• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:12
CEST 02:12
KST 09:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9862 users

Hydra joins ROOT

Forum Index > SC2 General
192 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-24 18:00:58
September 24 2014 18:00 GMT
#1


Today is a good day! We are ecstatic to announce the addition of Shin 'HydrA' Dong Won to our SC2 roster, and to our gaming house! As a Proleague veteran, and once considered one of the best Zergs in the entire world, Hydra is excited to bring his legacy and wisdom to the ROOT Gaming family, and he is thrilled to finally show his talent to the NA scene.


ROOTHyrdA says:
I wanted to join a foreign team because I feel like I need a new environment and new experiences. When I was looking for foreign teams, ROOT was the most appealing to me. I met CatZ on the KR ladder and we became friends, so when my contract ended, ROOT was an obvious choice for me.

My goals with the team are to prepare for WCS and other events next year, and show the best performance I can in every tournament.

I am very happy about this announcement and I am very excited to meet my foreign fans at events, I will practice hard and try to perform at my best everywhere I go. Please follow me on Twitter, @ROOTHydrA


Captain ROOTCatZ says:
As we recently picked up SuperNova, we weren't looking to expand any further in SC2 for a while. but HydrA insisted that ROOT was the team he wanted to join, and play WCS NA under our banner. I first met HydrA a couple of months ago after playing a ladder game against him when I was testing one of my builds. He told me he was a fan, and called me a "build order master", which I get to brag about now. Of course, in the game, I insisted I was the bigger fan boy.

Since then, we became friends, and discussed strategy on Skype. When his contract with CJ was coming to an end, he reached out to us right away, and despite us not being able to offer as much as I think he deserves, he insisted on joining.

I consider ourselves very lucky to now house not only a friend and a great person, but also one of the best zerg players on the planet.


Source : http://root-gaming.com/news/view/introducing-roothydra-108#.VCMGefl_u-q
Facebook Twitter Reddit
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
September 24 2014 18:01 GMT
#2
Root can into relevancy ?
rly ?
looknohands119
Profile Joined March 2010
United States815 Posts
September 24 2014 18:01 GMT
#3
So sick! :D
"The kingdom of the heavens is buried treasure. Would you sell yourself to buy the one you've found?" - Jon Foreman ('Your Love Is Strong' - Spring EP)
REyeM
Profile Joined August 2014
2674 Posts
September 24 2014 18:02 GMT
#4
Sigh..
S4 Arrows, never forget. RIP Woongjin Stars.
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
September 24 2014 18:02 GMT
#5
Very cool! Congrats to ROOT and Hydra!
Hello
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 24 2014 18:03 GMT
#6
I was going to try to make this but I knew Aeromi would beat me anyway
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
September 24 2014 18:03 GMT
#7
Joke.

User was warned for this post
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
NervO
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Netherlands511 Posts
September 24 2014 18:04 GMT
#8
Wow
Currently working with Team Acer CSGO | @AcerNervO
kaykoose
Profile Joined February 2014
United States2302 Posts
September 24 2014 18:05 GMT
#9
Wow, another big pick up. grats to Hydra and ROOT
Clazziquai10
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore1949 Posts
September 24 2014 18:05 GMT
#10
Wut?
Jornada
Profile Joined February 2012
United States223 Posts
September 24 2014 18:05 GMT
#11
ROOT looking to strengthen NA server yo
www.twitch.tv/jornada28 Master Protoss. Follow me on Twitter for SC2 Updates https://twitter.com/#!/elelvlent
Mekare
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany393 Posts
September 24 2014 18:06 GMT
#12
wow, nice pick up for ROOT. :D
Hope Hydra will have a great time with them
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
September 24 2014 18:08 GMT
#13
Wow, very nice. Unexpected for sure, at least for me! :O

I don't know why people are so negative.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
argonautdice
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada2722 Posts
September 24 2014 18:08 GMT
#14
haha love it
very illegal and very uncool
Pursuit_
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States1330 Posts
September 24 2014 18:09 GMT
#15
Hydra to WCS AM? Yes!!!!
In Somnis Veritas
iiGreetings
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada563 Posts
September 24 2014 18:09 GMT
#16
Go back to 2012 and tell yourself that one day, one of the best terran players of that era, supernova and reputed sc1 pro hydra would be on ROOT.. I'm kinda shocked by this to be honest.
Adapt and React I MKP, PartinG, EffOrt ♥
Apollo_Shards
Profile Joined February 2011
1210 Posts
September 24 2014 18:09 GMT
#17
da fuqqin hell is this shit godamm
Jaedong, sOs, avilo, MaSa, Oprah
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-24 18:11:00
September 24 2014 18:10 GMT
#18
Did not see that coming.

edit: I guess soO is next
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
September 24 2014 18:10 GMT
#19
As much respect as I have for CatZ as a player and pundit, I have a TON more respect for him as a businessman. Holy crap. ROOT's signings are never not exciting and never not mutually beneficial.

Congratulations to ROOT Gaming and Hydra!
The world is better when every background has a chance.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
September 24 2014 18:12 GMT
#20
I have no idea how is CatZ doing it.
What a legend.

Gl & hf, MSL Champion, time to conquer NA against likes of Polt and viOlet.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft250
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft250
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 598
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever673
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox432
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6145
Other Games
summit1g8885
shahzam645
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0255
Maynarde109
ArmadaUGS71
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick880
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 49m
Stellar Fest
12h 49m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.