• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:38
CEST 03:38
KST 10:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9387 users

Interview with MacSed/XiGua/ToodMing

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
spritzz
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-06 18:15:29
April 06 2014 01:23 GMT
#1
Thought I'd add this before tomorrow match. Fighting!

Original interviews:
+ Show Spoiler +

MacSed
问:你这已经是连续第三次WCS美洲区线下赛晋级了,感觉如何?
答:简直棒极了。

问:这次的目标是什么?
答:依旧8强- -。然后争取能走的更远。

问:最近备战的如何?
答:备战的一般把,对于比赛我觉得还是看当时的发挥和应变。

问:从美国转战德意志,感觉对自己的备战有什么影响吗?
答:没有影响呢,可能会更好些,因为时差容易调。

问:同组的还有国手Tooming,并且他还是战胜Scarlett晋级的,有没有对他说点什么?
答:希望我们能一起晋级,加油。(居然避开了Scarlett,这不科学!)

问:有没有为此次比赛准备了一些特殊的战术了呢?
答:没有,据说同组神族很强,需要准备特殊战术吗?

问:小组赛首战你将迎战Taeja,在去年WCS第二赛季美洲区淘汰赛中你们已经交过手了,并且最近神族比较强势,这次有没有信心战胜他呢?
答:现在人族真的很厉害,没多少信心能战胜他。

问:最后,还想说些什么呢?
答:飞机会不会消失啊,我好慌啊。感谢iG俱乐部对我的支持,还有我们的赞助商SteelSeries和网鱼网咖。

Xigua:
问:这是你第一次闯入WCS美洲区线下赛感想如何?
答:很难得的一次机会吧,希望能发挥出水平。

问: 这次的目标是什么?
答:尽力而为...

问:最近备战如何?
答:很一般,网络波动太大了。据说海底光缆出问题了,挺郁闷。

问:相比其他两位中国选手,你应该可以说是身陷死亡之组,有希望出线吗?
答:不知道。没有和他们交过手,我只希望能打出水平就好了。

问:你在32强线上赛上直接击败TL.HerO晋级让人印象深刻(>>>查看详细),然而这次线下赛有没有准备什么特别的战术呢?
答:ZVT是基本功的较量,我可能会根据情况来决定战术。

问:这应该是你继IPL与IEM第三次出征海外大赛吧
答:如果GSL韩国原来也算应该是第4次吧。(笑)

问:对其他两名国手有什么想说的吗?尤其是你的队友MacSed
答:希望国手都能打出中国选手的风采!

问:最后,还有什么想说的吗?
答:希望光缆快点修好吧,感谢iG俱乐部对我的支持,还有我们的赞助商SteelSeries和网鱼网咖。

问:由于NASL的解散,从美利坚转战德意志,感觉对自己的备战有什么影响吗?(>>>查看详细)

答:原本我准备和我们的领队去拉斯维加斯的。突然改变地点我好失望。我的阳光,美女,沙滩~不过想想下次还可以去也没什么了。备战的话因为我小组对手Arthur,几乎不打其他看得到rep,vod的比赛,也没办法了解。其实越早打我能越了解他的风格。毕竟他之前和IG战队的Luka打过。现在时间过了那么久,完全没有头绪了。只能“闭着眼睛”打了。不过他也是一波狂魔我想守好一波就行了。

问:最近备战的如何?

答:实话说毫无头绪。我的天梯分太低那个级别的几乎都是all in。ZVP我平均一天搜10盘,其中5盘都是光炮Rush,还有几盘一波流。打运营一天能打个3盘就不错了。所以我都不知道我现在是什么实力?ZVT的话完全拼基本功了,所以还算是比较有信心的。

问:和MacSed同分一组,然后你又是战胜了他的好友Scarlett晋级的,感觉压力大吗?

答:Sed老师是中国人吧?毫无压力。希望我们都能发挥出自己的水平。我们打胜者组决赛,然后你先放我先上去吧!我不想再打神族了!

问:同组的还有韩国的两位选手TaeJa与Arthur,有没有特别的战术准备给他们呢?

答:没有准备什么战术,不知道对手会怎么打所以只能见机行事吧。

问:觉得自己的出线有多大把握?

答:打神族看对方脸色了。所以我也没什么信心。打Taeja差不多吧。看谁更有耐心,他的风格在zvt上和我有些相似,看谁更有耐心我觉得谁就能赢。

问:这次WCS的目标是什么呢?

答:认真打比赛,打出自己平时训练的东西。这次线下时间还算长,所以希望能通过这次线下的机会多观察、学习、交流。可惜Jaedong被淘汰了要不可能能多学点,不过有蟒王Hyun,还有精彩镜头集结者Revival 他们俩也不错。当然还有瓜宗Xigua!

问:最后,出征前的誓言

答:最近几天的练习感觉我实在说不出什么豪言壮语。且行且珍惜~我会尽我全力的!


MacSed
[image loading]

Q: This is your third time advancing to WCS AM Offline, how do you feel?
A: Absolutely amazing.

Q: What is the goal this time?
A: Still RO8 - -. Then strive to advance further.

Q: How is your preparation going?
A: So so, competing will still depend on [my] performance and reaction on the spot.

Q: From US to Germany, does it affect your prep?
A: Naw, probably for the better, because easier to adjust to jet lag.

Q: Toodming is also in your group, and he advanced by taking out Scarlett, do you have anything to say to him?
A: Hope we can advance together, fighting! ([I] actually dodged Scarlett, this doesn't make sense!) (T/N: literally 'this isn't scientific')

Q: Did you prepare any special tactics?
A: No. I heard the Protoss player in this group is very strong. Do I need to prepare special tactics?

Q: Your first match is against Taeja, you have already faced him in WCS Season 2 AM last year. Recently Protosses are performing well, do you have the confidence to defeat him this time?
A: Terran is powerful nowadays, [I] don't have too much confidence.

Q: Lastly, anything you want to add?
A: Will my plane disappear? I feel unsettled. Thank you iG for supporting me, as well as my sponsors SteelSeries and WYWK (T/N: A Chinese internet cafe brand name)

XiGua
[image loading]
Q: This is your first time breaking into WCS AM Offline, how do you feel?
A: A rare opportunity, hope [I] can perform well.

Q: What's your goal?
A: Do my best...

Q: How is your preparation going?
A: So-so. Internet [performance] fluctuates too much. Apparently some problems with the optical cables across the ocean, [am] pretty sad.

Q: Comparing to the other two Chinese players, you're in the group of death, any hopes of advancing?
A: Don't know. Never sparred with them, I just hope I can perform well.

Q: Your victory over TL.Hero on the RO32 Online competition has left a deep impression on everybody, did you prepare any special tactics for this offline competition?
A: ZVT is a battle of mechanics (T/N: 'basics'). I will mold my strategy according to situation.

Q: This is your third foreign competition after IPL and IEM.
A: The 4th one if you count GSL Korea (laugh)

Q: Do you want to say anything to the other two Chinese players? Especially your teammate MacSed.
A: Hope us Chinese players can show our flare and represent! (T/N: open to suggestions on how to translate this line better)

Q: Lastly, anything else to say?
A: Hope the optical cable can be repaired soon, thank you iG for supporting me, and our sponsors SteelSeries and WYWK.

TooDming
[image loading]
Q: Due to NASL disbanding, [you have to] compete at Germany instead of US, do you feel if this has any effect on your preparation?
A: I originally wanted to go to Las Vegas with my team lead. I am very disappointed with the change of location. My sunshine, pretty girls, beach~ But it's okay consider I can always go next time. In terms of preparing for my opponent Authur, he almost never plays in any tournament that provides reps and VODs, so can't really check him out. The earlier I play him, the better I'd have a better feel of his style, since he has played Luka from IG. But since it's been so long, [I have] not the slightest clue. Have to play blind basically. But he is also a first-push(all in) monster, so I think I will be okay if I can defend his first push.

Q: How's your prep going?
A: Honestly, not the slightest clue. My ladder point is too low - at that level everybody all-ins. I average 10 ZVP a day on ladder, 5 of which are cannon rushes, and a few all-ins. I'd get three macro games if I'm lucky, so I have no idea how well I'm doing. ZVT is a battle of mechanics, so am somewhat confident there.

Q: You're in the same group and MacSed, and you advanced by beating his good friend Scarlet. Do you feel any pressure?
A: Sed sensei is Chinese? No pressure at all. Hope we can perform our best. Let us meet in the winner's match, then please let me advance first! I don't want to face another Protoss!

Q: There are two Korean players TaeJa and Arthur in your group, do you have any special tactics prepared for them?
A: Didn't prepare any special tactics, don't know how the opponent will play so going to play by the ear.

Q: How confident are you on advancing?
A: Against Protoss, it'll be depending on their mood/performance, so I'm not very confident. Pretty much the same against TaeJa, see who has more patience. He has similar style as me on zvt, so I think whoever has more patience will win.

Q: What's your goal for this WCS [season]?
A: Take it seriously, show the level of performance from practice. This offline [tournament] last for a while, so I hope I can take this opportunity to observe, study, and exchange [with other players]. Too bad Jaedong is eliminated, or else I can probably learn a lot more. But there are 'Python King' Hyun, 'Assembler of Great Plays' Revival, they're pretty good. Of course there is still 'Grand Master of Melons' Xigua! (T/N: them nickname are really hard to translate...)

Q: Lastly, your Battle Oath
A: Judging from my practice session recently, I don't have any strong words. Cherish what you have at the moment (T/N: Chinese Internet meme). I will give it my all!

Source: http://s.163.com/14/0402/17/9ORF8CH600314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0403/10/9OTBI0VQ00314Q8T.html
http://s.163.com/14/0401/14/9OOKRM4A00314Q8T.html
zugzug
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
April 06 2014 03:21 GMT
#2
Hey, thanks for the interview, it's neat to see how the Chinese players approach events given that we so rarely see and hear them

Also, those nicknames are pretty funny!
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
Liquid`Snute
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Norway839 Posts
April 06 2014 03:47 GMT
#3
On April 06 2014 10:23 spritzz wrote:
Q: How's your prep going?
A: Honestly, not the slightest clue. My ladder point is too low - at that level everybody all-ins. I average 10 ZVP a day on ladder, 5 of which are cannon rushes, and a few all-ins. I'd get three macro games if I'm lucky, so I have no idea how well I'm doing.

lol

Thanks for the translation!
Team Liquid
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
April 06 2014 03:51 GMT
#4
Haha this interview makes me even more of a Toodming fan. Thanks for the translations
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Serinox
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany5224 Posts
April 06 2014 12:08 GMT
#5
Ah, TooDming, he has always good interviews :D I remember he once stated he really wanted to join Team Liquid. Maybe that will become true for him one day
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
April 06 2014 12:09 GMT
#6
thanks! nice to hear from the cn guys
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
April 06 2014 12:22 GMT
#7
China hope fighting!
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
April 06 2014 12:29 GMT
#8
Pretty awesome interviews
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
Rescawen
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland1028 Posts
April 06 2014 12:30 GMT
#9
good luck to them!
ChapatiyaqPTSM
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1887 Posts
April 06 2014 13:28 GMT
#10
Thank you for the translation
LiquipediaBoy, these pretzels are makin' me thirsty.
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
April 06 2014 13:54 GMT
#11
i wish i could be called the grand master of melons hahaha
danmanjones
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand19 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-06 13:55:33
April 06 2014 13:55 GMT
#12
'Python King' Hyun
'Assembler of Great Plays' Revival
'Grand Master of Melons' Xigua

LMFAO!
Go Go Lee Jaedong!!
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 06 2014 14:11 GMT
#13
FYI the Luka guy Toodming mentions is iAsonu from iG, who lost to Arthur in Challenger.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
April 06 2014 17:47 GMT
#14
Thanks for the translations!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
freeamount
Profile Joined April 2010
China202 Posts
April 06 2014 18:15 GMT
#15
Love this:
'Python King' Hyun, 'Assembler of Great Plays' Revival
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft483
CranKy Ducklings56
EnkiAlexander 10
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft483
CosmosSc2 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2237
Artosis 628
Dota 2
monkeys_forever666
Counter-Strike
taco 241
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox641
Other Games
summit1g8482
JimRising 640
C9.Mang0330
Day[9].tv291
Maynarde154
ViBE138
Livibee62
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1064
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv291
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 22m
Stellar Fest
11h 22m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.