat is fully avenged yet. A Finals and Semis are different. I'd think I'd have to meet him again in the finals and beat him to say I've had my revenge. But really, I don't consciously go after revenge. It's really a thing of the past.

- YOU MEET JAEDONG
-- This could seem like a complaint, but Persona I think is the hardest map to PvZ on of the current pool. Swarm is a zerg spell and nice for them. It's also set 1 and 5. The Protoss popularity . I think comming up from a harder scenario to win is a better way to gain recognition. Besides using Persona twice, everything else is nice. I want to overturn Persona in a dramatic win.

- Weak v Zerg reputation
-- I think I'm weak only in broadcast. I do well in practice. Playing on a big stage like the finals, due to the nervousness, I might not be able to showcase the best of my abilities, I'll practice hard and prepare.

- Who helped you practice?
-- There were so many that came to me to help me. I am so thankful.
Reach, Anytime, Soo, and Best, all offered to help me. On top of that, Backho and BestGod helped. Jangbi on my team helped too. So many others helped me too and I am so thankful.

- Jaedong, attempting the royal road, is not easy.
-- I'm not stressing over it. I have a great momentum right now, so I am trying to ride my momentum to the finals. My debut Starleague was Ever 2005. I got eliminated then, but 2 years later, the same company is holding a SL and since I am in the finals, I want to win no matter what.

- If you had to analyze JD?
-- He definately has his own style. He plays very Zergy ( -_________-;;; ) He macros well, fights well, and makes good builds. It's going to take a lot of thought before I approach the games.

- You have less practice time than JD.
-- He might be happy, but I am probably going to practice for PL first. Practicing for 5 games shoudl take about 2-3 days. I think overpracticing won't help too much either.

- Final words?
-- Looking on the internet, there were talks of Player Awards for the year (or Player of the Year??), Because I don't have a title, they said the chances of me getting an(the?) award were slim. No one really acknowledges the WCG win so it's hard. After seeing those comments, my ambitions increased. I'd have to win this to have a shot at the Award. And today, so many people came, and their cheers really helped my game. I hope for the same in the finals.

If you can, then do. If I can, I will.
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
December 15 2007 05:31 GMT
#2
He plays very Zergy
love it
thanks SJM
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
Darkmole
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States900 Posts
December 15 2007 05:34 GMT
#3
nice interview :D but wondering who will win though Jaedong or Stork hard to choose ><
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
December 15 2007 05:40 GMT
#4
thanks.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
December 15 2007 05:41 GMT
#5
lol I'm gonna use that from now on, zergy
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
December 15 2007 06:15 GMT
#6
thank youllol

fuck i cant believe bisu lost 3-0 -.-
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
sgt_cr
Profile Joined November 2007
Costa Rica95 Posts
December 15 2007 06:16 GMT
#7
stork is def one of my fav P players, his attitude and words are really good
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
December 15 2007 06:20 GMT
#8
Nice write up
Now Stork go rape Jaedong 3-0
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
Wasabi
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States3085 Posts
December 15 2007 06:23 GMT
#9
--- Nuked ---
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
December 15 2007 06:24 GMT
#10
I hate Stork so much that I want even Jaedong to beat him -.-;;
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
red.venom
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4651 Posts
December 15 2007 06:56 GMT
#11
lol im glad i didnt stay up to watch this series last night if it was 3-0: [
Broom
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
December 15 2007 07:24 GMT
#12
I think Stork's PvZ is fine too.
He is just weak against those zergs that have iron defense like GGplay/Savior.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
December 15 2007 08:15 GMT
#13
Lol nobody cares about WCG.
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
Darkmole
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States900 Posts
December 15 2007 08:56 GMT
#14
just wondering but shouldnt you put SPOILER? cuz there are ppl who dont know who won thats y and this is the interview of the winner on Ro4 OSL after all
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
December 15 2007 09:24 GMT
#15
The title gives nothing away. If you dont want to know the result, dont click the thread. It isnt difficult.
ModeratorGodfather
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
December 15 2007 09:28 GMT
#16
I always felt that Persona offered an advantage to P in PvZs. While it is true that swarm is a Z spell, that doesn't mean it is specifically well suited to Z. Protoss has zealots as a base unit which can fight under the swarm, and DT's that are specifically nasty against zerglings when combined with zealots, they also have Archons for splash damage under the swarm, but more importantly, they have stormers and reavers. Zerg can't dare camping under the swarm when it is such an easy storm target.

Perhaps when the games get to Ultra/Ling then Z can take advantage, but before that I seriously feel like P has an advantage. Stork knows better I'm sure, but I can't see why Persona is better for Z.
Moderator
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
December 15 2007 09:45 GMT
#17
Stork 3-0 that beech.

RIDE WITH IT
L!MP
Profile Joined March 2003
Australia2067 Posts
December 15 2007 11:08 GMT
#18
for once, stork doesn't sound like a complete asshole.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
December 15 2007 11:32 GMT
#19
Jaedong beat two Protoss chumps 2-0 in the MSL Preliminaries, so it seems he has improved it a bit.
Commentator
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
December 15 2007 12:15 GMT
#20
On December 15 2007 20:08 L!MP wrote:
for once, stork doesn't sound like a complete asshole.

Can't really say the same for you...
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
Nina 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12806
Rain 2219
Artosis 648
Dewaltoss 21
NaDa 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever713
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift4956
Counter-Strike
taco 463
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1617
ArmadaUGS404
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1271
WinterStarcraft459
Other Games
summit1g7793
Day[9].tv710
shahzam664
JimRising 597
C9.Mang0171
PiGStarcraft165
Maynarde157
ViBE155
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick943
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv710
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 17m
OSC
11h 17m
Stellar Fest
11h 17m
OSC
22h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.