• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7196 users

FXOpen.NA disbands - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
August 07 2013 08:35 GMT
#61
On August 07 2013 09:31 Seeker wrote:
I will be releasing an official FXO thread in a couple of days explaining our current situation. The NA team disbanding is not the only thing that has occurred.

Hopefully the other thing(s) are more positive. :-/
I Protoss winner, could it be?
FXOBoSs
Profile Joined August 2011
337 Posts
August 07 2013 08:59 GMT
#62
Just to clarify, my leaving FXO had nothing to do with e-sports. I left FXOpen the organisation as a director due to other reasons. Mostly career related. As such I had to say bye to e-sports. They came hand in hand basically as I wasn't paid to do e-sports and I spent alot of money (about 80k) from my pocket on the project. Bigger/better things career wise came up, so I took them.

I have not remained "in touch" with e-sports really since coming back to Australia but I do check up on things every now and then.

I am sure the guys who are in control of this will let everyone know whats going on.

Peace.
www.twitter.com/gosutrading
FlukyS
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Ireland485 Posts
August 07 2013 11:42 GMT
#63
It never really lived in the first place. FXO EU is looking good though and FXO KR is obviously fine too. FXO NA never really had a chance.
sotaporo
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland195 Posts
August 07 2013 12:10 GMT
#64
seems like professional teams that focus only 1 esport don't last. when i think about teams that have been there for 10years or so all have/had multiple games. sure many starts with just one but they expand.
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
August 07 2013 12:23 GMT
#65
I was hoping Neeb would have better results ( GL
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
August 07 2013 12:39 GMT
#66
On August 07 2013 09:31 Seeker wrote:
I will be releasing an official FXO thread in a couple of days explaining our current situation. The NA team disbanding is not the only thing that has occurred.


Looking forward to clarity and elaboration
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 13:17:31
August 07 2013 13:15 GMT
#67
Well lets be honnest here for a second...
90 % of these players are literally totally unknown...And basically accomplished nothing,yet they still have the priviliege to be on a good and stable structure such as FXO.
To me its only normal for FXO to get rid of this money vacuum,that's what i would have done also.

The basic idea was pretty good,an FXO team for each region was pretty cool ; too bad it didn't really show results for the NA scene.

Don't get me wrong,all of these players are obviously good but maybe they don't quite belong in FXO but in lesser known teams (Neeb being an exeption i guess).

GL to them in the future !
RIP MKP
NostalgiaTalex
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada113 Posts
August 07 2013 13:24 GMT
#68
It's a shame to see this happen, I have a lot of friends on the team and I hope they all get picked up personally. It's still sad though.
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
August 07 2013 13:29 GMT
#69
Hm I didn't know anybody on this team, but Neeb I think. So since I consider myself a pretty hardcore sc2 follower, this does doesn't com too surprising. Sucks for the NA scene though . Teams supporting lesser known players is important.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
August 07 2013 13:32 GMT
#70
I don't really know the names honestly. Then again i am not close to the NA scene.

Hope you guys find another good home there.
Eggi
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
478 Posts
August 07 2013 13:45 GMT
#71
Everyone thinks that FXO.NA was being supported heavily.

They were on a mouse-pad salary.
KingMahv
Profile Joined April 2013
Denmark3 Posts
August 07 2013 13:48 GMT
#72
Good luck to Moosegills and Remark
Arkansassy
Profile Joined October 2010
358 Posts
August 07 2013 15:26 GMT
#73
Can't say I didn't see this coming and can't say I'm sorry, although I do feel badly for some of the team members. Their biggest mistake was not taking the one player from LgN that would have brought them publicity and notoriety.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
August 07 2013 15:45 GMT
#74
On August 07 2013 09:31 Seeker wrote:
I will be releasing an official FXO thread in a couple of days explaining our current situation. The NA team disbanding is not the only thing that has occurred.


Oh no. I don't really know FXO.NA players but when i saw that i thought about you. I hope you can remain in Esports That you will find something. Because if they are disbanding, what does it mean for you ?
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
FosTA
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada154 Posts
August 07 2013 15:47 GMT
#75
On August 08 2013 00:26 Arkansassy wrote:
Can't say I didn't see this coming and can't say I'm sorry, although I do feel badly for some of the team members. Their biggest mistake was not taking the one player from LgN that would have brought them publicity and notoriety.


If you are talking about Kane, then you should know that Kane left LgN way before they were talking about merging with FXO.

I am sad to see this team disband. FXO.NA/LgN Always had a good roster and helped out their players.
FosTA | LgN - Pulse - LYGF - MgZ - Exist |StarCraft Manager
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
August 07 2013 17:31 GMT
#76
On August 08 2013 00:47 FosTA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 00:26 Arkansassy wrote:
Can't say I didn't see this coming and can't say I'm sorry, although I do feel badly for some of the team members. Their biggest mistake was not taking the one player from LgN that would have brought them publicity and notoriety.


If you are talking about Kane, then you should know that Kane left LgN way before they were talking about merging with FXO.

I am sad to see this team disband. FXO.NA/LgN Always had a good roster and helped out their players.


I think he's talking about Avilo.
I <3 StarCraft.
DavoS
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States4605 Posts
August 07 2013 17:35 GMT
#77
Long as Neeb finds a new team then I can't really say this is sad news to me
"KDA is actually the most useless stat in the game" Aui_2000
GunPaladin
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1205 Posts
August 07 2013 21:15 GMT
#78
On August 07 2013 10:08 Nomzter wrote:
I didnt even know FXO NA was a thing

ha, i know right! It's like they didn't even try to market the team. Did they ever even enter a league?
The doctors gave me 9 months to live, ]BIG[ gave me a life time.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
August 07 2013 23:27 GMT
#79
On August 08 2013 06:15 GunPaladin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2013 10:08 Nomzter wrote:
I didnt even know FXO NA was a thing

ha, i know right! It's like they didn't even try to market the team. Did they ever even enter a league?

................................................................................................................

I'm going to be releasing a thread soon explaining everything.
And yes, we did try to market the team.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Taf the Ghost
Profile Joined December 2010
United States11751 Posts
August 07 2013 23:32 GMT
#80
On August 07 2013 15:45 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2013 15:37 deathly rat wrote:
I remember the awesome players that FXO used to have including Sheth, Moonglade and QXC. Maybe not the absolute tip-top best players, but some of the most interesting personalities that have been part of the SC2 scene.

mOOnGLaDe
tgun
OpTiKzErO
Sheth
qxc
SLoG
BoSs
Unstable
mOoNan
Wolf
Oz

Never forget!


That GSTL run was an absolute blast. Especially QXC's All-Kill of LG-IM. Good times.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM753
TKL 318
TaKeTV 255
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 115
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 190
MaxPax 143
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 115
UpATreeSC 99
MindelVK 24
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 69
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1563
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2779
singsing1670
B2W.Neo867
ceh9625
Beastyqt570
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0134
Dewaltoss61
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream506
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2447
• TFBlade784
Other Games
• Shiphtur257
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.