• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:07
CEST 13:07
KST 20:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7632 users

Code S - Semi-Finals Preview (Season 3) - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
156 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
October 09 2013 07:22 GMT
#141
On October 09 2013 10:48 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 10:41 bearhug wrote:
On October 09 2013 10:10 Dodgin wrote:
On October 09 2013 10:04 tshi wrote:
On October 09 2013 09:37 Darkhoarse wrote:
Bah I have to root for someone from Prime. Guess Maru has to be a 2 time WCS champ.

If he wins another championship, we can start calling him a bonjwa?


maybe when he wins 5


Well, you need to consider that there were 8 GSLs in 2011 when MVP got his three championships. And there are only 3 (GSL + OSL) in 2013. So MVP's 4 GSL achievement is equal to today's 2 GSL/OSL achievement.


I was just going to laugh at you but seeing as you're probably serious I'll treat your terrible suggestion seriously.

[...]


This is such a canadian statement.
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
October 09 2013 07:26 GMT
#142
"soO, my Dear, here's is my soul's key, now will you maru me finally?"

- famous incontrol quote from his marriage approach to anna prosser.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
October 09 2013 07:39 GMT
#143
I'm sure Mr Chae is hoping for a Maru vs Soulkey finals, it would be great to have the two winners of the previous seasons square off in the finals. On the other hand we could have Dear vs Soo, which would be a PR disaster =/

I expect a strong performance from Maru. I think his performance in the Season 2 global finals was an anomaly. Perhaps because he is young and hasn't travelled much before, I think he's more likely to be influenced by environmental factors and plays better at home than "away". I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this season, only to bomb in the global finals again.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
October 09 2013 08:00 GMT
#144
SHHHIIIIT. I didn't even realize how good Dear was. But yeah everytime he plays, even when he loses, it looks pretty good.
Julyzerg ftw
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
October 09 2013 08:02 GMT
#145
Dear is really really good. Aside from that genius manner nexus strat he really looked good in he last few months.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
October 09 2013 08:03 GMT
#146
On October 09 2013 16:39 FuRong wrote:
I'm sure Mr Chae is hoping for a Maru vs Soulkey finals, it would be great to have the two winners of the previous seasons square off in the finals. On the other hand we could have Dear vs Soo, which would be a PR disaster =/

I expect a strong performance from Maru. I think his performance in the Season 2 global finals was an anomaly.
Perhaps because he is young and hasn't travelled much before, I think he's more likely to be influenced by environmental factors and plays better at home than "away". I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this season, only to bomb in the global finals again.

I don't agree with this statement. I think that he's a bonjwa in the making because he had the tenacity to improve his game after he had been 'figured out' a while ago and then rise tot he top again. Those kinds of characteristics are evident in anyone who has GODLY potential at SC2 -- which is a really hard game to play and that's why I think it matters that he was able to climb up the ranks again and put himself in a situation where he might be in the finals -- he's so young!! He has some great things destined for him!
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Vete
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany190 Posts
October 09 2013 08:32 GMT
#147
On October 09 2013 17:03 tshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 16:39 FuRong wrote:
I'm sure Mr Chae is hoping for a Maru vs Soulkey finals, it would be great to have the two winners of the previous seasons square off in the finals. On the other hand we could have Dear vs Soo, which would be a PR disaster =/

I expect a strong performance from Maru. I think his performance in the Season 2 global finals was an anomaly.
Perhaps because he is young and hasn't travelled much before, I think he's more likely to be influenced by environmental factors and plays better at home than "away". I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this season, only to bomb in the global finals again.

I don't agree with this statement. I think that he's a bonjwa in the making because he had the tenacity to improve his game after he had been 'figured out' a while ago and then rise tot he top again. Those kinds of characteristics are evident in anyone who has GODLY potential at SC2 -- which is a really hard game to play and that's why I think it matters that he was able to climb up the ranks again and put himself in a situation where he might be in the finals -- he's so young!! He has some great things destined for him!



I think he will 'fall' like Innovation after the replays are released...
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 09 2013 08:35 GMT
#148
On October 09 2013 17:32 Vete wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 17:03 tshi wrote:
On October 09 2013 16:39 FuRong wrote:
I'm sure Mr Chae is hoping for a Maru vs Soulkey finals, it would be great to have the two winners of the previous seasons square off in the finals. On the other hand we could have Dear vs Soo, which would be a PR disaster =/

I expect a strong performance from Maru. I think his performance in the Season 2 global finals was an anomaly.
Perhaps because he is young and hasn't travelled much before, I think he's more likely to be influenced by environmental factors and plays better at home than "away". I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this season, only to bomb in the global finals again.

I don't agree with this statement. I think that he's a bonjwa in the making because he had the tenacity to improve his game after he had been 'figured out' a while ago and then rise tot he top again. Those kinds of characteristics are evident in anyone who has GODLY potential at SC2 -- which is a really hard game to play and that's why I think it matters that he was able to climb up the ranks again and put himself in a situation where he might be in the finals -- he's so young!! He has some great things destined for him!

I think he will 'fall' like Innovation after the replays are released...

they were already released for season 2 weren't they?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
October 09 2013 08:44 GMT
#149
If Maru and Soulkey win, all will be well in the world.
Flash | Mvp
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-09 09:32:48
October 09 2013 08:52 GMT
#150
Oh Dear please please win this !
Rooting for Dear and soO !
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
October 09 2013 09:07 GMT
#151
On October 09 2013 17:03 tshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 16:39 FuRong wrote:
I'm sure Mr Chae is hoping for a Maru vs Soulkey finals, it would be great to have the two winners of the previous seasons square off in the finals. On the other hand we could have Dear vs Soo, which would be a PR disaster =/

I expect a strong performance from Maru. I think his performance in the Season 2 global finals was an anomaly.
Perhaps because he is young and hasn't travelled much before, I think he's more likely to be influenced by environmental factors and plays better at home than "away". I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this season, only to bomb in the global finals again.

I don't agree with this statement. I think that he's a bonjwa in the making because he had the tenacity to improve his game after he had been 'figured out' a while ago and then rise tot he top again. Those kinds of characteristics are evident in anyone who has GODLY potential at SC2 -- which is a really hard game to play and that's why I think it matters that he was able to climb up the ranks again and put himself in a situation where he might be in the finals -- he's so young!! He has some great things destined for him!


I think you misunderstood me. I said that his (subpar) performance in the global finals (in Europe) was an anomaly, not his performance winning the GSL.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
October 09 2013 09:07 GMT
#152
Maru to win again and dominate the scene. The new Flash!
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 09 2013 10:15 GMT
#153
On October 09 2013 18:07 Nekovivie wrote:
Maru to win again and dominate the scene. The new Flash!


Welp.
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
October 09 2013 10:31 GMT
#154
Go Dear please win this! For protoss and for Soul!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
elmerpogs
Profile Joined August 2011
Philippines441 Posts
October 09 2013 11:15 GMT
#155
My prediction of sOo vs Dear finals just gotten real. And sOo for the season championship is gonna get real too. go go skt
SKT [img]http://i.imgur.com/1NuGXvx.png[/img] is still the best [img]http://i.imgur.com/MsxcOXX.png[/img]
VeTerrAn1
Profile Joined February 2013
Switzerland39 Posts
October 09 2013 12:20 GMT
#156
On October 09 2013 14:31 Holdenintherye wrote:
Hoping for a Maru Soulkey finals!
Then another reverse sweep!


both are out , bad for you ....
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 09 2013 14:58 GMT
#157
On October 09 2013 12:29 Dodgin wrote:
The finals will probably end up being dear vs soo anyway, making this entire conversation pointless. fucking soo.

Somebody better pick up that phone, because he FUCKIN CALLED IT
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 401
WardiTV151
Rex85
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 17095
StarCastTV_EN402
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech124
Rex 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 12380
EffOrt 6190
BeSt 1824
ZerO 1291
Hyuk 866
Larva 861
Horang2 844
Hyun 286
Zeus 276
Stork 198
[ Show more ]
Killer 195
Light 194
Barracks 129
Rush 84
Yoon 59
ToSsGirL 41
Shinee 36
Mini 35
Bale 30
Mong 24
Terrorterran 22
PianO 20
Sacsri 19
ggaemo 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
sorry 9
Noble 8
HiyA 7
Sea.KH 5
Dota 2
Dendi645
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli869
x6flipin70
Other Games
singsing1901
olofmeister1415
XaKoH 529
crisheroes257
Pyrionflax190
Sick166
ArmadaUGS50
Mew2King47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream392
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 235
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH290
• StrangeGG 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1882
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.