• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:43
CEST 09:43
KST 16:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8794 users

[Stream] NC Gaming

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Dejime
Profile Joined April 2010
United States108 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-01 01:47:52
August 26 2010 05:30 GMT
#1
Hey guys!

Novus Chalybs [NC] Gaming is a group of friends who enjoy playing various different video games at a fairly high level together. We play various brackets in SC2, from 1v1 laddering and in custom games to help experiment and "figure out" all the aspects of a various matchup to 2v2 and 3v3 together for a different and hopefully more entertaining experience.

2 Main Streamers:
Anatsir, plays Protoss/Random in 1v1: Mid Diamond, don't ladder much.
Jazling, 2300 Diamond Zerg

Stream Schedule:
Anatsir: Generally Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon starting at 8 EST and going pretty late.
Jaz' regular schedule TBD.
Diamond Kings of the Hill: Friday/Saturday starting at 8 EST: To determine players for our $175 Invitational tournament! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=166228
Newbie School: Mondays 8-1 EST (Take lower level players and give lessons/instructions to help them get better!)

The stream will feature games from probably all brackets at some point or another. While this may not be the usual 1v1 TL stream, our commentary, analysis, and general banter between the players will provide an entertaining experience and create a show which players of various skill levels and interests can enjoy.

If you are a theorycrafting type who likes to figure out why a game went a certain way or try to craft careful builds and strategies, hopefully you will find our show interesting and useful.

In any event, please check out our stream if you are interested in our games or our commentary, and please leave both positive and negative feedback in this thread! Let us know what you want to see and listen to and participate in the chat! I'll try to monitor the chat during the show.

Oh, and a reminder: I do replay analysis, so just send a replay to ncreplays@gmail.com and I'll take a look whenever I get a minute. Just give me the best way to get a hold of you for suggestions etc (e-mail, bnet identifier, etc) and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Ustream link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nc-gaming-sc2
I'll tweet if I'm going to go live on that day...follow @novusgaming on twitter if you want to get a more detailed schedule. I plan on streaming primarily on the weekends, Friday-Monday, starting at around 8 EST and lasting until early AM hours.

Follow us on Twitter or Facebook if you want specific updates!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/novusgaming
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NC-Gaming/168667409828423

VODs are posted to www.ncgaming.blip.tv on a regular schedule, especially for major events like King of the Hill and Newbie School.

Replays:
I'll be posting my own replay ladder packs soonish. Some requested replays I've had:
PvT Charge/Storm (for use against bio balls): http://www.novuschalybs.com/PvTChargeStorm.SC2Replay

PvT Charge/VR (for those pesky marine/raven/banshee, marine/tank/raven, marine/thor builds!): http://www.novuschalybs.com/PvTVRCharge.SC2Replay

Replay Packs:
King of the Hill Qualifiers for 12-5 Tournament (Tournament thread: here)
KOTH #1: http://www.novuschalybs.com/KOTH115.rar
KOTH #2: http://www.novuschalybs.com/KOTH116.rar
Games of the night KOTH #2: PvZ Tandinel v. Yawn, ZvZ yawn v SwirlyRolls, TvZ Jazling v FloWolf
Forgot to have my replay renamer on for KOTH 3 and a portion of 4.
KOTH #4: http://www.novuschalybs.com/KOTH1114.rar
KOTH #5:www.novuschalybs.com/KOTH1119.rar
KOTH #5 Game of the Night: www.novuschalybs.com/KOTH1119GOTN.SC2Replay (Nukes & PFs in the main are involved!)


10-30-10 King of the Hill:
Replay Pack: http://www.novuschalybs.com/NC Gaming KOTH 10-29-10 Replay Pack.rar
Game of the Night: (Mass Ravens): www.novuschalybs.com/ZvTYulath vs Maverick2010-10-29 23-44-04.SC2Replay
Anatsir#1578
JohnRee
Profile Joined July 2010
United States19 Posts
August 29 2010 04:14 GMT
#2
Are you guys located in North Carolina?
Dejime
Profile Joined April 2010
United States108 Posts
August 29 2010 06:51 GMT
#3
Uh, no. read the thread, we're "Novus Chalybs gaming," or "Novus, for short."

Decent enough first show. We'll try to get the banter better as we go forward, it just takes some practice talking and playing at the same time /sigh

Hope you guys enjoyed. Seems like we had a decent audience.
Anatsir#1578
m0jjen
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden4 Posts
September 19 2010 06:34 GMT
#4
Am i the only one getting frustrated when he puts 3 probes carrying minerals into the gas, pure waste.
Dejime
Profile Joined April 2010
United States108 Posts
September 19 2010 07:14 GMT
#5
Please let me know what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong, what brackets you want to see, what you want to hear us talk about (The game? Other SC comments? Completely random stuff?)

Trying to mix it up. We won't know what you guys want to see if you don't tell us!

We got up to almost 100 viewers tonight, and we're planning on streaming again tomorrow night starting around 8-9 EST. Tune in!

Please leave comments! Want to know what we can improve on!
Anatsir#1578
bigjenk
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1543 Posts
October 17 2010 10:18 GMT
#6
Very cool stream appreciate the helping lower level players keep up the good work.
Ignore my opinions I am bad
Dejime
Profile Joined April 2010
United States108 Posts
October 30 2010 20:08 GMT
#7
Update: Replay packs from our KOTHs and other events will be posted here, so if you want them, be sure to check this page after an event. I'll post ladder replay packs as well.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in last night for our KOTH, running another one tonight (10-30) so be sure to tune in around 8 EST!
Anatsir#1578
claricorp
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada142 Posts
November 03 2010 06:08 GMT
#8
Personally I really like the interaction between the viewers and the streamers, the stream seems pretty fun and relaxed though I have only been watching a short while.
sleeper1320
Profile Joined November 2010
2 Posts
November 20 2010 07:09 GMT
#9
Found this stream tonight and enjoyed watching the games. Definitely will pass the word around. I enjoyed hanging out with you guys.

My only complaints: Remove the person echoing in vent. It's annoying as hell. And, try to get a few more people casting. I have no problems with some quiet stuff, but definitely could use another caster.

I'll definitely be back.

sleeps
Zero.Degree
Profile Joined November 2010
2 Posts
November 20 2010 08:13 GMT
#10
I'm being completely honest when I say this. I think you guys are the BIGGEST trolls I've ever heard. I'd like to see you commentate a game of yourself and hear your constant,"This looks ugly..", "Can someone PLEASE explain to me why he is/isn't getting such and such...", "I don't understand why he's building this when he should be doing this", "He hasn't replaced two SCVs at his gas omg", "I dunno what he's waiting for...", " I'd really like to see... blah blah blah". You guys aren't even real commentators, you DON'T describe the game in the present, you DON'T predict builds or strategies, you AREN'T exciting to listen to in the least. NOTHING that comes out of your mouth is in any way positive. No wonder you only have freakin 35 viewers. Seriously, you guys are more painful to listen to than H to the usky Husky, and he actually commentates. With that said, here's some advice, L2Commentate.
Dejime
Profile Joined April 2010
United States108 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 19:59:21
November 20 2010 19:50 GMT
#11
On November 20 2010 16:09 sleeper1320 wrote:
Found this stream tonight and enjoyed watching the games. Definitely will pass the word around. I enjoyed hanging out with you guys.

My only complaints: Remove the person echoing in vent. It's annoying as hell. And, try to get a few more people casting. I have no problems with some quiet stuff, but definitely could use another caster.

I'll definitely be back.

sleeps


Definitely agree about the echoing. No one should be talking if they're echoing.

And normally we have 2-3 more guys casting but they were busy this weekend.

Thanks for the comments.

And, to the guy who is saying we're the worst commentators ever: If you watched the full night, then I'll take your criticism with a grain of salt. But, my guess is you popped in for the few really TERRIBLE games of the whole night...during a 9 hour casting session, sometimes it falls apart, especially when they players do particularly baffling things and there isn't much to be positive about. I'm not going to lie and be like "oh this is a really great strategy/play" when it's not, because then people don't believe me when it actually IS exciting. Watch us again sometime, especially when we have our full/regular casters around, we predict strategies, we figure out who's doing what and why, and whether it's going to work or not. But, that said, you're entitled to your opinion, and thanks for the comments. We try not to rag too much on the players, but it definitely happens sometimes, especially during a long stretch of, frankly, bad games. Will keep it in mind going forward as we try to improve.
Anatsir#1578
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
November 21 2010 00:23 GMT
#12
Hi guys,
I want to ask a few questions about the stream. Do you guys have any other website where I can get updates besides Twitter? Also, I am interested in participating in this "king of the hill." Can you put me on the list?
I would love to check out your stream in the near future and hopefully provide some feedback and even participate in the community events! I look forward to meeting you guys.
Life's good :D
sleeper1320
Profile Joined November 2010
2 Posts
November 21 2010 04:43 GMT
#13
Also, please don't underestimate a good mic and good mic positioning. Someone commenting tonight had horrible mic and/or mic positioning. Consequently, the voice was hallow, "echoey", and/or muffled. You don't have to have the voice of a radio host to cast, but you do need some good quality sound. If your mic isn't the best, then consider getting a new mic or a program to change the EQs to compensate for the deficiencies.

Otherwise, enjoyed another night of casting. Lots of fun. gg everyone.

sleeps
squintz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
November 21 2010 08:25 GMT
#14
fun stream to play and watch. should be featured on the weekends for KOTH!
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
November 21 2010 09:49 GMT
#15
I've spent a few hours with you chaps and here's my view on the stream.
First off, there members are very friendly and attentive. I enjoyed my chat with some of your "unique" viewers; some were a bit awkward and childish but fun none the less. However your moderators proved to be negligent. There were some forms of bullying going on and none of your mods were there to tend to the situation. (pointing out "thenecron.")
About the content: I love the interaction between the team and the viewers. NC is a very hospitable crowd and I believe you guys have a section called Newbie School? Which is a great contribution to the Starcraft 2 community and, in general, such a wonderful thing to provide the newer and less skilled players a chance to participate in the community events. I played a couple of games on the King of the Hill which were quite entertaining. A suggestion; get tougher players to play on it. I had such an easy time strolling up the hill.
And finally, the VODs are amazing and well organized. I enjoyed skimming through the first few KotHs and even found some new play I need to tend to. The void rays vs Zerg push is worth the study. I am currently viewing this superb mass raven build against Zerg, executed by this marvelous Terran. Food for thought!
Anyways, I better wrap this up. I believe I've expressed enough. I look forward to the future. Cheers NC! and good luck.
Life's good :D
GosHGG
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada6 Posts
November 30 2010 07:55 GMT
#16
Love the stream, Great quality and casting! Awesome KOTH's. I like the way you take the time to help lower level players and even good players that have specific problems with their game in your Newby School mondays! Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to the tournament next sunday!
elkram
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States221 Posts
November 30 2010 08:02 GMT
#17
Loved you guys. Didn't really know you existed until a few hours ago, but you are definitely worth watching. The newbie school was pretty cool to watch, and participate in. Totally love it. Would love to see you guys get some exposure because I feel you are like the cool teacher of the community who has parties over the weekend. You are all very nice, kind, and, hell, kind of tolerant of newcomers, not all streams can say that.

If I were to rate your stream I'd give you a 9/10 with like one or 2 things to improve, one of them being the stream quallity: would love it in HD, but unless you are GLHF.tv or somebody who has amazing internet plus amazing streaming software plus amazing computer that ain't gonna happen, so it is a minor gripe. The stream quality is like 480 so it is bearable. Other thing to improve on would be....(indicates me thinking real hard) different races for the newbie school. As much as I love toss, and am one, I saw mostly toss, with the occasional Terran. Don't know if that is just how the cookie crumbled tonight or not, but that is the only other thing i'd improve.

Other than that, I was very pleased with the stream. definitely think it is feature worthy.
Tiger Tiger. burning bright, In the forests of the night; What immortal hand or eye. Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Osiris1983
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1 Post
November 30 2010 08:19 GMT
#18
First time viewer tonight. I really like the noobie school stream you guys do. The in game coaching seems to be very helpful. I notice you guys only get about 100 viewers, I would think something like this would be much more popular, is there a facebook or any other way I can help spread the word for you guys, I really like what your doing here.
toyotanos
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4 Posts
November 30 2010 08:31 GMT
#19
I agree that the channel has a very chill feel to it, which is very nice. Plus, they take the time to explain why certain units will do better overall in the game, and how it affects an overall build's effectiveness..
I also think the newbie school is a great idea. My main problem is I never know what the 'next step' is should be. For me, having someone who knows the game and is helping you out in real-time makes a huge difference. It won't make you into a 2500 diamond player, but it will identify what you need to work on to become a more skilled player and enjoy the game more. I will be joining for future broadcasts, thanks!
thenecron
Profile Joined November 2010
10 Posts
November 30 2010 12:37 GMT
#20
On November 30 2010 17:19 Osiris1983 wrote:
First time viewer tonight. I really like the noobie school stream you guys do. The in game coaching seems to be very helpful. I notice you guys only get about 100 viewers, I would think something like this would be much more popular, is there a facebook or any other way I can help spread the word for you guys, I really like what your doing here.


We have a facebook and twitter, and a blip.tv account for some VODs.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/novusgaming
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NC-Gaming/168667409828423
VODs: http://ncgaming.blip.tv/
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 153
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 934
HiyA 163
Mong 56
Shine 47
NotJumperer 30
Bale 29
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 845
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft758
Other Games
summit1g9051
olofmeister644
ceh9453
PiGStarcraft345
Happy281
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream492
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH239
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2387
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Lourlo1319
• Stunt466
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 17m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 17m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.