• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:39
CEST 22:39
KST 05:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7795 users

[Interview] eSTRO vs Hite Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
May 03 2010 20:01 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +


Really

You won against a team rival, Leta.
-Today, compared to the team’s victory, I’m more satisfied I beat Leta [laugh]

How did you feel when you found out you were playing Leta?
-To be honest I was happy. He’s someone I’ve always wanted to beat, and if I beat him, the chances for the team increase dramatically, so I wanted to play him. I don’t know why but I always felt Leta would be sent out, so I asked to be sent out. I’ve always focused on TvT in practice.

All your teammates are happy.
-Even though it wasn’t expressed, everyone seemed to have been happier than I was. Before I went to bed last night, I even fantasized about beating Leta, and considered if I should do a ceremony, but when I’m actually at the studio, I couldn’t go through with it [laugh]

Were you nervous playing Leta?
-I’ve never been scared of Leta. Leta’s good at mindgames, and it’s true that he’s a stronger player, and he All-killed our team, which hurt our confidence. We’re very angry at being unable to beat him.

Do you have a desire for playoffs now?
-Of course we want to advance. The possibility still exists, so we won’t give up. We won’t be nervous, and we’ll work until the last moment.

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106413&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd



+ Show Spoiler +


Flying

You’re on a 4-win streak, thoughts ?
-I’m happy to win with some new concepts. Last time I used this strategy I lost, so I’m glad I won this time.

What are the key points of the Recall strategy?
-Last time I also made Corsairs, but I didn’t use them well. This time, my Corsairs killed a lot of Overlords, so the Recall had a better effect.

Are Corsairs at the core of the strategy?
-It depends on the micro. Yarnc chose Lurker-Hydra, so as long as I microed Corsairs well, I could get a lot of kills, and the game would become easy.

Why did you come up with this Recall strategy?
-I want the games to be more fun to watch. It’s also because of the maps. Compared to 4 player maps, I prefer 2 player maps. On a 4 player map, there’s a lot of resources for Zerg to take, so it’s difficult, and it’d be harder to Recall the main.

What’s the secret to your win streak?
-To preserve the streak, I’ve been practicing hard. Effort is the secret to success.

Leta had a 11-game streak against eSTRO.
-This is the first time I played against hite, to be able to win is great. I think Leta’s a great player, so if it got to ace, it would’ve been difficult, so we were determined to end it 3-0.

You’ve been appearing more and more lately.
-My style is becoming more and more apparent, and I’m more complex now compared to before. Even though there’s a lot of pressure associated with games, as long as we win, it all gets released.

Last words?
-Thanks to my teammates for practicing with me.

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106412&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd



+ Show Spoiler +


Action

Thoughts on a comeback win?
-I haven’t been very competitive in R4, and I’ve always been pressured. Same as today, I was disadvantaged from the opening, but luckily I won in the end.

Your team’s traditionally been weak against hite.
-We’re always weak against Leta, and we’ve always wanted to beat him once. It’s a pity I never got to play him. If I had lost in game 3, I don’t know what would’ve happened, so I was nervous. But to be able to win a hard-fought battle with my two hands in the end is heartening.

What do you think caused your slump?
-After R3 ended, I was excited preparing for SPL, but losses in the individual leagues and SPL caused me to lose confidence.

Do you think you’ve recovered?
-I’m still weak in early game management, but from the mid-late game all of my potential is realized, so it should be much better now.

Are you usually good at late-game?
-My management when Defilers come out is pretty good, so I hope to be able to drag it to the late game always.

Thoughts on the games from now on?
-Usually when I lose the team loses, and when I win the team wins, so I think I need to do better. We still have a chance at playoffs, so I’ll work hard along with everyone else.

Last words?
-Thanks to my teammates who helped me practice, even though I haven’t been doing well, my coach has still been confident in me, so I could get more experience. Thank you very much.

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106414&db=interview&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd



http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=196088&extra=page=1


TranslatorBaa!
ramen-
Profile Joined September 2009
90 Posts
May 03 2010 20:07 GMT
#2
+ Show Spoiler +
Go Flying, good to see someone trying to make the games more interesting.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
May 03 2010 20:09 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation! Flying is cool..
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
May 03 2010 20:11 GMT
#4
Thanks for translations.
Really really looks like Jaedong in that picture, or it just me?
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
InDaHouse
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden956 Posts
May 03 2010 20:13 GMT
#5
Awesome interviews! Thanks!
Stork protoss legend
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
May 03 2010 20:36 GMT
#6
On May 04 2010 05:01 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Flying
Why did you come up with this Recall strategy?
-I want the games to be more fun to watch. It’s also because of the maps. Compared to 4 player maps, I prefer 2 player maps. On a 4 player map, there’s a lot of resources for Zerg to take, so it’s difficult, and it’d be harder to Recall the main.

Awesome, we need more players likes that.

+ Show Spoiler +
Action
Do you think you’ve recovered?
-I’m still weak in early game management, but from the mid-late game all of my potential is realized, so it should be much better now.

Are you usually good at late-game?
-My management when Defilers come out is pretty good, so I hope to be able to drag it to the late game always.

Yeah, his late game is mind blowing.

lgd-haze
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden547 Posts
May 03 2010 20:37 GMT
#7
On May 04 2010 05:01 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
[center][spoiler]


What’s the secret to your win streak?
-To preserve the streak, I’ve been practicing hard. (Z)EffOrt is the secret to success.



hidden message!
Flying Tushin!!
lixlix
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States482 Posts
May 03 2010 21:09 GMT
#8
Effort was the first to play against Flying's Arbiter PvZ.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-03 21:14:32
May 03 2010 21:13 GMT
#9
(P)Flying:

On May 04 2010 05:37 lgd-haze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2010 05:01 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
What’s the secret to your win streak?
-To preserve the streak, I’ve been practicing hard. (Z)EffOrt is the secret to success.



hidden message!


On May 04 2010 06:09 lixlix wrote:
Effort was the first to play against Flying's Arbiter PvZ.


I picked up on that too. Nice unintended double meaning.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
May 03 2010 21:22 GMT
#10
Thanks!

eSTRO were super clean today. :p
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
May 04 2010 00:08 GMT
#11
Leta’s good at mindgames, and it’s true that he’s a stronger player


didn't really say he was better than leta in another interview? and now that he beat leta finally he thinks leta is stronger?
dani_caliKorea
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
730 Posts
May 04 2010 00:19 GMT
#12
How tall is Action anyways?
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
May 04 2010 00:26 GMT
#13
^_^
The secret is (Z)EffOrt.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
zealing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada806 Posts
May 04 2010 00:37 GMT
#14
ye ye Really TvT so gosu thx for trans ^_^
Think you got lag? It took Jesus 3 days to respawn.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
May 04 2010 07:22 GMT
#15
Wow, I didn't know Leta was so beastly against Estro. I'm sad that he lost T_T
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
May 04 2010 07:49 GMT
#16
Man, I can't look at Action and not laugh...
pathy
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Taiwan619 Posts
May 04 2010 08:10 GMT
#17
really... -_-. Out of his slump?
Graphicscolosi suck
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC544
EnkiAlexander 87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 544
ZombieGrub117
JuggernautJason91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22411
Soulkey 264
Mini 163
White-Ra 159
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 20
League of Legends
Doublelift1910
Counter-Strike
fl0m1436
shoxiejesuss546
C9.Mang0151
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3700
Khaldor2226
Liquid`Hasu1713
Trikslyr44
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2067
summit1g1944
B2W.Neo463
shahzam434
Pyrionflax182
UpATreeSC62
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• HerbMon 2
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• TFBlade807
• Noizen134
Other Games
• Scarra1511
• imaqtpie931
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 22m
OSC
16h 22m
Stellar Fest
16h 22m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.