• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:11
CEST 22:11
KST 05:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8651 users

TaeJa challenges for title of worst interviewee at WCS Fin…

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 21:04:46
August 21 2013 15:00 GMT
#1
2013 WCS Europe

WCS Season II Finals



Countdown to Start



Brackets and Information on Liquipedia


Banner photo by ESL

Liquid`TaeJa Interview

Before the Tournament

(T)Liquid`TaeJa earned a spot at the WCS Season II finals with a top four finish in WCS America. He arrived in Europe ahead of most Korean players, going to Germany for the Acer TeamStory Cup finals and staying there until the start of the WCS tournament. TeamLiquid.net's Waxangel bothered TaeJa on Skype for an interview and tried vainly to coax amusing comments out of him.


Waxangel: Can we do a short interview before WCS?

TaeJa: Sure, lol.

At WCS AM you said your TvT was a problem because you haven't been able to practice. Is that still a problem going into WCS?

Yes, I played some TvT while I was streaming lately, and I can't even break 50% win-rate...

Is it hard to find people to practice with since you're in Europe now (TaeJa stayed after the ATC finals)? How are you prepping for WCS?

I haven't been able to rest for almost a month because I've been going to tournaments, so I'm just focusing on regulating my condition.

You're up against WCS Season 1 champ (T)INnoVation first. You worried about him, given your current state in TvT?

We're both doing poorly at TvT lately, so I'm not that worried.

[image loading]
Someone photoshop this.
Photo: itsjustatank
There's also two Protoss players in your group: NaNiwa and Duckdeok. What do you think about them?

I heard that NaNiwa was a good player and that he practiced a lot from the other players at the EG-TL house, so I think he will be a difficult opponent. Duckdeok is a champion, so he must be good as well. I also remember losing to Duckdeok back in GSL Season 5 (2012), so they'll both be difficult opponents.

International fans still remember 'Summer of TaeJa' 2012. How do you feel about your skill level compared to then?

I had a level of skill back then where I felt like I wouldn't lose to anyone I faced, but nowadays, maybe because of lack of practice, I don't think I'm that good.

Is it just because of lack of practice? Anything else that was helping you play that well in 2012?

I think it's just the difference in the amount of practice I put in. I tend to gain confidence through practice.

So it's possible that you could recover your old level of skill?

Yes.

At your current level then, do you think you have a shot at winning WCS Season II?

I'd have to have luck on my side given my current level.

Did you ever think, playing WCS America, that maybe it would have been good to stay in the Korean region?

Nope.

A lot of fans on the various community sites consider Korea to be the most prestigious region—do you ever feel like you just want to prove your skill or just go for pure prestige?

Things like prestige are important, but I think it's better to make a lot of money to prepare for my future life.

You first attended a foreign tournament at Assembly Winter early last year, and it seems like you've become a veteran of the scene by travelling to so many tournaments after. What's changed about you from that experience?

I don't think anything has changed, lol.

See, this is why you're a top 5 worst interviewee.

;; Who's #1?

Personally I think it's YoDa. Must be a Terran racial trait.

Keke;;

Hmm, any final comments?

I'll work hard to get a good result at the Season finals, so I hope a lot of people cheer for me.


There are no credits
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
August 21 2013 15:35 GMT
#2
Lol that was great.
Thanks!
Long live the Boss Toss!
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
August 21 2013 15:37 GMT
#3
(-_-)
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
August 21 2013 15:37 GMT
#4
Oh my God Taeja...
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
August 21 2013 15:38 GMT
#5
Yoda #1?

What about RoBogus xD
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
zephiK
Profile Joined March 2012
United States372 Posts
August 21 2013 15:39 GMT
#6
hahaha his response to top 5 worst interviewee was hilarious
Ensue
Profile Joined March 2013
United States144 Posts
August 21 2013 15:39 GMT
#7
So beautifully eloquent :')

Nonetheless, Taeja fighting!
“Toast cannot be explained by any rational means. Toast is me. I am toast.” —Margaret Atwood, Oryx and Crake
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
August 21 2013 15:41 GMT
#8
I had a level of skill back then where I felt like I wouldn't lose to anyone I faced,

I remember these words. MKP, please get good again
Refer to my post.
TXRaunchy
Profile Joined June 2013
United States131 Posts
August 21 2013 15:42 GMT
#9
Best interview evar
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
August 21 2013 15:43 GMT
#10
He definately displayed emotions, unilke another certain terran ;O
Conut
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1026 Posts
August 21 2013 15:43 GMT
#11
im getting hyped for the finals, gogo wcs america
Sc2 always got your back
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
August 21 2013 15:44 GMT
#12
Lol. i feel like i gained nothing new from that interview, given how short taeja's answers were. i wonder if he would give a better interview while drunk..
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
DBS
Profile Joined July 2012
515 Posts
August 21 2013 15:44 GMT
#13
Can i just point out how boss Taeja is. He's like Naniwa and duckdeok are gonna be tough, but im not worried about InNovation.
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 21 2013 15:45 GMT
#14
I want a trash talk contest between bogus, taeja and yoda.
Glorious SEA doto
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
August 21 2013 15:45 GMT
#15
TaeJa
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Steins;Gate
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1422 Posts
August 21 2013 15:45 GMT
#16
Best interview
" Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be. "
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
August 21 2013 15:48 GMT
#17
so bland
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
August 21 2013 15:49 GMT
#18
Did you ever think, playing WCS America, that maybe it would have been good to stay in the Korean region?

Nope.

lol good job WCS
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Prog455
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark970 Posts
August 21 2013 15:53 GMT
#19
On August 22 2013 00:45 Fusilero wrote:
I want a trash talk contest between bogus, taeja and yoda.

That would be like a Canadian mosh pit:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
August 21 2013 15:54 GMT
#20
this guy lol
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 855
SteadfastSC568
EnkiAlexander 64
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 568
ZombieGrub144
JuggernautJason66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23862
Soulkey 291
Mini 163
White-Ra 146
Trap 25
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 21
NotJumperer 19
League of Legends
Doublelift1129
Counter-Strike
fl0m1322
shoxiejesuss587
C9.Mang0177
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2453
Liquid`Hasu1969
Other Games
Grubby2861
ArmadaUGS1691
B2W.Neo527
shahzam269
Pyrionflax187
UpATreeSC77
Chillindude58
Dewaltoss53
Trikslyr44
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV336
League of Legends
• TFBlade1114
• Noizen210
Other Games
• imaqtpie1087
• Scarra785
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 50m
OSC
16h 50m
Stellar Fest
16h 50m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.