• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:12
CEST 18:12
KST 01:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8249 users

ODT Day 4 interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 16:21:40
August 07 2012 16:18 GMT
#1
Since I'm a (T)Flash fanboy I will take my time before leaving for europe to translate this.

(T)Flash: 14th consecutive season in the OSL, I'm learning from (T)MarineKing

[image loading]

Q: You made it into the OSL (the Ro16 is the official OSL, the ODT is a "seperate tournament" serving as the qualifier if SC2 fans are not familiar with the terminology)

A: Actually alot of people didn't see me as a favorite like I was in BW - I could advance just by saying I want to advance then -, so this time making it into the OSL I'm very happy. Starting from the Ro16 I will meet GSL players so I'm very much ancitipating it.

Q: You created a record of making it into the OSL 14 seasons straight
A: It's been this many? (laugh) For 4, 5 years I've always been on the OSL stage, from the beginning playing preliminaries I've never missed the official league.
For the OSL, I'm never letting my guard down, always preparing very diligently. I'm very proud I've never missed a season, perhaps it's because I never faltered, so I'm very satisfied regarding this.

Q: Which of the 14 seasons was the hardest?
A: This OSL is a great mountain in front of me. It's the first SC2 (OSL) after all, so I'm also feeling very anxious / tense.

Q: After seeing the groups how did you feel?
A: I think it was a very good selection, I found a chance to get my revenge against (T)Last, I lost to him twice in the SPL, the public opinion of me declined rapidly (because of it).
I was very dissatisfied, meeting him under a fair condition I had / performed a definite win mentality, (I'm) very happy. I just need to make it past the (first) 10 minutes then there aren't any problems (laugh).

Q: When you accepted a TV interview you said your ability is improving.
A: At first I said that catching up to GSL players will take 1-2 years, but now I think it will be a bit faster, I feel that I already don't have too great a gap with players from other leagues.
Aside from Code S players, I'm already catching up to alot of people. Watching the GSL now feels like watching an old era (unfamiliar). Now I'm already trying my best to catch up, but I want to catch up to them a bit faster.
I will watch the VODS of the players ahead of me, this should help with improving my ability. Kespa's top players have basically caught up to GSL players. But a player like me will need to practice another 1000 matches (laugh).Because it's dual format right now (BW + SC2), BW practice will also take a bit of time.

Q: You always had OSL champion as a goal
A: Now my mentality has been adjusted to a rookie. This mentality is necessary, it's not strange at all. I have my own road to walk.

Q: Getting familiar with something new must be interest?
A: Understinding it bit by bit (translator: I'm sorry), my ability is also improving slowly. I'm thought about the amount of work ethic / motivation I had as a trainee. Recently I feel that I'm play a fortunate / happy game. It's very interesting.

Q: You really have a professional natural talent
A: From the start I felt that professional gamer was suitable for me. Now if I want to switch professions I've already walked alot of crooked roads / turns, so it would be very unfamiliar / difficult to adjust.

Q: (T)BaBy called you out in a previous interview.
A: GSL players all think I'm really strong, I don't even know who to pick. But I don't have the ability so there isn't alot to show, yet alot of people still want to play with me. Everyone evaluating me so highly I really want to say thanks.
(T)BaBy is (also) because he's so good that he would openly call me out (laugh).

[image loading]

Q: Who do you want to meet this season?
A: Actually recently the most VODS I've watched are (T)MarineKing's. It's later that I learned he's a younger-hyung / school mate from my school. Even though we aren't too close in private, but I'm still very happy.

Q: Anything else?
A: I made the fans worry, maybe because I talked but didn't give enough real action. I'm doing alot of preparation to find the (T)Flash of BW again. Even I don't know when it would be possible, but I will try.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
August 07 2012 16:24 GMT
#2
Flash learning from MKP vods, be ready to see some sick ass marine splits!
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
August 07 2012 16:24 GMT
#3
I saw a bit of marineking's playstyle in Flash today, a little bit less scouting, no drops, but not much more than that.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
August 07 2012 16:26 GMT
#4
Wow, so humble but without being bland, love it
The world is ending what should we do about it?
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 07 2012 16:26 GMT
#5
thanks for interview
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
August 07 2012 16:28 GMT
#6
I just need to make it past the (first) 10 minutes then there aren't any problems (laugh).


Flash agreeing with the general consensus that the Kespa players are bad early game ^^
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 16:29:47
August 07 2012 16:29 GMT
#7
Also being in the OSL 14 seasons straight is akin to being in Code S for 14 seasons straight, if not harder, the previous record was (T)BoxeR at 13 season (?) I believe?
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
August 07 2012 16:36 GMT
#8
I think it's time for a steamy Flash+MKP fanfic, yes?

Interesting to hear about Flash's thoughts on his skill level and the skill levels of the other KeSPA players when compared to the GSL players. I hope he makes another semifinals appearance so that his OSL streak doesn't end yet.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Ammoth
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden391 Posts
August 07 2012 16:39 GMT
#9
Anywhere we can see the vods from today?
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 07 2012 16:42 GMT
#10
On August 08 2012 01:36 eviltomahawk wrote:
I think it's time for a steamy Flash+MKP fanfic, yes?

Interesting to hear about Flash's thoughts on his skill level and the skill levels of the other KeSPA players when compared to the GSL players. I hope he makes another semifinals appearance so that his OSL streak doesn't end yet.


They might meet in the tournament, oh god fanboys. (me being one of them)
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
whirlpool
Profile Joined June 2011
2788 Posts
August 07 2012 16:43 GMT
#11
i still believe in God , amen
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
August 07 2012 16:47 GMT
#12
Now Flash will NEVER beat Mvp
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 16:50:12
August 07 2012 16:49 GMT
#13
Kespa's top players have basically caught up to GSL players


code A, maybe. I've watched enough recent PL to know.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 16:54:22
August 07 2012 16:53 GMT
#14
On August 08 2012 01:42 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 01:36 eviltomahawk wrote:
I think it's time for a steamy Flash+MKP fanfic, yes?

Interesting to hear about Flash's thoughts on his skill level and the skill levels of the other KeSPA players when compared to the GSL players. I hope he makes another semifinals appearance so that his OSL streak doesn't end yet.


They might meet in the tournament, oh god fanboys. (me being one of them)

"Oh Flash hyung, let us 15cc togetherrrrrr."

"Yes MKP hyung. And maek many marine mmmmm. Tap that "a" key like you tap meeeee"

I'm not a creative man, nor do I have the best imagination.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
August 07 2012 16:59 GMT
#15
14 straight OSL appearances, pretty amazing. Seems like Flash has been around forever.
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
August 07 2012 17:04 GMT
#16
On August 08 2012 01:53 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 01:42 Caihead wrote:
On August 08 2012 01:36 eviltomahawk wrote:
I think it's time for a steamy Flash+MKP fanfic, yes?

Interesting to hear about Flash's thoughts on his skill level and the skill levels of the other KeSPA players when compared to the GSL players. I hope he makes another semifinals appearance so that his OSL streak doesn't end yet.


They might meet in the tournament, oh god fanboys. (me being one of them)

"Oh Flash hyung, let us 15cc togetherrrrrr."

"Yes MKP hyung. And maek many marine mmmmm. Tap that "a" key like you tap meeeee"

I'm not a creative man, nor do I have the best imagination.


Wait what?? haha
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
August 07 2012 17:06 GMT
#17
Thanks much appreciated

I really like Flash's attitude in approching Starcraft 2, very inspiring.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
August 07 2012 17:13 GMT
#18
On August 08 2012 01:29 Caihead wrote:
Also being in the OSL 14 seasons straight is akin to being in Code S for 14 seasons straight, if not harder, the previous record was (T)BoxeR at 13 season (?) I believe?

Code S has 32 players... so that's more like the dual tournament. OSL = Code S ro16.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
August 07 2012 17:21 GMT
#19
On August 08 2012 01:53 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 01:42 Caihead wrote:
On August 08 2012 01:36 eviltomahawk wrote:
I think it's time for a steamy Flash+MKP fanfic, yes?

Interesting to hear about Flash's thoughts on his skill level and the skill levels of the other KeSPA players when compared to the GSL players. I hope he makes another semifinals appearance so that his OSL streak doesn't end yet.


They might meet in the tournament, oh god fanboys. (me being one of them)

"Oh Flash hyung, let us 15cc togetherrrrrr."

"Yes MKP hyung. And maek many marine mmmmm. Tap that "a" key like you tap meeeee"

I'm not a creative man, nor do I have the best imagination.

My imagination is betraying me atm from reading that D;
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 07 2012 17:27 GMT
#20
Wasn't it stats that went to school with flash? So one school produced stats, marineking and flash I wonder what that's school perception of starcraft.
Glorious SEA doto
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech175
Codebar 30
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1085
Mini 905
Soma 602
Shuttle 552
actioN 467
Rush 374
Light 316
ggaemo 311
Larva 293
Stork 293
[ Show more ]
BeSt 237
Horang2 216
Snow 170
hero 151
firebathero 120
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 103
Aegong 73
Zeus 71
Shine 60
Shinee 55
Sharp 39
Liquid`Ret 36
Sexy 35
Sea.KH 33
JYJ 30
soO 27
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 26
sorry 26
zelot 17
Rock 14
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8648
qojqva2008
Dendi867
420jenkins170
Counter-Strike
fl0m1245
Fnx 785
x6flipin517
edward51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5382
Grubby43
Other Games
singsing1425
B2W.Neo960
byalli479
Mlord348
Khaldor312
ceh9273
DeMusliM237
Liquid`VortiX159
KnowMe123
ArmadaUGS102
Trikslyr49
BRAT_OK 25
Railgan16
Beastyqt0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV230
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH244
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile129
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV375
League of Legends
• Nemesis2981
• TFBlade878
Other Games
• Shiphtur162
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 48m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 48m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.